Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Dear You,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I got myself into this mess, I'm sorry I've caused you pain, I'm sorry your blood-sugar is unsteady because of me, I'm sorry to give you cause for embarrassment. I'm sorry that your birthday and father's day aren't going to be celebrated in an especially warm manner with regards to me. Part of me says we're both getting older, we should stop wasting time waiting for the other to stop being so proud, knowing -whether it is further cause of shame for you- that I am the most like you of all your children.

But you have hurt me so badly, so so badly. Thursday was hard for me. It was the sentencing all over again. The accusations from the prosecutor, the insisting that I am a horrible predator, and the things the parents are claiming...if they're true, well, defamation of character lawsuit against them and two school districts was not something I had in mind, nor is it something I can afford to pursue unless I were to win such a case. Hearing the so-called facts of the case and then hearing actual truth in there, the arguing between the two lawyers in the hallway, the insults that were made without a care because I "deserve" it and those poor victims.

I expected you to be on my side.

When I hear you tell me I deserve this and that I must be lying, so just live with the way things are and why did I have to try to get out of this...it f****** stings. I would swear on anything, absolutely anything, that I did not do the things you think me guilty of.

So I tell you this: if you can't believe me, don't show up again on the 13th. I don't care if you're my father; if you can't find it in your heart to know me well enough to know I did not do those things, I don't want you around me at all. I don't need anyone in my life who can't trust me or believe me and you can go f*** your unconditional love and your loving me anyway. It means nothing to me if you can't be on my side.

Sadly,
Goose
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Dear you,

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped caring so much about people. I know your actions have nothing to do with me but it doesn't make it any less painful.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:22 pm

Dear You,

Don't be offended or anything because I seriously don't mean it as any sort of offense but rather the opposite, but I am so glad you can't put two and two together.

If we were part of a TV show, the viewers at home today would be watching and going, *facepalm* "it's so obvious, why hasn't he figured it out yet!"

Because you might've put two (all my talk about the security clearance stuff) and two (my panic about your course selection for next year) together, along with my carefully treading around the subject today and for the past year, and figured out what it is that I'm so screwed up about. Chaos would ensue.

I really hope you're not going to have a revelation or something overnight, but if you do, please do call me tomorrow so that we can talk. I've actually had many dreams in which you figure stuff out and then I have to talk it out with you, but thankfully that hasn't happened in real life.

The fact that, even though you're amazingly intuitive, you don't put two and two together, is part of the reason why I talk about that stuff with you more than with anybody else. Thank you.

-me
The password is "guilty"

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Dear You,

Why did you do that? Why, why, why did you stinking do that?

I HATE being caught in the middle of all of this.

Stupid ethical stuff.

Yourself
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:43 am

Dear You,

If the vinegar does not get the smell of cat pee out of my beloved shower curtain, I will be very, very, very put out. I love that shower curtain. It's my first nice one. I don't care that I got it for free -- it's worth $80. And you keep peeing on it, and I am really not okay with that. I suggest you remember who supplies your kitty treats the next time you need to relieve yourself.

Your owner
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:04 am

Dear Keys to work

where the hell did you go? you should be in my pocket. I have not taken you out of my pocket. am I so absent minded that I gave you back to my boss yesterday and I forgot? I was late to work because I turned around and drove back home to look for you. I knew you weren't at home but I still looked and did not find you (though in the current move in mess this is hardly a surprise). The only other thing I can figure is that you fell out of my pocket when I went through security at the theatre last night. Oh I wish that place would hurry up and open.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:26 am

Dear you,
You keep making my life a bit more difficult every time your head shows up somewhere.

Dear another you,
I wish you stood by my side abit more. I like your constructivism, but I have felt a bit betrayed with your not chosing to comment with at least an attempt of comfort. I know you're somewhere different place than me mentally.

It's not as if I was 'alas if he tries to not take my side' on you. Haven't expected you to see the things the way I did, but I wished you at least let me know you acknowledge what position I'm in and a *wish* to comfort me on that level verbally.

On the other hand, I'm not going to take offense about that; you have helped me with practical consequences of the problem and have done so extremely fast, which was valuable, and I thank you for that. It's just a bit about pride, rather than feeling neglected and deeply hurt.
We should have no regrets. ... The past is finished. There is nothing to be gained by going over it. Whatever it gave us in the experiences it brought us was something we had to know.
- Rebecca Beard

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14 am

Dear You,

Please please please please offer me the salary I want.

Please.

Pretty please.

Thanks,

Me
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Dear You,

I just wanted to let you know that the fact that you used the word "phone-cuddle" to keep me on the phone the other night absolutely made my day. You're silly.

Love,
Me. =]

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Dear You,

-Alea
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:14 am

Dear you,

I am home from Vancouver and you are not here. I miss you so so so so so so so so much. This big apartment is empty.
Tell Daddy it's time to come home from camping.

Love,
Mommy
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:53 am

Dear You,

So it seems you won't be a VSI (Valid Source of Information) next year. Just, y'know, some historical perspective. (I still like you as a person. I don't talk to you only because you have information.)

Dear You,

Happy birthday in advance, and (as I've been thinking for two months now, almost, although it could've been exactly two months had I been paying attention) what the hell. How many can you possibly have? Seriously.

Dear You,

Were you there? I think you were. You're not one to skip mandatory events, and probably appreciate stuff like that, judging by something you once said about some 1960s film. Anyhow...

Dear You,

You know, all that stuff you've said, had you been anyone else I probably would've wanted you dead by now. But I don't, because you're one of my favorite people in the whole world, really, and you don't say that stuff the way most idiots say it. You say it more in the DG way, and in your own way, which is funny. Besides, I trust you, and you are the person with whom I discuss matters.

Dear You,

...Say goodbye to them?...

...?

And You,

Congratulations. It appears you've survived it. You did it this time. (I bet you're going to be facing lots of "How Do You Feel About That?"). Just, in the future, do be careful. If there's one thing we've learned, it's that you are that stupid. Nothing is harmless, here.

-Yourself
The password is "guilty"

Froth
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Froth » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Dear you,

Now that you know religion is an issue is between us, you’re changing. Changing to what you’ve always wanted to be, to what I’ve helped you to be, but in the opposite direction of me. I help you in that direction cause I love you and I know its what you truly want and deserve. But you want me to follow, and I don’t know if I can. I’m not strong enough for you, for this. I wish I could. But I don’t feel like I can now, I’ve forgotten how to believe. And now you’re making it the center of our relationship. You’re pushing me to be what you are. And I love you for it, but I don’t know how much of it I can take. Do you understand that if you push to hard, that it’ll be the end of us?

Love,
Me
*Insert hilariously accurate quote about the way the world works and a tad sexist about woman, that 99.9% of the forum wont laugh at, but Ill rofl for hours at*

such is me and my humor.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:55 pm

Hey there. =]

Just wanted to tell you, this is the end for us. =[
And I intend to animate most of these sentences with either happy or sad faces. =\
And that one. =]
I really just don't enjoy you anymore. =[
Mostly because of this one girl. =\
But that's okay. =]
Because you're not an actual person. =|
Plus, soon I'll be busy with school and my boyfriend, and I just don't really want to come back to you. =[
You've been a part of my life for nearly four years now. =!
But I just don't like you anymore. =[
Sorry! =\
It'll be okay, I promise. =]
You're really just not supportive, so please don't give me that look. =[
I can't really call you home at all. =[
So I'm off to a better life! =]
Byebye. =]

MOO WHA!
Kelsey.

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Dear You,

Help me put an end to this in my mind. Help me understand. If nothing else, help me learn from this experience.

Can you do that? Can you help me to not learn the wrong thing?

--Me
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:57 pm

Dear You,

We're having reptiles brought into the library tomorrow for a program. I have been thinking about you all week with that knowledge in mind.

<3

Dear Yous,

Why do you have to be so high in calories and so delicious?

-Saltine Cracker Fan

Dear Yous,

Nope, sorry. Still the Sears Tower and so it will stay.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:56 am

Dear you,

Yay! You'll have to let me know what types they bring. Also, I haven't forgotten about sending you that email...I just need to find an old email that I wrote which says it all so I don't have to rewrite (and re-think) it all.

love,
nom
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Dear you,

You made a mistake.

I am not the same person I was when you knew me. I am braver and more self-confident. But I am more powerful now, too. I have resources. And I will bring you down. I'm calling my lawyer in a second and placing a lien on your house. I've contracted a private detective to photograph you breaking the law. I'm going to have you arrested shortly afterwards and then I am taking your children from you.

Have a good life.

-Me.
The password is "guilty"

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:30 pm

Dear You,

Just so you don't come back and think I have had SOOOO much fun without you, I've been so lost and irritated on Fridurdays.

Dear You,

Thank you for talking to me and being as excited as I am by that. It's so hard to find anyone who is actually excited by anything that means as much as that does to me.

Dear You,

Blah, blah, blah, blah. Ugh. [Any number of supposedly encouraging, actually discouraging words of wisdom here]. Idiot.
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Janus%TheDoorman
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Original Two-Face

Postby Janus%TheDoorman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 am

Dear You,

I know it's not your fault, any of you. I don't blame you, or at least I don't think you've done anything wrong, but... it's still done, and I still have to deal with it. I love you, and I hate you. I'll never be the same because of you, but I swear I'll become who I'm going to be because of me.
"But at any rate, the point is that God is what nobody admits to being, and everybody really is."
-Alan Watts

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:34 am

Dear You,

f*** you for instigating that fight last night.

Just because you moved to New York five years ago and started leading a double life and developed an addiction to illegal drugs and then had a nervous breakdown and got off of illegal drugs and went into therapy and started abusing prescription drugs and had another break down and somewhere in the midst of all that became the most arrogant jerk I have ever met DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND YOU.

You are one of my best friends and you always will be, but don't you f****** dare. My current relationship is hands down the best thing that ever happened to me in my life and is absolutely my number one priority and you had better get used to that fact starting yesterday.

Don't you ever demand that I prove my devotion to you again. I have done enough in our 15 years of friendship to prove to you over and over and over again that I love you and that I'm there for you. I've gone into the city in the middle of the f****** night to sit by your bed and hold your hand while you fall asleep because you were too f****** up and scared to be alone. Don't you ever pull that manipulative guilt trip on me again, or I swear you won't recover from it.

David is the man I'm going to marry. He's going to the father of my children someday. That makes him number one. Get used to it.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Dear douchebag in the parking lot at my apartment complex,

Thanks ever so much for hitting my car last night and knocking the driver's side mirror off. Also, thanks for the nonexistant note. It was fine when I parked my car at 1:30PM yesterday afternoon. But not when I went out to it at noon today.

I mean, ok, I know the damage could be a lot worse. But, just cosmetic damage would be quite so big a deal because I could live with it. I mean, I'd be PISSED! But, my car is due for inspection in August and I was going to do it the week that I'm home from August 10-17... but, now being able to do that depends on getting parts in to put the mirror back on between now and then... especially considering that I leave for a 4 day conference August 5-9.

Also, way to put a big dent in my savings. I was hoping to use that money for something fun... but, no... $230 to reattach a #### mirror.
-Kim

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Just Another Chris

Postby Olhado_ » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Dear you,

I think you have a problem when you still enjoy every episode of Scubs as if it was the first time watching it and you do not even own a single season on DVD.
Not
Even
Remotely
Dorky

Professor Frink
-The Simpsions

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:17 am

Dear You,

You are an idiot. You really are.

But that's no way to talk to someone who has just made my day, is it? Granted, you could've been so much more helpful, but what you've done is definitely good enough for me. So thank you.

I'd told myself (earlier today, in fact) that I might go do something if you helped me out, and you did. Now I have a decision to make. Good day to you.

-me

P.S. I'm not jealous. I'm not!
Okay, maybe a little.
The password is "guilty"

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:02 pm

Dear you,

I think you have a problem when you still enjoy every episode of Scubs as if it was the first time watching it and you do not even own a single season on DVD.
Not sure what the problem is, but this definitely describes me, as well.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:57 pm

Is it a problem if you enjoy every episode of Scrubs as if it's the first time you've seen it, and you actually do own all of the seasons?
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:26 am

i own all the seasons and i still watch the show when it's on TV. it's a very enjoyable series.
Ubernaustrum

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:34 am

Dear You,

I know it's not your fault, any of you. I don't blame you, or at least I don't think you've done anything wrong, but... it's still done, and I still have to deal with it. I love you, and I hate you. I'll never be the same because of you, but I swear I'll become who I'm going to be because of me.
Dear You,

You stole the word right out of my keyboard. Not that it has anything to do with you.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:13 pm

Dear You,
I know it seems like magic or a miracle of Biblical proportions but I just like to call it subtraction and division.

-Only apparent math-skilled book person in the building

Dear You,
Holy...ugh, it broke my heart, ya know? I've been kind of whimpering on and off ever since. Oh, I guess I should tell you, I listened to TL5Y and then found a crap version of the play online. Loved it but I think you knew I would, you darn Wise Goat, you.

-Meeeeeee
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Dear you,

Can I just eat normal, (semi)healthy food?

Please?

-Me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:35 pm

Dear Monsters Inside Me,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WHY?! Why did you have to show the needle-eye pairing?! Oh my God.

Seriously. I say after your 3rd episode that human eyes totally freak me out... so you have at least one eye case per show since then. I think you've got abug on me and are using it against me.
-Kim

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:11 am

Dear Pita Chips,

I have taken a sudden likeness to you, and I hope you don't mind me stuffing my face.

-Me
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:11 am

Dear You,

Please please please please please please please?

Pretty please with whipped cream and hot fudge and three cherries on top?

You have no idea how much it would mean to me, no idea how happy it would make me. You shouldn't have any idea, really, at all. That's the whole point. But hell, I've spent the whole weekend on edge, waiting for your response. So please respond already, and it would be nothing for you to respond affirmatively. But right now, it would mean the world to me.
The password is "guilty"

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Dear You,

Happy two years, I love you.

: )

- Me
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Just Another Chris

Postby Olhado_ » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:32 pm

Dear you,

That was a great conversation about everything and nothing that I have had in a while. Thank you for that.
Not
Even
Remotely
Dorky

Professor Frink
-The Simpsions

Return to “Milagre Town Square”