Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Dear You,

Does it help at all if I tell you that I'm always rooting for you? Or that I think you're an awesome person who doesn't deserve any of the hardship that you've had to endure? What if I say that I think you're much stronger than you give yourself credit for, and I admire your perseverance more than you realize?

No, it probably doesn't help at all, but it's true nonetheless. And thanks again for keeping me company these past two Saturday nights. :wink:

-me
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:34 am

Dear you,

The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

-An old friend
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Darth Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Some call me... Tim

Postby Darth Petra » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:03 am

Dear you:

I've given up caring. So leave me alone and let me live my life the way I want to.

Luv and kisses.

Your loving daughter,

Darthie P.
"Death is the only serious preoccupation in life."
- The Count of Monte Cristo

Valentine
Soldier
Soldier
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Valentine » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:27 am

Dear you,
How about a few less lies? Please?

cyr
Launchie
Launchie

Postby cyr » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Dear you,

pay attention for once

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:30 pm

Dear You,

You know nothing. Sure, Blane is pretty but he's a liar. Then there's Duckie, and well, he's just plain awesome, supportive, goofy, and he did one hell of an Otis Redding performance.

-Me

Dear You,

You are comfortable, which is preferable actually to comforting...though you can be that, too. It is a pleasure to be both a 13 year old and 25 year old with you.

-Alea

Dear You,

*sigh* You're back. I could smell you from my room, which means you're wearing TOO much cologne. Thanks for the headache. Oh, and my dog missed you so give her a little bit of attention, please, before she gets depressed.

-Your sister
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:46 pm

Dear You,

We have been talking a lot the passed couple weeks. We hung out and had a great time. You have been saying how much you miss me. You started sending me random texts again. So you're going to tell me something terrible now right? That's how usually goes. You're getting married to someone aren't you? Ha! I was joking when I wrote that, but just realized, that would be the second relationship in a row that my ex got married in the months after the breakup. But seriously, don't tell me something terrible or shut me out for weeks like you do when you actually admit that you miss me and still like me. We are supposed to hang out Saturday. Hopefully it goes well.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:48 pm

Dear you,

If I met you today on pweb instead of years ago, I don't know if I would reach out to you. That scares me. Maybe I'm flattering myself but I like to think that I had a significant impact on your life in a positive way. What if I hadn't put forth the effort to win your trust and love? Would your life be different now? I don't want to lose the part of myself that was able to help you. But I don't know how to save that part and yet protect myself from being hurt from predators like Him. I don't trust my judgment anymore and that is going to hamper me in my dealings with people. I don't want what he did to me to prevent me from meeting other yous.

love,
nudgenomi

Dear you,
It is going to be difficult to see you tomorrow and ride in the car with you. At the therapist today, I realized that the things you said to me when I was younger have influenced my patterns of relating ever since. Because I didn't buy into the guilt trips (to stay home and be your emotional support) like my brothers did, I was the "selfish" one. I was so afraid of that being true, that I have always tried to do everything for everyone else, no matter the cost to myself. That is a big reason that I got into and stayed in the awful relationship with Him. You told me I was selfish when I was young and I have been trying to prove you wrong ever since.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:02 pm

Dear sha... You,

I quite enjoy watching you deny ever having said anything all the while it quite clearly says "THIS POST WAS LAST EDITED BY:" as well as a date/time beyond when the following posts were made which did indeed have you making comments that you did indeed make. In the future I would recommend just rolling off the punches instead of leaning in to them...

Your Bestest Non-Friend,
Wil

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:47 am

Dear you!

Call me before you go to class (yes, I know it's 4:45am, don't be mad) and remind me I have something to tell you. Also remind me of Romeo and Juliet.

- me.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:44 pm

Dear You,

You know nothing. Sure, Blane is pretty but he's a liar. Then there's Duckie, and well, he's just plain awesome, supportive, goofy, and he did one hell of an Otis Redding performance.

-Me
Worst. Ending.Ever.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Dear You,

-Me
Worst. Ending.Ever.

I'd have to say that Little Women wins that title.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:41 pm

You have no idea how close I was to writing "Except for maybe Jo and Laurie" in that post. :D
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:19 am

Dear You,

You're a brat but...

(Third definition in the M-W online dictionary. Like pie.)

-Me

Valentine
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Valentine » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:54 am

Dear you,
That was so cute. :-)
-Nic

Dear you,
I don't like worrying when you go out and don't call. I hope you come home soon. I know I don't need to worry, but I do. I don't like it when you drink and drive, even if it really is just one drink. I wish you'd have let me pick you up and take you. I really would have been up until you got home anyway - considering it's 3am now as is, and I'm wide awake..
Just be safe. That's all I care about.
-Nicole

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:23 am

Dear You,

Happy birthday. I do wish I'd known four years ago, when it actually mattered. Somewhat.
The password is "guilty"

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:44 pm

Dear You,

Happy birthday; I just wish I were there or you were here for it, ya know? Because you having a girlfriend or not, distance or not, conflicting schedules (okay, that's all you being too busy) or not, besides Mom, you have been the best, closest, most supportive person in my life and I have to wonder how I made it those 3 years you weren't around (...and then I remember, I was a baby and didn't know better :P).

Thank you for promising to dress up with me for Christmas, and for promising you'll make hand-turkeys with me for Thanksgiving. Thank you for knowing when to laugh with me, when to scold me for being stupid, when to just sit silently, when to hug, when we need to get cookies 'n' cream and watch chick flicks...so much to be thankful for.

Basically, thank you for being the best little brother, or any type of brother, a girl could ask for. I hope I'm half as awesome to you as you are to me.

Love,
Leaster

P.S. I just had a flashback of 3 year old you plotting with mom to go in my room and play with my toys when I wasn't around; not cool, mister! I also just remembered you used to say Icka-Ba instead of Mickey Mouse. And you opened that Zelda toy way before Christmas. And M dressed you up like a gangster...but you weren't intimidating because you peed your pants. *happy sigh* It's been strange and fun watching you grow up.

Dear Yous,

ASAP, get a room, f*** to your hearts' content, and then give it a damn break already. You are seriously getting on my last nerve and I want so badly to like the both of you.

-Alea

Hector.Victorious
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hector.Victorious » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Dear You,

Answer the phone for once. Please. I beg of you.

- Your confused and angry friend.
"Killing Buggers was not homicide."
"No, I guess it was insecticide."

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Dear Yous,
It would be very considerate if you would take your movie-talk-foreplay into private chat so that the rest of us don't have to be unwilling voyeurs to it.
The password is "guilty"

Valentine
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Valentine » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:29 pm

Dear you,
I'm assuming that's directed at me, and I will attempt to not derail threads with movie talk. I find it hard to not respond to references, however, as it's something that I'm passionate about. So you'll have to forgive me. :) It's fun to finally have someone to discuss things with, especially since the one person I always turned to for that was my ex-boyfriend. Now that I'm not in film school, and can't find a decent movie forum, I really don't have anyone in the world to talk movies with.
However, I do find it amusing that you posted this to everyone, but with your s/n anonymous. Wouldn't it be easier to PM? I'm a really nice person, and I don't think differently of people for criticizing me.
-Valentine

Dear You(s),
My room is not blockbuster. I love you both, but this is ridiculous. From the media room alone, I found 16 of my DVDs. Many not even in their cases! One of you gave me a few more dvds from your room; the other I KNOW has several more. I don't mind you watching my movies. Hell, I encourage it! But let me know when you take one, or at least put it back. I don't want to have to make a list so I know which movies are "borrowed."
-Nicole

Dear you,
I hope you're done lying. I like you. Too much.
-Nicole

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:55 pm

Dear You,

Thank goodness, I was getting tired of your pointless little PMS-driven fight. No offense.

-Helen

ETA:

Dear Ya'll,

Look at you two, little seeds of romance blossoming on the savannah.

-Helen
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:48 am

Dear you,

Thank-you. Really. I've said thank-you to you already for letting me study at your place tonight, but I'm not sure I can say it enough. I really appreciate it.

~me
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:18 am

Dear you,

:roll:
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:45 am

Dear slob,
Do your dishes and don't leave your cat's food dish on the kitchen counter.

Thank goodness you're only here three-four days a week.

Jakt
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Jakt » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:19 am

Dear You,

I wish you would see that you're not the only one that lives here. Please stop trying to be the ruler of the thermostat when you're here the least amount of time. My feet are freezing and I blame you

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:04 am

dear dumbass
in the sink, and now filled with water on top of the dried out wet cat food is not a better place for the damn cat bowl

Also your tv has a sleep timer, learn what it is and use it. not only is it an egregious waste of power, I can hear it through your closed door and mine.

Jakt
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Jakt » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:09 pm

Dear You,

Why do you insist on owning the room you come into. The world won't halt for you. The fact is, that is hurtful to you in the long run. You are a good person but you are blind to everyone else in the room. When you come around and start complaining and barking orders it makes people not want to be around you.

I have high hopes and I try not to react to what you do not see as insulting but eventually you're going to have to come down your high horse.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:18 am

Dear You,

I understand why you would delete it, but it sucks that you did. Don't let what other people think of you get to you (generic moral reinforcement, but it's true). People are dumb and stupid... you should never listen to them! But you should listen to me... because I'm not being dumb right now! I understand that it is hard to tell the difference between those hurting you because they love you and those hurting you because they are being spiteful and jealous people... but in general what your friends were telling you sounds an awful lot like the latter... so ignore it! Just do what your heart tells you to do, and you can't be unhappy!

-- Respectively Vague

Dear You,

Your eyes are so amazingly awesome that it makes me want to steal them! I've told you that... and it probably sounds really damn weird... but they are so awesome and you must know this! I'm sure other people look at your eyes and cringe because they look as if they are seeing in to their very soul... but God damn if those eyes aren't so hot. 8)

-- NotWil

Dear You,

Inka binka bottle of ink, the cork fell out and you stink!

-- Making s*** Up Now

Dear Yourself,

Stop being bored.

-- Brain

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:08 am

Dear You,

That reminded me of:

Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack,
All dressed in black, black, black,
With silver buttons, buttons, buttons,
All down her back, back, back
She asked her mother, mother, mother,
For fifty cents, cents, cents,
To see the elephant, elephant, elephant.
Jump over the fence, fence, fence.
He jumped so high, high, high,
He reached the sky, sky, sky,
And he never came back, back, back,
‘Till the end of July, ‘ly, ‘ly.

I'd ask if you played that hand clapping game but you're a boy, so part of me hopes you didn't. Then again, I do hate that boys and girls are told they shouldn't/couldn't do something due to their sex, so part of me hopes you did.

Also, yes, I typically hate boring Pweb days. But I spent the day doing things that needed to be done and things I wanted to get done, so I can't complain.

-Me

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:27 am

dear you,

we did the miss mary mack clapping thing in kindergarten or first grade music class and all the boys loved it. then I moved to another school and discovered it was a thing that boys weren't supposed to do or like and I thought that was incredibly stupid because it was lots of fun. :/

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:21 am

Dear yous,

This weekend was fabulous!!! Movie was great! Hotel wasn't enough sleep (but that's cool...talking is good too!). Shopping was so fun! Cheesecake factory was YUM!!! I don't know how 7 girls managed to spend over 24 hours straight together with no drama, but we did! And 24 hours away from all of our kids was heavenly. I'm so tired today, but it's a satisfied tired. I'm voting for twice a year!

Steph
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:24 pm

Dear You,

I love you. I'm a little worried about the lack of space thing. And the two slobs living together thing. And the you-seriously-get-on-my-nerves-sometimes thing. But I have a feeling there will be compensations.

I hope this works out.

I can't believe you'll be here soon!

Bunny
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:34 pm

Dear You,

Never heard that one before. How about:

A sailor went to sea, sea, sea
To see what he could see, see, see
But all that he could see, see, see
Was the bottom of the deep blue sea, sea, sea

Then you can repeat it with different words!

Throughout my life I've had girls try and teach me different songs and dances and hand things... and I've resisted them all! Because I am a boy and do not such silly things! Okay, that's not true. I've learned them all, I've just forgotten a lot of them too. :(

Wil

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:47 pm

Personally, Miss Sally was my favorite.

Miss Sally had a steamboat
The steamboat has a bell
Miss Sally went to heaven,
the steamboat went to hellO operator
please give me number 9
and if you disconnect me, I'll kick you from
behind the fridgerator, there was a piece of glass
Miss Sally set upon it and broke her little
ASK me no more questions, I'll tell you no more lies
the boys are in the bathroom, zipping up their
flies are in the city, bees are in the park.
Miss sally and her boyfriend are kissing in the dark dark dark.
-Kim

Aesculapius
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aesculapius » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:54 pm

Nice thread idea...

Dear you,

I have no idea how you may really feel, but I love you.

~!~

Dear you(s),

I know you don't care, you never did, and that's fine with me.
I'll be gone soon enough; eight years isn't as long as you may think.
I'll see you all one day in the next world, and we'll discuss what never happened.
I'll be taking the easy way out - the selfish way out - and I'll be able to escape everything that goes on. Not changing your life, for better, or for worse.

Good Bye
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
-Benjamin Franklin

Aesculapiüs

Return to “Milagre Town Square”