Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:46 pm

Dear You,
While I find you somewhat sexy for seeming to respectfully love women, I think you should be worried when a woman tells you she wants to own you or control you. Just sayin'.

-A fan

Dear You,
I am not ready to face her yet unless it's a forced interaction. I'm sorry that this means I likely won't be seeing much of you for a while.

Love,
Goose

Dear You,
I am not a parent. I did not get your ex pregnant. Please stop relying on me to watch/feed/entertain/tuck in your children, whom you don't see all that often as it is. Besides, didn't you once tell me no woman will ever come between you and your girls? Prove it.

Love,
Your sis

Dear You Two,
Wow. I guess I shouldn't be surprised or hurt in the least bit...but really? You two who love(d) to claim a status you hardly deserve(d)? I'm trying to not cuss as much as I have been prone to lately, but f*** you. Have a nice day.

Alea
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:53 am

Dear You,

Don't I ever do anything right? Isn't there any time I tell you about something I'm doing with a client that you have a spark of wanting to affirm me? I recognize that you want to push me, want to share your knowledge, want to build on my ideas with your own, but I leave our sessions feeling quite discouraged. Even though I feel good about the work I'm doing.

Your One-Day-A-Week Supervisee
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Dear You,

I called you right back! Where did you go?

-Me
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:17 am

Dear Yous,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EX1nLDlBJM

Check around the 1 minute mark. That's the movie with the big eared guy cleaning out the drain.

-Alea

ETA:

You stupid, stupid Son of a Bitch,

I cannot believe you. I don't know who did it, it really doesn't matter but if I ever find out it was you, I'm honest to goodness never speaking to you again. How many times did I tell you about it or mention it, because there were things that were important to me, and you just stayed silent? You just let me think what I was going to think, because I believed your silence meant something and f***, that always worked before, right? I'm such an idiot, first for all that and secondly for even giving a s*** at this point.

-Me

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:43 pm

Dear You,

If you would carefully and nitpickilly read the manual before presenting preliminary results, you wouldn't have this problem with having to anxiously anticipate informing people that you made a mistake. I mean, it's nice that it's worked out twice that you were 100% correct and vindicated, but is it really worth the worry?

Me

Dear Yous,

ARG. CUT IT OUT. YISH!!!

Me
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:45 pm

Dear You,

I'm done here. I think it's time we all move on. We've already established that the people that we came here to support are not willing to give our company what it needs to be sustainable, and we're in an area where our normal infrastructure to deal with situations like this is not sustainable. This will not change. Even their attempts to show us that the current situation is only temporary, show even more that the times that we will be busy are not going to be the type of work that is profitable to us. We have attempted to "tap the market" of potential local customers, with some success, but again not to the extent required to make us show a profit. It is plausible that one of these could turn in to somewhere that would be sustainable, however the potential of that seems slim. Even the potential large customers are at such a distance that the employees we have recruited here will not be able to service them without extensive travel costs, which will again eat away at any profits we might make. The only way to service them would be to relocate or recruit locally - into a city that, again, does not have the other local business to satisfy our company's needs. Our business model, which is suited to (and required by) the type of premium service that we provide, cannot work in this environment. We need to pack up and move on.

Please accept this. Please, soon, tell me to start packing, so I can move back to Canada. Both for my sake, because I hate the limbo and the boredom of doing nothing all day, and for the company's sake, because we're going on almost a full month of non-profitability and it's not about to slow down.

--Cam
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:39 pm

Dear You,

In response to this:
People always give me weird looks when I talk about turtle stew. I once caught a turtle that was about the size of my torso.
I beg you, don't eat me! (There's no smiling, it's fear plastered all over that face.)

Sincerely,
Someone who is turtle-y enough for the Turtle Club
Turtle...turtle

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:42 pm

That is perhaps the second most awesome picture I have ever seen.

:D :D :D

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:18 am

Thanks for thinking so, but if that's true, you need to spend more time in Google Images. :wink:

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:40 am

Ok, wow. That made my day.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:10 am

Dear you,

You seem rather... mutated.

Do you know karate?

-Hungry
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Dear Hungry,

I've got a black belt in aikido* and the boots to match! Also, I recommend you try pizza to satisfy that hunger; it's one of my faves.**

-non-stew Turtle

*Not actually true, but I challenge you to name that movie
**This one is true.

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:56 pm

Dear you,

I always seem to have someone in my life just like you. You are fun to be around and are outgoing, so you have a lot of friends...but you seem to have very little regard for others. You don't think things through in terms of how they will affect other people.

You hurt me. Often. But I feel like I can't blame you, because I know that's just how you are. You don't set out to hurt me. You are just in your own world. I just can't help wishing things were different.

I guess it wouldn't be exam time without a few tears.

Love,
Me

Valentine
Soldier
Soldier
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Valentine » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Dear you,

Why can't we do what I want just once??
Ok, I totally get your friends are in town. You didn't start w/ that, so I guess I'm just kinda biased. But still - in over a year, just ONCE, I want BOTH of us to go out with MY friends. I go out with yours all the time!!!
I just finished final after final for a Master's program. Spent all day presenting over and over for the case competition. I'm in an MBA program. It's the weekend. I want to go out!!!!
And with YOU. Not just w/ my friends. I want you to meet everyone, and their significant others. I want to not just talk about you, but have you with me. I miss you when I go out and you aren't there. I know its awkward for you to be w/ people you don't know. I know you're a bit of a homebody. But I want to go out! I want to get some beers, listen to Michael's band, and RELAX.
PLEASE show up on time.
Just once.
Please.
-Nicole

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:32 pm

Dear you,
It's good to see you around, again. I hope you'll stay.
-Sexy

Dear you,
You did not just quote a John Candy movie, Djour Djilios.
-Still Hungry
Last edited by Syphon the Sun on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Valentine
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Valentine » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:37 pm

Good to see you, too, Sexy. I'm not 100% sure, but I just needed a place online to seperate school and work and life. :-) So this gets to be my haven for a little bit :-)

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:30 pm

Dear you ^

I was worried that some newbie had come and taken the name Valentine and I was annoyed, but it turns out it's you! Nice to see you around again.
JL
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:51 am

Dear You, PLEASE SHUT UP. I love you, you stupid cat, but the whining and yowling and crying for hours on end when i need to sleep is maddening. I cannot keep doing this. Why won't you just be quiet? Pretty please?
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Valentine
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Valentine » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:16 am

Yup, it's me. Nice to see you too, Jayelle.

Dear you,
You said 15 minutes. You actually were out an hour. You never came to be with me like you said you would. When the bar closed and I had to wait outside, you said, hang on, I'm gonna go to another bar and take a shot, then I'll be there.
What the heck?
I know you apologized, and we're fine, but seriously, seriously, uncool.
Just be a man of your word; that's all I ask
-Nic

Dear you,
I am so sorry about last night. I was miserable and angry and slightly tipsy. I shouldn't have been so irritable around you. I know I didn't hurt you or annoy you, but I still felt bad. I complained for about a full 15 minutes while we waited on our tabs. You're an awesome friend, and I'm sorry for being such a lame one.
I'm so glad I got to see you.
-Nicole

Dear you,
We did it!!! I'm so proud of us, as a team. We really pulled it off. I'm going to miss all of you.
A lot.
I'm so glad I got to work with you all, and good luck in your new teams.
-Nicole

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:09 pm

Dear you,

Welcome back! I hope you stick around. :)

- Doc
The enemy's fly is down.

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby daPyr0x » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Dear You,

I'm glad to hear that you're cool with all this. Genuinely. I like how we're really on the same wavelength here, even if I feel like an a****** about it. I know you were intoxicated when we talked, not to mention distracted; but I'm glad I got everything out. It's one less stress for me at a time where stress is the name of the game for me. And I'm glad that we can continue in our relationship fully aware of the upcoming end, yet enjoy the time that we have now for what it is, accepting that the relationship will continue to be a good experience for both of us rather than being scared or hurt by the end. This is genuinely probably the most positive and healthiest relationship that I have ever had. And though it will likely never be a life partner thing, I feel as though it has given me a definite push in the right direction to finding that person.

And I'm glad that you're not as crazy as Steph (or, Neveah, lol) likes to say. While I realize everything we talked about last night could just be written off as you "faking it to save face," when the way you "really" feel is what you express to Steph or your friends; I genuinely believe what you tell me to be the real truth.

I wish I knew more about when I'll end up leaving.

--Cam

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Dear you,
Damn your ability to not think about things for days, weeks and possibly months on end. You must have gotten my card and letter over a week ago and I still haven't heard anything from you. You left almost 3 weeks ago. Normally we talk multiple times a week. And now nothing. What the hell is going on in your head? And then the other night, your husband calls (for the second time in your 5 year marriage) to ask me how to search for something on ebay. I'm assuming that you haven't told him that anything is going on with us, otherwise he wouldn't have called. I wish you could get over your ego or pride or whatever the heck is going on and call me.

love,
me
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:13 am

Dear you,

I just axed a bunch of people from my facebook list. In particular you. Thinking of you led to it, actually. And I'm pretty sure you'll never notice. And I think that's why it took so long and why it hurts to end that last, pitiful hope that maybe things could be different. But they aren't, and they won't. So I guess this is goodbye. Goodbye.

~a forgotten best friend
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Valentine
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Valentine » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:49 pm

Dear you,
Thank you for giving me a chance! I can't wait to talk to you tommorrow!
I wish I could be this enthused in the interview but that would sound awful. LOL
-Nicole

Dear you,
I can't wait until tommorrow. And I WILL beat you at Mario. Just you wait.
-Nicole

Dear you,
C+??? What the ----? I'm a killer student. I think your grades are skewed with personal bias towards the company. My logic is in NO way flawed, as I cite many of your own past references to back up such logic. I sent you an email requesting a rewrite. I'm unhappy with this.
-A hard-working student

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:27 am

Dear You,

I don't know if you've said it on the board before, I don't feel like searching, and I'm too much of a yellow-belly to really ask...but do you have an accent? If so, I'd like to hear it someday because I am easily amused.

G D

Borommakot_15
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Borommakot_15 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:15 pm

Dear You,

Hm. That was slightly distressing. Not that I am completely surprised, but I thought you were a bigger person than that. Oh, well. If that is the way that you feel about it, then I will respect your wishes and remove myself from your life. Should you ever wish to find and/or contact me again, I am sure you can figure out how to do so. Consider this my good-bye.

May the grace and peace of our Lord be with you, forever.

~Dan
PWeb 2.0 Join Date:
October 19 2002, 08:01

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:31 pm

Dear you,
Sure...you just had to get yourself sick. So inconvenient. But probably for the best.
If I get sick and this gets delayed more, I might be severely put out.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:41 pm

Dear You,

I read that as... "I might severely put out". 0_o

Dear You,

Are we really going to do this again? I mean we have talked quite a bit the passed couple days and you wanted me to come up tonight. And I would have if I didn't have to be responsible tomorrow. Now, we have semi plans to hang out this weekend. Are we really going to continue you this? I know you are hooking up with some one else and you know I'm hooking up with some one else and we know what is going to happen if we hang out. Why don't we get back together already? Or cut each other off completely for a while? Those seem like the only solutions.

-Frustrated

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:28 pm

Dear you,

Happy Guy Fawkes Day for the first time in the UK! Burn an effigy for us.

-still jealous
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:57 am

Dear you,

I'm rather curious if you'll find this place. I mean, you've tracked down most all of my other hideouts.

I mean the following statement in the least sexual way possible (Not that I'd be opposed to... Never mind.):
I'd like to go on an adventure with you.

- Chris
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:03 am

Dear You,
I hope you're not waiting for me to get in touch with you. I'm flippin' exhausted from doing what seems like all the work.

-Alea
Last edited by Gravity Defier on Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:29 am

Will your elves avoid me until summer?
Or gripe about Alea while doing stuff?
How about elves start vexing you? Or shiny pixies?
Do fays ever shine dull or tired after doing cocaine?
What thinks Barack? Have elves done that?
Do pixies aviate happily/amiably when summer comes?
What does Obama gather within that tells they're joyful?
Do they truly smile?
Did they angrily flutter while brisk more?
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:53 pm

You,
I loved you even when you accidentally made me tear ligaments in my ankle and spend months in a cast. I love you now, too.
-Me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby daPyr0x » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Dear You,

You can tell me to butt out, because it really is none of my business; but this is me, as a friend. As someone who really cares about you.

Don't let anyone treat you worse than you deserve. You are an amazing person and you deserve to be treated better than...well, let's just say better than I know you have been.

--Camy

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Just Another Chris

Postby Olhado_ » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:16 pm

Dear you,

Enjoy your trip to China, even if it is only for a week.

-The Adventurer
Not
Even
Remotely
Dorky

Professor Frink
-The Simpsions

Return to “Milagre Town Square”