Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:48 pm

Dear You,

I love you. You are a great friend. A SUPERIOR friend. And you are my second-best roommate ever. I love that we can hang out and chat, and even though I absolutely hate the paintings you hung in the livingroom and want to rip them off the walls and throw them in the garbage I am so much happier living with you than I was in my last apartment.

That said.

WHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO TAKE OUT THE TRASH?! You can bag it, tie the bag, and drag it all the way from the kitchen to the front door. BUT THEN YOU JUST LET IT SIT THERE. AND ROT. AND SMELL. I am gone 4 nights a week! Do you know how crazy it is to come back after three nights in a row at David's and find THE SAME BAG OF GARBAGE by the door as when I left?! I do all the dishes all the time. I clean the bathroom and the kitchen and do all the floors on a very regular basis. I empty the filter and turn off the coffee maker when you're done with it.

I don't care about clutter. Leave your books and junk mail around. That's fine. THERE WAS MOLD GROWING IN YOUR COFFEE MUG THIS MORNING. YOUR COFFEE MUG WAS ON THE FLOOR IN THE CORNER BETWEEN THE COUCH AND THE WALL. I cannot hunt around searching for things you've hidden in case there's stuff LIVING in them.

I have not always been as neat as I am now. But I've never been DIRTY.

This would not bother me so much if your bedroom wasn't PRISTINE. You make your bed every morning. Fold your laundry the second it comes out of the drier. YOUR SHOES ARE LINED UP AND ORGANIZED BY STYLE AND COLOR.

TAKE. OUT. THE. TRASH.

Next time, that is. As I've already done it this time.

I love you, but seriously, escaping your careless filth should not be in the PRO column as to whether or not moving in with my boyfriend is a good plan.

love,
your roommate
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:31 pm

Dear you,

*Makes ghost sounds*

Yours sincerely,

A Ghost.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:55 pm

Dear You,

I just got home from the theatre. All I could think about during the show was you. You, you, you. For so many reasons. Every song, every line, you, you, you, you, you. Every sob that rattled through my body, you, you, you.

Until the very end.

And then I thought of him. I'm in love with him. I knew that, but I didn't know how much until tonight.

Goodbye.

Kel
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:30 pm

Dear you,

In my real-world interactions with people, I change my behavior based on what people's opinions are of me, and their perceptions of what I may do. Not always (or even usually?) to make them think better of me or to please them; just something to take into account when I think of my place in various social circles and relationships with other people.

It can be, well, tiring.

I come here to relax, to type without thinking, to not care. At least, that's what I try to do; sometimes I have instincts which compel me to do otherwise, but I try to lessen them. I worry about people not taking things the wrong way all day, and I like to be able to interact without having to do that here.

Thus, I make no promises about a change in that particular behavior. But, since you have mentioned it, it undoubtedly will have an effect on me, even if I don't intend it to.

-me
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:59 am

Dear you,

Mixed signals. Also, pretty sure you aren't over her.

-me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:28 am

Dear you,
I patiently await the day for it to really sink in that your actions are largely responsible for my hesitancy to ever get married or have children. Do you not consider how it looks to me when you do what you do? That I'm thinking if you, my one time bigger than life itself superhero, would be so cruel to women you claim you love/loved, what is to stop some guy from treating me the same way or worse?

By the way, you were wrong. I just never told you about it and never will because A. and D. not only didn't believe me when I told them, they laughed at me, and I thought the adults would do the same. I was embarrassed.

I won't tell you about any of it. Not him, not F., not J., not C. because there's a part of me that thinks I deserved it all for one reason or another. Except for the first one. Four year olds don't deserve that, not ever.

I wish you would give me a reason to trust guys, to not fear them quite so much.

Love,
Me

ETA:
Dear you,
I meant to do this right after you posted it and by the time I remembered, it seemed like a bad time to bump the thread...but I wanted to say thanks a million for sharing your landmark here at Pweb and not just Hatrack. I would try to explain why it means so much, but the best I can do is to tell you it's powerful to let someone in on something so important.
-P_G
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:58 pm

Dear You

I specifically asked about insurance prior to the summer, and you said that those of us with fellowships were going to be covered due to it acting as an assistantship. Frankly, I was rather counting on it. Right now the type of money that it will likely take to cover the 2-month gap (I remember from looking into it in previous years) is not something that I exactly have lying around right now (even assuming the graduate school gets around to actually giving us the money from our fellowships), and so this is distressing from that perspective.

However, that aside, if there was not going to be insurance coverage, I believe I (and others in my position) should have been notified by some formal means prior to its disappearance in order to have the opportunity to arrange to prevent gaps in coverage, at the bare minimum. This is not a small issue, and I am very disappointed and angered by the way that it's been handled by the department this year. Believe me, had I incurred significant medical expenses prior to this notification, I would be considering legal options, and I wouldn't be surprised if other students are. Certainly, I am considering who I ought to contact at an institutional level to ensure that other students are not put in this position. Which is difficult in that I know and care about the parties involved in the error, and really hate to cause trouble on the one hand. But on the other hand -- this has been incredibly irresponsible and could have (God forbid) caused a lot of damage of rather large magnitude.

Angry, disappointed student
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:26 pm

Dear You,

This past month or so has been interesting. I think we are good together, but you are confusing me endlessly with your mixed signals.

Me

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:25 pm

Dear you,

anyone would thing we were writing to the same person, or to each other. It makes me laugh.

-me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:01 pm

Dear You,

Oh, I was. Eff you and your mixed signals!!

Me

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:37 pm

Dear you,

My greatest joy in life is to make you suffer.
It has so far been a great day.

-me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Borommakot_15
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Borommakot_15 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:18 pm

Dear You,

There. I finally said it. Are you happy, now?

~Dan

Dear You,

I called, just like I said I would. You didn't answer. I didn't leave a voice mail.

~Dan

Dear You,

Either yes, or no.. pick.. I don't really care anymore, just pick. If you have not made a decision by the 4th of July, I am making it for you.

~Dan

Dear You,

You don't ever want to see us, again? The feeling is mutual, hun. I really do hope they take your child from you. Maybe, then, he will stop being neglected. *erases pointless griping and threats that he won't follow through on*

~Your 'brother'

Dear You,

This is your last chance. I am getting sick of this. End... game.

~Dan
PWeb 2.0 Join Date:
October 19 2002, 08:01

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:00 am

Dear Pweb,

I see all these people in relationships that are happy... that have someone to have and to hold, for better or worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health... and it makes me sad. Sad, really, because it would be nice to have that - It would be nice to experience that. Sad because...

The first time I really felt anything near that wasn't ideal in any way imaginable. I'd like to think they may have felt the same way, but I don't know if they ever did. Even now they can't tell me because, according to them, they "block out things" and they "forget things that hurt people". As far as I know they're in a very healthy relationship now, and that hurts quite a bit. Not because they're seeing someone else, because I am really genuinely glad for them, but because I'm quite jealous of them having each other. I still care quite a bit about this person too. For over a year and six months they've caused me to completely change the way I think about everything. Even now, I dislike a song because they like it or I am annoyed when people say "sorry" for anything inconsequential despite the fact that most people do this or I consider most women to be ignorant of their own feelings and the majority of them to be liars simply because this was my first experience in... I guess you can call it a relationship. It's really nothing against this person, it's just my irrationality taking hold. When I first met them, they were wrapped up in someone else. This someone shared a name with a popular diner chain and, simply because of the similarities in names, I resented the diner and refused to eat there. Such a silly thing, but I really dislike that this can happen so easily.

In my reality I don't actually believe those things. I know some people see me as a misogynist, which is fine by me, but I really don't dislike women at all. I think I'd make quite a good husband to tell the truth, but I'm not old enough to know how that would pan out in actuality. A lot of what people do annoys me - both males and females - but since I am a straight guy I care more about the actions of women than of men. I'm not quite sure if I look for things that annoy me or if I'm just an exceptionally critical person naturally. I've always disliked when people lie, but I put a lot more in to that action now because of what my past experience has shown me about that. When teenagers tell me they are in love I can't help but to laugh and doubt because experience dictates to me that they don't know what love is. I'm quite hypocritical in this because I feel I have quite a good idea of what love is and have known for at least a year now, perhaps more. I'm not afraid to say that I love someone, but I won't say it if I don't feel it. I find it silly that people (specifically: teenagers - going off of what I know) use it so easily.

I really, really try and remember everything people say to me, but that doesn't always work out with the people I care for. This past someone I spoke of... I spent many a conversations simply asking them any question that came to mind and yet I can barely remember any of it. Yet I can remember the name of the dog of the guy that I talked to once four years ago. Despite that, I'm quite good at knowing what is going on in MY head and, given the time to talk, I'm fairly capable of figuring out what is in others heads also. I don't say this to boast. I put people that I care for quite high in my mind - I try and remember everything about them, how I feel about them, and why I feel that way. One of my last crushes I had for the better part of three years where I would spend time and joke with them quite often during that time - I just recently spoke with them. They were quite aware of my feelings for them, and I believe she, at least in part, returned the feelings as, on multiple occasions, her friends would make comments like "You're the one that likes...". I spoke to them, and they didn't even remember my name. So, when this latest person tells me that they have forgotten how they felt about me, why they felt that way, why they couldn't share that with me at the time, etc it really hurts me. I have everything about the people I've liked, loved, and cared for memorized as well as I possibly can because I cherish both the good times and bad I've had with them, and people just seem to forget me on a whim and that is what hurts me more than anything.

So, with all this, a lot of what I say is manipulated by my horrible, horrible past experiences with people... with women. It shames me to admit that people so easily cause this to happen to me, but I'm quite glad it does because it makes me feel human. It skews my belief in women, but I quite honestly don't believe all women are this way. It is just perhaps more obvious to me than anything else because I look for it. I believe that maybe there is someone out there that doesn't embody that which I want to strangle with a power cord, but I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever find them. It would be quite nice to feel like somebody cares... somebody that won't forget my name or how they felt about me. Somebody that won't laugh at my feeble attempt at Valentines gifts. Somebody that's willing to take some of the weight from my shoulders just as much as I'm willing to take the weight from theirs. Somebody that cares for me just as much as I want to care for them. Somebody that won't lie to me, that feels they can be completely truthful with me and can tell me anything knowing that I won't judge them. I envy those that have this because I imagine it is quite wonderful.

I wrote this for two reasons, one of which is quite selfish. I wrote this because I want those that believe me to be MgynWil to understand more of my reasoning behind seeming that way. It's not an excuse, I acknowledge that I do indeed act in ways that deserve my being dubbed that - I just hope they can, if not accept it, simply understand it. The other reason I wrote this is because, well, this is the only place I have to dump my ronery stories to where people probably won't read them and probably won't feel sorry for me. In part I'm looking for sympathy and comfort, but knowing full well that I won't get it I'm just looking for an outlet. Hell, just click my name and 99% of my Dear You's are simply outlets for my emotions that have nowhere else to go. So, Pweb, this is me! I'm not fragile, I'm just forgotten. I'd rather be broken than just a lost memory. :(

MgynWil OUT!

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:07 pm

Dear you,

I'm worried about you. I will be up around 8am, as per usual.

Love,
me
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Yebra » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:31 pm

Dear you,

I've experienced Sarah Marshall, you should too!

Dear you,

Brooklyn's GREEAT!

Dear you,

You being in Sex and the City made me happy, it's great to see that you do other things as an actor than be Sorkin's stand in for all that is wrong with Politics/ Writers.

Dear you,

You made a whole show make digs at your ex? That's pretty impressive!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:25 am

You,
It's really bad timing on your part, to talk to me like that. You see, tomorrow is the last day of the school year and my mind has not forgotten this, seeing as it's (hopefully) the second to last hurdle I have to make it through on my lovely road to a truer sense of freedom. In this particular moment, I am angry. I'll likely be depressed again, too, but right now, I could rip your face off.

I can't count the number of pages, the thousands upon thousands of entries I've looked at. I can count the number of places I've gone to for help (4) and they've not been altogether helpful. In between that, I'm taking practice tests to get myself prepared for something that scares the s*** out of me due to the consequences I'd face if I didn't do well and I'm applying for the few jobs I find that I wouldn't commit suicide over if I had to work them. Yep, I'm one of those crazy 'work to live' folks when pushed and 'live to work' when it's something I love.

I'm doing chores around here and exercising with my dad to boot. Yes, yes, I like to read fiction every once in a while and I do watch Scrubs...but I'm hardly sitting on my ass all day doing absolutely nothing.

Please understand, I don't actually want you to leave my dad. It puts more pressure on him that he really doesn't need. And I sort of want to like you, even if you insist on being such a low-down, two-faced bitch. Really, where do you get off talking to the mother of my nieces the way you did? I haven't seen them in a god damn month because of you. So she was being an idiot; she also needed help and if you can't get it from family in a time of need, where the hell can you go?

Back to what I was saying, though...I'm sorry your little friend lost her job for running her mouth. I'm sorry she has a mortgage payment to make. I'm sorry she didn't plan well before she lost her job. I was able to make $800 payments each month for my mom's car and save $400 a month and have some fun and pay bills/rent.

Basically, pack in peace. If you rub me the wrong way tomorrow, I can't promise my mouth will remain shut; my patience is soooo worn down at this point.

-Alea

And you,
You actually started me in this mood, and she ^ had the bad luck to cement it.

What the f***? I'm so very glad you found the court summary of my little incident. I don't need you to send me the f****** link. I was there! I had my ass chewed out by those two cops, by the two district people, by the damn lawyer and judge, by the [don't want to name their titles]. Pretty fresh right now, for reasons mentioned above.

Also, just a little offended that I was the only person there for you consistently throughout high school and college, through your alcohol and drugs, through your bad relationships, and you didn't invite me to something as big as that.

Since I'm being so pissy and petty, don't just sign off on me like that. I swear to god, I'm tempted to never use AIM again.

-Alea

Dear You(s),
I wish I could be there tomorrow, with all that is in me. I'm so proud of all of you and I hope you know how much I love you all. There hasn't been one single day that's gone by that I haven't thought of you.

Love,
Ms. [insert last name]

Dear you,
Tomorrow is going to be hard but try not to sleep the day away to avoid it, okay? If possible, hunt down a hug...because you'll need it and pillows don't squeeze back. Oh, don't forget the tissues. Look at it this way: after this, you only have to make it to either April 2009 or April 2011. Either way, the big reminders are coming fewer and father between.

-Yourself

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:00 pm

Dear You,

Please stop kicking my ribs. It's ouchie.

-mom.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Virlomi » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:50 pm

Dear You, and you, and you... and you... and you...

Oh goodness. I just suck in general, I guess.

Disclaimer: no, I have not turned into an emo whiny-girl. No, I'm not depressed or suicidal, or anything at all. I'm just frustrated, is all. And I feel like I just can't win for trying. Don't mind me.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:56 am

ronery
*snrk* Hey, all of this talk of misogyny, I thought you might like this.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:04 am

ronery
*snrk* Hey, all of this talk of misogyny, I thought you might like this.
Total typo, I swear. How did that slip out?! Totally meant lonely. ;)

Also, I got a good laugh out of that. Thanks for that! :lol:

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Yebra » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:23 pm

Dear you,

I'd like to wake up once in a while without you on my mind. It's not world-shattering anymore, it's just like someone hit a bell a long time ago and it's not really making much of a sound anymore, but I feel those slight vibrations in everything and when there's no other sound I hear that barely audible ringing.

Me

Dear you,

You're a tad melodramatic,

Yourself

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Dear you,

I can't believe that I have to change yet another thing because of you. First it was my favorite perfume and now it's my deodorant. Why did you have to be such a freak and be turned on by the weirdest things? I'm surprised I can still wear birkenstocks. I've used the same deodorant for years and it's very hard for me to find a scent that I like...but now, in the summer when wearing sleeveless shirts, I just SMELL it more. I smell that smell of it mixed with me, that smell that you liked so much and it makes me sick. And I can't do anything about how I smell, so I'm hoping that changing deodorants will fix it. Because being nauseated by yourself is not a good thing. You know, I think part of why I got laser hair removal on my legs was a rebellion against you at the time, since you liked hairy legs (freak!). I wonder if you are still hiding what a freak you are from her or if she knows yet.

- me

ps (not to anyone in particular)- right now I'm making myself so sick that I want to drive to the store and buy a different one so I don't have to smell this one more day. But I really wouldn't be able to explain that to M. so I'll just have to deal. I think I really need to try that EMRD therapy sooner than later.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:45 am

Dear you,

I really don't know what to do right now. It would be so much easier if you would just make up your f****** mind.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:50 am

Dear You,

I just got back from seeing the movie. Where on earth are you? I have this STRONG urge to talk like crazy about it and you're probably sleeping or doing something good for yourself. Mostly I just wanted to let you know that i've seen it now.

<3 Twinny.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Dear you,

It's been less than a month, and I miss you more than I ever thought I would. I really want to talk to you--find out if that conversation was a lie. If it was true, I'm really worried about you. Are you okay? If false, I don't know if I can ever believe anything you say. It made sense, but I don't want it to be the actual explanation. I'm sorry I haven't made it easy for us to talk since then. I am the queen of missed opportunities. I want to really talk with you when you come home. I hope I have the guts to make it happen. I'm sorry I'm such an idiot.

-Your friend

Dear heart (or whatever body part makes these calls),

Would you please make a decision and stick with it? I'm really sick and tired of changing how I feel about him every 10 days.

-Me

Dear You,

Would you stop being an emo teenager?

Thanks,
Yourself
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:22 pm

Dear You,

July is super-hectic and I'll be in Boston nearly every weekend. We should get together before then.

-Me
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:44 pm

Dear You,
YAY! There will be talking soon, promise. I should be on tonight, taking advantage while I still can, but not until 10ish.

<3 Twinny

Dear yous,
I'm losing my internet soon. For as long as it takes for me to either be in a position to pay for it here or move out (not that I'd move out for the internet alone...).

That means that you friends of mine will have to start calling me again, and more importantly, I'll have to start answering again. Everyone else is lucky enough to not have a reliable way to reach me; awesome, right?

I'll have the lovely little "lab" so I won't be completely cut off but it was just a few weeks ago that I had to use it, so I remember all too well how frustrating that was and how little I want to add frustration into my routine.

Just thought I'd tell you...or something.

*sigh*

-P_G/G D/Alea/[insert title for more creative minds]

PS I guess you get what you want.

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Virlomi » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:21 pm

Dear You,

Yes please. Maybe this weekend?

J

Dear You,

I will call if you will answer. Deal? I miss you.

J

Dear You and you,

I know it's kind of bizarre... but I kind miss the days when I could open this thread, see your names posted, and know that there would be something tucked away there for me. Even when they were bad... I knew there would be something there. It's kind of silly, I know.

J

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Virlomi » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:38 am

Dear You and You,

I just need to get it out there that I'm really disappointed that it's been this long and neither of you has bothered to tell me. I know that we don't really talk anymore, but if nothing else, it would be respectful of our history, and a courtesy I guess I just sort of expected from both or either of you. I know it's one I would give you both. It's not a big deal, I guess, and it's completely your prerogative who you choose to share that with. I guess I'm just surprised. The only part that actually genuinely hurts is that the only way I can interpret it after all of this time is that you don't know me well enough to know how I would react. If either of you honestly think that my reaction would be anything other than celebrating with you and wishing you both well, then maybe neither of you ever knew me that well in the first place. And that makes me sad.

I guess I'm just confused by the way you've been handling this It seems to me that when two people make that kind of life choice they should want to scream it from the metaphorical rooftops, they should be giddy with joy and hope and potential, and they should want everyone in their lives to celebrate it right along with them. I just can't comprehend actively seeking to make it this big, hushed up, secretive thing. I mean, one, do you really think people are stupid? and two, why WOULDN'T you want them to know, if this is what you've chosen for the rest of your life? I guess I just don't understand that frame of mind. Most of all, I don't understand why you would feel the need to lump me in with the rest of outside acquaintance. I mean, if nothing else, I more or less introduced you. It just saddens me to think that you really think me capable of shaming you or berating you or whatever else you seem to think I would do with that kind of news. No matter WHAT the circumstances, that announcement is ALWAYS a happy, joyful thing. Always. I can't believe you would think me capable of anything else. Oh well.

Like I said, it's really not the end of the world, I suppose, and life will go on. I was just thinking about it again today and I just needed to put it out there into the void that I'm sad about that.

Congratulations anyway, I guess. I wish nothing but the best for both of you. May you be truly, truly happy.

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Yebra » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:32 pm

Dear you,

It was lovely to hear you say that, but it was somewhat tainted by the fact that I was asleep and you were a figment of my imagination.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:05 pm

Dear You,

You could always come talk to me. I never wanted to lose contact.
The password is "guilty"

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Yebra » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Dear you,

Good god, I hope that wasn't to me. I mean using an obscure persona on a small internet forum should be enough to shelter me from that kind of problem but my paranoia knows no bounds.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:41 am

It seems fairly obvious to me that that post is directed at the one two above it.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Yebra » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:45 am

Pfft, rationally that might be true, but paranoia is rarely rational.

Unless they really are out to get you.

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:01 am

Dear You,

Stop it, stop it, stop it. Stop being amazing. Stop being horribly attractive. It takes so much effort to just be your friend. I don't want to constantly find myself hoping you'll change your mind. I just want to have a friend.

Dammit.

I need to find another girl for that part of my brain to fixate on. This is unbearable.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Return to “Milagre Town Square”