Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:42 am

Dear You,

You're right. I do get frustrated. Perhaps unjustifiably so, though our boss doesn't think so.

And you're right, I did leave you a message that was cold, and perhaps that was rude.

But if you want to talk to me about 'tone', you need to take a look in the f****** mirror.

I get frustrated. I get pissed. Just like you or anyone else on this planet. I have justification for feeling that way and reacting how I do. I do not yell, scream, curse, or even so much as raise my voice.

I did not curse you out. I did not yell at you, call you names, or say anything remotely derrogatory. I said exactly what I meant to say, no more, no less. I do not care if you want to micro-manage my shift. Hell, you can have full control of everything all the way through till 11pm for all I care. All I care about is that you let me know what you're doing. I just want to know what's going on, that's all. If I don't know what's going on, then I get a call from my boss telling me that I need to stay in closer contact with everyone and I'm expected to know better what is going on. I don't like those phone calls. I want to avoid them. For that reason, and that reason alone, I get very frustrated when you go changing things on my shift without telling me what's going on.'

Quite honestly, as far as I'm concerned I should be a part of the decision making process that's going on here; but I'm through arguing over that.

If this goes any farther, with me fielding s*** for my 'tone' when you called me yelling and cursing at the top of your f****** lungs, I'm going to lose it.
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:45 am

Dear You,

If you're going to cancel ALL our meetings from here on out, some notice would be nice. I could be cuddling with my boyfriend right now.

Your Annoyed GTA
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:09 pm

Dear You,

After reading your posts over the past year, it's so good to see you happy. I wish I knew you better.

JL
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:26 pm

Dear Yous,

You want me. You know you want me. I'm unique. I'm special. I'm going to be a good fit and fun to work with. I'm smart. I'm approachable. I'm awesome. I've got a great background. I've worked in a hospital setting. My supervisors love me. I wrote a CUTE autobiography essay.

Please. Give me a chance. Offer me an interview. One of you. Please. I beg you. Let me know.

One of Hundreds of Applicants
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Please, dear God, let me get an offer before I start getting rejections. Please. Just one. Or two. Or five. Please.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:35 pm

Dear You,

What the hell?! You tell me about a job offer. I exchange a few emails with the guy, then never hear back from him. You talk to him about the fact that he hasn't emailed me back, and somehow interpret the conversation as, "Well, obviously, Chris doesn't want the job, so I'll tell some other friend about it," rather than, "Maybe I should mention it to Chris that this guy thinks Chris is the one not returning his emails." What the hell? You know I wanted that job. I mentioned it several thousand times, I believe. From what I can gather, I mentioned it after you had this conversation, and you said nothing. What did I do to you to deserve that amount of disrespect?

- Not Happy
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:22 pm

Dear You,

Wow.

-- Impressed as all hell
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

RandomMaker
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Not Alvin or Calvin

Postby RandomMaker » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:49 pm

Dear Y'all,
Why? Please, I've been working so hard at this. I understand that you don't like going over them, but at the same time, I hear you guys blowing off your own work. And yes, you are busy. I know, I am too. But I'm really care about this. Can't I have one exciting thing if you're going to bog everything else down?
I'm sorry. I wish I weren't such an irritating jerk. I wish you guys enjoyed it too. I don't know what to do.
I'm so sorry. I'll try harder.

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wind Swept » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:16 pm

Dear You,

Kindly remove yourself from my dreams. Why couldn't you have just said, "No?" Not this, "Yes! Oh, wait, you're in Moorhead... Maybe later?" crap.

... Crap, crap, crap. Be less amazing. And stop liking me. Crap.

- Me

Dear You,

You are broken. Broken, I tell you!

Why does no one else see it?

- A Disenchanted Student

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:30 pm

Dear you,
One of these days, I'm going to bite the bullet and tell you what I really think of all this.
-No clue because they'd all make it too obvious

Dear you,
If you're still lurking, how 'bout that call?
-Alea

Dear you,
I replaced my cell phone, so you can call this weekend if you want. But be forewarned: I'm growing tired of trying to sustain relationships with Pwebbers who have no real interest, so if you're serious, call and if you're not, just don't bother. LJ got the momentary kiss off, Pweb and my phone can go that way, too.
-Mexican
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Virlomi » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:25 am

Dear y'all,

hi.

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:57 am

*waves!*
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:50 pm

Dear you,

You live? Crazy.

~me
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:34 pm

Dear You,

Look, buddy. We've been friends 4 years now. This has never happened before. You are making me crazy. Well, you making me crazy has happened plenty of times. What's new is that your f****** Axis II and my own neuroses have collided to the degree that I think we're not speaking.

How f****** UP is that?

I will not take responsibility for being the bad friend anymore. When I try to be a good friend, I get shot down and then you make it my fault for being a bad friend.

Well, you know what? The phone works both ways. We'd planned for Sunday. You could've called instead of acting so startled and wounded that I called late.

f*** you, anyways.

Whatever.

Yeah, we need to talk. I won't be this bitchy in person, I swear.

Me
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wind Swept » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:51 pm

Dear Pweb,

Happy Holidays, and all that jazz.

- That One Guy

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:56 pm

Dear you,

I hate that I had to give up the perfume I used for years because of you. It was inexpensive and wonderful and I adored it and I don't think I'll ever find a replacement that I love as much. But you ruined it. You made everything (and I do mean everything) sexual and, in turn, dirty. And now the smell makes me nauseated. Like my own body does at times. Like so many things do. How could you have caused so much devastation and yet walked away with my two best friends on your side? And gotten one of them to marry you? The injustice of it all makes it hard to breathe.

-me
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:29 am

Dear You,

It's getting cold again. I hope you're okay. I remember you and your green sleeping bag, which never seemed enough against the cold. You were always courteous and pleasant, and never turned away offers of food when I had no money on me. Please be careful this winter. I hope you're okay.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Janus%TheDoorman
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Original Two-Face

Postby Janus%TheDoorman » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:15 pm

Dear You,

You're interesting, that's for sure. A little hard to gauge, but that'll come with time. I wish you wouldn't agree with me so much, though.
"But at any rate, the point is that God is what nobody admits to being, and everybody really is."
-Alan Watts

Nova
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nova » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:48 pm

Dear you,

over 2 months later i still get really upset sometimes that you didnt tell me. that was a huge change in your life, and as your sister, i feel like you should have told me. so many people knew before me...so many random people that you would never tell. i wouldn't even have minded if you had katie tell me! i mean, it'd be better than finding out on a facebook note! i feel like that really hurt our friendship.

oh yeah, and i only friended robby so that i could check his relationship status so i'd know if you started dating, because i knew you wouldnt tell me.
the opposite of war isn't peace...it's creation.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:32 pm

Dear You,

You are SUCH A PAIN. Go to bed already!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:43 am

Dear You,

If you ever give me another night like that, you s***-head, I will bury you. I will call a BA no matter what time of night it is and your face will hit the floor so fast and I will laugh. I am so sick and tired of you, and I WILL NOT put up with dangerous tantrums like that. a******.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:15 pm

Dear You,

Okay, look. You are the one close friend I have in the department now. I am going through hell with this internship stuff. I cannot have you not talking to me right now. Quite seriously. Thus far, this is the single worst week of -- maybe not my life, but of the past several years. This is when I f****** need my friends not to be playing bullshit passive aggressive games with me. Could you ONCE set aside your own f****** self-absorbed (yeah, I know, I'M supposedly the self-absorbed one) agenda and ACT NORMAL? ACT LIKE YOU KNOW ME? Maybe, you know, saying hello and goodbye and how's it going?

Your officemate and supposed friend
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:28 pm

Dear You,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

You happen to be the site I've wanted from the very beginning. Oh god. I don't know what I would have done if you'd rejected me today. Ohmygod. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I'll be the best intern. Please. Please. Choose me. You're SUCH the perfect place to continue the training I've started.

In the words of Anne Shirley (who has been helping me cope today), "I'll try to do and be anything you want me, if you'll only keep me."

Why do you have to be the one site that does group format interviews, though?

Not that I'm complaining! It's just -- well-- no. Nevermind. I can handle this. Please. Please.

Your Humble Applicant
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:36 pm

Dear you,

Yaaaay!!!

*tosses jellybeans in the air*

Nehali Sophia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nehali Sophia » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:18 pm

In the words of Anne Shirley (who has been helping me cope today), "I'll try to do and be anything you want me, if you'll only keep me."
You quoted Anne of Green Gables! You deserve whatever you want! I hope this particular interview works out for you.
The wonder that keeps the stars apart

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:10 pm

*munches jellybeans*

Thanks. I just reread it yesterday. I'd forgotten how funny it is. The humor strikes you more the older you are, I think.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:36 pm

Dear you(s),
If I were to say 'I miss you,' or any variation thereof, I would be lying through my teeth. The fact of the matter is, at this point, you've been out of my life longer than you were ever in it and the only thing there is for me to miss is the memory of how things used to be. I don't know who you are anymore. You sure as hell don't know who I've become. And I don't really tolerate fake relationships, as you should remember - that part of me hasn't changed.

To hell with friendships of convenience.

Alea/Lea

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:59 am

Dear you,

Sorry I missed your IM last night. My computer is acting really funny. I wish I'd gotten it, though. It's been a really long time since we talked. I miss you.

--Kim
-Kim

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:02 am

Dear You,

I miss you, and not just because I have a semi-crush on you that needs to be kept in the corner for multiple obvious reasons. You ought to be picking up your phone, because I'm worried and my roommate is worried and we need you to confirm plans and stuff.

If the elephant in the corner would fly to Florida, however, I would appreciate it.
The password is "guilty"

RandomMaker
Soldier
Soldier

Postby RandomMaker » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:14 pm

Dear You,
Please, please, please, respond!
The deadlines are getting closer, I'm getting nervous, and I don't have a backup.
Thanks,
Only Sort of Really Worried

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:19 am

Dear yous,
Merry Christmas! :)

Peters_Girl/Alea

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:35 am

Dear You,

Thank you so much for including me in your generic holiday mass-text. Really. Knowing that you took a fraction of a second to add my name to the endless roster of friends and ex-girlfriends you refuse (on stated principle) to delete from your phone really makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I mean, a blanket, widely-distributed text message from you is the first communication we've had in 252 days, when I foolishly called you to wish you a happy birthday. Not to mention we haven't seen each other in 325 days, since you walked out on me in a restaurant because you loved me "so much" and it "killed [you] to hurt [me]." So getting this text from you this morning just illuminated all of the mind-numbingly unique qualities you possess; I admit, I'm apt to romanticize your disposition in your absence. Thanks for the reminder that you are, in actuality, a complete and total s***. Had you taken a minute and a half to send me a separate text message or, hell, even a mass-text that wasn't SO BLATANTLY a mass-text, I'd probably be full to brimming with love and forgiveness for you right now. I'd probably have cried, even. But gone are the days when I'll volley for a scrap of your rancid affections. Let the girls you've f****** and forgotten fight that battle. Either man the f*** up or leave me alone. You always were a class act.

And thanks for making my decision of whether or not to call you today easy.

Merry Christmas, honey. May 2008 be the year that you sort your f****** life out.

Love (yes, still),
Kel

Dear You (all),

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love,
Val
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:35 pm

Dear Y'all,

Happy holidays!

-B.D.M
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:29 pm

Dear You,

I know I said I wouldn't post another one, but this one is going to be okay, I swear!

I read and finished the entire Harry Potter series. Great series. I kind of feel like I read it for you. As I was reading it I noticed that you type/write in the same way JKR writes and it made me smile. The last book made me cry a little bit. I just wanted to tell you this, I don't know why.

Have fun with the new laptop. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

Wil

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:32 am

Dear you,
I'm curious; would you actually talk to me on IM? Because I see you on right now and I'm so very tempted to try, but you scare me a little.

Peters_Girl

Dear you,
I'm scared over you coming here next week. I wish I knew why.

Alea

Dear you,
I hate this. I dislike you. There is a part of me that needs you so much it hurts and I hate that it is you. You came up today in a conversation I had with my little brother. I found something from you in my room. I miss the...I don't know what, exactly. I just really need you and you're nowhere to be found. There is so much going on that I can't and won't post about because I don't want to give that jerk anything else to say about me. And there is no one to tell. No one I would want to drag into the mess, anyhow. I'm just rambling now...but it's comforting in a way.

Alea

Dear you and you,
WHY can't we just be friends and click the way I want us to? ARGH.

Alea

RandomMaker
Soldier
Soldier

Postby RandomMaker » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:47 pm

Dear You,
I should have known you would have it under control.
Sorry for all of the worrying.
-Me

Dear You,
Do work. Do it. Now! Now, you fool!
Yours truly,
Yourself

Return to “Milagre Town Square”