Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:47 pm

Dear You,

I'd like to wish one of those were to me, but since you told me to stop thinking everything you write is to me I'll just assume none of them are.

At first I thought the top one, but unless you forgot how to count (10m10d, not 8), then it couldn't be. The last line, about the friends, also doesn't fit as you don't know how I am with friends.

Couldn't be the second. Maybe the third... but what a horrible downgrade from one. The last is obviously to yourself. Obviously. Or maybe not so obviously. Likely, then.

I'll just go on assuming none of them are, just to be safe, so I don't look like a fool... or they are to me and I am a fool anyways. Rock, meet hard place.

In any case, it sounds as if you are... growing. I hope this is the case. Have a good and happy weekend.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:46 am

Dear caretgraff,

What is your avatar? I mean, besides the obvious quote. I'm not sure if it's just the quote on an image in an interesting way, or if it's a picture of something that the quote was written on.... or something.

And has anyone welcomed you to Pweb yet? If not, welcome! Have some limeade, courtesy of the Canadian Alliance.

-me
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:31 am

Dear You,

Sorry I missed you. I'd *just* put my computer aside and went to bed. I wasn't ignoring you, honest!

-- Oops.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:19 am

Dear you,
In the spirit of marking the occasion, I give you FOB lyrics:

Stop burning bridges
And drive off of them
So I can forget about you.

You have no idea why the hurt you caused me is so lasting in its effects and I have no one to tell, because I've played it off for so long as a joke and something that meant very little to me. I despise people like you, people who are so malicious and don't even realize it.

You have made me fear this thing that must be done, made me angry at myself for being able to put a check in that box, for needing to explain to some stranger what that information really means.

So help me, if I cry in front of that stranger, I will throw every ounce of hope and desperation into believing that karma exists so that you may feel even a tiny bit of what I felt at your hands.

-The invisible one
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Totoro To-to-ro

Postby shadow-petra » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:31 pm

Dear you,

Just get off our backs about it. You are, there's not denying it. And threatening to bring the principal into this just proves that you are one. I've got a million other problems than yours, so don't make such a big deal out of it.

-me

caretgraff
Launchie
Launchie

Postby caretgraff » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:19 pm

Dear zeroguy,
Isn't it cool? I totally didn't make it. I'm not that artistically inclined... I stole it from someone on Livejournal... it's credited in my livejournal, but not here. If you'd like the link, I'll find it for you. :) But I think it's just supposed to be a sort of collage.

I have been welcomed, sneakily, via private messages, but thank you kindly for the sweet and sour beverage. I will add a cherry and enjoy, the Texan way! With a hokey accent and some sort of fried food. Did you know Texan children don't celebrate Columbus Day? No... here it is "Fair Day". Our state fair is bigger than Columbus! At work, I actually had two fifth grade boys tell me they didn't even know who Columbus was...

I read that there was a thing with Canadian Limeades... or Canadian limes... or limeades and also Canada, but I must not have read very well, because none of it stuck. I'm going to go and look it up again and pray for insight.

And sorry- I know this is abusing the "Dear You" thread... but... well, no. No "but"s. I know it is and I'm doing it anyway. It makes me wince, but only a little. :)

-caret

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:46 pm

Dear You,

I was laying in bed just thinking. Thinking about what I was going to be doing over the next month... and then I realized today was coming up! Oh, I was planning on just sending a card. Just to do what you couldn't do.. man up and give someone a proper birthday gift. After all, it IS the day someone was brought into existence. After all, it IS your day. A day to celebrate your being alive. So, just a card considering you completely refuse to talk to me because apparently I ripped out your soul or something.

So, laying in bed my plan was to get you a card. A nice sweet 16 card. I even considered putting a note on a five, saying how I would totally pay to talk with you (remember that?), and then 10 for losing the bet to myself. Simple.. effective. But, then I had this really brilliant thought.. or so I thought. "Hey!", I thought, "that might work great!". So, I immediately jump out of bed and search the interwebs in all their glory for what was bound to be available. Oh yes, a great idea it was indeed. I figured you liked them well enough... and it was crazy enough where it might just not be a repeat. Awesome. I spend the next day at school considering it.. looking at my options... calling them up and making sure I can get them before it's too late to mail it off again. Woo, it might just work!

So, I go to order. I was only going to get one, but then I had ANOTHER great thought! A really amazing one! So I bought two. They weren't that expensive. Noo, not at all. More than the three dollars I was going to spend on the card, less than the 15 I was going to put in the card (not much less). Now, how to get it sent here and shipped off without anyone noticing my strange behavior. Lucky me! A weekend by myself! I run out and buy a card. A very nice card too. And a bag. And a nice little box! I find a box in my closet, and we just happened to have a box full of those packing peanuts too! So awesome. All going together great! I hide them under my desk and wait for the true gift to arrive.

Then the day comes. A mere two weeks after I order... nice. All going to plan. I pull them out.. and wow. They look great. Even better than I thought they would be. I slide one on.. and yes! It fits over my hand and on my wrist! Now I know they'll fit on yours and it won't be too small! I wait for night to fall... and a place them carefully in the box. I tie a nice little ribbon around the box, use the scissors to make the ribbon curly, wrap that in tissue paper, set that in the bag, and then put more tissue paper on top. I sit back and admire my work. Looks great. No way you won't like this.

I sign the card and the envelope, though I do regret not making it more fancy. I was never good at signing and penning a nice card. It'll work, though, I think. I put the nice bag and card in the box, peanut the entire thing, and then tape the hell out of it. I quadruple check the addresses making sure this won't get lost. I realize it's two weeks before your birthday, but I figure it's fine. Better to get it off now to make sure you get it in time. I hide it in the car to be sent via USPS the next day.

I arrive at the fancy auto-postal machine. Four dollars to send it to 77845 via priority mail. An extra dollar for delivery confirmation. Print label. Down the package roller cage. I keep the delivery confirmation up for several days.. and it arrives! Ohh, great arrival. Only about a week and a half early.

Time passes. More time passes. I assume you received it. I assume it's okay. I assume everything is there. I don't like assuming things anymore, but this is all I can do in this case. Your birthday arrives! Surly if she hasn't opened it before, she'll open it now. It comes.. it goes.. you go. Not a word. Not a SINGLE word. Not even so much as a "kthx". Not even just a little away message hinting at the possible receiving of said gift. How awesome. It's everything I'd hoped it wouldn't be. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect a grand "Wow thanks so much you're wonderful, Wil!". Oh no, that's far too much to be expected. Infact, I didn't even expect anything. Sad, yes, but it's what I've learned you do. It's just double disappointing that you did not man up and say anything.

I really don't even care. I tell myself this because I actually really do care. I care a lot that you don't even have the f****** decency to tell me anything. Don't like them? Fine. Destroy them. Send them back. Just tell me. Let me know it got there. Let me know you appreciate the thought. Let me know that I didn't waste my time and money. Growing up, you say, but as an ass. Or maybe that's just another lie. I don't care. My thought wasn't selfish. My thought wasn't to try and make you start talking to me again. My entire thought in this was "She's such a wonderful person, she deserves a nice little gift. More than a card. I think I can manage this, and I hope she likes them."

My entire thought behind one of them was "Maybe she can wear this and people will know that you've read that book!". Maybe. But.. no. I don't know what has become of my great idea. I honestly don't think it was that great of any idea anymore because all it did was disappoint me. All it did was make me despise that part of your personality even more. All it did was make me regret even thinking about trying to be nice to you. I'm not mean because I'm a mean person, I'm mean because it's all I have left with you. You've sucked every ounce of my good self towards you out of me.

All I was hoping for today was for me to tell you happy birthday, and for you to say thanks for the wonderful thoughtful gift. But you couldn't even give me that. All you did was make me feel horrible for trying. I did not know it was POSSIBLE to regret giving a gift to such a wonderful person... so much for that.

Oh, and in case you random bystandards were curious as to what my gift was.. have a look at it in all it's regretful glory:

Oh wow, lookie there. In case that meaning was lost, that's even the rough colors of the dragon army! Wow! So much thought into this gift!

Hmm. I will likely regret posting the fourth one because this dear you just became slightly less anon. Oh well, people who know already know. People who didn't know don't care.

I hope you had a wonderfully delightfully eventful birthday filled with many laughs and s***** and giggles.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:55 pm

Dear Wil,

Sorry about all the bad stuff and all but I think I speak for most of us when I say OMGWHEREDIDYOUGETTHOSE.

-me
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:58 am

Hallo "U,"

While I appreciate that you think I'm "beutifull" and the sentiment expressed when you wrote: "love u sweety," I am not interested in having a "nice and unforgatble relationship" with you at this time. "Plz" forgive my callousness, but the heart is instinctual. With a few short sentences, you have doused the fires that might have burned between us. I wish you luck in your pursuit of that "unforgatble" love.

Your unrequited MySpace Love
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:48 pm

Dear You,

Thank you for making me laugh until it hurt. Obviously, unrequited love is not always a bad thing.

-Me
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadow-petra » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:47 pm

Dear You,

Oh my God! You are the most amazing person ever!! Seriously, you won't be forgotten for as long as I live. This means so much to me. Literally, I owe you my future for this. I haven't actually been practicing, but if you really pull these strings, I don't know how I will be able to repay you. thank you so much!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:01 am

Dear You,

I woke up this morning, just in time to catch the sunrise. It was lovely, full of tiny little pink clouds with gilded edges, and a gentle breeze of just the right temperature blowing in my window.

Despite what I told you last night, I don't hate all mornings. Some of them are just right.

-- Peaceful
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:16 am

Dear You,

I know you think you're sly, but I know who you are.

--Cam

Dear You,

I hate you. I wish I had never met you.

I wish any of that could be remotely true.
but in reality I just wish I didn't miss you.

--Camy

Dear You,

You are one of, if not the, closest friend I have. I hope you know this. I know you most certainly don't realize how much you do mean to me being that friend, but you do regardless. I just wish it wasn't always so difficult to see you :-p

--Cam
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:24 pm

Dear you,

I had a dream that you died. You were in a car accident, trying to turn left onto the highway and someone rammed into you. It was all so real. I woke up with tears streaming down my cheeks. It was only after I got in the shower that I realized it was a dream. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day.

I wondered if maybe it was the combination of talking to you yesterday and thinking about death all the time. Even if there is a rational explanation, it was freaky.

Love,
Me

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:36 am

Dear you,
I just wanted to say I've really enjoyed this so far, and please excuse any and all social awkwardness; I'm a bit rusty but you're helping me get over that. And really, you're just an overall awesome person who keeps revealing these little nuggets of interesting experiences. Rest assured, I shall get more out of you yet. :)

-She who uses the Force in retail

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:32 am

Dear you,

As stupid as it is, I'm still waiting for that phone call.

-Kel

Dear you,

In the dream last night, you had that hat on. The one your grandmother gave you. We made out in the snow and got stung by a lot of bees. I miss you. When are you coming back? (Notice how I said when, not if).

love,
Kel

Dear you,

I'm jealous. It sucks.

-Kel
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadow-petra » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:39 pm

Dear you,

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS. I'm not taking this anymore. You can't just get rid of the superlatives you don't like!! The weird ones are the ones that make winning a superlative special! You're going to be bombarded with seniors when word gets out. You cannot control this club. It's supposed to be student run. We call the shots when it comes to the content of the pages, you only say whether it's okay or not. Since all but one superlative in question has been apart of the yearbook for a decade, I think it's safe to say they're okay. You need to figure out what you should and should not do. You're just creating more work for Amy and I, and a bigger migrane for yourself

-me

Dear you all,

So excited for Saturday!!! We need a bonding trip=)

-wo

Dear you,

I'm sorry that happened. Some things just can't be controlled. I hope it won't affect you for too long.

-me

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:18 pm

Dear you,

Things can only get better.

Me

Dear you,

Very classy move, very classy.

Me

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Just Another Chris

Postby Olhado_ » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:19 pm

Dear you,

Get off this site and finish your homework that is do tomorrow.

me

Amka
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Site Admin

Postby Amka » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:18 pm

Dear Grandma,

You are my hero.

One of my earliest memories of you is heavy with familiarity and love. It was hardly my first experience with you. Mundane and practical, you told me not to bite my lips and then you put an unpleasant smelling but healing salve on them. My sister and I were staying at your house.

Always, always the homemade ice cream was a centerpiece for family togetherness. For years, you had an ice cream maker that you turned by hand. Finally, I think when you were about 70, you got an electric one. I remember you showing me how to make it, a couple of times. But I was too young to put it to practical use, so though I remember the time spent together I don't remember the lesson, except this: the work of your own hands to feed and care for family becomes the family's greatest treasure.

Many of my cousins went there on Sunday to have ice cream, but we often didn't. The reasons why are the same reasons why you are more of the example of womanhood I follow than my mom. She is a great woman, but our struggles are different and it is your life that more reflects my reality than hers.

Homemade wheat bread, using flour you ground yourself was a staple. When I lived with you, I often had it for breakfast, smothered in peanut butter and honey. Nothing has ever quite tasted the same, without the formica table and doilies, the pot of oatmeal (that is now my breakfast every day, like it was yours), the bowl of eggs, grandpa's pontificating on the virtues of cayenne pepper and your patience or, sometimes, impatience with him.

And last of the edible delights, but not least: you remembered all of us on Christmas with homemade candy. Cordial cherries and other dipped chocolates, toffee, peanut brittle, fudge, and butter mints (that you also made for many of our weddings). That which you didn't send in carefully wrapped packages was in jars and bowls around the house for family and friends to snitch.

You kept your garden until two years ago. You always had roses and lilacs in the front. You always had tomatoes, corn, peppers, peas and beans in the back, planted every year along with the raspberry bushes, grape vines, peach trees that flourished under your care and grandpa's labor.

Your house was filled with books and National Geographics. I read all of the Anne of Green Gables books at your house, and many others that I found around your house. I have borrowed some over the years, and there are a couple I have forgotten to return. I hope you'll forgive me if I keep them now. There were always one or two by your chair in the living room, a lamp over it to make the reading easier. I remember recommending a book, and you reading it and then we talked about it. You were 86. You went to the library until you couldn't see enough to read. You never stopped learning.

We all knew you were in pain. You were in pain all of your life, with your stomach gone and your bones disintigrating, your joints bothering you before age had a right to do that to you. But you never complained. You made other people the center of your attention. You used your experiences to bolster other people up.

They told me this week that you were asked once which of all your grandchildren looked the most like you, and it was me. I hope I live up to that inheritance. I hope that if my family looks at me to see you, it will be more than my face that reflects the great woman you were.

You are my hero, Grandma. I love you.

Ami

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:41 pm

Yes, You:

"Well my heart knows me better than I know myself
So I'm gonna let it do all the talking."

I've had this song since it first came out. I've listened to it many times. But today, specifically today, I was listening to it in the car and I heard those two lines. Those two very important lines. They seemed to make a world of sense to me.. they just fit. They fit into what I've been experiencing.

The heart knows you better than you know yourself. Such a simple concept. The heart works in completes. The heart feels love in it's most simplest form. It does not complicate things. It does not make you second guess what you feel. If we let it talk then life would be so much simpler.

Instead, in this world, we let our rational over-complicating minds speak for us. We feel love, but we lie to protect whatever it is that we believe needs to be protected. We feel love, but we make up the beliefs that it can't be, can't happen, won't happen for whatever reason.

I love you, but I believe I do not deserve you. I love you, but I do not believe it can ever happen. I love you, but I want you to hate me because I do not deserve you and it can never happen. I love you, but I want you to forget me. I love you, but you know me so well and that scares me so I do not want you to love me. I love you, but but but but.

Quite honestly, to those thoughts, I say this: f*** you. The world is horrible enough without people trying to think they know what is and isn't good for them and those around them. What's good for people is to be happy, even if that happiness is only temporary. "It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all."

If you, yes YOU who causes me so much pain, can answer me and give me ONE /GOOD/ reason as to why you believe it is better to push away so hard.. to try so hard to get me to hate you.. in turn causing you pain as well... than it is to have talked and been truthful and enjoy the last few painful months. Than it is to feel happy for even awhile, then I will forget you. I will act like you never existed. I will continue on with my already far-too-s***** life without you. That is now all I ask. One reason why you believe causing pain is better for anyone then I will truly be finished.

Until then, I will still be here. I will NOT stop feeling for you. I will NOT hate you. I will hate your actions. I will hate your warped sense of self sacrifice. I will NOT hate you. I will never forget you. I will never stop feeling for you. If you know anything about me then you know I'm telling the truth here.

(Oh, and not doing anything about my gift, STILL, a week later, is just being a huge enormous a******. No matter how much you hate me, or you are trying to make me hate you, it is NOT okay in ANY SENSE OF ANY WARPED PLACE IN ANY MIND to not give gratitude to someone who is trying so damn hard to make the best out of this situation. Seriously, use that brain I know you have and start making some logical decisions with it starting with the good-natured giving thanks for getting gifts ideal.)

Borommakot_15
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Borommakot_15 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:37 pm

Dear You,

You are one of the only people who help heal my heart, just by being around. Thank you for spending the day with me.

-Danny

Dear You,

Remember when you said to me "I hope you get cancer!", and I replied "I do have cancer.." Remember how much that hurt? Huh? Do you? It hurt me, too... just know... I forgive you.

-Danny

Dear You,

Why don't you seem to understand... being happy is not something that you just DO? It is not a switch that you can flip. You want to help me be happy, stop pissing me off.

-Dan

Dear You,

When we talked, I had hoped that we might stay in touch, this time. But, it looks like that is not happening.

-Dan

Dear You,

Thank you for all of your messages, emails, and phone calls. I will try to get updates to anyone who wants them, and try not to bother the rest of you with my sad stories and the like.

-Borommakot_15
PWeb 2.0 Join Date:
October 19 2002, 08:01

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:13 am

Dear You,
According to a friend -and I did a test with the link I bookmarked as well- the site on which I was to find this Doctor seems to be down. As in, it was taken down. Maybe I got the wrong URL? I'm really disappointed and mostly convinced it's down simply because I wanted to use it later. Puh-lease tell me I'm wrong about this.

-Disappointed

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:31 pm

Dear you,

Get closer or back off. I'm tired of you playing games with everyone.

-me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

anonshadow
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby anonshadow » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:31 am

Dear you,

Stop hiding in stairwells from me.

Me

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:58 pm

Dear You,

If you argue with me assuming that the only reason I'm bringing something up is because I have a need to be right, you miss the possibility that 1) it's an important issue, and 2) that maybe, just maybe, I actually am right.

I have not been scolded like that since I was in the fourth grade, and then only by a really bad, ineffective teacher.

Not so dissimilar to you, come to think of it.

You are, in fact, evil. You have lost what tiny smidgeon of respect I used to have for you.

Your Angry, Hurt, Upset, and Righteously Indignant GTA
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:34 pm

Dear You,

When you commit an action, you might say, and you might think that you do it out of the kindness of your heart so you can try and fix things; take a deeper look. You know that what you did wasn't just to be nice to me. It was to elicit a response. That's what you wanted from me. Something, anything to say that I still think about you in the same way. So I am giving you a response. Finally, I guess you might say. But, I don't think about you in the same way. When I see that you've left me something else to read, I think, "now what does he want to do to try and hurt me?" Who are you nowadays? I don't know who you've become. Or maybe you haven't changed, maybe it's me. Either way, we aren't who we used to be, so let me be free. You can argue that I still read what you leave for me, but I believe that one of the greatest gifts someone could give to me is their writing. So, although you do not write what I like to read, it is still important to me that something has been written to me.

Please don't think I'm angry or upset or sad or anything. It's just.. if you care, why would you do this to me? I can't deal with it all right now. I type this as I listen to Pachelbel's Canon in D Major, that's the tone of my writing. Please don't misinterpret. I'm not trying to do anything but explain.

Always,
me

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby daPyr0x » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:39 pm

Dear You,

I hope you know what Friday is. I hope you have the courtesy and respect to make me aware of the fact that you know what it is, and the importance of that date. I hope it wasn't a waste.

--Cam

Dear You,

With how many times we've(I've) made plans that you've cancelled, I hope sometime soon you put a little effort in. I know it has absolutely nothing to do with me. I know you just want to spend as much time with your boyfriend as is humanly possible. I know that I may actually cause some tension there. And I know that both of those cut in on the time we might be able to hang out. But I'm tired of cancelling. I'm the one who drives for 45 minutes to see you. I'm the one who pays for the gas while we drive around, letting you learn to drive stick on my car. I'm the one who vouches for a late night snack while we chat. I think at the very least you can be the one who shows some interest in spending time with me.

To be totally honest, I feel the closest to you out of anyone. Perhaps that's sad, because that includes my family, and people I see more often, but it's true. I'm aware that that's not exactly mutual, and that's fine, it's nothing remotely like that. I just...I feel very disconnected from everyone except you....except when it's been 3(?) weeks since I've seen you because you keep cancelling on me to see your boyfriend.

But such is life I guess. I do hope sometime soon I see you, or even talk to you; but I'm not holding my breath.

--Cam

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:48 am

Dear You,

I'm very pleased at how you noted that I was in the top 10% of similiarly trained students with regards to my clinical skills. However, you forgot to mention that there were only nine students in my fieldwork class, which I think would help them understand what you mean by that :)

(Kidding. I'm really not that narcissistic.)

Your grateful student
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:52 pm

Dear You,

Okay, as much as I would enjoy being indignant and whining and bitching about you talking about me with one of my students, I won't. Frankly, I'd feel too much like a hypocrite. After all, one of your/my students is also my best friend, and we use you quite often in our discussions about the nature of evil.

However, that said, apparently she's talking about how upset you were. And the fact that you talked to her about it makes you look like an a******. You are ruining your own reputation far more effectively than I ever could.

Also, you know what? You're responsible for approaching me about this. So f****** do it already.

Kirsten
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Just Another Chris

Postby Olhado_ » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:20 am

Dear you,

Although I may still be a launchie rank I do not think any of the distinguished members would call me a newbie. :)

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby daPyr0x » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:21 am

Dear You,

I would ;-)

--Cam

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:18 am

Dear you,

Me too. :P
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:39 am

Dear you,

Me too. But that Hanc guy definitely isn't a newbie. :wink:

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:42 am

Dear you,

I wish you were here. I need a serious hug.

-Me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Return to “Milagre Town Square”