Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:38 am

Dear You,

I hope you are having fun wherever you are. What a way to spend your spring break. Honestly, it wouldn't really be my first choice... but maybe my second or third. Unless it involved you, then it would most likely be my absolute first. Hopefully you don't step on any nails or anything.

By the time you read this I'll be out of town.. which means we won't get to talk until Sunday or even Monday. But, at least I got over our little... situation... and decided to talk to you before you left. I didn't not want to talk to you, I just needed to do some thinking. And we talked! So.. at least we have that.

Yeah. I'm going to go to bed now to hopefully sleep. And dream. And wake up and do nothing. Fun.

- Me

Firegirl
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Firegirl » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:24 pm

Dear you,
I found out today that friends and Chocolate are the panacea of everything or at least they make me feel better.
Mildly euphoric,
me
You feed the original flame that burns inside of you, because you know that is the only way you will get to live the life that is meant to be yours. Siv Cederling

"I've got sunspots where my heart used to be"

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:37 am

Dear Everyone,

Happy Pi Day!

- Fred.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:45 pm

Dear You,

The walls are thin. Stop singing. You suck.

-- The Neighbour who hates you, you inconsiderate moron
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:42 pm

Dear you,

I'm so excited!

-me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:34 pm

Dear Yous,

Why aren't you on to welcome me back?? I've missed you all dreadfully and thought of you every day I've not been able to talk with you. Ah well, I shall have to wait for you all to slowly trickle on so I can tell you about random experiences that you won't care about (but if you're nice, you'll pretend to, okay?).

Adios

-me
"Sometimes life is too uncertain to have regrets." -Goku, DBZ

peterlocke123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby peterlocke123 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:12 pm

Dear You,

I saw you maybe twice today. I wish I saw you more. Now I have to go to Utah for a week and then Spring Break and I won't see you until school starts up again. I wish it didn't have to be that way. But I've got something incredible planned for later this year.

Love you so much,

Loo^2

Firegirl
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Firegirl » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:00 am

Dear You,
Thank-you for yesterday, you were really kind and supportive. I'm glad that I could tag along and that things were resolved. You have all the luck on calender dates.
I think that I know what job I'll apply for. Yeah for resumes! now for actually getting it.
firegirl
You feed the original flame that burns inside of you, because you know that is the only way you will get to live the life that is meant to be yours. Siv Cederling

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:38 am

dear you,

when we were 15 you wrote your high-end fancy art camp entrance essay about me. we drove to my house after school and i did laundry while you used my computer. no one else was home. i wore a red long-sleeve shirt and jeans. i went barefoot in the house. i carried big white plastic laundry baskets full of big white fluffy towels back and forth from the bedrooms and the laundry room, in your line of vision, for about an hour. i knew i looked pretty. it was spring and we kept the front door open.

you sat at the computer and typed. i brought you iced tea. i sat on your lap while you drank it. we kissed. you showed me some of your slides. you printed out your essay.

we got in your car and drove to the post office. you left the essay on your seat. you went in to buy stamps.

i read your essay. i know you loved me long, long, long before you ever told me so.

i pretended i hadn't read it. i think you were disappointed. i think you left it there so that i WOULD read it. afterall, your father is a mail man. stopping at the post office for stamps and leaving me alone in your car with the entrance essay that is about me ... well, it's sort of obvious isn't it?

i never told you that i read it, though.

i'm telling you now.

i read it.

we were 15 and i was wearing that red shirt. even back then, even back THEN i could stare at the mole on your neck just above the collar of your t-shirt and know exactly how hard i was going to fall.

you can say what you want. and you can do what you like.

and we're not together anymore, so there isn't any story.

but don't you ever tell me that since the first day we met, we didn't get right down deep into each others blood and simmer there.

because i know better.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:51 am

Dear You,

I'm up far too late from getting too much sleep, and it feels so odd not to be staying up and talking to you. It doesn't really click in my mind that everything is still going fine. It feels like something terrible has happened to you, or that you are no longer in existence. It's such a horrible feeling because you're such a good friend, and I'd never want to lose you. Ah, but I'll get over it, it seems that's my only choice.

Still, the night seems a bit empty without your company. Have a safe and fun time where you are!

-me

Edit: Dear you,

We just got off the phone after not talking for a while, ahh how happy this makes me! What's even better, I just turned on the TV and Dennis the Menace was on.. Weird things always seem to happen. But they make me laugh, so things are quite good.

Love,
me

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:05 pm

Dear you,

I feel sick now and I had a great evening till I got your email. What is easier about putting MY life into chaos, too? Why spread the misery around unnecessarily? God, you have no idea what you're asking me to do.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

lovesonia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby lovesonia » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:13 am

Dear Yous,

My sincerest apologies for the following Dear You and all the "**"s. I have to write it. I have to prepare myself for explaining all of it. Tonight was, for the most part, a good night but the last 2 hours have been really really rotten and I didn't feel that the Dear You belonged in the anger thread.

Again, my apologies.
-Nicole.

~~~~

Dear You,

**** you. I want you to go away and leave me the **** alone. News flash: it's NOT ******* FUNNY. You are a ******* ******* and I literally cannot find it in my heart to care about you anymore. It's TOTALLY obvious you don't give a **** about me or my feelings. I've told you several times that it's NOT funny and that I don't appreciate it yet you continue to say the things you say. You disrespected me for the last time tonight and I'm done. I AM SO ******* DONE. I hope you have a nice life and don't get the opportunity to make anyone else as miserable as you've made me these last 5 years.

-Nicole
HAiaSMG

Hegemon
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Hegemon » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:01 pm

Dear You,

It has been over a week since you have passed and the pain has only gotten worse. As I lie here with your urn on my chest, I am overcome with sadness.

I miss you so much. I miss how you really seemed to appreciate the little things in life, like sitting in the sun. I miss the ways in which you tried to imitate your mother, like when you would dance or sit with your front paws crossed. I miss your mischievousness and how your little tail used to wag when we would walk in on your doing something you knew you shouldn’t be doing, and when you would slowly inch towards a plate of food. I miss how you would always visit me in the kitchen when I went up late at night for a snack and would even at times follow me back down to my room and try to sneak in to get a treat from me. I miss how you would crawl onto my chest and slap me in the face when you wanted attention and how you would sit on my mom’s lap and paw at her hands when we played cards. I miss so damn much about you.

I think back on so many funny things you used to do. I remember the time that you jumped onto the table and dipped a leg in my mom’s coffee. That look of shock on your face when you burnt your leg was priceless. I remember how you used to like to pretend you were a hunter and would try to pounce on your dog cookies and play with them, and how you would sometimes try to swat at moths and dragonflies.

You probably knew how hard a time I have had going on lately. How stressed and perpetually unhappy I am. You likely were more aware of it than most people thanks to your ability to pick up on my pheromones. With your passing, things have only gotten worse. My life, which has at times seemed like it was perpetually dark, has lost a little bit of the light it had left. The world seems just a little less full of joy and wonder.

I am always amazed by much a silly little animal like you can change a person’s life, but you had that effect on mine.

I love you and I miss you. We all do. Even your sister, who seems to have lost her little mind.

Me

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:19 pm

Dear you,

Thank you. I'm glad we managed to come to a plan that minimises the chaos and I'm really glad you understood.

-- Less-frazzled Daughter

Dear you,

You are perhaps the most self-centred person I know, and you have no idea. There's the rest of the world, which falls into two categories:
1. People out to make your life difficult
2. People you can ask things of as if they have no consequence to themselves

You simply have no idea. There's this, this disconnect, where you can explain very calmly how it's not such a big imposition on me to go along with mom's plan (nevermind that you know zip about my schedule or plans) because mom "drives me everywhere," and then see nothing ironic about saying how you'll get mom to drive you somewhere totally out of her way when you could go more direct and not bug her so much.

I have it. I think you assume everyone else treats people like you do. Apparently the fact that I drive my own ass around almost exclusively, or take public transit, has escaped you. No, that can't be it, because if mum asked you what she did me, I would have heard the yelling from here. Because you're selfish.

You're a selfish little child with no conception of the world around you. You have no awareness of the independent existence of pretty much everyone else.

It's sad, because you're apparently almost an adult. I hope someday you actually grow up.

-- Disgusted-But-Resigned Me

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:51 pm

<You>

So much I want to say.. but I can't because it'll make things hard again, and I don't want things to be hard again. But.. even saying it here where it is as if I am indirectly speaking to you makes it just as tough. I want to tell you these things, but I also do not wish for you to hear them. Should I, or shouldn't I say these things? If neither of us can make this choice, who should get to? Even if they seem pointless to me..

</You>

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Virlomi » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:52 pm

Dear You,

Six days now!

-Me

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:47 pm

Dear you,

i could kill you. i am now obsessed with Sara Bareilles, but i can only find a handful of her songs online, and even then, i can only play them on the webpages--they aren't available for download. not to mention i've looked in three musics stores and haven't been able to find a copy of her cd, which, coincidentally, goes off shelves on March 27, 2007 (soo, like, next week) in accordance with her new deal with Epic records, and her new album of entirely different songs (the samples i've heard from it i am obsessed with as well) won't be available until the end of the summer.

i am THISCLOSE to ordering it online while i still can. and i NEVER buy things online.

i absolutely love the music, but i've got to kill you because it's impossible for me to get it and put it on my ipod so i can listen to it incessantly.

i'm sure you understand.

love,
Kel
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Virlomi » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:46 pm

Dear You,

*gloat*

(and ps. I don't have tracks 8 or 11 for some weird reason, but I can burn you the rest of the cd if you'd like. :) I KNEW you'd like it. Did you watch the music video for Fairytale on her website? I thought you'd like that.)

-me

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:22 pm

Dear you,

Mail time today was extra exciting. I love it.

-me
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Virlomi » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:50 pm

Dear you,

You sent me a present. I've practically refused to speak to you for 7 months, and you sent me a present. You said that you want to build our relationship back to what it was... you said how much my friendship meant to you, how valued a part of your life I was, how much you respected me... but the question I asked over and over again as I read your note was... why? Yes, what you did was handled poorly and insensitively, but how I treated you was purely based out of my own immature frustration and self pity that really had nothing to do with you at all, and the way I sulked and wallowed and used you as an easy scapegoat for my pain was disgusting. The truth is that I was happy to have a semi-decent reason to hate you. I know that's awful, but honestly I really was. And somehow after all of my petty over-reactions and cruelty, you remember my birthday and take the time to send me a gift such a sweet, thoughtful throwback to the inside jokes and early conversations of our friendship before it was tainted? And still you tell me how much you respect me? I really do feel like the worst kind of jerk right now. And I deserve every minute of it.

I'm so sorry,
me

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:07 pm

dear you,

congratulations. it took you all of three minutes to destroy the miniscule shred of self-esteem it's taken me three months to get back. you made me feel ugly. and unattractive. and you cheapened my entire existence. good work.

the fact that you're coming over to my apartment tomorrow night to hang out and watch my favorite movie, as we'd planned before you insulted me in front of a room full of people, because i am too weak-willed to stick up for myself makes me nauseus.

good job.

-Kelly
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:50 pm

Dear you,

I probably should have gotten this cheque months ago, and it was irresponsible and poor of you to not issue it for so long.

On the other hand, I'd completely forgotten about it, so this is a surprise windfall and I quite enjoy the freedom it brings me.

~annoyed, but not too much so, me
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Clover
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Clover » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:10 pm

Dear you,

You should be happy to know that most things don't upset me these days, so getting up at 7:30, then standing in the cold and rain in unprepared clothing (ie: a sweater in 3 C) with a small unbrella, running from time to time to the car to warm up, for FIVE AND A HALF HOURS, I have decided to call an adventure, and has not upset my day too much.

But for the sake of all the people standing in line with me, please, PLEASE, let us wait on the other side of building!! At least we'd be out of the weather!

All this, just to cross the border.... sheesh.

Me

lovesonia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby lovesonia » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:17 pm

Dear You,

I had a dream about you last night. It was really weird. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you, let alone talked to you more than a couple times in chat but... yep. Had a dream about you. I don't remember what it was about at this point. I only remember you looked dashing and your accent was amazing.

-Weirded out me

~~

Dear You,

I had a dream about you, too. It was even weirder than the one mentioned above. Mostly it was weird because you had a daughter. Oh, and the fact that it was a really awful party but you were enjoying yourself.

-Your old work buddy

~~~

Dear You,

I think they look fabulous. Sorta French, sorta modern. I know it only seems like they're too big because we've not had real furniture in there since moving in. I love the color. I didn't think I would, 'cause you said 'sage' but they're not the normal shade of sage... They're darker. Good job.

Love,
your adoring daughter
HAiaSMG

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:19 pm

Dear you,
Make me eat my words, why don't you? I'm sure that won't make all that much sense to you, but I'm also sure that doesn't much matter on that point.

You are surprising, you know that? You keep proving over, and over, and over again that you are a great friend. And I don't get why to me...I'm still pretty mean to you...but boy is it ever appreciated.

I'm still in shock over the gift. That was completely unexpected and so meaningful without you even realizing it. At least, I don't think you realized it. That movie was like my saving grace in 6th grade. It was the year after my parents got divorced and I was starting to go crazy- my way of coping was to talk like a child much younger than I was- and that movie was one of the things I latched onto.

And...just, wow. It was and is completely undeserved, and I'm still speechless, even if I'm rambling on and on, I don't know what to say exactly to prove that I'm so very thankful.

So...thank you.

Wow.

-Alea
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Firegirl
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Firegirl » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:43 pm

Dear You,
Thank-you for last night. I hope you were not too much of a zombie today at work. It was pleasant having someone to bounce ideas off of and to walk and talk with, I just did not expect trying to fall asleep at 3 am (I guess that you didn't either). Even so it was comforting.
Perpetually,
Me

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:53 am

Dear Father,

These are all the things I've never said, that I fear I may never get to.

I love you.
I always have, even when hurt and anger have covered it.

You are a real role model to me. For a long time I resented what happened between you and my mom, but I see now how hard that must have been, and how much you really must have loved her to go after that. Despite how my mom got hurt in the process, I respect that, and I respect you for it.

I'm sorry we never got to know eachother too well. I'm sorry I pulled away from you for so many years. I'm sorry I felt jealous of my brothers - feeling not as loved as either of them; and I'm sorry I took that out on the whole family. I'm sorry for the years that I didn't respect my stepmom as much as I should have.

I wish I could have had longer with you. I see so much that I wish I could learn from you, and I can only hope to get even pieces of it now.

I want to say thank you, though, for all that I have learned from you. Thank you for all that I've inheirited, all that I've been handed down, and every piece of me that resembles you.

I hope, when I grow to be your age, that I will be everything that you are to me.

I love you
--Cam
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:06 pm

Dear you two,

If someone told me I would be going to a movie with you two, together, in a year from then, I wouldn't have believed them. I'm especially excited to see you because it's been three months again.

Anyways, old rules, I get the milk duds.

- Nicole

Dear you,

You better be alive next time I call... For some reason I just don't think you and any sort of motorized vehicle mix.

Love,
Me

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:48 pm

Dear you,

It is beautiful, and I love it. I'm probably going to wear it every day, just like you'll be hugging Molly every night. It's so special to me. I'm still stunned that you'd do that. I have to remember to ask you where you got it.

Your affectionate graddaughter.

lovesonia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby lovesonia » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:24 pm

Dear Yous,

(both of you) I miss you so so so so much. I had a dream about you meeting each other. I really wish it were possible. It would be wonderful, having two of the most important people in my life meet. I'm glad I could dream of it, in any case. I just wish I could hear your voice and hug you.

(non-present you) I wish I could tell you about my life since you've been gone... I wish you'd have been around at least a bit longer. I wish you hadn't died under the circumstances that you did. It will never be settled with me as to whether it was natural or her doing. I wish my parents hadn't let her take you up there away from us. That was 6 months you could've been with me and instead you were up there with her, missing me as much as I was missing you. I wish so many things could have been different.

(present you) I'm excited. You'll be back soon. I can hardly wait to hear more about your time there. I may've gone a wee ity bity bit overboard with the letters... maybe. Sorry! :D

Love always,
Nikki

~~

Dear You,

Talking last night in the chat was fun. You should come around more often.

-Nikki
HAiaSMG

Borommakot_15
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Borommakot_15 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:26 pm

Dear You,

You just dont get it. If you have to ask the question, you could not possibly understand the answer. Yes, the English would make sense to you, and you would think that you understood. But you would not. You cannot be told, you have to experience it for yourself. Stop asking me, before I get even more frustrated.

-Me

Dear Ya'll,

Still waiting to hear from you. If I could contact you, I would.

-Dan

Dear Ya'll,

I never realized how much I needed you guys, needed this sense of community. I thought that I understood what it was like to be alone, but I was wrong. Coming back, and having this happen over and over. Yeah...

-Me

Dear You,

To answer your question. Yes. Some days I really do wish that the cancer had won and I had lost. Are you happy, now? You have it in writing. What do you think that you are going to do about it that won't just make it worse? Just leave me alone.

-Dan

Dear You,

You have made me realize just how futile it is to hope and wish and fantasize. I know that that was not your intention, but, dang. Without hopes and wishes and fantasies, I don't have anything left. Thanks.

-Dan

Dear You,

When I told you that I pray for you, daily. I meant it.

-Dan

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:29 pm

Dear yo-STEPH!!-u,
I SAW RENT!!! IN NEW YORK CITY!!! FRONT ROW, CENTER STAGE!!!

Okay, yelling from excitement aside...I thought of you the whole time. It was amazing! And Mimi and Collins smiled at me! And Mark was hott! And it was great! And...and...*explodes from the excitement of it*

-Pieces formerly known as Alea
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:42 pm

Dear you (^),

*so jealous it's not even funny*

- Twinny

Dear you,

You have no clue how much that helped me get through my 10 hour... 12 if you count travel time.

You are my hero of the day.

- Nicole

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:15 am

Dear You,

Why do you take the most harsh of insults to heart, but refuse the accept the most pure of compliments?

- Me

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:41 pm

Dear You,

Talking last night in the chat was fun. You should come around more often.

-Nikki

Agreed. Do come back more often.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”