Dear You 2.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:03 am

Dear yous,
I'm sorry that we've gotten a little out of hand here. However, I'm sure that most of you would do the same. So have a little sympathy on us, please.
-me

*shields Nikki from the blows*

*makes a hasty retreat*

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:04 am

Dude, martyrdom is gay.

edit: Oh dear, I just called something "gay" in a derogatory fashion. My future is getting bleaker by the moment.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby hive_king » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:09 am

Dear You Two,

It isn't so much that you're posting sweet nothings, its how often you do it. I mean, we're talking about overrunning-the-thread here. We don't mind in theory, we just wish you would tune it down. And as to me doing the same? I've been in 1.5 pweb relationships, I never got as bad as you two.

-Me
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:21 am

No, pretty much everyone who does that in Dear You gets the same heckling. Most pweb relationships manage to stay out of Dear You like that.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

peterlocke123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby peterlocke123 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:30 am

Dear You Two,

Cute...two random numbers that pop into my head...17 and 21...hmmmm... ;-)

Loo^2

Dear You,

You officially suck at Halo 2.

Loo^2

Dear You,

I NEED to play Gunbound. Bring XP tomorrow!

Thanks,

Loo^2

v-girl
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Dr. Posts-a-Lot
First Joined: 23 Mar 2001

Postby v-girl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:23 am

dear you,

i'm sorry you have crappy friends. it makes me really mad, actually. and sad that you don't expect better for yourself. i wish you could know what it's like to have good friends, that are always there and that love you and will truly go out of their way to help you.

i used to be just like you. i didn't expect that i would ever have the friends i do. but you have to hold out for them, and when you find people like that, you have to invest in them and care for them and never let them go.

i hope your birthday tonight is fun for you. i'm not a good party planner, but it was the best i could do.

-catherine

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Virlomi » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:21 am

Dear yous,

Oh goodness, here we go again.

Dear you,

psst. pssssst. hey you. It's like I kinda miss you or something. Wierd, right? We need to work on that whole, ya know, talking thing.

-me

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:31 am

Dear you,
I'm now accustomed to the fact that you're a pathological liar in denial, but what really amuses me is that you told me, "Unlike most females I know, I don't try to erase people from my life." Ha! I'm so sure I'm not being erased, bit by bit. You never cease to amuse me.

Dear you,
Me? I think that's to me...
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:38 am

[blank]
Last edited by Yebra on Tue May 07, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:41 pm

Dear You,

You bastard. You've been reported and I hope they get you.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:01 pm

Dear you,

I do not appreciate being woken up at that hour. Especially not when I have class bright and early. So please keep the sound down or I'll be on the hunt for suitable vengence.

~me
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

-Bean
Launchie
Launchie

Postby -Bean » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:17 pm

Dear You,
I didn't mean to hurt you. I wish I didn't have to, but I didn't know what else to do. Our relationship scared me, not because I don't love you, but because something didn't feel right about it. It was too fast, too sudden. You've put me through a lot over the years, and yet still, I forgave you, but I wouldn't blame you if you never forgave me for this. It was wrong, and I know it was. I don't know how to ever make things right between us again, but if there is a way to make our friendship whole again, anything, I would willingly do it. I just want things to be the way they were. But I'm afraid that that will never happen again. I never know what to say to you anymore, and that scares me, and makes me uncomfortable in ways you couldn't imagine. I agree with what you said the other day, I just want my best friend back, but I don't know how. And I'm afraid that it could take my whole life to make it right again.
-Kevin
The most important thing to know is that you don't know anything.
-Bean

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Virlomi » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:19 pm

Dear You,

Of course, dummy. Fill in enormous unstated sarcasm and replace a little for a whole heap of a lot, and you've pretty much got the state of things.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:57 pm

dear you,

you made that rule for a REASON. take a shower. pull it together. and get back to work.

you don't have time to fall apart.

it doesn't matter if it's hard. it doesn't matter if you're tired. it doesn't matter if he doesn't love you anymore. it doesn't matter that you're jealous because she gets everything you've ever wanted and never ever has to work for any of it. i doesn't matter if you're lonely and sick and cold, like you are constantly. none of it matters.

what MATTERS is that you get in the shower, get over it, and then get. back. to. WORK.

what matters is that you finish this reader's report and have it PERFECTED and emailed to the boss before you go to sleep tonight.

what matters is that you wake up on time for work tomorrow.

what matters is that you do it all and that you do it without complaining. or crying. or collapsing. for the next three months.

so shut up and do it.

-yourself.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

SquigglyJane
Launchie
Launchie

Postby SquigglyJane » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:29 pm

Dear You,

I like that we've been spending more time together. I know we've been friends for a while, and I've never really seen you as more than that, but if this keeps up, I might have to.

Love,
Me

Dear you,

I miss you and I hope you're holding up ok. It was nice talking to you the other day, but not the same as being there in person. Maybe I'll come visit over break. Maine sucks in March though, so maybe not...

-Me

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:04 pm

Dear you two,

<3
Fred.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

anonshadow
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby anonshadow » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:21 pm

Last edited by anonshadow on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:11 pm

Dear you,

You have the worst timing in the world, I swear. One day we'll get to talk when i'm not busy. I promise. Oh, and cut your hair, it's silly.

- Nicole

anonshadow
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby anonshadow » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:11 pm

Dear you,

Being eloquent is not a crime.

Me

lovesonia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby lovesonia » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm

Dear You and You,

Wow. You both surprised me, wanting to talk today. It's been months since I've talked to either of you. And you chose the same day. Even more odd is that I thought about both of you shortly before you IMed me. That kinda freaked me out. Try not to randomly appear from now on, alright? Pull up a chair or something and stick around. At one point you were both really good friends of mine and I'd definitely like to keep you around. You and Rasputina; you and flaming gorillas. *shakes head* Crazy.

I hope things only get better for you both!

Love,
Nikki
~~~~

Dear You,

I hope Saturday comes quickly for you. I also hope he doesn't mess it up and not let you spoil him. He totally deserves it. You two are perfect for each other. Stick with it and it could last a very very long time.

Love,
Nikki
~~~~~

Dear You,

You're leaving so soon. I'm really excited for you. It'll be so much fun! The only thing I'd want to change is being able to see you go. And, for the record, I still think I'll die while you're gone. I'll do my best not to, though.

Je t'aime.
-Nikki
HAiaSMG

anonshadow
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby anonshadow » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:20 am

Last edited by anonshadow on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:19 am

Dear you,

Thanks for talking to me last night, it means a lot.

Me

lovesonia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby lovesonia » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:03 pm

Dear Yous,

I would like to thank you for being very very amusing. I almost feel bad laughing so hard reading what's supposed to be a seriousish thread. Keep it up.

-Sonia
HAiaSMG

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:03 pm

Dear you,

Thanks for talking so long with me last night. You are really amazing.

Ali

Dear you,

Thanks for the compliment. It does mean a lot. I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Ali

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Dear you,
Make this easy; you do all the work so I don't have to, just this once. Oh, and believe it or not, I wasn't staring at you...I was watching for 8th graders who like to use your 7th grade hall. So what do you say? Sit by me this Wednesday, and I can bug you about it then. Or not. But it'd be fun either way. :)

Alea

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:37 pm

dear you,

i know it's just dreams. it's not really you. it's not really me. the things we say aren't really being said. none of it is happening. none of it has happened.

and it doesn't feel real in the way that you can dream something and it feels real and you wake up and for a moment you're confused about where you are and what's has actually happened.

no. i wake up and i go through my whole day and i simply believe that it's true.

it's only when i go to act on it. when i pick up the phone to call you. when i consider showing up at your work to surprise you with lunch the way you used to love. it's only when i'm about to act on it that i remember, no, it hasn't happened. it won't happen. it is the lies of dreaming that make me hope again.

i wake up and i feel like i've seen you. like i've touched you and talked with you. i feel it. in my body. in my mind. i'm buzzing with the memory of it. it's more real than any other part of my day.

we are in that room and the colors of the bed spread, all cranberry and burnt sienna and cobalt blue and wood and light and glass and it is exactly as i remember it and i haven't even been in that room, or to that place, since my childhood. and you have never been there. and we have never been there together. and sat on the edge of the bed and talked and laughed and fought and cried and loved. we've never hung things on those walls. like we do every single night. in my dreams that are more real than non-dreams.

i know that sooner or later i will break. that i will not be able to help it, and that i will call you. and i will tell you about these dreams. no matter how hard i try, it's too real. i am so, so close to you and yet it is agony to know that it is not really you that i am close to. not even a memory of you, but some strange dream creation that nonetheless does not say the things that i would have dream-you say. it is not the perfect, pretty picture i fantasize about. it is more earthy. it has the weight of truth to it. your voice is yours, and it says the things that you would say. not the things i long for you to say.

it is going to drive me mad.

please, either come back to me, or stop.

we can't keep meeting in my dreams.

love,
Kel
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:36 pm

Dear you,
I was drawing a fairy the other day and quite by accident, she looks somewhat like you. At least, I think she does. I'd scan it and show you, but I fought with the scanner for an hour last night (the program won't load) before I gave up. So...I may take it with me in a few weeks on the very small chance that I see you...even though I probably won't...because I don't think you like me...

-me

Dear you,
I was ready to be outraged and moody until I saw that. Thanks; I was sick of feeling ignored by everyone, so that little note helped a ton.

-me

Dear you,
Ditto, what I just said. And I feel all honored and special for the first part.

-me

Dear you,
Most of the time I respect you, but do not talk to me in that tone again, do you hear me? I am not a student, I am a coworker. If I don't see you, I just don't see you. Just politely say, "Alea, please pass the papers over." NOT, "Hellloooo. Arm ex-tended." I am feeling fragile enough at the moment that I'd cry over something like that...and I haven't really cried since January 4th, so a good cry can happen any minute now...and I really don't want to be embarrassed by crying at work. So be gentle.

-me

Dear you,
You know I love you, right? I do. Whole-heartedly. Two weeks.

-me

Dear you,
Why is that I can never easily tell you I love you? It shouldn't be that hard, because I do. You're like an extension of me, so much like me that I wonder why we had to meet like this and why it had to take so long. To quote "Bicentennial Man," you and me, we're the same.

-me

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:07 pm

Dear you,

They came today!!! Bad idea, we can't stop eating them. But seriously, unbelievable.

- A very happy Fred.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:26 pm

dear you,

i came to new york city for two things; you know what those things are. well, i might not have you anymore.

but i got the job.

i can't believe you're not here with me right now, celebrating. and i know there's a real possibilty that we may never speak to one another ever again. but i had to tell you somehow. you're the one who helped me believe i could do this.

well, i did it.

i did it.

love,
Kel
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:00 pm

Dear you,

So... I got a package in the mail today...

I can not believe you, I also can not stop laughing.

Oh, and you lied to me.

Love,
Nicole.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:10 pm

dear you,

why did you do this to me?
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:16 pm

[blank]
Last edited by Yebra on Tue May 07, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:14 pm

Dear You,

The law that I'm reading does keep saying present tense, not past tense. I have no reason to think the situation is ongoing. Also, it talks about reporting information that I simply do not have at my disposal. Ergo, I feel much better about calling social services with the hypothetical because I'm pretty sure they'll tell me I don't have to report. Ergo, you were wrong. Or, at least, less right than I was. Ergo, don't hold this against me on my eval. I do have some ethical knowledge, even if I wasn't able to articulate it.

Your supervisee with the ethical dilemma

P.S. Next ethical dilemma: Am I ethically obligated to try to get the information I do not have at my disposal, and will that make me required to report? I do not know. But that's a much, much, much simpler situation, at any rate.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:22 pm

Dear yous,
Would you laugh at me if I told you the only thing I really remember about our 2+ hour talk was the Mac-porn?

Because that's all I remember... :oops:

And the fact that I couldn't stop laughing.

What would I ever do without you guys?

-Me

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:24 am

Dear You,

I love you. I'm sorry for yesterday. I know I overreacted. It's not about what you said, or keep saying. It's petty and stupid and not even worth being about.
It's that you only say anything when I'm going out, or am out, with you. It's what you're saying between the lines. It's that every time you're telling me how embarrassed you are to be seen with me, to call me your son. I know I'm not the perfect son. I don't WANT to be the perfect son. I've tried being perfect for someone before, and all it did was make me miserable. I just want to be me, and I want you to be proud of me.

But if you're not, if you really are that embarrassed to be seen with me, that's fine too because I can find solace in the fact that regardless, I'm still being me. I just won't go out with you so you can't be embarrassed.

-- Your son
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Return to “Milagre Town Square”