Things that I love

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Re: Things that I love

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:16 pm

That was pretty damn awesome. :D

I finished A Dance with Dragons last week, so now my wait begins.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:35 pm

1) Sitting on the bank of the river, completely covered in fog, with no one else around for miles after waking up in your tent to the sound of distant geese
2) Waking up to the cold wet nose of a dog pressed up into your face with that look that says "Oh hey, didn't even see you there, but since you're awake, I love you! Let's play!"
3) Winding roads through the country on a motorcycle
4) Getting an entire day to do nothing but get cozy on the couch, drink coffee, and read.
5) Reading calvin and hobbes by a fire in the fireplace on a cold winter day
6)Being 1 of 3 white people at a Bone Thugz N' Harmony show, and having Flesh-N-Bone come up to you after the show...(Just me? ...Well I thought it was pretty awesome.)
7) Space
9) Driving down GW Parkway at 1 in the morning in the middle of summer blasting Sigur Ros
10) Those random times where you and a best friend end up sitting somewhere random (middle of a feild, hood of your cars, roof of a building, etc...) after a long day hanging out and talk til the sun comes up about life and all the deep, meaningful stuff that usually get's pushed aside by everyone.
11) Getting to surprise someone you love when they come home by doing the little things you know stress her out/she hates doeing (cleaning the kitchen, folding the laundry, fixing that wobbly table, etc...) and having a night in to just relax and watch a movie.
12) Puppy breath (Is that wierd? It probably is...hmm..maybe disregard that one but know that I secretly still love it)
13) When you take a chance in the middle of playing the song for an actual performance and try a new run and nail it
14) Rolling over in the morning and seeing the one you love still sleeping quietly, and seeing that still asleep contented slightest smile when you kiss their forehead before getting up.
15) Sitting in a little coffee shop on the west coast of Ireland early in the morning looking out over Dingle Bay, sipping coffee, eating a freshly made mixed berry muffin with homemade butter, and writing-For real, does it get much better?
I love that someone else uses () as much as I do :)
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:36 am

A day off after 6 days at work! (Which is not a long time compared to some stretches people go through, I know, I know, but for an introvert working in a public space and having a lot of On time, Off time is much welcomed and needed.)
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:33 pm

I so love hunting season and it's nearly here! Hunting tripps keep me alive and kicking and I just cant wait. If I can just keep away from my sneaky Dr's always plotting to put me under the knife.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:41 pm

I love, love, LOVE surprising people I love with perfect gifts that they aren't expecting.

A few weeks ago, I surprised Brian with Lego Delorean from Back to the Future. (And luckily, I got it at the pre-order price which was significantly cheaper!) Because of the excitement over the car, we showed the kids the first movie last night. They loved it! And Tyler was so excited to wear his Calvin Klein polo today.

Just today, my brother got this USA Pro Cycling Challenge Jersey delivered to his door. My brother is a huge cycling fan and an avid cycler. The race went through our hometown this year, and since he lives in AZ, he couldn't be there. When I saw this jersey with our state flag on it, I knew it had to be his! My sisters and parents agreed and we ordered it for him. I loved hearing his excitement so much!!
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:28 pm

I'm all moved in! School starts in a week :)
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:06 am

This is pretty great.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:57 pm

This is pretty great.
I must share this on facebook. :)
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:28 pm

Let's all hail the first day of Grouse season! Only 14 more days till fall bear too! Yea yahoo!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:49 am

Aww but as a birder who has never even SEEN a grouse, I have to be a bit sad at the start of grouse season. :(
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:44 pm

All the grouse near my house disappeared about 10 years ago as the woods became too dense for their liking. We used to occasionally get them banging into our windows and breaking their necks, which usually made for a tasty meal.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:48 pm

We had a few hit the windows over the years and yes they shure have their up and down cycles (usually 8yrs but sometimes more). The turkeys (feathered variety) here really drive the grouse away especially from the winter feeding areas but I do love to go hunt them where the numbers are good, lucky for me there is always a lot up at our ranch near Chewelah Wash. There is not much better sport in my opinion.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:21 pm

I always love to see the falls first new calves ripping around, they look so clean and bright.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:22 pm

And I love that harvest is done at last!

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:12 am

I just opened up a care package from a pal living in Spain, oh how he finds me the finest cigars! Are we the only country that still won't deal with Cuba?

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Going to spend the weekend manning a table at World Maker Faire this weekend. Last year our website (Cemetech) won the Educator's Choice award, so fingers crossed for similar luck this year. If any of you will be there, keep an eye out for us!

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:23 pm

I love October! everything about it, and what goes on throught it. :thumbs:

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:04 pm

Fresh-picked apples. A totally different fruit from the waxy supermarket offerings.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Iv'e a cool big owl living in our old big barn. Been parking some stuff in there for the winter and the critter would rather be left alone . The screechy scream is totally unnerving damn near pissed my overalls the first time it screamed at me! Ya know the strange thing is under where the thing perches it drops the pellets. I'm not into lookin at poo so much but they're wierd, compressed together pellets of skulls and claws creepy.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Get a picture for me, buckshot!! I would love to see it! Wonder if it's a Screech Owl??
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Cool!

We have an owl nearby that we hear at night. I've never seen her, just heard her. We'd heard baby owls with her, and a visiting friend or lover. Owls are cool.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:32 pm

I was just trying to get a good pic for you Luet, just cant get enough light on it without upsetting it ,It flys right at my head and out of the barn and screaches a scarry scream that damn near spooks me clear of my boots! I'll try again early in the morning maybe it will be a bit less warry of me without the bright maglight but thr flash was the worst. I do think it's a screech owl it's odd to see it close up and "in the eyes" I can kind of feel its rage, can feel it only wants its privacy.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:06 am

Today's Rorschach google doodle. OMG. I can't stop playing.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:40 am

Aww, thanks for trying buckshot! :)

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:17 pm

The smell of unbaked bread dough. Holy crap, it smells fantastic.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:20 pm

I LOVE THAT SMELL. Sadly I didn't get home from the office early enough today to make any :(

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:39 am

Wish I had taken a picture of just how much was awaiting our return but I loved coming home to the pile of packages and stuffed-to-full mailbox last night.

Also love my own bed. Sleeping on someone's pull-out couch gets old after about 5 minutes.

Loved seeing the skyline appear as we approached Chicago. Never get tired of that view.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:08 am

I love that our daughter Sarah starts student teaching stuff next week and at my old grade school! How wierd is that! Then she graduates from eastern this year, another one down. I hope ya all just starting out with little ones start saving now it will cost way more than you think. It just boggles the mind how much it takes just to get a 4yr like Sarah now Kylie is going to be a geologist so after next year grad school an I don't even want to guess how much$. Im just saying it costs so so much more now than when our first kids started college, start saving and get in on every deal you can.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue May 06, 2014 11:48 am

I have one more assignment due before I get a month off from school.

I have rail planters for our balcony-thing! And the flowers to go in them. Just need to work on the aforementioned assignment before I can take care of the flowers.

They're my tiny blue flowers I've been wanting since AZ. :mrgreen:

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue May 06, 2014 1:39 pm

Do you know what the flowers are called?

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed May 07, 2014 8:48 am

Lobelia. Since bringing them home, they are tending to look purple as often as they look blue and these are not cascading like the ones I had before could be...so, maybe not the flower I had (and killed) in AZ but close enough. :)

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Sat May 10, 2014 10:08 am

I love that I'm getting a snow storm for mother's day!!!

(I know I'm weird.)

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Thu May 15, 2014 7:17 pm

My baby girl Maddie turns 16 tomorrow! I just gave her the keys to an old 71 ford pickup I had been saving for her. The older kids all wanted "and got" newer cute little cars and I'm pretty shure Maddie's going to keep that pickup in good shape for a long time, at least thats how I raised her to care for tools, and pickups are tools to me anyhow. She is such a busy kid "they say she's most like me" and knockout pretty too! I'm proud of em all but Maddie has always exibited such good money sense but time will tell. Now I have to stand vigilant on guard against "s*** heel skid lid boys"and the like. Why can't I just turn back time till she was 6 or 7 and full of questions.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Just spotted an old familar doe crawl into an old blackcherry tree in the hay field. I'm thinking the fawn show is about to start.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:42 pm

I love kisses goodnight from Nom. I love kiss anytime from Nom.
I love tea.
I love how much she adores Riv.
I love my grumpy, demanding, snuggly, beautiful, little baby.
I love getting to dress her in the rocketship sleeper.
I love the little nicks in her earlobe, the pattern of hair on her forehead, her little sasquatch shoulders, her snorts, her funny faces, her squishy little face.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Return to “Milagre Town Square”