Girly Stuff

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:18 am

See, those are the things you should talk about in your Man Cave. :P
-Kim

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:51 am

Oh, come on girls, if you don't want the guys to say idiotic comments about women, let's not stereotype them as "scratching, spitting Neanderthals".
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:32 pm

I'm not stereotyping! I'm saying that, to be fair, they should get to have a guy stuff thread (that I think should be called "Man Cave")...
-Kim

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:24 pm

Oh, come on girls, if you don't want the guys to say idiotic comments about women, let's not stereotype them as "scratching, spitting Neanderthals".
Interesting. Also interesting is how none of the guys complained. :roll:

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Totoro To-to-ro

Postby shadow-petra » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:16 pm

Would they know what the Homo Sapiens were talking about?

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:21 pm

I think there used to be one at 2.0.
There was indeed. I remember the girls taking it over.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:44 am

I love listening in on guys when they talk about guy things. I'm saying this in our thread because in my mind, this is our fort, and things like that shouldn't be said in the boys fort.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

vendor
Soldier
Soldier

Postby vendor » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:22 pm

I read that!
...but paranoia is all I have!!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:13 am

So, Jan...how are things going? How often do you see the dr at this point? Do you know if you are at all dilated and/or effaced? Do you have any gut feelings about when you might go into labor? How are you feeling? Are you going to have anyone with you in the delivery room other than Paul? I'm so excited for you!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:27 am

So, Jan...how are things going?
Pretty well. It's hot, but I'm not that big, so I'm doing okay. My ribs are feeling a bit bruised.
How often do you see the dr at this point?

I see him every week, but that'll probably change to every couple of days if I go overdue.
Do you know if you are at all dilated and/or effaced?
Nope. I'm neither. But I'm going for an ultrasound next week just to make sure everything is okay - since I'm on the small end.
Do you have any gut feelings about when you might go into labor?
I'm thinking it'll be at least a week or so, based on the above. I haven't had any signs of labour at all, and the baby hasn't dropped yet, so I think it'll be awhile yet.
How are you feeling?
I'm feeling a bit impatient. I'm not that uncomfortable, but I'm anxious to finally meet our baby!
Are you going to have anyone with you in the delivery room other than Paul? I'm so excited for you!
I have a doula (labour coach) other then Paul, and she's great. She's been going through breathing and stuff with me.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:35 am

Jan, found this and thought I'd throw it out that I'd be heartbroken if that turns out to be the case, even if I highly doubt it will be. You're turning out to be quite big in my Pweb experience -bigger than I expected- I'm finding as I go through the threads. Just an FYI or something that I bring up here because of the kid talk.
Jayelle A bunch of individuals... was posted on: 20-11-03 23:38:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I've been thinking lately about community. Pweb is a community made up of many different individuals, but when we all come together, we form this community.

I love this place. I'm probably going to leave someday, but I have no idea when that will be... when I have kids, maybe?

I just wanted to say that depite annoyances that arise between people, we all make up this place and we are all part of this. To leave is to cut of an arm or a leg...or a toe... or a spleen... you get my point. So, even though there are differences and there are issues that arise, we are a community and every person here helps to make up the dynamic of pweb.

*group hug*

Girly talk:
I had the most god-awful cramps this morning, which in turn resulted in me having probably the worst run I've had since I started. I wanted to double over and cry, or at least throw up, but my dad was having none of that. There was also the tenderness again...bah, I say to being female.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:06 pm

Let me preface this by saying I'm definitely NOT pregnant--confirmed by many many at-home tests and by my doctor.

I haven't had my period since the beginning of June.

I never thought that would suck quite as much as it actually does. stupid stress.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:23 pm

You sure it's just stress? You haven't been eating tons less or exercising a lot or a change in medication or supplements? Anyway, I hope things get better.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:32 pm

The same thing's been happening to me, but i'm not sure it's stress related or not. I don't feel stressed and I know for absolute sure i'm not pregnent.

April was the last time I had mine.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:35 pm

Have you been to a dr to get some blood work done? That doesn't sound normal unless you are super athletic and even then you should still get checked.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:38 pm

I'm not athletic at all. If it goes on another week (the time I should have this months) i'm going to make an appointment. I've been known to skip months in the past but never like this.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:45 pm

Jan, found this and thought I'd throw it out that I'd be heartbroken if that turns out to be the case, even if I highly doubt it will be. You're turning out to be quite big in my Pweb experience -bigger than I expected- I'm finding as I go through the threads. Just an FYI or something that I bring up here because of the kid talk.
Jayelle A bunch of individuals... was posted on: 20-11-03 23:38:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I've been thinking lately about community. Pweb is a community made up of many different individuals, but when we all come together, we form this community.

I love this place. I'm probably going to leave someday, but I have no idea when that will be... when I have kids, maybe?

I just wanted to say that depite annoyances that arise between people, we all make up this place and we are all part of this. To leave is to cut of an arm or a leg...or a toe... or a spleen... you get my point. So, even though there are differences and there are issues that arise, we are a community and every person here helps to make up the dynamic of pweb.

*group hug*
I said that in 2003! You can't hold me to things I said in 2003!!

Of course I'm not leaving.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:37 am

I'm just making sure!

I'm in this weird, "No one is allowed to leave ever, ever again" mood because of all the stuff I've been seeing and then I saw that.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:24 am

You sure it's just stress? You haven't been eating tons less or exercising a lot or a change in medication or supplements? Anyway, I hope things get better.
Yeah, my doctor said it was a combination of stress and diet, but otherwise I'm healthy. She projects that I'll get it sometime this upcoming week and if not to come back in and see her.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadow-petra » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:52 pm

Yeah, my doctor said it was a combination of stress and diet, but otherwise I'm healthy. She projects that I'll get it sometime this upcoming week and if not to come back in and see her.
*hopes Young Val destresses and gets her period* By the way, just noticed you're a bostonian 8)

That really sucks. I would love to miss a period, but that's bad...my periods are relatively short and the pain is managable, but does anyone get the ones where it hurts so much that you can hardly move and need to take pills for the pain? Does your entire day get throne of because of it?

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:54 am

My first 1-2 days I have pretty severe pain that I need to take codeine for. And it's usually not typical period cramps but more like someone poking a stick in your colon pain. Although it varies. And if I eat anything, I have horrible stomach pains too. All of this is because I have endometriosis, so it's not normal period pain.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:24 am

I love not having my period. It's been a year and a half for me. Since Brayden needs supplementing to gain some weight, I'm not breastfeeding as much so I'm not looking forward to the return. I anticipate it will be any time now. Ugh.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:14 am

By the way, just noticed you're a bostonian 8)

That really sucks.
Now now...
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

shadow-petra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadow-petra » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:02 pm

Away with you!

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:15 pm

Pregnancy update:

I have now crossed the line between "due" and "overdue". If I were a library book, I'd be getting fines.
I'm fairly uncomfortable and cursing the current heat wave in Winnipeg (while the rest of the city is rejoicing) - but it's also not the end of the world. I can be patient. The baby will come. By the end of the month, I will definitely have a newborn.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:26 pm

It's time to start charging that kid rent. Maybe it's just too comfortable in there. You don't have an air conditioned uterus by any chance, do you?
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:40 am

ugh, I"m sorry, but if it sticks around til Saturday we'll share a birthday!

the year I was born, was one of the hottest summers ever according to my mom. :P

I was nine pounds nine and a half ounces too, nothing easy about me, apparently.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:06 am

I was thinking about you yesterday and how you were now overdue. When is your next dr appt to see if your cervix is moving along?

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:17 am

*Sends labor chi Jayelle's way!*

I was 5 days late with Tyler. I'm really hoping labor starts soon, because I remember what this day in your life felt like in my life!

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:19 am

If I were a library book, I'd be getting fines.
That's awesome. Made me giggle quite a bit.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:16 am

If I were a library book, I'd be getting fines.
That's awesome. Made me giggle quite a bit.
Not sure how I missed this...but agreed. Very amusing choice of words. :)

Retail therapy. For the longest time I couldn't understand this habit that all my girl friends had of shopping to feel better -likely because I didn't actually have any money until a few years ago. It started with DVDs. I don't have many but the vast majority of what I do have were Pick-Me-Up purchases. I branched out a teeny bit into Items I Will One Day Be Able To Utilize If Ever I'm A Big Kid And Fully Move Out Of One Of My Parents Homes.

Feeling a bit brave/reckless, but also just a bit down (yet better than last week), I hopped into the truck for one of my rare drives and headed to Target. That is probably the only store outside of Best Buy where I'm virtually guaranteed to find at least one thing I can convince myself to buy.

Um, yeah. I put $40 on my credit card towards a comforter and two pillow shams for the bed I'm currently using. Reason that was a stupid move, besides the fact that I'm spending and not putting anything back into my savings account? Projected move date is September 6/7, a few weeks from now. I get to keep this bed, but it'll go into storage until I can actually use it since it is simply impossible to make it fit in my already packed room at my mom's.

So I'll get maybe 2, 3 weeks of use before it goes put away indefinitely. *sigh* I hate retail therapy.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:43 am

Yeah, I do it occasionally but for me it's more about wandering through the store for hours than really buying much of anything. I spent 2-3 hours in Kohl's yesterday and ending up spending $23 after using coupons for $5 off and 30% off. I also went to Target but that was mostly for protein bars because I'm too lazy to eat real food.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:23 pm

Very rarely I do something like that, but it has been known to happen. Although i'm pretty good, I have one credit card and I don't touch it except for big things, that I already can pay off.

I've been getting bad with clothing lately, I can't stop buying.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:36 pm

I definitely have phases of this. I feel blah or something and have the urge to buy everything I see on impulse. Fortunately I'm generally pretty good about suppressing that urge.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:44 am

Jayelle hasn't posted anything in almost 24 hours.....hmmm....

I hope there's a baby!

Return to “Milagre Town Square”