Girly Stuff

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Re: Girly Stuff

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:13 am

I got myself a good, supportive boy.
:thumbs:

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:32 pm

I got myself a good, supportive man.
Fixed that for you.

I know, I know, you call him the boy or your boy, etc. But what he's doing for you is being a real man. A boy wouldn't care about lovingly supporting you in the ways that you need. A man does that. He's your boy, but he is a man. A real one.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:48 pm

Good boy!

And for a time after we got married, I weighed about ten pounds MORE than my husband and he is 8" taller than me. Stupid ridiculously skinny men.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:16 pm

I got myself a good, supportive man.
Fixed that for you.

I know, I know, you call him the boy or your boy, etc. But what he's doing for you is being a real man. A boy wouldn't care about lovingly supporting you in the ways that you need. A man does that. He's your boy, but he is a man. A real one.
Yes. :) I wholeheartedly agree.

Nomi, I think it's a nerd thing. :evencooler:
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:10 am

Nomi, I think it's a nerd thing. :evencooler:
That fits my data.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:34 am

That fits my data.
:mrgreen: / :love:

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:05 pm

See but mine isn't a nerd he is a mini jock. A my sized hottie (think of a my sized barbie but a sexy muscular guy instead :))
But he has and I assume will always weigh less than me, currently 20 lbs less! now I'm not fat though I am a little soft at the moment. But I have come to terms that the downside of being with this sexy and amazing man is I will always be the heavy one in our relationship. And he loves my heavy self just the way I am.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Mine is a nerdy jock. He plays and watches every sport there is and is in FOUR fantasy football leagues currently. But he has also seen Star Wars more times than I can count and can answer every trivia question in Fanboys. He is definitely a nerd mixed with a jock.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:14 pm

I've never been attracted to skinny guys. So, Donny was always heavier. But I've gained weight I haven't shed since pregnancy and he's lost a lot with his job. I feel weird about it. I'm happy for him, but depressed for me.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Here's my real man:

I don't think you can classify him into any category. I do think he's in the running for "The Most Interesting Man in the World." Except he doesn't drink Dos Equis. Or any alcohol, for that matter.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby thoughtreader » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Ok appologies in advance for lots and LOTS of pictures... I'm sure Alea will be pleased :)
Here is a history of chris and I by time and weight. in reverse order...

So this is a picture of us and the in laws hiking near Wallace Falls this weekend. Notice his mom and him looking all naturally thin and me soft. though I do like this photo.

Here we are in March celebrating his mom's Birthday. Really not a fan of my arms in this one.. :(

This is my man in all his sexyness on our wedding day three years ago (OMG its been three years!!!)
Both of us together looking happy

And graduation because there was a large time gap between chimps and the wedding. the graduation MooMoo makes him look bigger in this one :D

Comparative photos of us in africa with chimps
him...
me...

This is us on our first Valentines day together we weighed the closest ever at this point I think I was only a few pounds heavier OMG guys I weigh 40 pounds more now!

Looking back... I think I look very similar with even with the 40 extra pounds. It all seems to have settled in my arms :(

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby thoughtreader » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Double post because adding quotes to all those photos seemed crazy :)
Mine is a nerdy jock. He plays and watches every sport there is and is in FOUR fantasy football leagues currently. But he has also seen Star Wars more times than I can count and can answer every trivia question in Fanboys. He is definitely a nerd mixed with a jock.
I guess chris would be a bit of a hybrid with all his book learning in the finance world. He is a total business/finance nerd.
Here's my real man:

I don't think you can classify him into any category. I do think he's in the running for "The Most Interesting Man in the World." Except he doesn't drink Dos Equis. Or any alcohol, for that matter.
He realy is getting close to owning this title...

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Teresa, my dear, never apologize for pictures. :D That was a great photo-journal type thing of you two. I honestly wasn't even noticing weight in them, just that you two look very happy together.

My boys before zero were all of the larger variety; taller and significantly heavier, though in one of the three cases, it was pure muscle, so he looked/was thinner than me. Of the four total in my life (including zero), two of them were athletic at least up to the high school level if not past, all of them were at least moderately into gaming, three were in band, three are white, I'd say three of them were/are smarter than me, and all of them were/are younger than me.

I'm pretty sure zero would only classify as a nerd, though. I am okay with that; I find his brains sexy...figuratively speaking. I've not seen them literally.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby thoughtreader » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:27 pm

That was a great photo-journal type thing of you two. I honestly wasn't even noticing weight in them, just that you two look very happy together.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Possible TMI:

I had the worst pains from what I thought was gas but never resolved itself in a gassy manner. But man, did it hurt. My pants felt way tighter than I've ever felt them and were pushing back on my mid-section, causing the pain to feel worse. It got to the point where I was considering asking the next person I saw, be it a coworker, parent or child to just jump on my gut until I felt the pressure go away.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:45 pm

I'm trying a new medicine for my yeast.

Nothing has been helping AT ALL lately, and the last 2 weeks have been especially miserable. The swelling, irritation and itching have been constant and pretty unbearable. I've switched soaps, toilet paper, increased my water intake, I go bottomless as night to air out, I use hydrogen peroxide and melaluca, etc, etc, etc. Nothing has been breaking this cycle. Yesterday at my OB appointment, I brought up the yeast issue again and she suggested something new!!

This cream has an antifungal AND a steroid to help with underlying chronic inflammation. This treatment is twice a day for 2 weeks, instead of just once a day for a week. I'm hoping with the extra medicine and the extra applications prescribed that I can clear this thing up for awhile!

(My poor husband is getting the serious short end of the stick with all of this!)

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 pm

I hope it helps!

I'm in a similar situation, though it's not yeast. Just chronic irritation for no known reason that the doctor can figure. Steroid cream is her only suggestion. :(

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:12 am

So far, this cream is working great! I still have another week on it and then the real test will be to see how the month goes after that.

But right now, I feel hopeful!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:42 am

Tomorrow, I introduce my vagina to a new man; pap smear at the OB/GYN. I'm kind of curious as to how it will go. I didn't mind my first male OB/GYN but he was also way more talkative and except for the weird feeling of a tool going inside me, it was hard to remember where I was. Kind of, anyway. This doctor seems quieter but still like a nice guy. We'll see, I guess.

Also, time to bring up other options for No Babies.

zeldagirl1234
Soldier
Soldier

Postby zeldagirl1234 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:22 pm

um so.. what to do when you love someone and he 1)kisses another girl WHO IS HIS 3rd COUSIN, but I stay with him, then he proceeds to act like I don't exist any time she's around, and goes to her house for hours, you know, because they are cousins. Help? I'm not going to let him go so don't suggest that please, but please help me with how to help myself not feel so 'ugh' about this situation?
When in need, you must be the savior to your kind. When not, you must conquer and take charge.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm not going to let him go so don't suggest that please
Oh, well...I've got nothing then. As I got older, I started to realize that anyone who wanted to be kissing other girls romantically, cousins or not, wasn't worth my time precisely because I couldn't figure out how to do this:
but please help me with how to help myself not feel so 'ugh' about this situation
I spent six very long years of my life interested in a guy who did go around kissing on many other girls and always "came back" to me and I was miserable for pretty much all that time. I didn't respect myself enough to say "This isn't love and this isn't right for me." I let him treat me like crap and kept acting surprised when it kept hurting.

So, my advice?

Don't just let him go; kick him to the curb.

But you don't want to do that and you won't do that until you realize for yourself that this isn't worth your time.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:52 pm

um so.. what to do when you love someone and he 1)kisses another girl WHO IS HIS 3rd COUSIN, but I stay with him, then he proceeds to act like I don't exist any time she's around, and goes to her house for hours, you know, because they are cousins. Help? I'm not going to let him go so don't suggest that please, but please help me with how to help myself not feel so 'ugh' about this situation?
In the words of Captain Awkward: Use your words.
If I am reading correctly and you are actually "with" this guy (as in, he's your boyfriend), then communication is important. Let him know you're not okay with him kissing other people (even 3rd cousins), but don't be passive-aggressive about it, be frank and honest.

Honestly, though, I really agree with what GD says. How to feel less "ugh" about the situation is to realize that you deserve better. You can't change anyone but yourself. If this is a guy who doesn't pay attention to you - YOU DESERVE BETTER. Any pain you go through now is worth it to not be with a guy who treats you like crap.

Let me use a metaphor: Say, you are in a room with an adorable baby tiger. He's so cute! He's so cuddly! But, unfortunately, it's a tiger, so it bites you. At first the bites are kinda cute, just nips here and there, but then they start to actually hurt. You think "But this tiger is so cute! I just want to play with it!" As time goes on, though, the tiger just keeps biting more and more. It's not so fun to be with that tiger. But you've formed an attachment to him, you like the tiger. "How do I resolve this situation?" You say to yourself. And here it is: GET OUT OF THE ROOM WITH THE TIGER.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

zeldagirl1234
Soldier
Soldier

Postby zeldagirl1234 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Thank you guys.. I guess I'll think about it some more (ehem, he's with her right now so he can't sway my thoughts) I'll try to come to decisions and talk to him. Thanks again
When in need, you must be the savior to your kind. When not, you must conquer and take charge.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:30 pm

I gotta say, I agree with them. I'm not sure there's a healthy way not to feel "ugh" about a situation in which you are being badly. Wish you all the best.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:08 pm

This cream has an antifungal AND a steroid to help with underlying chronic inflammation.
I just got prescribed this same thing. Hoping it works as well for me as it did for you!

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby thoughtreader » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Tomorrow, I introduce my vagina to a new man...

So how did it go??

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:28 pm

This cream has an antifungal AND a steroid to help with underlying chronic inflammation.
I just got prescribed this same thing. Hoping it works as well for me as it did for you!
I hope it works for you, too.

Right now, I'm afraid it's only going to be a symptom treater. I'm afraid the problem will just come back as soon as I go off of it. Best of luck to both of us!!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Tomorrow, I introduce my vagina to a new man...

So how did it go??
It was not my favorite visit to a doctor ever. I didn't even ask about sterilization because before the exam/discussion time even started, I felt kind of like an idiot.

[story]

When I arrived at the office (a few minutes late because my train was running late), the doctor wasn't there and although I had an appointment for their opening time, they were running behind. After a fair amount of sitting in the waiting room, they sent me to the exam room to do more sitting and waiting on the doctor. The nurse/assistant told me when he arrived, she'd let me know so I could undress at that point and not undress now and be cold/uncomfortable.

He eventually showed up, the nurse/assistant told me I could undress and she left the room. Going off my only experience, I completely undressed, since in AZ it was always pap smear and breast exam and then I was done for a year. So, I undressed entirely, Sat with the paper-y sheet they gave me covering my body, and waited for the doctor to come into the exam room.

When he did, before saying anything, he takes one look at me, then at the chair where my stuff is, then back at me and he's giving me this look like I'm deformed or the scariest/weirdest/most awful thing he's ever seen and tells me, "You're not supposed to remove all your clothing. If we wanted that, we would have given you a gown."

I felt so stupid, all I could think of to say was, "Sorry...that's just how we did it in my old office."

I wasn't showing anything; the sheet was big enough to cover breasts and vagina and most of my ass was covered by the act of me sitting on it.

He reached into the cabinet, got a gown, and basically unfolded it to make my getting into it happen faster, which made me feel worse about the whole thing.

Then, when we're going through the questions (Still don't smoke? "No" No breast cancer in the family? "Not that I know of, no." etc.), he does ask if I want a breast exam. Hell, I was already naked so why not?

After the questions are over, the nurse/assistant comes back in and we begin the exam. He starts with the breast exam (finally, something that happens like it did in AZ...); first the right, then the left, then the question "What pill are you on in the pack?", then a "Let me go back to the right."

I'm starting to panic a little at this point. In my mind, either he feels something that means cancer or he feels something that means lecherous baby in my womb, both of which sound frightening and unwanted and now I'm imaging a phone call or two needing to be made in either case involving me crying my eyes out and blabbering so much in the process that the other end doesn't understand and I'll have to tell it all over again, making me cry harder.

But, luckily he doesn't say I have either. No, instead he says "Your breasts are lumpy. Which is a variant that seems to be normal to you."

For whatever reason, I interpret this as "Your breasts are wrong" and I pretty desperately want to grab my things and just go.

Now, for whatever reason, the actual pap smear and external exam he does are the least physically discomforting pap smear/exam I've had but I didn't really care because I felt really embarrassed from the earlier stuff. When he asked if there was anything I wanted to talk about/had questions regarding, I said no so I could hightail it out of there.

[/story]

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:38 pm

I'm sorry that you felt so bad! I have lumpy breasts too! :)

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:59 pm

I have lumpy breasts too! This could possibly be the most interesting club ever... : P
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:12 pm

I have lumpy ones, too! (Though they usually say ”fibrous” tissue. But I want to be in your lumpy club! Haha!)

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:36 pm

*sings* She's Lump, she's Lump, she's in my head...

Ah, yeah. See, I didn't think it was all that uncommon and in fact thought that any breasts that were, well, at least somewhat sizable would be "lumpy." They're full of fatty tissue...but the way this doctor said it, it just sounded like something I should be concerned about. My previous OB/GYN handled it better by never saying anything, as if they were in fact normal, because I'm pretty sure they are.

Either way, I am honored to be lumpy with you ladies. Lumpy Ladies Club, now in session.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:42 pm

I have zero lumps. My gyn acts like I'm a purple zebra, and come to think of it, i've never examined a woman without lumps, so I think lumps are probably normal.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:47 pm

I suspect breasts are like tea that way - some people have theirs with and some without lumps o' sugar but they're always to the taste of the one partaking in them.

Yeah, that doesn't make a terrible lot of sense to me, either. Just go with it.

Also, your breasts are probably the size of my face, so I suppose it's not a have breasts vs. don't have breasts thing.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Oh lord, GD, I can't stop laughing. Also, tempted to try to hold a cup of tea in my cleavage now. :stoned:
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Return to “Milagre Town Square”