Girly Stuff

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:09 am

omg okay this doesn't have much to do with the whole conversation I'm sorry but I've been looking non stop for two hours don't ask why but has any one seen the post where I say my favorite smell is my violin??? by the way you look beautiful but yeah
Zelda, I hate to break it to you but I think you might be pregnant. You don't have a period.
The enemy's fly is down.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:11 am

omg okay this doesn't have much to do with the whole conversation I'm sorry but I've been looking non stop for two hours don't ask why but has any one seen the post where I say my favorite smell is my violin??? by the way you look beautiful but yeah
If you click the word "profile" under any of your posts, you can click on "view all posts by zeldagirl1234", shouldn't be too hard to find from there. Or you can use the search, but it is being wonky lately.

Oh and Brain?
IT'S A TRAP!
Kudos on being a walking stereotype.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

zeldagirl1234
Soldier
Soldier

Postby zeldagirl1234 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 pm

Zelda, I hate to break it to you but I think you might be pregnant. You don't have a period.
ha.ha. very. funny. >:P
When in need, you must be the savior to your kind. When not, you must conquer and take charge.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Dude, I'm like, 30. How long am I supposed to wait?
Longer, much longer. Just put your ovaries in an icebox, or whatever it is people do.

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:24 pm

stereotype is fine.. but i speak the truth. marriage is a horrible thing for men and they need to be warned. kids are cool and all, but they are a trap too.
Ubernaustrum

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:06 pm

:roll:

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Gotta say, I'm with Jan.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:26 pm

you would be.
Ubernaustrum

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:30 am

Josh has become our new single-Adam.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:31 am

Okay, question:

Does anyone know a medical reason that my period would shift from over a decade of 28-day cycles to suddenly about 21-day cycles, also completely regular? No changes in PMS, heaviness of flow, anything except that there are just more of them. I do not like it.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:29 pm

Josh has become our new single-Adam.
except that i'm not single. just bitter about marriage. ;)
Ubernaustrum

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:41 pm

I think she's saying that you're as bitter about relationships as Adam was when he was single.
-Kim

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:59 pm

oh, i like relationships. being in love is excellent. almost as good as sex. :P

i just think that women are out to get us. and marriage is a trap devised to torture us men. and married men are unfortunately either brainwashed or coerced into keeping the secret. but i make it a point to mention that it's a trap to all men i meet that are getting married.
Ubernaustrum

Caspian
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ducky Consort

Postby Caspian » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm sorry you're unhappy, Josh. Do you want to talk about it?
It's not "noob" to rhyme with "boob". It's "newbie" to rhyme with "boobie".

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:04 pm

I think she's saying that you're as bitter about relationships as Adam was when he was single.
This.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Okay, question:

Does anyone know a medical reason that my period would shift from over a decade of 28-day cycles to suddenly about 21-day cycles, also completely regular? No changes in PMS, heaviness of flow, anything except that there are just more of them. I do not like it.
I don't know other than women can go through changes over the years. I have had years where my period is a certain way and then it changes and is a totally different way for years. And that is without changing anything hormonally, etc. But it is worth mentioning to your ob/gyn next time you are in for your annual.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Open to all. Please answer the following to the best of your abilities:

1 A- How religious do you consider yourself to be (e.g. Not at all, somewhat, greatly...or anything in between the scale of not at all to greatly; explanations/clarifications are a-okay)?

1 B- If you are in a relationship, how religious does your partner consider themselves to be?

2 A-Are your parents still married if your parents ever did marry?

2 B-If you are in a relationship, are your SOs parents still married if they ever did marry?

Just to be fair, my answers would be 1A: Somewhere in between not at all and somewhat, but definitely never approaching greatly. 2A: No. 16 year marriage, ended in divorce.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Quite, likewise, yep, and yep.

I know, we're weirdos.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:44 pm

1 A- How religious do you consider yourself to be (e.g. Not at all, somewhat, greatly...or anything in between the scale of not at all to greatly; explanations/clarifications are a-okay)?

1 B- If you are in a relationship, how religious does your partner consider themselves to be?

2 B-If you are in a relationship, are your SOs parents still married if they ever did marry?

Just to be fair, my answers would be 1A: Somewhere in between not at all and somewhat, but definitely never approaching greatly. 2A: No. 16 year marriage, ended in divorce.
1A: In between somewhat and not at all also.

1B: Unsure/kinda, follows the traditions of her religion though.

2A: Married but separated.

2B: Yes

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:01 pm

1 A - Not at all.
1 B - Not at all.
2 A - Still married, going on 24 years.
2 B - Still married, going on 31 years.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:21 pm

1A - Somewhat. I consider myself to be Christian but I might better be described as an agnostic theist; someone who believes while acknowledging that no one can really know. I pray, and I want to believe that there is a God out there listening, but if I somehow found out for certain that there isn't it wouldn't shatter my world or anything.

1B - N/A

2A - Still married. 30+ years.

2B - N/A
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:31 pm

1 A- I'd say I'm somewhere between somewhat and greatly, though most others would probably classify me as greatly. I'll copy EL and go with quite.

1 B- Somewhat/undecided.

2 A- Yes, going on 29 years.

2 B- Biological parents never married. Parents who raised him got divorced after 14 years.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:50 pm

1A- Somewhat, I guess. I believe there's a higher power, but I have yet to find a church/faith that I feel comfortable in.

1B- ditto

2A- Yes, 26 years.

2B- Yes, 29 years.
-Kim

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:02 pm

1A: Spiritual but not religious? I believe there's something going on. Not quite sure what. I am also pretty new age-y, which I don't know if many people know about me. I suppose I believe in a god that's sort of a combination of my father, Santa Claus, Paul Bunyan, and the big bad wolf. I don't attend religious services of any kind.

1B: David is an atheist.

2A: My parents were married for 14 years and are currently divorced (my mother remarried and my father is in a long-term committed relationship with his live-in girlfriend).

2B: David's father committed suicide when he was three. His mother has been with her current husband for about a decade now, although they've only been married for the last three years. David considers Eric (his mom's husband) to be his step-father, and they are close.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:00 pm

1A - Very
1B - Very
We are both in the same religion, which occupies a central place in our life.

2A - Divorced and both are remarried (each for about 10 years)
2B - Married for 30+ years

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:15 am

1 a) Greatly - I would consider Christianity one of the most important/defining things in my life. It shapes everything about me.

1b) Paul is the same, and I wouldn't/couldn't have a partner who wasn't.

2 a) Yes, married almost 40 years. My mom used to tell me "This is what happily ever after looks like" to keep me grounded.

2 b) Yes, same, married 40 years.

Bean_wannabe
Soldier
Soldier
Title: I spy with my Fishy Eye
First Joined: 08 Nov 2007

Postby Bean_wannabe » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:49 am

1.a. Very much so. Actively involved in my church, have been for as long as I can remember.

1.b. N/A

2.a. Yup

2.b. N/A
"You're going to burn in a very special level of Hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:09 am

1A Not at all
2A Married 25 years.
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

fawkes
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: punk

Postby fawkes » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:15 am

1A Not at all.

1B Not at all.

2A Yes, 26 years.

2B Yes, 28 (?) years.
Step one, take off your shirt. Step two ... Step three, PROFIT!

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:30 am

If I may ask, is this survey just for general curiosity, or looking for a correlation between religion and faithfulness, or what?
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:22 pm

I don't think I asked the right (or enough) questions to draw any conclusions for that particular correlation or any correlations, most likely.

I'm not sure how much sense this is going to make, even with me trying to lay out the path my brain took, but bear with me.

Re: brain's "It's a trap" comments, I thought both sides were wrong and both sides were right, that the real answer is somewhere in between. Marriage/kids can be a trap and bad for either and/or both parties but it can also be good and healthy.

It got me thinking, besides former relationships or current ones, the things that might have some influence on how you felt about them in general.

I was wondering if having more or less faith in a higher being or having basically a relationship role model made it harder to get kind of bitter about that sort of thing. Adam, that damn absentee monkey, is at least somewhat religious, but angry towards certain religions, and his parents are still married but he was undeniably pretty bitter (like me!) about relationships when he wasn't in them.

Anyway, it just seemed to be related in my head. I can't prove anything or draw any real conclusions one way or the other from my questions but learning that stuff was interesting all the same.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: brain's "It's a trap" comments, I thought both sides were wrong and both sides were right, that the real answer is somewhere in between. Marriage/kids can be a trap and bad for either and/or both parties but it can also be good and healthy.

I think the key phrase he was missing was "can be". Sure it can be for some men, but obviously not for all.
And kids are a way different thing then marriage. I don't think kids should ever be referred to as a "trap".

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:21 pm

I think the key phrase he was missing was "can be". Sure it can be for some men, but obviously not for all.
I was cutting him some slack, considering his marriage may or may not be falling apart. People say less than intelligent things when hurt.

And kids are a way different thing then marriage. I don't think kids should ever be referred to as a "trap".
They shouldn't ever be put in that position or conceived with that intention, I will 100% agree with you there but kids are conceived/used in that way by adults sometimes and if you think referring to them as such (hopefully not to their face) changes the reality of things for those kids, you are very naive. This doesn't mean they can't be loved but sometimes kids are brought into this world for less than noble reasons.

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:51 pm

i'm glad i was able to be so thought provoking. i can't believe you all didn't realize i was mostly kidding... mostly.
Ubernaustrum

zeldagirl1234
Soldier
Soldier

Postby zeldagirl1234 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:44 pm

Open to all. Please answer the following to the...
1.a umm does being agnostic count as religion? I'm never sure..
1.b well i'm perfectly alright with everyone having their own beliefs, so I suppose it varies

2.a yes
2.b no relationship
When in need, you must be the savior to your kind. When not, you must conquer and take charge.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”