Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:20 pm

Oh man. I do remember when Tyler was born!
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:28 pm

Happy birthday to Tyler! (That is pretty unbelievable. Where did the time go?!)
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Bob,

I've had a sick headache all day. It won't stop. I'm getting hungry, too, but I don't know if I ought to be moving around or eating either one.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:51 pm

*hugs helen*
-Kim

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Bob,

I'm so stressed i'm sick to my stomach. Last week was horrible, and I swore this week HAS to be better, because it just has to, but it's gotten worse.

My car died. Like, completely died. It would cost more then the car is worth to get it fixed. I'm being written up at work for two other people's mistakes, and I have had a lot of unexpected expenses this past week so i'm pretty much really really broke.

Just... Meh : (

- Fred
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:49 am

:(

*many, big hugs for Twinny* I'll cross my fingers for things to turn around.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:27 am

I'm sorry, Fred. Stress like that really sucks. *hugs*
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:20 am

well bob, i'm off to my first court date for the divorce. i have very mixed feelings about the whole thing, but mostly just want it over with. and i feel a little nervous, which sucks.

and then i have to go to work.

wish me luck bob
Ubernaustrum

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:32 am

Bob,

Well, I'm off. Probably be lurking if I can for the next week.

JL
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:47 am

*hugs Fred*
Good luck, Joshy!! *hugs*
*Jan hugs* Good luck with the 2 kids on the trip. I hope you are able to get proper closure.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:51 am

Thanks guys. I'm feeling not so panicky anymore, which is good.

*hugs for Jan* I hope your flights go smoothly!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:49 pm

i'm off to my first court date for the divorce.
How'd it go?

Good luck, Jan.

Glad to hear things are feeling better, Fred.

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:51 pm

well, the court thing went pretty good. sounds like only one more court date and we're done.

and hey, i only had to work 5 hours today, which was great!

then when i got home i spent the rest of the night trying to fix my garage door because it's completely f******. i'll take a picture tomorrow. it's too messed up for words. and dangerous to boot. i haven't the slightest idea how i'm going to fix it.

then went to get subway. the girl who made my sandwich, whom i've been flirting with asked me if i wanted to go to riverfest. i wasn't sure how to respond cuz i was tired, and confused and surprised. but i had to say no. hopefully i get another chance cuz she's cute. :)
Ubernaustrum

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:50 am

Did you at least heavily imply or outright say you were interested but had to take a raincheck? I mean, an outright no would be discouraging for her, I'd think.

Good luck with the door, though, and it's cool that court went okay.

Oh, Steph. I meant to say happy birthday to Tyler yesterday but the problem with checking Pweb from work is I trick myself into thinking I respond to things or I tell myself to remember to respond when I get home and that doesn't always work. I remember a picture of you pregnant with him, so yeah, a bit crazy that he's a 1st grader.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Dear Bob,

Bleagh. Awful morning. Went to get some lunch, and about halfway through my hamburger, I started bawling really, really hard. So, a half-hour later, I found my car had taken me to the zoo. Where I wandered around for awhile until I felt better.

Yeah.

Unproductive? Yes. Helpful? Yes.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:41 am

Did you at least heavily imply or outright say you were interested but had to take a raincheck? I mean, an outright no would be discouraging for her, I'd think.
*sigh* no. i was so severely out of it from my day that it totally didn't register what she was saying to me until after i got home. i feel terrible about it too. cuz she was putting herself out there and i didn't catch it. i thought she was asking if i was going to go, not if i wanted to go with her. lol i'm an idiot. i should have known. she was blushing. like whole face blush. and being all "you're such a nice guy" what the hell josh. it's like, painfully obvious to me now in hindsight that even if i wasn't interested i would feel bad for not saying no in a better way.

luckily i know where she works. :P

i want to figure out a way to right the situation, while not being creepy (lets face it, she's a captive audience. it's kinda creepy to do more than lightly flirt with someone while they're serving you) i just have to figure out a way to do it. i'm kind of a no nonsense kind of guy. and it's probably a result from watching so many sitcoms as a kid, but i think it's better to address an issue head on rather than come up with some cockamamie scheme to cover up a problem in a half an hour. so what i'd really like to do is just say "hey, i was really out of it the other night, what were you saying about riverfest? cuz i'm interested" or just give her my number and leave the ball in her court. i'm open to suggestions, of course. cuz outright asking her out while she's taking my money seems kinda wrong to me. lol
Ubernaustrum

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 am

I, too, would probably say something along the lines of:

"Hey, I i wanted to apologize for the other night. I was really out of it and didn't really know what you were asking at first. So if you'd still like to go to riverfest, or do anything else, with me, here's my number."
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:32 pm

well, i don't think she holds it against me too much anyway, cuz while i didn't get to talk to her, i saw her this morning and she smiled and waved emphatically to me. i think she was happy to see me.
Ubernaustrum

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:08 pm

hey bob,
i thought my brother was doing better. okay, well not better really, but not seriously "crazy". I knew he was still wicked depressed but the mania was under control and stuff. but I'm pretty sure the delusions he had during the mania about this girl he liked when he was a kid (that he never had any kind of actual relationship with), are still quite present. i think he's just been able to keep quiet about the delusional things he is still thinking. he has joined facebook and has a huge list of quotes on his info page and it's all like a big love letter to her. i don't even know what to do about it. but geez. i don't think his therapist has any idea how bad he is. i'd like to print out his facebook page and give it to him. sigh...
Last edited by Luet on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:15 pm

Bob,

I am SO proud of myself today! I have brushed the ever-shedding mutt, scrubbed the shower (as in with baking soda paste scrubbed, not the cheating chemical crap), began a drywall repair, cooked a delicious lunch, dusted, did most of the laundry, vacuumed, scrubbed the downstairs sink and toilet, watered the flowers and dead-headed the petunias. I also bought a birthday gift, finally found an attractive door stopper for the bathroom, a new traffic rug for the living room, and purchased fruit. And Jared and I still had time for our Bible reading. I've been laying around for the last hour and a half just being proud of myself.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:25 am

Bob , We started harvesting last night , I miss driving combine and feel like I'm missing everything.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Hey bob n' pweb,

Sorry I have been slacking in posting lately. Tyler starts first grade tomorrow, so we've been trying to squish in as much as we can before the summer's over. Combine that with reading Les Mis and finishing up plans/last minute details for Prom on Friday and I just don't have much time lately. Maybe once Tyler's in school everyday I'll have more time to think! Love you all!!

Steph
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:51 am

Dear bob,

I'm bringing Zeus, my rescued beardie, to his new home tomorrow. I'm really going to miss him. I've only had him for a month but I've gotten really attached to him. He's such a sweetie. I hope that I picked a really good home for him. He deserves it after the awful early life he had. He and Pheeny have been flirting and courting every chance they get. I had a weak moment today where I briefly considered letting them mate, since it might be her only chance to have babies. But my responsible side took over and there will be no beardie mating happening. Anyway, farewell Zeus, live long and prosper!

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Bob,

You know what I hate about online dating? The rejection seems so much worse. I mean, I know I shouldn't care. But, I send a simple message to someone that I think I'd like to talk with, that I think I would get along with, and then I see them visit my profile and they never even reply. It's worse than being rejected when you ask someone out for a date. It's more like someone rejecting you before you even open your mouth, though not quite. It sucks. A lot.

Wil

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby mr_thebrain » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:55 pm

i prefer rejection online actually. its the face to face rejection that i don't like.
Ubernaustrum

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Dear Bob,

This has to be the most ridiculous forced resignation in the history of forced resignations. The cognitive dissonance is so intense. Because most people either believe (or pretend to believe) that I'm leaving due to the pregnancy, and the few people who know are playing along quite kindly. And my immediate supervisor -- who I know tried to stop it -- threw me a little farewell thingy this week, since she's going to be out of town next week. There was cake and cognitive dissonance.

Particularly when I was watching the people in management who I'm sure are responsible EATING MY FAREWELL CAKE and we were talking about where I could find nice baby bargains and they were acting like they f****** cared.

(ETA: And there was a plant. They gave me a plant.)

And tonight, my supervisor (the one who wanted me to stay) hugged me and told me to keep in touch and wanted to make sure I planned to bring the baby by.

Anyhow, I've said the majority of my good-byes this week. It's been rough. And a relief.

It's kind of amazing, though. The two days that I've been really distraught over this whole thing, um, well. Later on, I've seen a huge double rainbow in the sky. I've seen double rainbows, like, maybe twice in my entire life before this? And now they're everywhere. And, my god, we've been having a drought -- it's not like rain or cloudiness has been that common.
So, that makes me feel a little bit like someone's watching out for me. *shrugs*

My former fellow intern just let me know he was "shocked and disappointed" that our place would do this. And that kind of has me in tears.

There are a lot of people who love me, you know? I'm going out on good terms with a lot of people.

And s***** terms with other people. But good terms with the people who matter to me in a personal sense.
Last edited by starlooker on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

HectorVictorious
Launchie
Launchie

Postby HectorVictorious » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:06 pm

dear bob, i'm new and feel weird posting a journal entry on a forum, but i'm going to anyway. today was my first day of seventh grade and it sucked. I'm in all honors classes so none of my friends have the same classes as me. Also, i have a different scedule thanks to my honors classes, so i also don't have the same lunch or break time as any of my friends. I hate middle school, and wish i was dumber!

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:46 pm

dear bob, i'm new and feel weird posting a journal entry on a forum, but i'm going to anyway. today was my first day of seventh grade and it sucked. I'm in all honors classes so none of my friends have the same classes as me. Also, i have a different scedule thanks to my honors classes, so i also don't have the same lunch or break time as any of my friends. I hate middle school, and wish i was dumber!
I would like to offwer some word of encouragement, but I hated middle school, too. Actually, between 8 and 14 I was ugly, awkward, and miserable. At 14 I was no longer awkward, but it took me a little bit to stop being miserable. Unfortunately, I remain a little funny looking.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:38 am

i prefer rejection online actually. its the face to face rejection that i don't like.
I guess I can't really compare. I just don't like how they don't even bother to reply to messages. I mean, I understand that they get tens of messages every day from guys, but I put some real effort into my messages.

What I hate even more though is when a girl will reply once or twice then stop.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:32 am

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:26 am

Long messages, short messages. Messages about them, messages about me. Messages with questions, messages without questions. I've tried them all. *shrugs*

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:47 pm

How about the opposite problem; finding nice ways to reject women who contact you but you're not interested in?
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Today: Packing. Also, quickly meeting with the two people who are going to be my frontal lobe for the rest of the week.

Surreal.

I'm angry, and I'm sad, except for when I'm around the new interns. Them I chat with happily about my pregnancy and give them all of my extraneous child-therapist items for their new offices. And I am genuinely happy with them.

And then they leave and I'm am a sad, anxious, angry little mamaball.

Trying to decide whether to call it a day with or without contacting someone who was supposed to get in touch with me this afternoon.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Dear Bob/Pweb:

Back. WAY too much pweb to catch up on, including audio to listen to!
It was a good funeral, whatever "good" means in this case. There was quite a bit of drama with my Dad and his siblings surrounding the funeral, however. My Grandma was a huge packrat, so there was lots of stuff to go through and divide. My one aunt is very possessive of the nice jewellry and was being a big pain.
I really think that cleaning out someone's apartment and stuff shouldn't be done as soon as someone dies. They should have planned the funeral, dealt with the initial mourning of losing their mother, then when emotions weren't running nearly so high, go though all the stuff and deal with it then. It's a broken system.

But, in the end, nobody else wanted my Grandma's china, so that's mine. I was pretty surprised that I got it, but happy too. It will be nice to have an heirloom to pass down to my girls. Unfortunately, I can't take it to Newfoundland, so my parents are storing it until we have a more permanent location.

The flight went quite well, considering. Ginny doesn't get to watch much TV, so she was thrilled to just sit there and watch cartoons the entire time (the plane had TVs with the Treehouse channel).

JL
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Noodle
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pastamancer Tony
First Joined: 06 Feb 1916

Postby Noodle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Bob,

Long time. How have you been?

Bittersweet weekend this. Celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday with a fishing trip. I'be been on this trip before and it's always a blast. The problem lies in the fact that this is the first trip we've been on here since Gary died.

Memories are thick. I never was one for fishing but I went along because Gary always wanted me to. We took my dad along both times we went on this trip so understandably it's strange to be without both dads this time. We've got Angie's mom and both of Ryan's parents so there are plenty of parental figures along for the ride. But it's not the same.

Tomorrow we've conscripted the cap'n to take us out on the water after the fishing so we can spread Gary's ashes in lake Michigan. It's been two and a half years but this is bringing some closure. Poor Ryan, spreading the ashes of his father-in-law as part of the celebration for his 30th birthday, but he seems cool with it.

All that being said, we have the kids along and all of Angie's family here so of course it's a fun weekend. We have to do this together. It is something we just have to do.

As always, thanks for listening.

Mitch/Noodle
Co-Founder of the Canadian Alliance

I'm known as Tony on the internet.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”