Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:01 am

Bob,

my entire life I've gone through waves of patience and impatience, often fluctuating violently within short spans of time. whether it's over career, school, relationships (ahh Genette, by rights Bob should have heard a LOT more about you, lol), exercise/weight loss, projects, ambitiions or dreams. I am often not in tune with what I need at the moment, whether it's to finish a script, focus on work, or dream about being a director. hilariously I think my, "I want it to happen now, in THIS way," attitude would be helpful as a director, but it's not tremendously helpful as an assistant editor, or with thoughts regarding a genette or a sara for example. I sort of need a recalibration to focus on what matters, continuing to take the steps to get to where I ultimately want to be. I occasionally lurch another step down that path, but often I am just idle in that respect, preferring to think about it rather than do something about it. I need to think less and do more. I sort of hope that I can do that.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:53 pm

Dear Bob: I am writing from my phone in my bedroom, so please forgive formatting. Just got back from a surprise root canal. Many more dental appointments in the near future, if i can afford them. Much pain. Boyfriend is filling script for Lortab. I know lots of people get hooked on it so i'm really hopeful that it's good stuff. Much more to follow.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:24 pm

*hugs Kirsten* Popsicles and jello for you!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Hector.Victorious
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hector.Victorious » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:35 pm

Bob,

I'm scared. My Dad is suffering from severe pain in his neck and the doctors say that it's just a stretched muscle. if it's just a muscle, why is he in so much pain? It's not fun to be in the same house with someone who walks around moaning all day. What do I do, just ignore it or beg him to see another doctor?

Em
"Killing Buggers was not homicide."
"No, I guess it was insecticide."

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Dear Bob,

I need to write to you, because if I don't take a break from marking, I'm going to end up scrawling "CITATION, YOU STUPID f***" all over a student's paper, and I'm told that's unprofessional. Or maybe it would be "FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, A CAPITAL LETTER." This one's vying for the bottom of the pile, Bob. Dreadful.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Dear Bob,

My best friend is in the hospital again. That's two times in under three months. She's been sick the entire time I've known her, but never this sick. I'm scared. And I miss her.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Today sucks, Bob.
My puppy is dying. Okay--he's not a puppy. He's over 11 years old. But I've been crying since I got home from school. I haven't spent all that much time with him recently, but he's still been around for over half my life. I don't know what's wrong with him, but he stopped eating and will hardly move any more. My dad got him to eat a bit of lunch meat this morning, but he threw it up. It's probably just old age, but I can't help but feel like I should have done something. Probably still could--it might just be some silly stomach bug or something. But I don't know. My parents don't seem to eager to rush him to a vet (they doubt it would help at this point). He doesn't seem to be in much pain. Maybe I should just let him go.
:( But I'm gonna miss him.

eta: We took him to the vet. They couldn't tell us what was wrong, and weren't even sure he'd make it through the night, he was so sick. We asked them to put him down, and I didn't stay to watch. :cry:
Last edited by LilBee91 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:37 pm

Today sucks, Bob.
My puppy is dying. Okay--he's not a puppy. He's over 11 years old. But I've been crying since I got home from school. I haven't spent all that much time with him recently, but he's still been around for over half my life. I don't know what's wrong with him, but he stopped eating and will hardly move any more. My dad got him to eat a bit of lunch meat this morning, but he threw it up. It's probably just old age, but I can't help but feel like I should have done something. Probably still could--it might just be some silly stomach bug or something. But I don't know. My parents don't seem to eager to rush him to a vet (they doubt it would help at this point). He doesn't seem to be in much pain. Maybe I should just let him go.
:( But I'm gonna miss him.
Our dog died yesterday :(
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:10 pm

Why does everything seem so difficult?
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:29 pm

*hugs* to LilBee and Elf

Sorry for your puppies.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:48 am

Oh, Bob.

I feel terribly guilty for being so weak when it mattered most. I could have said no more forcefully and it would have been accepted.

My mom is temporarily the manager for her department at the library and is getting a temporary pay increase to match. Stressed from work and my siblings and me, she decided she deserved a laptop as a reward, as she's been wanting one for years. She put me in charge of looking for her, and I found one I thought she'd love. She did. Then she told me I'm getting one, too.

Mixed emotions there. I have never, not ever had a brand new computer. I've always bought the family computer off my mom or bought my brother's old ones off him so that they could put the money towards their new computers. Of course I wanted to get one.

But, I don't deserve it and I don't need it. And that money could be used for something way more important. Also, I just got done complaining to both my parents about my brother wasting money on a laptop when he owes money to everyone under the sun.

She bought it for me anyway. Told me happy early birthday. Expected me to be excited. Mostly, I feel like a big, spoiled brat...which I officially am, if I wasn't already one before.

*sigh* If she knows me at all, which I sometimes wonder at, she knows I'm just adding the cost to the tab and will be paying her back for it first chance I get. If she'd let me get rid of my cell, I could pay it off next week and put the rest of my money towards her car. But I mention letting that lapse when my contract is up and she starts to have a fit and says she'll pay for it if I even think of letting it lapse.

I'm seeing what my brother meant when he said she treats me differently.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Dear Bob, Today I just wanted to cry to you about winter dragging on , and how Bad I want to take my boat out fishing , or how nice it would be to spend a sunny day at the gun club. But looking at this thread I see a lot of p-webbers are really having s***** days and I better just buck up! So Bob would you please ignore me today and look after the rest of these guys. Better luck next week :roll:

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Dear Bob,

I feel ill, right now. I think I know why, though... I am feeling alone and insecure. I think some part of me, every now and then, really really wants someone to protect me and keep me safe. And right now I don't have that. And I think that's part of why I find myself attracted to guys when I'm not around her... she makes me feel safe and gives me someone to protect in turns, but when I'm alone it's just me and there is neither someone to protect nor someone to protect me. I'm just me, and it's a scary thing. I get the feeling that I should talk to my counsellor about this, but I don't want to, because it means acknowledging to someone that I find boys attractive. And while I can acknowledge that to a few people, it's not that many and it's not often comfortable...

I just wish I weren't alone right now and wish she were here... Then we could keep each other safe
The password is "guilty"

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:00 am

Bob,

Well, I get my first two wisdom teeth out today and I kind of wish they were just doing all four at once. The reason they said they usually do all at one time at oral surgeons is because of the use of general anesthesia, which carries enough risks to warrant using it as few times as possible. But since I'm just getting novocaine, they prefer to do it two at a time. But I'm worried it will be awful and then I'll have to dread the other two. Oh well, I'm just anxious and complaining.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:26 am

*hugs Nom*

I'm getting my second root canal tomorrow. We can be sore and hurty together, at least.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Bob,

Well, I get my first two wisdom teeth out today and I kind of wish they were just doing all four at once. The reason they said they usually do all at one time at oral surgeons is because of the use of general anesthesia, which carries enough risks to warrant using it as few times as possible. But since I'm just getting novocaine, they prefer to do it two at a time. But I'm worried it will be awful and then I'll have to dread the other two. Oh well, I'm just anxious and complaining.
I love that they took all four of mine at once, because there was no way I would want to go though that a second time! It went pretty smooth though, and I was eating soup by the end of the day.

It was the best feeling in the world after they were gone and I was healed up.

*sends good wishes*
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:31 pm

*hugs Nom*

I've had a lot of oral surgeries with just novocaine. It's not so bad, really, especially if you bring an ipod with the small headphones or something to distract you through the process.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:29 pm

*hugs Nom*

I've had a lot of oral surgeries with just novocaine. It's not so bad, really, especially if you bring an ipod with the small headphones or something to distract you through the process.
its more fun to watch all the thingies being poked into your mouth if you're a thingy-person.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:06 pm

Thanks for all the good wishes and hugs, guys. I had my eyes squeezed shut for most of it, so I didn't see all the thingies. The bottom right tooth had one root break off and he really had to work at getting it out (with a drill and all). That took about 20 minutes. The top one came out in like a minute. The bottom one ended up needing one stitch. The major bleeding didn't stop for about 2-3 hours. He gave me a script for Tylenol 3, which to my surprise is THREE times the strength of my regular codeine. Wow. So far, I'm taking my regular strength stuff and saving the Tylenol 3 for bedtime. I've eaten cottage cheese, rice pudding, chocolate pudding and lukewarm creamed soup.

The doctor was so nice and even called tonight around 6pm to check on me!

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:26 pm

I've actually never heard of anyone getting them out in two goes, and all of my friends have had their wisdom teeth out. My dentist took mine out. It was really clean and easy, too, so I recovered in just a few days.

I hope yours home-time goes as well as mine did!
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:53 pm

My father had just two out, and never went back to get the other two out because he developed dry socket.

I had mine out just about five weeks ago, all four at once, and they knocked me out for it. It's weird, the first few weeks, because food tends to get caught in the holes left in your gums. But, I'm totally glad I had them taken out. :D

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:45 pm

Thanks for all the good wishes and hugs, guys. I had my eyes squeezed shut for most of it, so I didn't see all the thingies. The bottom right tooth had one root break off and he really had to work at getting it out (with a drill and all). That took about 20 minutes. The top one came out in like a minute. The bottom one ended up needing one stitch. The major bleeding didn't stop for about 2-3 hours. He gave me a script for Tylenol 3, which to my surprise is THREE times the strength of my regular codeine. Wow. So far, I'm taking my regular strength stuff and saving the Tylenol 3 for bedtime. I've eaten cottage cheese, rice pudding, chocolate pudding and lukewarm creamed soup.

The doctor was so nice and even called tonight around 6pm to check on me!
mine did too!!! also, load up on ice cream and jello....its a great excuse, and enjoy the sleepiness brought on by the super-strength stuff. They gave me hydrocodone, which is basically like small doses of morphine in a pill.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:10 am

Seriously?

Hydrocodone was awful! And I was so hopeful, because I know of so many people hooked on it/have it stolen from them/etc. I was like, "Yay! Good stuff!"

It did NOT knock me out -- two benedryl would have done better.

It did NOT even touch the pain!

It did, however, make me dizzy and nauseous.

That night, when I was starving, having only had some yogurt since breakfast, I went to eat some soup. I was SO hungry. And the second I started to eat it I got sick to my stomach, broke out into a cold sweat, and had to go lie down. That combination feeling, "I need to eat!" and "I can't eat or I'll die!" is not something I particularly care for.

Actually, I wonder if I might be allergic.

Hopefully he'll prescribe something today that actually works for me. We'll see.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:37 am

Yes, you are most likely allergic to codeine. I would ask for some other type of pain medication. Yikes! It does make me slightly nauseated if I take it on an empty stomach but otherwise it's fine. I usually only take it one day a month for my endometriosis.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:38 am

That night, when I was starving, having only had some yogurt since breakfast, I went to eat some soup. I was SO hungry. And the second I started to eat it I got sick to my stomach, broke out into a cold sweat, and had to go lie down. That combination feeling, "I need to eat!" and "I can't eat or I'll die!" is not something I particularly care for.
It made me throw up once, and it was only because I hadn't eaten enough before taking it, so when I did eat, I got really nauseous, but other than that, I didn't even take them as frequently as was allowed, because I didn't need to. Most days 1 pill would have me feeling fine for 6 or 7 hours, and feeling VERY sleepy for 2 or 3 of that.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:49 am

Dear Bob,

I'm reading LITTLE WOMEN again for the 8 millionth time.

This weekend I think I'm going to ask David to move in with me. To hell with everything else.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:33 pm

This weekend I think I'm going to ask David to move in with me. To hell with everything else.
Woo, good luck! That's the spirit!

Row--row.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:09 pm

Seriously?

Hydrocodone was awful! And I was so hopeful, because I know of so many people hooked on it/have it stolen from them/etc. I was like, "Yay! Good stuff!"
Kirsten, I'd refuse to take the hydrocodone. I react weirdly to it, too, and I refuse it and anything derived from it. (Which can be hard.)

It makes me cry uncontrollably. It's... not good.
-Kim

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Bob,

Holy **** on a **** sandwich with **** on top. I've received it and I'm **** terrified, for some reason. Maybe I'm in fear of growing up?

Also, why do I always mess around with my brain even though it's never gonna happen?

~Me
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:32 am

Bob,

It's strange, the things that pop into my head at night when I'm trying -quite desperately- to fall asleep. My latest f***-ups, my family, life, the past.

My brother and niece are leaving at 4am for Phoenix so he can spend some time with my older nieces before he checks himself into the hospital. He'll be there for a week, I think they said. As glad as I am that he's going and will be out of my hair, I'm happier that he's taking care of his arms. They are unnaturally black from the infection, so this procedure is much needed. The downside is, our newest roommate will still be here and she announced she will be sitting in front of the TV once my niece is gone. Great.

In other news...Isla should be here on Monday. That's something I could get excited about.

And my mom rented this movie for me that was so awful, I loved it to pieces. I felt like my 3 year old self watching Girls Just Want To Have Fun or my 8 year old self watching Teen Witch for the first time. It was just one of those stupid but endlessly fun movies that you shouldn't like but do anyway.

Really, Bob, I just had to tell you how foolish I've been feeling and acting. It's insane, the way my dissatisfaction and stress manifest themselves, and I'm left scratching my head wondering what and why I'm doing and saying the things I am.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:38 am

Dear Bob,

David bought me flours!!!!!!
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:24 pm

Dear Bob,

Without even clicking the link, I'm going to hazard that you linked to my favorite part of one of my favorite movies.

Row--row.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Dear Bob,

I love your boyfriend. Way to have caught such a good one. ;)
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:11 am

Hey Bob,

For the first time in such a long time I feel quite content. Not fake content, but... really just content. I have no plans, I have no real track. I've picked a direction and am just rolling with it. I am losing weight by being so active without really having to work out. I'm eating quite well without having to try. I'm focusing on school, but not so much that it feels like work. I find myself attracted to a woman who is a fair bit older than myself (read: 7 years, 1 month), and I doubt it will go anywhere, but I'm simply enjoying this feeling of liking someone and not thinking it over too much. I've been spending more time with my cousins and their family, and I've found that I'm quite good with kids. I've noticed myself become more comfortable just being myself, and not really thinking about trying to be what others want me to be or really caring what anyone else thinks.

I am as close to happy as I've been in a very long time.

With that said, I hate seeing other people being so sad and me being unable to help them through it. Sure, I can talk to them, help them take their mind off of things, and just in general be a distraction... but I really feel bad when others feel bad. I wish they could just be happy!

Be happy, everyone!

Wil

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:59 pm

Bob,

I'm starting to get depressed. I really have no reason to be. I have a pretty good life right now. Honestly, I don't really have anything to complain about here, but I'm going to anyways.

I'm living in stateside again. I don't know for how long, only that by May I will be back. The amount of work I've done since I got here last Monday is the equivalent of...4 hours worth? 3 of those hours were sitting in on interviews my boss was performing, purely because I wanted to. It's BORING. I barely leave my apartment, sleep however long I want, and spend my days playing video games and watching downloaded TV shows. That's why I'm getting depressed; but it's cold out, and I'm on call, so I need to be on the ready should any call come in during the day. Thankfully I do get paid for being here on call...

Things with Angela are going pretty well, despite the departure to Ohio. She's not everything I want, and I'm okay with that. In my experience, that may well be exactly what I need. Or not, but only time will really tell that. I'm getting really frustrated, though, by her past. Not because of things that she's done in her past, but because she won't tell me. I cannot count the number of times she's brought up some event in her life only to say that she'll tell me about it later. At one point she tells me that my mom had told Angela that she needs to tell me about some part of it, and that she'll tell me next time she sees me. Well, the next time she saw me was an inopportune time and it never came up, so the next opportunity that I thought would be appropriate I came out and asked her what it was she needed to tell me, and again got shut down. I try very hard to accept that, that traumatic experiences would be very difficult to vocalize; and I also try very hard to believe that whatever she hasn't yet told me wouldn't change anything between us. The longer this goes on, and the more times she mentions something else she can't (or won't [yet]) talk to me about...the more I second guess myself. The more I question what I'm doing with her, or whether letting my walls down with her is a good idea.

The other day we were texting each other and in a very backwards and safe way she admitted to me thinking about using the L bomb with me. I brought it on - again in a very backwards way in that I really didn't expect the conversation to go quite that way - but I recognize the signals that I sent to entice it. To be honest, I've thought it too. I can't, though; if only because of all these unanswered questions I have. In addition to the aforementioned secrecy, I've noticed quirky things that she does, and I've asked her about them only to be greeted by the same stonewall. She's very open with me about most things, but there's a big part of her that's safeguarded by a damn big castle, and I can't even get across the moat. I expect her to drop that L bomb, unprevoked, sometime in the near future, and I don't yet know how to handle it. I don't want to pressure her into something she's not ready for, but I can't start throwing that around when she keeps saying things that make me feel like I hardly know her. I know I'll tell her that I can't do that now; but I don't yet know how to express why not.

The whole situation keeps me up at night; which really isn't so bad considering that I don't have any work to get up for in the morning or anything yet, but when I spend my entire day doing practically nothing, every little thing grates on my sanity.

We shall see, I guess.

--Cam
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Return to “Milagre Town Square”