Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Femme Fatale

Postby ValentineNicole » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:18 am

Bob,
2 people told me in two days that they hate me. Mind you, they're both assholes, but I loved them both once. I'm on such a rocky, unstable path as is. Will that just push me over?[/code]

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:58 am

dear bob,

i had a little vignette of a dream just before i woke up this morning and it was enough to ruin my entire day.

i've been so much better lately, and now all this nonsense with H is driving me mad. if this were a pre-victorian era i'd shake her till she saw some sense. it's partly my fault for letting old wounds fester. i've got to quit doing that.

i'm apprehensive about my birthday. i feel old. i know it's just today, but everything feels wrong and frustrating.

and i hate every single Anthropologie in New York City for refusing to stock anything above a 6. thanks for making me feel morbidly obese. 'cause i'm NOT.

blah!
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:09 pm

Bob,
I'm so sick of being so sentimental. All summer I've been waiting to go back to school, I miss school, I hate being bored and working all the time now. And now I feel like summer is ending when its barely half way through, and I'm starting to want to stay home forever. I'm dreading going back to school. I hate that I'm never happy where I am.
-Claire

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:05 am

Dear Bob,

I had a long and serious talk with my supervisor yesterday. I've found that after having long and serious talks with people, I become rather grumpy for 24 hours following. And sleepy.

It's really funny, Bob. All these years of dealing with people around my "issues" and it is still, still, still very hard to get the words out. Especially when talking to people who have some sort of power in the situation. Do I trust her? Yes, obviously, or I wouldn't have been trying. Did I feel like it was relevant to my supervision? Again, yes, obviously. Important in my ability to properly care for my patients? Yup. Very. And have I spoken about it since the most recent incident? Yes, to a couple of friends and my advisor/on-campus supervisor. And my therapist.

My friend now and then instructs me to put myself in "the imaginary world where people communicate directly." I was having some difficulty with that. To put it mildly. When it came time to talk about it, when I had planned to talk about it, wow, did I try to avoid it. First by asking a very intellectualized version of the question as a general issue. Which she, of course, answered eloquently and then asked (as expected), "Any reason in particular you're asking?" At which point, I began to answer all closed questions with "yes/no" responses. Which is childish and passive aggressive. However. And then, finally, when there were no more questions to answer, I just was silent for like five minutes trying to make myself talk.

And then I talked.

It's just funny how there are a few subjects that will cause my throat to seize up and my mind to go -- not exactly blank, but useless. All sorts of things spinning around, none of which I want to say.

So, a long awkward silence. Which was awkward, and not funny. As opposed to when I was asking a former professor whether she thought that therapy would actually be worthwhile for me. That was funny. "Do y--? " Stop. Pause, try again. "I mean, do yo---" "Damnit, do y--" And I could get no further. Finally, she's like, "Do I think what?" And I managed to spit it out. After a lot more stumbling.

That was funny in its way. This was more painful.

It was a risk for me, after all. As she has never, ever pried into my personal life -- or even, really, asked about it in the realm of her prerogative to.

This is actually somewhat irritating for me, as she is rather laissez-faire about supervision, and I am aware that at the stage of development I am in, while I want a laissez-faire supervisor, what I actually need is someone a bit more hands on. However, that is not the point.

So, eventually, I spit it out.

I hate, hate, hate walking to someone's office or classroom or whatever in order to talk to them. Because I start having flashback-y type things on the times that I've done it before. And that makes it much, much, much harder for me to talk, because I'm having to push words past a mental block that I created many years ago in order to protect myself. It's different if the subject happens to come up, spontaneously. Planning to talk about it makes actually talking about it impossible.

Well, obviously not impossible, per se, as I did manage to do it, right?

Right.

Good for me.

*sighs*
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:32 pm

Dear Bob,

The breathing tube is out. I want to dance for joy.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:14 pm

Glad to hear it, Ali! *hug*
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:33 pm

Bob,
Its finally cherry tomato and corn season. Blackberries will be ripe later this week, blueberries probably next week-ish, and peaches and plums only have a couple more weeks to go. My favorite foods fresh and an arms length away. I am soooo happy right now.
-Claire

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:30 pm

Dear Bob,

My face is a wreck. Not really, I guess, for which I should be grateful. Nothing broken or anything. Just blue-purple-red bruises on the right side of my forehead. And all around my right eye. And on the bridge of my nose. And on my right shoulder and legs. And a couple of minor cuts. It hurts to wink. Or blink. Or brush my hair.

I'm looking forward to telling people I was in a bar fight, just because I think it'll be funny. In actuality, it was a boating accident. The person who was driving feels a lot worse about it than I do. I was sitting, not quite in the front, but close and she was playing around, and I should've been sitting in the back -- however, I did not realize this. So, despite the fact that I was hanging on, she made a really, really sharp turn at approximately a lot of miles per hour and before I knew it, I was on the floor on the other side of the boat yelping, "Ouch ouch ouch it hurts" and hoping to God I didn't have brain damage from slamming into the side of a fiberglass boat. (The two most tender, swollen bruises on my head, oddly enough, don't really show.) And then the girl who was driving was there helping me to sit up and I realized that she was scared to death and I had better stop yelping or people were gonna think I was seriously hurt.

And the rest of the trip she couldn't look at me without wincing.

I HATE it when other people feel guilty on account of me.

Anyways, so now I look like I'm in an abusive relationship. Great.

Oh well. I went swimming for the first time in years and years and it was great, and I wouldn't have gone or had nearly as much fun if it weren't for said boat driver, who I love. My biggest disappointment is that we didn't really get to talk since every chance we had to was spent with me saying, "It's okay. I'm fine. Really." I wanted to cry when we got to shore, but couldn't, because I knew it would make her feel worse.

Eeps.

Then her husband took me and my boyfriend out later for a wild ride. And it was all fun until he got a lot of water in the boat (on purpose) and had me and boyfriend crawl up front to try to balance it and I started freaking out, because, it turns out I've developed a minor phobia of being towards the front of a boat when it's going at any type of speed. I was trying not to show that I was freaking out, but I couldn't help it and I had a few tears that just would not be held back. And then he got all apologetic and I was like, "No, damnit, I want my ride," but he ignored this and we took on a few kids at the dock and I got to go on a baby ride.

Sitting in the back, of course.

*sighs*

Damnit.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:55 pm

Bob,
Friday was pay day, only, I didn't get paid. Weird, since I could almost swear that I checked and double checked my paperwork last July to make absolutely sure I checked the 26 payment option versus the 24. The difference being getting paid year round and getting paid just for the school year. I have been sweating over it since Friday when it should have posted by nine the night before (midnight Eastern time) and won't hear anything until tomorrow earliest. I suspect they'll tell me I have the school year option, though I've done the math and no matter which way I manipulate all the numbers, that won't match what it should be...just like the 26 option wouldn't match either. I'll technically be just fine if I don't get paid this month...it'll just mean I have to be extremely careful with my money. And I'll have to get rid of a pretty nice cushion I've managed to set up for myself in order to keep on schedule with car payments. I've told myself over and over again not to worry so much because it can get cleared up somehow, maybe, but that's not really doing me any good. Meh. I hate being an adult sometimes. Or most of the time, but that's a whole other post.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Oliver Dale
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Trapped in the Trunk!

Postby Oliver Dale » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:18 pm

Dear Bob,

My face is a wreck. Not really, I guess, for which I should be grateful. Nothing broken or anything. Just blue-purple-red bruises on the right side of my forehead. And all around my right eye. And on the bridge of my nose. And on my right shoulder and legs. And a couple of minor cuts. It hurts to wink. Or blink. Or brush my hair.

I'm looking forward to telling people I was in a bar fight, just because I think it'll be funny. In actuality, it was a boating accident. The person who was driving feels a lot worse about it than I do. I was sitting, not quite in the front, but close and she was playing around, and I should've been sitting in the back -- however, I did not realize this. So, despite the fact that I was hanging on, she made a really, really sharp turn at approximately a lot of miles per hour and before I knew it, I was on the floor on the other side of the boat yelping, "Ouch ouch ouch it hurts" and hoping to God I didn't have brain damage from slamming into the side of a fiberglass boat. (The two most tender, swollen bruises on my head, oddly enough, don't really show.) And then the girl who was driving was there helping me to sit up and I realized that she was scared to death and I had better stop yelping or people were gonna think I was seriously hurt.

And the rest of the trip she couldn't look at me without wincing.

I HATE it when other people feel guilty on account of me.

Anyways, so now I look like I'm in an abusive relationship. Great.

Oh well. I went swimming for the first time in years and years and it was great, and I wouldn't have gone or had nearly as much fun if it weren't for said boat driver, who I love. My biggest disappointment is that we didn't really get to talk since every chance we had to was spent with me saying, "It's okay. I'm fine. Really." I wanted to cry when we got to shore, but couldn't, because I knew it would make her feel worse.

Eeps.

Then her husband took me and my boyfriend out later for a wild ride. And it was all fun until he got a lot of water in the boat (on purpose) and had me and boyfriend crawl up front to try to balance it and I started freaking out, because, it turns out I've developed a minor phobia of being towards the front of a boat when it's going at any type of speed. I was trying not to show that I was freaking out, but I couldn't help it and I had a few tears that just would not be held back. And then he got all apologetic and I was like, "No, damnit, I want my ride," but he ignored this and we took on a few kids at the dock and I got to go on a baby ride.

Sitting in the back, of course.

*sighs*

Damnit.
I know I'm not supposed to giggle or even comment, really, about a Bob post, but I wanted to say that this seems like a very healthy (and humorous) retelling of a crappy situation. Thanks for that and I hope you feel better soon.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:04 am

Bob,

I'm running on three hour of sleep and don't see any coming tonight. I really don't mind though, i'm having a great two days.

- me
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ValentineNicole » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:51 pm

1. A semi hit my car. With me in it. On the highway.
2. Grandma still sick.
3. My apartment was robbed.
4. Ex-boyfriend AND ex-fiance within a year.
5. Private rant.
6. Private rant caused me to gain 20 pounds.

I'm SO done with this stupid "life" game.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:29 pm

I know I'm not supposed to giggle or even comment, really, about a Bob post, but I wanted to say that this seems like a very healthy (and humorous) retelling of a crappy situation. Thanks for that and I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks :) I feel mostly better, except my back and neck keep hurting.

Oh, I didn't even tell the best part :)

So, as I was sitting there trying to stop yelping, the pontoon with the menfolk and kids pulls up along side us to make sure everyone's okay. B (boat driver) and her sister T and I all tell them to go ahead, go on to the sandbar, we're fine, we'll be along in a few minutes.

So, they go on and leave us in the middle of a very large lake.

I say, "Let's go," and B tries to start the boat.

Operative word, "Tries."

The boat will not go into neutral and start. Just refuses. Revs and won't turn over.

Pause.

She tries again. She tries moving the throttle all over the place and it won't start. I try it. T tries it. No dice. We try to call the other boat on its cell phone and can't get service.

So, meanwhile, they're freaking out and I'm looking at the sky and thinking it's a lovely day and making pictures out of clouds.

I had brought four beers onto the boat, since we were going to be meeting the fellas at the sandbar and I figured one each and one extra would last us. However, we've all drunk our one each. So I ask if I can have the last one. They look at my banged up head and say, yeah, sure, I'm entitled to it.

So I twist off the cap, take a swig, and immediately spit it out into the lake. The beer was hot. Not mildly warm. It was like drinking beer flavored tea.

Upon recovering from the initial shock, I proceeded to drink the rest of it.

And then I promptly decided the boat was named Alice.

So there we are, three women and a boat named Alice, floating in the middle of Pelican Lake. B is talking about how her husband will never let her live this down, and T is annoying her with stupid comments, and both of them are annoying me by freaking out about what if we drift into a dock. I am feeling oddly mellow. So, I propose to them that we give the engine five minutes and in the meantime try to enjoy the day. (Yeah, I'd hit my head pretty hard.) So they start bitching at each other, and I interrupt and loudly say, "So, if you could meet one person in the entire world, living or dead, who would it be?" And then we talk about that for awhile.

And then, lo and behold, the boys finally (about half an hour later) notice we're missing and call the cell phone. We tell them where we are, and they agree to come back. However, sadly, at this point the boat is about to drift into docks on the opposite shore. So, since T has trouble climbing into the boat when she gets out, I volunteer to jump out and push the boat. B's take on this, "You do realize that you should just be laying down right now, right?" However, there's no one else to do it. So, B and I jump out and try very hard to push the boat against the current out to the middle of the lake. However, it won't steer and it won't push, and we're just wasting our time.

Finally, finally, finally, before we hit shore (but close enough to shore to see the smug looks on the faces of the people sitting outside) the pontoon arrives and tows us back. However, before we get back, B accidentally loosens the tow rope. So we have to push the boat in. My boyfriend tells me just to sit in the boat. However, I am thoroughly, thoroughly sick of the damn boat at this point. So, I take off my lifejacket and jump over the side to swim to ths shore. Upon jumping out I realize my new sunglasses, bought expressly for the purpose of this trip, are still perched on my head. So I try to toss them back onto the boat.

Miss. Sunglasses now waiting at the bottom of Lake Pelican for an archaeologist of the future to find.

Figures.

So, of course, after we get the boat into dock, B's husband tries to start it and -- first try. Starts like magic.

Alice is a true, honest to god bitch.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:46 am

Dear Bob,

MAKE IT STOP.

Haha, guess where I spent the night? Yeah, same room, even.

f***.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:50 pm

Dear Bob,
[Linus Torvalds] accused the Free Software Foundation leadership [...] of injecting their personal morality into the laws governing open source software with the release of GPLv3.
YES. THANK YOU. Although I would argue that the GPLv2 does this as well, it's nice to see Linus giving some weight to this viewpoint.

Edit: Hm, okay, on further looking into it, that quote doesn't exactly represent what was said very well. It's still in the general spirit of what I meant, though (limiting what a person can do with code "in the name of freedom").

-me
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:13 pm

I think people who spend their time analyzing the differences between versions of a software release license need less free time on their hands :-D

Dear Bob,

If you asked me a year ago...6 months ago....1 month ago....where I'd be or who I'd be I could never possibly give you anything that has come of my life. I'd be married, living in tennessee a year ago. I'd be dead, with my wrists slit 6 months ago. I'd be depressive and alone 1 month ago.

So anyways, I end up finding an old friend from public school on facebook a while ago. I add her and she immediately sends me this message reminiscing about how we used to be such great friends back in the 3rd grade when we had our after school class together. Immediately I'm intrigued, obviously, and I get to talking to her and getting to know her. I met her earlier in the week, we went out for a beer and chatted and had an all round great time, a surprisingly great time. We said we'd do it again sometime and today we made plans for a movie tonight. Somehow I talked her into admitting she liked me today. Until today I've kept things pretty low key, so I can easily say "no no, I just wanted to be friends" if rejected. I was just hitting on her because she's cute, and she said that.

I'm suddenly so excited to see her. It's weird...really weird... I have had now...4...girls (recently) say that they like me or love me or want to be my girlfriend or whatever; and this is the first time it has ever excited me.

I'm a little nervous, but not really.
I'm just very surprised by my own reactions to such events

Wish me luck?

--Cam
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:03 pm

I think people who spend their time analyzing the differences between versions of a software release license need less free time on their hands :-D
It makes a hella lotta difference to people who code software, since we have to decide under what license to release it. And other people's choices determines if we're allowed to use their code or not.

The developers that don't pay attention to these things are the ones that can get burned down the road, since they didn't realize the implications of a license they chose.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby daPyr0x » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:26 am

Bob,

I'm absolutely glowing. And so was she, which made me glow even more.

--Cam

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:20 pm

dear bob,

i just happened to be walking up Lexington Ave when the "explosion" or whatever the f*** it was happened. not the best way to end a hellish day.

i'm fine. my friends are all fine.

but jesus. so far, 25 is not looing so hot.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:26 pm

Eep, I forgot you're in that area... I'm glad you're okay!

Dear Bob,

Guess what! I sha'n't be homeless on the streets of Toronto come September!

~Rei
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:01 am

Bob,
For reasons I won't go into at the moment, I decided to take as much time this summer as I needed to just sit around and figure things out, or as I put it in my LJ, to straighten my s*** out. I've taken that time, which is quickly coming to an end, and I feel like I've done a lot towards fulfilling that goal and simultaneously nothing at all.

There are moments when I feel stronger, like I know myself and what I want to become better than I ever have before. And then there are the moments where I feel as insecure and timid as I've felt in the past.

I don't expect to always feel on top of things, but I do expect to get some confidence in myself that currently just doesn't seem to be coming long enough to actually believe. Everything about the adult world scares me.

The interacting with colleagues, who all think I'm this anti-social mute. The actual job, which I love but don't think I'm ready for yet and fear I'd never come back to out of shame if I left to prepare better for it. Also...I just can't afford to, if I'm being completely honest.

Outside of work and into life in general, I've tried to convince myself I just don't care what other people think or say about me but I do, a little too much. I also try not to take it personally when I don't get the attention I want...but almost always fail at that one.

I just look forward to the day when I can declare, this is who I am and although I'm ever changing in some things, I know this and this for sure.

One thing I can say right now, and mean, is that in a general sense, I'm happier than I've been in a long time.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:57 pm

Dear Bob,

This IQ test WILL NOT DIE. It will not end. It will not finish being interpreted. I hate it. I hate it a lot. I will never finish it and I will rot in the basement of a psychiatric hospital, trying to score a WISC-IV. I suck and hate the fact that I just finished TA-ing a class about how to DO this.

!!!!!ARG!!!!!

Okay. I'm done. See you on the other side.

I have to drive home an hour tonight, too. And I only got four hours of sleep.

Okay, I'm really done now. Bye.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ValentineNicole » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:20 am

I got into grad school.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:16 am

Congrats, Nicole! Even if you end up not wanting the program, remember someone thought you were good enough to offer a spot to!

Dear Bob,

Summer needs to end. Now.

Nova
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nova » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:37 pm

hey Bob!

so, last night i went to the Harry and the Potters concert. it was so amazing! they are great performers and really nice guys. after the show they autographed everything that anyone wanted signed. it was great. they all signed my poster! it was so fun, and laura sarah, and i were right in front of the stage! it was awesome. oh, yeah Draco and the Malfoys opened! Party like you're evil!

my mom is leaving for italy tomorrow. that means a lot of cleaning while she's gone. *sigh* but it won't be that bad.

the cousins are finally gone! gosh they annoyed me so much! i mean, what kind of a person makes fun of someone for reading harry potter? they will never understand the wonders of Harry potter, i feel bad for them. haha

-erin
the opposite of war isn't peace...it's creation.

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ValentineNicole » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:49 pm

Thanks Ali! :D Yeah, I'm excited about it. I'm calling them tommorrow to see if they'll defer me until January, so that I can really decide what I want. *crosses fingers*
It's a good feeling, regardless, though.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:41 pm

Dear Bob,

I was going to break up with him yesterday. I ended up going with him to his sister's wedding reception and spending the night at his place.

That was NOT how that was supposed to go.

Although, not entirely unexpected.

I swear. My life really does seem like a sitcom some days. Or a chick-lit novel. Not often, but often enough to be annoying.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Young Val
Commander
Commander

Postby Young Val » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:43 pm

dear bob,

i haven't felt like myself in a very long time.
you snooze, you lose
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:59 pm

Bob,

I'm really nervous.

I mean really nervous.

Tomorrow I head back to work; meetings Wednesday and Thursday, Open House on Friday, and school starts on Monday.

I go through this cycle of confidence followed by massive insecurity, and the time it takes to go through this cycle could be anywhere from a few minutes to a few weeks.

*deep breath* I can do this.

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby daPyr0x » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:58 pm

Dear Bob,

I'm not getting any better.

No amount of antidepressants can make me any better.

No collection of "feel good" advice can help. I've done every single thing. Go get exercise. Go hang out with friends, don't sit at home. Go meet a girl, date, try to fall in love again.

And as I held her as she hunched over the curb about to throw up I realize just how f****** I am.

I need to feel needed, so I go after women that need something, and then I make myself that something. This girl that I've been seeing (we're just friends, but she calls our evenings out dates, whatever.) tried to kill herself this weekend. We were supposed to go out, so as I waited in her driveway while she got ready she fell asleep, and when we spoke later that evening (with me thoroughly pissed at waiting for 2 hours for her) the stress from that clearly pushed her over the edge and she began taking pills and didn't stop until I finally convinced her to let me take her out and away from her house.

And though it was the first time I had ever been by someone's side through that, it was strangely reminiscient of a certain previous relationship. I said all the same things, stayed calm in the same ways, left and freaked out alone in the same way, everything.

And even though I sat there and watched it first hand, seeing from an outside perspective how it is, I sit here wanting to do the same. I'm so fed up with everything.

I'm leaving more marks on myself. I'm spending more time sitting in a nearby park drinking myself stupid purely because it's awkward to do at home. I've picked up smoking as a way to calm myself. I'm going downhill, and not in a good way.

and I really don't care.

I don't look to where this might lead in ten years anymore. I don't fret about how this might affect my future life. Being a dirty smoker, a boozehound, with scars covering my forearms isn't a concern of mine. Perhaps because I can't bear to let myself see that, but more likely because I just don't plan to make it that long.

I hate myself for that, I hate feeling that way, I hate wanting that...but once I'm debt free, or at least out of debt on my car (which is tied to my mom's name)...I no longer have a reason to press on. And I probably won't.

I've been to psychiatrists. I'm taking antidepressants. I've taken every bit of "beat depression" advice anyone has ever given. It doesn't work. Why the life that everyone else seems to lead seems so difficult to mei is unknown to me; but I'm somewhat satisfied with the idea that I'm just not meant for this life.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:04 pm

Dear Bob,

I'm looking for sites to apply for my internship next year. It's a very competitive process and a little daunting. More than a little daunting.

Reading the fine print is sometimes a miserable thing. It's discouraging when I keep finding sites that look like they'd be a good fit for me and then turns out:

1. Site has supervision experience as a major rotation. Good stipend, benefits. Deadline Sept. 7th. I figure, okay, what the hell, I can make it work. Only 22 applicants and 13 are accepted.

Turns out they only accept applicants from their program.

2. 26 of 145 Applicants accepted which is a fairly good ratio. Health insurance. A consortium of 8 sites. So I figure, one of them will work, right?

All of the consortium sites absolutely suck.

3. Supervision is a major rotation. Stipend of $54,000 and insanely good benefits. Assessment experience.

Oops. One little snag. You have to be an army officer. Think I could manage that by January 1st?

This is really, really hard.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:17 am

Dear Journal,

First off, I'd like to show off my originality by calling you by your true name- Journal- and not just Bob.

Second, you are highly popular in many forums around the web, did you know it? In the country I come from, Israel, they usually call you N.O.D, which is acronym for Nos'e Dibburim- literally "A Topic to Talk In". Just a piece of info which could interest you..

Third, I am fcking bored outta my mind, since I'm alone in the house with the dog (parents at work, brothers at children's camp)...so bored, that I actually talk to YOU! I can't believe I'm actually writing to a diary which everyone can read...wait, isn't that called a Blog? :)

Fourth, if you didn't know yet, the Simpsons movie is FRICKING HILLARIOUS. You should go see it as soon as possible, or better yet, download a good-enough quality version of the movie and watch it right now, like I'm gonna do.

Fifth, if you care, out of the 10 commandments mentioned in the Holy Bible (Judaism version, though I'm secular), I think I broke about a half. Let's take a look: (taken from Wikipedia, technically it's me reffering to the parts of each of the 10 commandments..)

1. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have no other gods before me.

Well, I don't know what to believe anymore, so I have my own, personal God- slightly similar to Karma- to whom I answer and pray. So there's one.

2. You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,

Luckily for you, I'm a pretty bad artist, thus I can't draw/make any idol for myself. One still done, 1 broken.

3. "Do not swear falsely by the name of the LORD..."

Did it. SOO many times. God Dammit! 2 broken.

4."Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy"

For those who don't know, keeping the Sabbath day holy means NOT to ride cars in it, work in it, cook in it, activate electricity in it, and so much more..Broken since I've been 6 day old. 3 broken.

5. "Honor your father and your mother..."

I honor my father and mother nearly more than anything in this world. still "only" 3 broken.

6. "Do not murder"

I didn't murder anyone yet, but I'm completely ready for the occasion, should I have to do it. (damn, my grammar is just WRONG! but I type quickly without looking at the keyboard =) ) 4 broken.

7. "Do not commit adultery."

Didn't do it yet, and I'm just waiting for the day- not so long... :twisted: 5 broken.

8. "Do not steal."

Sorry, stolen already, though not from places which can arrest me- which, come to think of it, is even worse. 6 broken.

9. "Do not bear false witness against your neighbor"

Apparently, this means in a trial, or something like it, thus, I didn't do it. =] 6 Broken.

10 and final: "Do not covet your neighbor's wife"

The hell I covetted my neighbor's wife (if neighbor means friend, in my occasion, and wife means girlfriend or sister)..even covetted more than one of them... :twisted: 7 broken, 3 still done.

So, Journal, I am a sinner. You know what I have to say to that? F*CK it, we live in hell anyway.

See ya, Journal, I'm getting pretty tired here -_-

fawkes
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: punk

Postby fawkes » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:44 pm

Dear Bob,

I'm sick for the second time in as many weeks. This sucks.
Step one, take off your shirt. Step two ... Step three, PROFIT!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:42 am

Bob,

I have two separate cases in which karma has proven itself to exist, and I couldn't be more delighted.

But I need to be careful with that, because if it truly does, my extracting too much giddiness from this will come back to bite me in the ass.

*diet-evil laugh*

Nova
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nova » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:11 pm

hey bob,

*sigh* erin is stressing me out! she is already done with her Manual essay! i havent even picked the quote im gonna write it about! its not even due until December! so now im trying to come up with quotes i like that i could write an essay about. *sigh* i cant wait til this whole Manual thing is over. i wont have to work nearly as hard! but until December i have to get all As!

edit: haha when i posted this i didnt notice the ridiculous amounts of sighing. that was rather obnoxious.
the opposite of war isn't peace...it's creation.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”