Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Re: Dear Diary/Journal/Bob 3.0

Postby thoughtreader » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:56 pm

home from my surgery and up from my nap. everything went well. The Dr removed some scar tissue and sutures from my first surgery and cleaned up some other wear and tear. He said everything looked good in there and was healed from the last surgery. so my recovery should be faster. I'll know more detail next week after my post op appointment.
Also nerve blocks and less anesthesia make for much less vomiting (none) and a much happier Teresa.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby thoughtreader » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:59 pm

*hugs to you as well Kirsten* I hate the hard times that seem to be following your amazing little family. I hope your move goes smoothly as possible and things start looking up soon.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Yay for less vomiting! Here's hoping for a fast recovery and fully functional joints!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Glad to hear everything went well, Teresa!

I had a nerve block and no general anesthesia for the ORIF (open reduction/internal fixation) on my ulna. It was awesome and I still have never had to have general, which I'm thankful for.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Glad to hear things went well, Teresa!

And Kirsten, :grouphug:
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby thoughtreader » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:14 pm

Dear bob.
Here is a conversation I had with my husband on the phone the other night (excuse the language I swear its a good conversation in the long run)

Ring ring ring
I answer "hi Honey!"
Chris "you little bitch!"
me "What did I do??"
C "Its all your fault!"
me "What?"
C "I used to be fine all alone minding my own business and then you cam along and bam! now I'm pitiful and lonely when you are gone"
me "I'm Sorry, I miss you too"
C "I'm still lonely and useless without you and is all your fault"
me "if it makes you feel any batter I'm useless without you too"
C "NO! that doesn't make me feel any better. you were always like that but I wasn't I was fine alone. But now I'm not"
me "I'm sorry and I miss you too"
C "love you"
me "love you too"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who turns into a a useless sad puddle of good when alone.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Bob,

Three weeks until the move and I'm strangely very nervous/anxious.

I guess I should start packing soon.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Bob,

I am looking forward to spring. I swear, this weather makes me want to do nothing but eat and sleep. My mood has improved, so I don't think it's being caused by depression. And now I have a cold. Boo!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:18 pm

I'm tired of building fires, hauling wood and cleaning stoves too! Getting ready for spring and a bit of traveling. :toocool:

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Bob,

I'm freaking out. I went to the dr on Monday because my shoulder/collarbone had been hurting for a couple weeks. I figured it was just sore muscles and wanted some exercises to do. He said it looked swollen and sent me for an xray just to be safe. He called with the results today and said there is a possible separation between the clavicle and sternum. Buh? I don't know how that happened! I have to go to the orthopedic tomorrow for repeat xrays (with weights this time) to verify things. But if it is dislocated, I'm terrified of the reduction part. They better knock me out! So scared. Not to mention possible being out of work for weeks/months.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:56 pm

*big big hug for Nomi*
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:45 am

Thanks, Ali. It's not dislocated but a slight separation between the collarbone and shoulder (not sternum, that was wrong). It's called a separated shoulder. I'm being sent for an MRI to make sure there are no torn/damaged ligaments. And I have two weeks off of work since I'm not supposed to do heavy lifting.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:22 am

Hi Bob the wife has been gone as a chaparone with the high school marching band to Disneyland in Fl for a week now and wont be home till We. morn. I can't believe how much stuff that woman gets done and I misss her and I'm sorry we argued before she left .Wednesday can't get here soon enough.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby thoughtreader » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:32 am

Hi Bob the wife has been gone as a chaparone with the high school marching band to Disneyland in Fl for a week now and wont be home till We. morn. I can't believe how much stuff that woman gets done and I misss her and I'm sorry we argued before she left .Wednesday can't get here soon enough.
My husband agrees its hard when the wife leaves. And its hard for me when he is gone too. You and Julie are a great example to all of us here of a beautiful loving relationship.

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:16 am

My husband agrees its hard when the wife leaves. And its hard for me when he is gone too. You and Julie are a great example to all of us here of a beautiful loving relationship.

Hear, hear! I love reading about your marriage, buckshot. I love hearing about all pweb marriages, actually. :D
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:12 am

It's not always roses , lightning n deep riffs with us , we rarely argue but we do . I know she lets me indulge myself with all the wild stuff I get into but somehow I always feel her invisible hands reining me back a bit. For years I underestimated her good business head , since my health forced retirement with the feed mill Julie has filled my seat as managing partner and has done a hell of a good job so far . I never thought she could be gritty enough to do battle like that , I always run a tight ship and put up with nothing and am not always so proud of how I've handled some people. Julie has such a calm polite way with folks that cause "bumps" where I would, well raise a lot more dust! I am still pretty involved with the farming with my partner Tim but I can do less and less and Tim's son Dusty is fresh out of WSU and I think he will soon be edging me out which is the plan. I love to hear of all your young new relationships too, but it makes me feel old and a bit quilty sometimes when ya 'all struggle with money and jobs. Thats the strain that tests too many young familys now and I am glad to be here to read of how everyone out here" gets on"making a life for their new familys and themselves

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:53 pm

Aww, I love all this pweb love. Pweb has been such a source of support, friendship and love for me.

Dear Bob,

Nate got offered a new opportunity at work today. We don't really know all the details yet, but the general gist is "permanent fill in for an evening producer on maternity leave." This is a great opportunity career wise for him. Its a coveted time slot. And I do love there when opportunities come up, his name comes up.

There are important things we don't know like when it might start, how long it would last, if he'd get his show back, if he'd still get to do the hs football show he loves in fall.

The problem is I hate the schedule. He'd be at work 230pm-1145pm. We'd never see each other except on days off. It would be really lonely for me. It would be really helpful if it lined up closely with my maternity leave because he could be around at night to help with baby overnight... but too much before or after and I'd be so lonely.

I don't want him to turn it down and get off the list to get offered opportunities but... I hate that schedule!
-Kim

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:39 pm

Bob,

I put in my notice at Starbucks. I'm disappointed that it only lasted five months and that I wasn't able to pay off all my debt before quitting. But the MRI results showed degenerative arthritis in my shoulder, so the dr said any job that requires heavy lifting is going to continue making it worse. The scan also showed some edema to my ribs, so they ordered a follow-up chest CT to see what is causing that. Anyway, a lot going on...but now a lot more time on my hands.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Kim, I hope you get some answers that make it an easier decision for you two to make. *hugs*

Edema, meaning, swelling? Yikes, Nomi. Rest up, feel better and keep us updated! *gentle hugs*

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:29 pm

I feel like delete
I delete
I feel like Petra
I can't believe I broke
what is the matter with me
how can I trust myself again?
I cant post this.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Bob,

I just glanced at York Uni's job website and saw that there's an evening and weekend library post. And I'd love to apply for it. All the qualifications they really ask for are A levels. But if I apply for it, it'll just be one more gash in my self-esteem, one more nail in the coffin of self-worth. Because I won't even get short listed for an interview, despite having a degree and experience volunteering in archives services for the city council. And objectively, that is probably because there is such a shortage of work that people far more absurdly over-qualified than I am are applying for it. But it still hurts every single time I apply for a job like this and I never, ever, ever hear back. Someday I really want to have the universe affirm that I am not just a working class wastrel with aspirations above my station to have an advanced degree and an office job.

~Rei
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:58 am

Hey, Bob. Long time no chat.

I know you saw the Ender teaser poster. Pretty exciting, right?

It's very bittersweet, really. I've known all along I was never important, not even in some tangential, minute way, to anything related to the movie and my attempts at bringing Pweb back to its former glory were, in hindsight, pathetic jokes. I also think I've lost more friends at Pweb than I've been able to hang onto...so even turning the release of this movie away from "Look at what we helped make" and move it to "Look at what brought us together" feels like a sad joke.

But. I'm excited, anyway. Now it's just on a level of "This book saved me in high school" and "This book helped me find zero."

Those are enough. That is good enough.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 pm

*hugs*

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Postby Boothby » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Alea, tell me about it! I don't think you've spent a decade on it, though, or been accused by one of Card's minions of being "obsessed" with it, like I have!
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Alea, it is so sweet that the books are a part of you like that, I myself am in the process of building ender related memories and I wonder if I'll ever be that invested, its hard to imagine caring more than I do...
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:59 pm

*hugs*

PWeb wouldn't be nearly the lovely place it is without you Alea. Regardless of how the movie turns out, I wouldn't trade my time here for anything. I can't believe I'm coming up on 5 years as a PWebby (and lurking for 5 before that).
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:01 am

*hugs* It is bittersweet. I'm really not sure how excited I want to be for the movie.

Pweb may have none of its former glory and done very little to make this movie a reality, but it has done a lot. Maybe not everything it was meant to do when it was founded, but enough. More than enough. In ways we never could have expected. I mean, Baby Nomi exists because of this place. Not to mention all the friendships, whether they are still intact or not. That's quite a bit for one little forum. I wouldn't give up my time here. Pweb is still a refuge to me, no matter its shortcomings.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:43 am

I know that Card has referenced PWeb in some of his books. perhaps a number of the fan sites will get a call-out at the end of the film?
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:40 pm

Thanks, guys. :)

Steve, I'm very aware of how much work you actually did (or if not very, because I wasn't shadowing you, then I recognize that you did a lot of work) and I'm a little ticked off on your behalf that you weren't consulted at all. I also think, given how they've left Pweb out of everything up to this point, we will most likely not receive any recognition in the credits if they do that for fans. Oh well.

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:19 pm

And I realized, after posting my previous post, that I was a bit presumptuous in MY post....my apologies!

I think the best "bet" we have is through Enders Ansible--the newer blog-like (news-like) sites seem to be getting far more of the production companies' attention than our older, die-hard fan site. I wonder if Hatrack is going to get any representation?!?
--Boothby

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Sadly, online social media culture no longer exalts forums the way it once did. But Cassandra's pretty good at sending people our way when she can! We're even on the business cards :)
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Cassandra has business cards?! I knew Ender's Ansible was legit, but I didn't know it was THAT legit.

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:01 pm

Dear Alea (and Phoebe),

I know what it feels like to feel left out and it sucks. I'm sorry you feel that way.
In all honesty, I really do think of Phoebe+Eric as the same site, (hence the business cards).
Sometimes when I'm in the chatroom people pop in and don't even notice the different URL.
I even put us both on the 'About' page.

I have to say that I'm also disappointed that pweb has been... not ignored, but left out somewhat from the movie PR.
I really did try to get a rep from pweb on the set visit, but it was too late.
You guys really help me stay positive when I feel bogged down by work (and people).
And on top of that, our work together has been so successful the interviews and almost every book/movie contact we've made have been a joint effort.
Also, the culture references page that Alea helped me put together is THE MOST popular page on EA.
The podcast, I never would have gotten over the fear of my own voice without your push.

I could go on, but you are all awesome and I do think that things will pick up we'll get more pwebbers.
I got a small gathering of people in the chatroom just after the release of the poster and I'm looking forward to more discussions from fans on here.

*hugs*
Cassandra
Last edited by Cassandra on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Cassandra: :kisses:

You have been really great to Pweb. None of this is directed at you; I think you're amazing. :D

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Cassandra: :kisses:

You have been really great to Pweb. None of this is directed at you; I think you're amazing. :D
AGREED :love:
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Return to “Milagre Town Square”