I, Traveler

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

I, Traveler

Postby Wind Swept » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:40 am

Hey Pweb Peeps! Pweeps? Phoebe Peeps. Phoepes!

As those of you I'm Facebook friends with may be aware, I'm spending much of the year traveling around the US of A. I started in Tucson, I'm currently in San Antonio, then I'll be— Well, here's a map of this first leg of traveling.

Would anyone along the swath I'm cutting be interested in meeting up and/or hosting me? If anyone further up the coast would be interested in hosting, I wouldn't mind a detour in that direction before swinging back toward Chicago. I'm trying to stay at least a week at each stop to keep costs manageable.

Also, there will be another leg with a more westerly bend sometime this summer. The map linked above represents travel plans through approximately May 3, then I'll be spending a month or two with my parents before hitting the west coast.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Re: I, Traveler

Postby steph » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:11 pm

So cool!

(side note: why am I not fb friends with you yet? Just fixed that.)

I'd have to see what Brian thought of the idea before I could commit, but I can at least show you around Colorado if you come through.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wind Swept » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:25 pm

I may be dog/cat/house sitting in Fraser, CO for two weeks in June. If so, I'll likely hit Denver before or after.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:56 pm

I so envy you! To just cut loose and aimlessly bound around for a bit. More power to ya!

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wind Swept » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:05 am

I haven't cut loose completely. After a year of convincing my boss, I'm able to do the job I was doing in Fargo from wherever I can find an Internet connection. Still working full time, and for now I'm visiting existing friends in the US. Trying to find the courage to dive into Couchsurfing. I will be staying a week in New Orleans at an airbnb, which is slightly further outside my comfort zone. And I do eventually want to do a stint of traveling in Europe, possibly Asia. If I can find a cheap island hideaway with WiFi, I would like to spend a month or two working from a beach. We'll see how far I get before I get distracted. Ramping up slowly.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:28 am

How cool would it be to live in a grass shack on a beach in Belize or the like and work out of a hammock! My Mom said there is wifi in more n more places all the time if you look for it. All you would need is a firepit and a cooler and go hit the market spot for ice, lobsters , beer n eggs every day. Think I could live like that for a while

Return to “Milagre Town Square”