Merchandising Ho - Worth it?

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Alvin
Launchie
Launchie

Merchandising Ho - Worth it?

Postby Alvin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Long time lurker, but signed up to debate: is this worth it? The price seems a bit high, but I wouldn't mind something to wear to the movie when it pops out!

http://www.zazzle.com/the_enemys_gate_i ... 5746488767" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems a lot simpler and less flashy than the official merchandising is sure to be, but you never know how the quality will be with sites like this. Any insights? Better options?

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Re: Merchandising Ho - Worth it?

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:27 am

That is definitely way more than I'd every pay for a T-shirt but I like that design more than the shirt I already own that says "The enemy's gate is down" (which is sadly no longer being made).

In general, I tend to not trust online merchants like that for quality but have never felt strongly enough about them to dissuade others from using them if they wanted.

So...no help from me. Sorry. :mrgreen:
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

EAGLE
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EAGLE » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:41 pm

wait "the enemies gate is down" is no longer being made?
Pweb member since 2002

"Remember kids...A smart man knows when...to run like a little bi**h"
-Desert Punk

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:22 pm

I don't know if she's talking about the same one I have but it was made years ago (over ten?) and was all black and just said in white letters "The enemy's gate is down."
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:24 pm

That's the one, Nomi. I'm pretty sure it was one of yours, went to Adam, then to me.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 05 May 2013

Postby Rootersfriend » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:40 pm

Alvin-I actually have this one http://www.zazzle.com/enders_game_drago ... 4171751702" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and it has held up quite nicely so far. Definitely not the BEST quality by any stretch of the imagination, but the design hasn't peeled or faded or anything (I've had it about 2 years and wear it/wash it fairly often. I really like the shirt you're looking at but it does seem a bit steep price-wise.
::Live as a villain, die as a hero::

Return to “Milagre Town Square”