The Cuckoo's Calling

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

The Cuckoo's Calling

Postby locke » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:27 pm

So she published another novel back in April under a pseudonym and has been 'unmasked.'

Anyone read it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/book ... novel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Re: The Cuckoo's Calling

Postby Mich » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:12 am

I've heard that it's already hitting the top of the bestseller's list, so chances are someone here has read it. The plot sounds pretty standard with a few interesting twists, but I haven't read anything by her that isn't Harry Potter, so I don't really have the faith built up in her as a writer of other genres that some might.

Good on her for attempting a pseudonym, though. It's always an interesting experiment, and I always kind of wish that once people realized a writer is an obvious pen name that they would just stop looking into who it is.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Re: The Cuckoo's Calling

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:58 am

She seems to be a good story teller, which largely makes up for her deficiencies as a writer. I haven't even heard of the book before now though, so it can't be THAT popular?
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Return to “Milagre Town Square”