Advice and suggestions

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 05 May 2013

Advice and suggestions

Postby Rootersfriend » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:40 am

Hey guys, I am in the process of figuring out if I am moving to Nashville, I've never been but am going this weekend to check it out and visit some good friends I have that moved there about a year ago. I just can't afford this area at all and from everything I have seen/read/heard Nashville sounds great, plus they have a several schools that offer the program I want to do.

Have any of you all been there? Any tips, suggestions, advice you would give? Places to make sure I see while I'm there this weekend, etc?

Convince me! I want to move there I think, I just need that extra push!
::Live as a villain, die as a hero::

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Re: Advice and suggestions

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:34 am

Blegh! I went to Nashville a couple months ago. It is definitely not my cup of tea. Good luck.
-Kim

Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rootersfriend » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:42 am

Haha so I guess a few questions arise then. 1) Why'd you go? 2) What didn't you like? 3) What is your cup of tea?

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:29 am

I went for the Midsouth Emmy's banquet (my husband was nominated.)

We stayed downtown and had an afternoon and evening to explore. It was very, very country. And coming from growing up in Texas, that's saying something. I mean, I know its a country music capital, but the downtown area is obnoxiously so. Also, smokers everywhere! I hate cigarette smoke and it was impossible to avoid when walking around.

What I do like is a little more eclectic vibe. I also like places with strict smoking regulations (designated, easily avoidable areas. Not within a certain distance from building entrances.)

Granted, we didn't get far out of the touristy areas. Maybe it could be better elsewhere.
-Kim

Rootersfriend
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rootersfriend » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:35 am

That's fair. I don't smoke but I don't mind it either, I grew up around it and most of my friends do, and I did for a while, but that's less of a concern for me. I live/grew up basically in Washington DC and am super tired of the craziness and hubbub and stress of this area so I am super excited about a way slowed down country feel.

I get what you're saying about wanting/liking a good mix of things though. So we'll see how I feel after this weekend. What I do love about it is that it's not INSANE to rent some place. I literally can't get an efficiency around here for less than $1100+, that would get me a nice 2+ bed room in the heart of downtown there haha, or a house!

Return to “Milagre Town Square”