Mawwiage

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Mawwiage

Postby Young Val » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:53 pm

All I need is just the slightest nudge of encouragement and I'm off, so this is the marriage thread!

You don't have to be married to post here, though. And at three months and three days in myself, I'm no expert.

Here's something David and I realized a few years ago: neither one of us had positive models of marriage growing up. Or, hell, even healthy relationships. In our families, we have the best marriage, the healthiest relationship. Just by default.

Of course, we work really hard at our relationship, so there's that, too. We get some credit.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Re: Mawwiage

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Good topic, I'm surprised we haven't had one already.

Also, even better topic title.
:stamp:
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Sometimes it's hard to believe that I've been married for almost 5 years.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:34 pm

We just celebrated our 15th anniversary. And I would actually say we have the healthiest marriage in my immediate family, as well.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:52 pm

We've been married for 8 years and sometimes I feel like we have the weirdest marriage ever. Nobody else seems to have the same desire to have all the same interests/need no space the way we do. I can't imagine it any other way.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 pm

We're hitting 9 years on Wednesday. Brian is still the person I'd rather spend time with than anyone else.

My mom is coming tomorrow to watch the kids for the whole afternoon and evening. I can't wait! (We just have to decide what the heck we're going to do. Usually we're planning things that involve the kids and we're having problems coming up with ideas for just the two of us.)
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:20 pm

I hate to let you all in on my being old as hell but Julie n I celebrated our 25th last summer where did all the years go? :roll:

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:38 pm

I hate to let you all in on my being old as hell but Julie n I celebrated our 25th last summer where did all the years go? :roll:
Can't be that old! My parents are coming up on that landmark pretty fast.

Also, I have friends my age who just got engaged, but have been dating since summer after 6th grade, which puts their relationship past the 10 year mark at this point, despite being only 22. ;)
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Nobody else seems to have the same desire to have all the same interests/need no space the way we do. I can't imagine it any other way.
I know we're not married yet, but this seem to be us. While we do have some different interests, we never feel the need for space between us. He's part of my alone time and it's comforting. We will have been living together for four year come February.
My parents just celebrated their 25th last summer!

: )
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:38 pm

My parents will hit 30 in a couple weeks. Every time I think about that I think, "Wow, they've been married longer than I've been alive." Then I remember that's sort of how it's supposed to work...
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:03 pm

My mom was 6 months pregnant with me at their wedding, so it's pretty easy for me to remember how long they've been married.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:42 am

Chris and I have been together for 8 years and married for 3. the time together seems right but the first three years of marriage have flown by. During our marriage we have moved three times to three different states and finally settled where we want to be. I'm about to have my third shoulder surgery the we are both hoping fixes it for real. And we have grown closer as a couple.
We have realized how important our cheap dates are, we try to go out at least every other week and do something just the 2 of us. Even when money was super tight and we were living with his parents we would go to a cheap $3 movie and dinner at taco bell to have some time to just be us.

Briseis_Liberated
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Briseis_Liberated » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:24 pm

Val, I've been married since aug 25 congrats to you!! We have our ups and downs. We have really made it through a lot. We went to the same high school but because of the 3 year age difference we didn't really meet until I was a senior in high school at another school (my parents moved us). I sent him a message in MySpace like something along the lines of "hey I think you're cute and we like a lot of the same stuff. Let's hang out. Oh and you sort of look like Dave grohl." lol. That was 7 or 8 years ago. We dated for a while, broke up, and I had two kids in those years and then we found each other again almost 3 years ago...you guessed it. On Facebook. :roll: we got engaged last Christmas and married in August. (as aforementioned). He adopted my kids and has raised them since nataleigh was 3 and Eric was 2. Eric is so much like him that half his family swears Eric is really his. :love:

We are far from the most normal family in his family...lol. We live in east tn so it's all about church and no sex before marriage...that kinda thing..it was kind of weird with all his extended family because I only had my parents and my sister growing up (who is gay). No other family here. But they accepted me and my kids as their own and I don't feel judged anymore by them. (that all came about after we got married of course and were no longer living in sin) my parents have been together about 30 years...married for 25. My mom was 8months pregnant with me when they finally tied the knot and they are a fantastic model of marriage.
One mind can think only of its own questions; it rarely surprises itself. -Bean ES

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Val, I've been married since aug 25 congrats to you!! We have our ups and downs. We have really made it through a lot. We went to the same high school but because of the 3 year age difference we didn't really meet until I was a senior in high school at another school (my parents moved us). I sent him a message in MySpace like something along the lines of "hey I think you're cute and we like a lot of the same stuff. Let's hang out. Oh and you sort of look like Dave grohl." lol. That was 7 or 8 years ago. We dated for a while, broke up, and I had two kids in those years and then we found each other again almost 3 years ago...you guessed it. On Facebook. :roll:
Courtney and I aren't married yet, but it's looking like it's gonna end up that way, and we went to high school together, 2 years apart, and she first sent me a message on Myspace when I was a senior in high school, because she thought I was cute, but I was in another relationship at the time, but somehow we ended up dating 2 years later, and have been dating the 3.5 years since then.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:23 pm

:love: Happy Anniversary, Brian! :kisses:
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petra456 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Congratulations you two!

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:00 pm

I've been married since 2010. It's fun.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Congrats, Steph and Brian! You guys are awesome, both separately and together. :mrgreen:
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”