Being An Adult Means

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Re: Being An Adult Means

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:25 pm

My response was cry in the bathroom (I blame pregnancy hormones for the crying) then ignore her for the rest of the day.
-Kim

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:30 pm

Yeah, I don't care how old you get, moms are generally a good source for bad days. *hugs* Sorry people are being awful.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Corelulos
Launchie
Launchie

Postby Corelulos » Mon May 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Having been an adult for... well... a couple decades now, I can say that the freedom to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, with whomever I wanted, etc. was great! I got married at 41, in 2006. I have three children now, and all those 'freedoms' are done. I find however, that the joys of having children are priceless! I have no regrets about my younger adulthood, and no regrets about my family now.
I am thankful every day for what I have.
I remember many great times and many very low times. I think the main thing I miss sometimes is the freedom to go out to the movies whenever I want.
Having had to go without a job for the last year and a half has been a very difficult and trying time. I don't like being on the government 'tit' as it were, but I am thankful that it was available to help us through.
If I could give you "baby" adults one piece of advice it would be this: Save. SAVE that extra money! Put it in the bank or a safe and forget about it. Because one day, something totally unexpected will hit you square in the face. And if you took my advice, and saved some money, you will thank me for this advice!
Life is great! As an adult, you finally get a job, move into your OWN place, You can watch whatever you want on the TV, naked if you want too! and NO ONE will care. Buy those Club crackers, go out and have fun till the wee hours of the morning. Sleep in if you want. Work as hard as you want!
Just remember, be kind to yourself. Be kind to others. Karma will catch up to you, weather you call it that or not makes no difference! Life always seeks a balance.
Wow! I waxed a bit philosophic there.
Cheers all!
only 8 months to go to EG! Man I am glad that the older I get the faster time flies! lmao

DrTicklesMD
Launchie
Launchie

Postby DrTicklesMD » Tue May 07, 2013 10:27 pm

In a few months I'll finally be able to say "F***ing teenagers"

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Wed May 08, 2013 9:34 am