He is risen!

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

He is risen!

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Rejoice, heavenly powers! Sing, choirs of angels!
Exult, all creation around God's throne!
Jesus Christ, our King, is risen!
Sound the trumpet of salvation!

Rejoice, O earth, in shining splendor,
radiant in the brightness of your King!
Christ has conquered! Glory fills you!
Darkness vanishes for ever!

Rejoice, O Mother Church! Exult in glory!
The risen Savior shines upon you!
Let this place resound with joy,
echoing the mighty song of all God's people!

Happy Easter, everyone!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Re: He is risen!

Postby LilBee91 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Happy Easter!

Sometime I need to go to a Catholic Easter mass. They sound pretty.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:55 pm

I've just remembered how awesome Cadbury Creme Eggs are and how disgusting Peeps are.
The enemy's fly is down.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:44 pm

"He is risen!"
"He is risen indeed!"

:)
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:56 am

Vere resurrexit!
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Vell, Jesus was just zis guy, you know?
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Postby Boothby » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:45 pm

(Chris...let them have their dream)
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:42 pm

I must not have been holding my lips just right when praying at church yesterday! Julie wanted to drive her bug to church and I should have said no but, we parked out behind the church by the playfield (cuz there are tons of folks driving around looking for a fatman parking spot and I thought the car would be safer there) in the corner where no one would park by it. Anyhow as i'm shure you already guessed there is a big dent in the hood where some old gummer leaned on it thinking it was like a old Chevy or something.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:01 pm

we can leave the snarking out of what is supposed to be a celebratory topic.
Yes. This. It was, in fact, a rule before the religion board was re-merged and I thought it was a great rule.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Indeed. No one's asking you to believe in anything.
(Chris...let them have their dream)
is snark, or reads strongly as snark despite intent.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:43 pm

True. I didn't have to enter this particular thread. So far, my only comment was to remind another member here to live and let live. Martin Luther King, Jr., had a dream, too.

No one's asking you to stop believing in anything.
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:02 pm

See, I'm not really a believer but Chris' comment came off to me as a lighthearted poke; it was the follow up from Steve that started to move it into condescending for me. I have a lot of respect for both and true enough, there can be civil discussions on religion but the purpose of this thread was to celebrate a holiday that the people who posted in here believe in. Perhaps starting a different thread would have been the appropriate action.

With that said, I'm so not the person to be lecturing because I have said much, much worse things, so consider it a well meaning observation.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Oh, and Happy Easter (and Passover).
--Boothby

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:35 pm

It definitely seem like the wrong thread to argue about religion or theology. It was meant for those who celebrate Easter, to post about it to each other. If you don't have something nice to say, say it in a different thread (my opinion). Maybe Steve and Thomas could take this discussion to a new topic?
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:39 pm

I'm fine to let the whole thing drop.

I just meant to provide a light-hearted poke to Chris' lighthearted poke. Apparently, I poked some people the wrong way. My apologies, Happy Easter, Happy Pesach, and...continue.
--Boothby

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:42 pm

So I was real confused when you walked in with the chicken under your arm.
For the Easter eggs of course! Sorry, couldn't help myself.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:56 pm

What did everyone do for Easter? Any family traditions? I enjoyed a sunrise service, and our usual Easter morning service, as well as a large tasty meals with both my family, and my girlfriend's.

I only ask that no one believe anything so fully that there is no room for doubt.
I can get behind that :)
we can leave the snarking out of what is supposed to be a celebratory topic.
Yes. This. It was, in fact, a rule before the religion board was re-merged and I thought it was a great rule.
It definitely seem like the wrong thread to argue about religion or theology. It was meant for those who celebrate Easter, to post about it to each other. If you don't have something nice to say, say it in a different thread (my opinion). Maybe Steve and Thomas could take this discussion to a new topic?
I'm fine to let the whole thing drop.

I just meant to provide a light-hearted poke to Chris' lighthearted poke. Apparently, I poked some people the wrong way. My apologies, Happy Easter, Happy Pesach, and...continue.
It's something that I find to be an interesting topic, so if a mod was willing to split it off somewhere, I would have no objections continuing the conversation - you seemed curious about and/or confused by where I was headed with my posts.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:27 pm

I went to a friend's house where a bunch of us who live in Portland but have no immediate family here gathered! Everyone was supposed to bring something to each, but on Thursday night I was emergency texted that they needed someone to be in charge of the egg hunt, and would I please do it? Thus was I conscripted out of a boring cooking duty to one much, much cooler.

Nothing like seeing eight "adults" scrambling against each other to get at Easter eggs that were, if I may say so, cleverly hidden all around a precariously-perched property in the lower West Hills.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Um...that sounds awesome. Why didn't I have an Easter egg hunt? All I did was go to my brothers for ham and potatoes, play with my nephew, and sew the back of my quilt. Hardly Easter-y at all.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:35 pm

I went to a friend's house where a bunch of us who live in Portland but have no immediate family here gathered! Everyone was supposed to bring something to each, but on Thursday night I was emergency texted that they needed someone to be in charge of the egg hunt, and would I please do it? Thus was I conscripted out of a boring cooking duty to one much, much cooler.

Nothing like seeing eight "adults" scrambling against each other to get at Easter eggs that were, if I may say so, cleverly hidden all around a precariously-perched property in the lower West Hills.
That sounds like a lot of fun! But why is cooking duty boring? What were you (supposed to be) making?

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:09 am

That sounds like a lot of fun! But why is cooking duty boring? What were you (supposed to be) making?
My original plans were to make deviled eggs, which are delicious, but then it was revealed that neither host nor hostess liked eggs, which kind of let the air out of my balloon. I was still going to do so, but it was suddenly not as exciting because I knew that the people throwing the dinner wouldn't eat them at all, you know? Plus I couldn't come up with anything else that wasn't already being handled, thus boring in that I would need to "research" what to make for Easter.

But then they texted me with their emergency proposition and it turned out someone was planning on making those deliciously slimy little handfuls of egg anyway. So it all turned out well.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:22 am

My original plans were to make deviled eggs, which are delicious, but then it was revealed that neither host nor hostess liked eggs, which kind of let the air out of my balloon. I was still going to do so, but it was suddenly not as exciting because I knew that the people throwing the dinner wouldn't eat them at all, you know? Plus I couldn't come up with anything else that wasn't already being handled, thus boring in that I would need to "research" what to make for Easter.

But then they texted me with their emergency proposition and it turned out someone was planning on making those deliciously slimy little handfuls of egg anyway. So it all turned out well.
Glad I wasn't the host that had to burst your bubble of culinary inspiration, but I can't say I'm much of an egg fan either. Except of course for those of the Easter variety! My candy haul was sadly small this year - I think my grandparents have finally decided I'm too old for an Easter basket :(

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:52 am

Steve, thank you for your graciousness. :hatsoff:

We got Easter eggs from a local chocolatier, and what they lacked in sheer gluttonous quantity, they truly made up in quality. Brent's had a chocolate badger on!

Nom, however, had an Easter pickle.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:18 am

I love deviled eggs but am usually too lazy to make them myself. I need to remedy that.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:03 am

Mmmm. Deviled eggs!

We had Greek food this year. (We usually pick a country every year and go with it. It's quite a tasty tradition.) I made pitas, and they were tasty!! Tyler made little appetizers with filo, feta, mint and nutmeg. Yum!
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker

Postby Boothby » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Matzoh ball soup (vegetarian--not my first choice), Latkes, and Matzoh Brie. Borscht as back-up, just in case.
--Boothby

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Latkes
Yum! I miss these.

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Prodigal Son

Postby Taalcon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Easter Basket with animals and eggs and Jelly beans:

Easter Egg hunt! She refused to go for the 'real eggs'. She'd pick them up, but then put them in her younger cousin Michael's basket. She knew which were the good ones!

Return to “Milagre Town Square”