Brains or Beauty?

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!

Which would you rather enhance in yourself?

Looks
48%
Intelligence
52%

Total votes: 29

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Re: Brains or Beauty?

Postby Boothby » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:00 pm

Well, I voted for the wrong one... I meant to put "looks" but I had considered, and clicked "intelligence" and I didn't change it before I hit vote...

I'm pretty intelligent, and I would love to have more intelligence, but I am not sure it would do as much good to me as improving my looks some. I don't think I'm bad looking, but I'm overweight and probably don't have the best fashion sense... Better looking could improve my chances of finding a good job.

Of course, if I were more intelligent maybe I could gain more knowledge of how to make myself look better, and would maybe try to be more healthy/lose weight and my looks would improve because of that, so maybe I will stick with intelligence since it was what I really want anyway.

I really want more money so I can do whatever the frell I feel like and not care about my frelling looks. :D
No, seriously....I think looks was the right answer for you.

:roll:
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:24 am

I totally forgot that I ever made this thread.

I'm still surprised that so many people chose looks.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:34 pm

I totally forgot that I ever made this thread.

I'm still surprised that so many people chose looks.
Definitely. From what I have read on other threads I would have thought that intelligence would be the majority.
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:08 pm

Well, it's no secret that many of us already consider ourselves well-gifted in the brains department. :mrgreen:
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Postby KennEnder » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:39 am

Well, it's no secret that many of us already consider ourselves well-gifted in the brains department. :mrgreen:
true. Most of the local crowd (self included) likely consider themselves to be smarter-than-the-average-bear. Which means, if we feel we need any enhancement, it's better use is going to be applied to our "looks." If you're in the top 10% already, the "last thing you need" is more of what you've got so much of...

now, if only the nation's richest top 1% could somehow come to grips with that concept and "share the wealth" a little. :/
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:30 am

Despite thinking of myself as pretty brainy already, I voted for more intelligence. I'm totally comfortable with my looks, and being more intelligent will only help me understand more and solve harder problems :)
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:53 pm

I would definitely pick intellect. I don't care as much about my social life as I do about accomplishing something important.
While I intent to do this with the intelligence that I could accomplish more if I had additional intelligence.
Not to sound conceded I feel similarly to others in that I am pretty intelligent already but while you may get paid the same at a couple IQ points higher I feel the contribution you can offer to society increases greatly and it is therefore a better choice to be more intelligent.
to quote myself and add that society doesn't need anymore beautiful people and could definitely use some more intellect all around.
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Return to “Milagre Town Square”