Brontosaurus Lays an Egg

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Re: Brontosaurus Lays an Egg

Postby Luet » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:46 am

I think it's a great name. Do you have plans for a nickname?
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 am

A couple of ideas, but I think those will really wait until we meet the baby. I kind of think nicknames evolve, you know?
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:00 pm

I've spent most of today continuing to get used to the idea of a baby boy. It's taking a little more getting used to than I thought it would.

I think it's that I know what it's like to be a daughter in a relationship with a mother. And, so, I felt very close to a theoretical baby girl. But, obviously, I have no idea what it's like to be a son in a relationship with a mother. And so, I just felt a little estranged from my baby all of a sudden. Does that seem weird? I don't know. So, today, I've been trying to work that out.

I've been talking to baby in the shower for awhile, now, but today was our most extensive conversation. So extensive, actually, that Donny came in to find out who I was talking to and if something was wrong. He knows I talk to Little Bit in the shower, but I don't think he thought it was so literal. And, usually I don't talk in such adult tones or fluent sentences.

I've been alternating a lot today between calling him by his name, Little Bit, and Baby Boy. I think it's to help me wrap my mind around it.

And then baby and I went on a walk in the neighborhood. (Don't think I'm dehydrated.) And talked some more. About how much I love him and all the things he's going to see in the world and how I will do my best to care for him. And, somehow, things have clicked more since then. My baby boy, who I wouldn't want to be anyone but himself. My baby boy who, someday, will have big brown eyes (most likely).

Also, I think I now have a moral responsibility to, like, recycle and stuff. Damnit. What else is having a kid going to force into my consciousness? :)
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:16 pm

You're going to be such a great mother. Even better than you are now, which is already pretty awesome.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Mommy Brontosaurus
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mommy Brontosaurus » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:50 pm

Yay Kirsten! I'm so happy for you, and I'm glad you get to name your little boy his name!

My mom is here and this is the most amazing thing ever of life no kidding you guys. It's so wonderful to see my mom and talk to her. It's so nice to have another pair of hands helping hold Naomi and do dishes and keep things running. It's SUCH a relief to have someone who knows what the heck is going on. Babies are baffling.

Naomi was 6lb2oz last week, and will get weighed again tomorrow. So big! And yet still so tiny! She's still a bit of a fussy feeder, but we're working it out.

A dinosaur in a grocery store is not a very pleasant thing!
He marches through the checkout aisles and tramples over everything.
He puts his snoot into the fruit;
his tail wipes out displays.
I'll tell you just what I've observed --
A grocery store is not a place for dinosaurs to play.

(Courtesy of starlooker's mom.)

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Awwww! Cute, cute, cuteness! I love the last one. Looking so angelic. And, of course, the 50/50 shirt. :stoned:
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Beautiful!!

She's now Ginny and Maggie birth size!

Great that your mom is there. Moms are helpful.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:22 pm

She's just beautiful!

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:47 pm

omigosh, the last one slays me. She is darling!
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:03 pm

I love the 50% shirt. It's so true, in my opinion. I can totally see both of you in her.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:27 am

I forgot to post our 23-week update!

Let's see. Week 23 was all kinds of exciting, what with finding out I'm having a baby boy. :love:

Last night we spent a lot of time next to a little 3-year old Buzz Lightyear who is very much like what I hope Little Bit is like someday. Just cheerful and lovey and inquisitive and little boy on the go. :)

Little Bit is kicking more and more. It's seldom now that I have a day where I don't feel him move at least once. It's still pretty sporadic, but that's to be expected. (Particularly since it turns out I have an anterior placenta.) It's still infrequent enough that I smile and am excited every time. When it happens, they are getting thuddier and more definite.

My tummy is bulging, I swear, I can practically see it growing from day to day now.

I'm getting more and more -- annoyed? Depressed? Angry? Something like that -- with my body and the physical changes. It hurts my knees to stand up or sit down. My hands hurt pretty chronically (self-diagnosing with pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel.) My lower back was pretty much seizing up the other night. My right hip objects to pretty much anything I do. I'm peeing at least twice a night, and often more, although I'm somewhat resigned to that now. The acne and the skin tags and the itchiness. But, mostly, yeah, the weight. The weight I see in my face gets me down, particularly. Especially when I figure it's probably symptomatic of weight gain everywhere else.

Oh, Little Bitty Boy, I know you'll be worth it. It's just hard, sometimes. It was such a battle to learn to love my body before, and I'd just gotten comfortable with it. And, in a wise-mind state, I know that I can love my body now, for the fact that it's creating and sustaining you. I need to try to focus on that. And eat more veggies and protein.

And, at least my hair is awesomely thick. I know, I know, watch out for the shed. But I'm enjoying it for now. And I painted my awesome nails dramatic red this week. They're already growing so that I need to redo that polish, but they look good :)
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Zoo-Day! Just me and the baby in my belly today. I'm pretty sure Little Bit enjoys everything I enjoy at this point in his life, which means we both had fun. And two fun interactions with mommies! (One human and one not.)

You know, I should go walking more often. Because I don't hurt so much while I'm walking. I hurt more after, maybe, but it's worth it. And today's zoo-walk was awesome.

The North American exhibit is my favorite place to walk. Not my favorite animals, other than the cougars, but it's all high wooden bridges and trees and water below and lovely day.

You meet the nicest people at the tiger exhibit. Maybe I'm biased, because I/we love the tigers so much, but really. Last time it was the little girl with braids. This time it was a mom settling her two little boys down to have lunch while she fed her seven-week old girl. The older boy and I had a fun conversation about tigers and about baby names. Mom and I talked babies, told her when I was expecting and all that, and got to admire her sweet baby.

I asked the older boy about his favorite animals, and he said, "The baby chimpanzee." I normally skip the chimpanzees/primates, but since he said that, I detoured in and lo and behold! Tiny little chimp! About a year old, little toddler chimp, really. And OH MY GOSH. So adorable. He was swinging on the rope nets, and then ran up to the glass where me and another person were, and hit the glass really hard. I think he scared himself, so he ran over to his mom, who was close by. And, OH! Cuteness.

I feel this impending kinship with all maternal creatures, lately. So, watching baby chimp and mama was fascinating. Mama gave him a quick cuddle, and he was touching her and sucked her finger for a minute for comfort, and then wanted to go play again. She followed him partway, and then let him go by himself. There was an older chimp sitting by the door that led to the outside habitat. Baby chimp decides to swing on the door frame and kept kicking the other chimp in the forehead. Then he quit, but was still bugging the other chimp. Other chimp was ignoring the baby, but you know it had to be bugging him. So, after a minute, you can see Mama going, "Alright, that's enough, now" and she walks over to the baby and subtly gets him to move on and get all distracted by another piece of equipment. Like, "Let's leave Mr. Jones alone now. Hey, look at that! I wonder if this rope is fun to swing on!" I admired her skill. It was just all so human.

I :love: the zoo so much. It is my local safe and comforting place, where everything is good and clean and fascinating.
Last edited by starlooker on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:30 pm

You know, I should go walking more often. Because I don't hurt so much while I'm walking. I hurt more after, maybe, but it's worth it.
Walking is just about my favorite thing ever, right after showers, though not in a literal sense. My best thinking happens in motion and my body aches on the weekends when I let myself sit more.
Maybe I'm biased, because I/we love the tigers so much
Have you ever explained this and I missed it or are the origins unsaid on the board? I know you have the tigers at home, I know you have some epic and awesome pictures with the tigers at the zoo from awhile back, but when/how did this love affair start?

And yay! chimps! The apes and monkeys are my favorite. I love other animals, too, but the humanoid ones are the bee's knees for me.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Have you ever explained this and I missed it or are the origins unsaid on the board? I know you have the tigers at home, I know you have some epic and awesome pictures with the tigers at the zoo from awhile back, but when/how did this love affair start?
Oh, no, I've never explained. It just sort of evolved. I am, obviously, a huge cat lover. I've always loved the big cats, as my favorite non-domestic animals, but didn't have a big preference for the tiger.

Then, over Christmas 2007, I think, Donny bought me a stuffed tiger I named Gabriel. (Although, he just goes by Tiger, pronounced Tie-juhr.) When I moved to Wichita, the tiger became my favorite cuddle-friend. Then, Donny moved in, and became fascinated by our cats. And we had running jokes with Tiger, with Donny doing his voice. Then he bought me another tiger, and another, and I bought him one, etc. (We're up to nine, now, I think. Plus two bunnies and three or four penguins.) Our zoo opened a huge new tiger exhibit, and they are just SO beautiful and SO awesome. And we had some great visits where they were right up in the window, and of course, the tiger-donkey picture. And now we watch tiger documentaries on TV (sometimes with the stuffed tigers in attendance) and think about supporting wildlife funds dedicated to protecting tigers when we have money again some day, and are just madly in love with the animals.

What's neat is that our love affair pretty well grew together. It wasn't my hobby that he joined or vice versa.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:44 pm

I'm going to the Bronx Zoo tomorrow for the first time ever! I'm going with my SIL and my 8yo niece. I'm so excited! I've heard that it is hard to see everything in one day but I'll take lots of pictures. :)
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm going to the Bronx Zoo tomorrow for the first time ever! I'm going with my SIL and my 8yo niece. I'm so excited! I've heard that it is hard to see everything in one day but I'll take lots of pictures. :)
So, how was it? If you don't want to derail the thread, you can move the conversation to Randomness or start a zoo thread but I have a feeling zoo talk is okay in here. :)

And because I have to: ZOOSEX!!!

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:51 am

Somehow my brain has managed all these years to refrain from associating that word with zoos until now...
The enemy's fly is down.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Because it was freezing rain last night, I decided to go walk around the museum today instead. That was pleasant enough, especially chatting with the receptionist, but since the upstairs galleries were closed, not quite as much walking as I had in mind. So, since it was a beautiful day and my new sweater is very warm, I stopped to go once around a park trail on my way home.

I am still conflicted at times about having a boy instead of a girl. This is partly why I like walking outside, when there's no one around to hear me talking to my baby or watch me rub my belly. I feel most clear and happy and least conflicted during these walks. Today I was telling Little Bit all about all the things he's going to see and feel and hear in a few months when I take him to the park in a stroller. The blue sky and the geese and the trees and the houses and the pond and the wind and the ducks. And, of course, telling him how much I love him and can't wait to hold him and meet him. Wondering what he's going to look like and sound like.

And then, telling him, "And I'm going to be your mommy. Your only mommy in the whole wide world. There are lots of ladies who are mommies, but I'm the only one who gets to be your mommy. And that makes me really lucky."

Sometimes the simplest observations are the most profound. I am really lucky to get to be my little boy's mommy. And so, I'm feeling much more content.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:17 pm

And then, telling him, "And I'm going to be your mommy. Your only mommy in the whole wide world. There are lots of ladies who are mommies, but I'm the only one who gets to be your mommy. And that makes me really lucky."
:D

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Today I was telling Little Bit all about all the things he's going to see and feel and hear in a few months when I take him to the park in a stroller. The blue sky and the geese and the trees and the houses and the pond and the wind and the ducks. And, of course, telling him how much I love him and can't wait to hold him and meet him. Wondering what he's going to look like and sound like.

Sometimes the simplest observations are the most profound. I am really lucky to get to be my little boy's mommy. And so, I'm feeling much more content.
:stamp:

Today as we were walking I pointed out the different types of waterfowl to Nom and what noises they make.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Mommy Brontosaurus
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mommy Brontosaurus » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Vampire Baby keeps trying to feed from my neck.

I also call her Grunty-grunty, Sweetpea, Cutie-pie, (Cute) Little Bug, and a few others I can't recall. She's now 3.12kg or 6lb, 14-1/2oz, and 51.5cm. Holy carp, guys, she's normal-baby-sized!

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:23 am

We are 24 weeks as of yesterday. Time is flying so fast, it is beginning to frighten me.

A lot of things are beginning to frighten me. I had an actual meltdown before I went to sleep a couple of nights ago due to fear of labor and a fixation I have on the idea that breastfeeding is going to hurt at first. At Ali's insistence, I quit reading the Amazon reviews for nipple gel pads and creams, as they include graphic descriptions of nipple tearing and scabbing and blistering. So, I quit reading those, calmed myself down, and went on with my night. And then I read an advice column I follow regularly, and what was it about? The pain of breastfeeding early on. ACK. I am not sure why I've fixated so much on this. I assume it's representative of all of my anxieties about birth/motherhood.

I don't know. Overall, I've enjoyed pregnancy, and have felt a lot of delight in my body's changes and my baby's growth. But now and then, lately, I just feel like I'm caught in a frightening and fast river current and can barely get my head above water to take a breath. It frightens me. Not all the time, but more of the time right now. Probably because it's getting closer, and we're growing so quickly now.

I read somewhere that the Aztecs regarded giving birth as heroic and believed that moms who died in labor went to the same heaven as warriors who died in battle. For some reason, that really comforts me. It's kind of like this whole culture validating the idea that what's happening and what is going to happen are, you know, actually a really damn big deal, no matter how many women have gotten through it just fine.

Anyhow. Little Bit is now approximately one inch longer than that ruler that scared me so much way back when. And a pound and a half. Apparently, what's next on the table is that I'm going to start having fake contractions soon. I hope not too soon.

My family up north is going to give us a crib. I am so thankful and relieved about this, I cannot even tell you. I've been a bit scared of not being able to afford a crib for the past couple of weeks. But now it's okay, and my baby will have a place to sleep! And a friend with a one-year old will loan me a bassinet if we don't get the crib right away. She also gave me a TON of clothes and some crib bumpers yesterday. I still have to go through the clothes, but I do know there are two little caps with bear ears! This excites me. And hooded towels!

My stomach is so big that when I lay on my side, it's almost like having the baby laying next to me. I can actually cuddle my own stomach! It is an odd sensation. The cats are beginning to attempt to climb on my baby shelf. They can't quite fit up there, so they have their front half and paws laying on my stomach, and their back paws on the couch. And Tara, at least, seems to like this.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Mommy Brontosaurus
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mommy Brontosaurus » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:21 am

Baby Update, Week the Eighth.

On Thursday, Nom will be 8 weeks old. Two months. WHAT. Despite being early, she's only just barely delayed with the normal baby milestones. We saw her smile and laugh this past week, and she's wide awake and interested in the world. She prefers sleeping on her tummy, which makes me feel bad because she can't. Learn to roll, little bug, and then I won't be able to stop you! She's already massive strong, and can, when she chooses, mostly support her own weight standing. She also has a serious amount of neck control, which is awesome and adorable.

The hospital-grade soaker pads have been AMAZING and I already ordered another 3. She goes through stuff fast, between poo, piddle, and barf. She's grown into the "newborn" sized clothes, so we've given the tiny baby clothes to the special care baby unit nurse to pass on to someone else. She has lungs now, too. We LOVE going out in the Moby wrap, Nom looks around for a bit and then nods off. She eats CONSTANTLY, but is gaining serious weight, so it's all going where it ought to. I've only had to resort to formula two or three times when we had a supply/demand discrepancy, and not in ages, so that is totally awesome.

I have a baby, and she is gorgeous and adorable and I'm madly in love with her.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:35 am

The cats are beginning to attempt to climb on my baby shelf. They can't quite fit up there, so they have their front half and paws laying on my stomach, and their back paws on the couch. And Tara, at least, seems to like this.
That sounds absolutely adorable!

Ali, I can't believe it's been two months already, that's crazy!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:19 pm

I have a baby, and she is gorgeous and adorable and I'm madly in love with her.
:stamp:
The enemy's fly is down.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Baby Update, Week the Eighth.
We LOVE going out in the Moby wrap, Nom looks around for a bit and then nods off. She eats CONSTANTLY, but is gaining serious weight, so it's all going where it ought to. I've only had to resort to formula two or three times when we had a supply/demand discrepancy, and not in ages, so that is totally awesome.
Wraps are so awesome! We both loved ours so much. So excited to hear that eating is going well. That can be such a stress. DVDs were totally my best friends for marathon eating sessions. It drove me crazy if I would sit down and get all comfy and the remote was out of reach.

So happy for you. I love hearing updates.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:43 pm

I meant to post this awhile back. Donny walked in on me asleep and Reece tenderly cuddling the baby bump.

into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:58 pm

OMG! too CUTE!

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:44 am

Seriously adorable!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:58 pm

My free-floating anxiety has more or less dissipated regarding the breastfeeding thing. I've been reading about it like mad, but am no longer in a freaked out state over that. I think I've intellectualized past my worries.

So, I've moved on to fear-of-diabetes-and-giant-baby. Which tiptoes around the edge of my next anxiety, which I'm sure is going to have to do with labor and delivery. So, starting to research THAT. Which is good. Getting a jump on the anxiety. Although, I guess that means it'll just jump somewhere else.

Glucose test (one hour) is next week. I am trying to discover if there are any tricks to it, other than "eat protein beforehand." Sadly, not finding much. Nevertheless, studying for it as though it were a licensure exam.

Oh, also, been freaking out about not feeling the baby move as often as I think he should. He DOES move at least once a day, and I KNOW that the anterior placenta probably prevents me from feeling a lot, but still. He'll move, he'll play hide and seek with daddy, and I'll feel fine. And then an hour later, "What if something happened? What if that wasn't really him and was just stomach-y things? Move again, Little Bit!" Sadly, he does not respond to my anxious requests. "Chill, Mama, I'm FINE" is the vibe I'm guessing he's sending out.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Tried to take bump pictures today.

Hate them.

Cried. Hard.

Hate my face. Hate my breasts. HATE.

Want my body back. Wish all of this was just a baby growing in my belly and no "maternal tissue storage" and no tiredness and no ickiness.

Also woke up after nightmare about old job. Today was not a winner.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:02 am

*big, big hugs*
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:42 pm

:grouphug: for Kirsten. Was today any better?

I spent some time last night trying to write you some bad, personalized lyrics to BEP's My Humps but I was so short on time to do pretty much anything, it didn't get very far. I should have offered the hugs then, though.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks.

Today was a rollercoaster. Mostly about money. But not focused on the body issues, so there's that.

Little Bit tried very, very hard to kick Reece tonight. Sadly, Reece did not appear to notice his efforts. But another step in the right direction!
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Well, technically, Week 26 begins tomorrow morning, but since I didn't do an official Week 25 update, I figure a little early is okay.

Yay. 26 full weeks. Which means that the day after that will begin Week 27, which will mean I am in the third trimester according to some sources. I'm going with it. I don't feel nearly prepared financially to have this child, but this is the first week I have been like, "When is this going to END? I am SICK of being pregnant. Are we THERE yet?" I've enjoyed pregnancy wholeheartedly up till now.

It still has its moments, don't get me wrong. Little Bit doing his level best to kick the cat tonight was awesome. Especially since magically I am feeling all SORTS of kicks and movements compared to last week where it was still maybe once a day.

But the carpal tunnel and the night sweats and the nightmares and the hugeness and the worried anticipation and all of those things? Ready to be done. Want to hold my baby and look at him and smile at him and cuddle him.

Not TOO soon. I want him to be healthy. I know we've got some weeks to keep on a-cookin. And to hopefully get on our feet somehow, because we're SO not ready. But I think I am getting very ready to get ready so we can be ready so he can be HERE and we can all move on to talking about my crazy wonderful son instead of talking about me and what it's like to grow a crazy wonderful son. :)
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Return to “Milagre Town Square”