Monthly Photo Challenge

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Re: Monthly Photo Challenge

Postby LilBee91 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:28 pm

And now I am even more excited to go home for Christmas, so I can get the best winter picture ever! There isn't even snow here yet...
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Noodle
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pastamancer Tony
First Joined: 06 Feb 1916

Postby Noodle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:15 am

I missed October and November, but I really want to participate in December. Once it snows here I'll have a chance to take the pic I have envisioned.
Co-Founder of the Canadian Alliance

I'm known as Tony on the internet.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Back deck before and after the snow this week. It's actually still snowing, but my dad shoveled it off, so it's not so impressive right now. If the sunset is pretty enough this afternoon, I may double dip in this challenge...
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Platypi007
Soldier
Soldier
First Joined: 0- 0-2006

Postby Platypi007 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:20 am

I was leaving my apartment on Christmas morning for our church service and then my parents house for Christmas and I just had to snap this one:

It is a plant called sedum (sedum glaucophyllum to be precise) and it had grown leaves through the summer, flowering at the end of summer. Then those flowers and leaves died off but the temperate fall we had caused it to grow new growth and flower again in October (this was a small growth and smaller flower stems than normal). That growth died off but the temperate winter caused it to grow a third growth and flower once more (this time it was more like the usual summer ones)!

I have lived in the Deep South all my life, spending most of my time in South Carolina and New Orleans, LA. So, yeah, this says "winter" to me as much as any of your snow pictures say it to you. We rarely get snow, especially not in the early part of winter. I don't think I've seen a white Christmas in my life. If we do get snow it is in January or February. (Two years ago we got a LOT of snow for SC, I had to move my Mardi Gras party to the next night because no one could get here.)

(Also: it turns out my phone does really great photos if the subject is stationary and lit by natural light! Which sucks, because my supercute niece is rarely stationary... At least it does great video for that.)

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:11 am

Last day for pics, yikes! I don't have anything recent but here are two showing our winters at their finest. A huge snowstorm and devastating ice storm.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Return to “Milagre Town Square”