First World Problems

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Re: First World Problems

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed May 30, 2012 1:48 pm

None of this would cool my apartment off enough, I am assuming, to make hanging all over zero feel okay. A girl needs her cuddles. :mrgreen:

Also, slightly more seriously, a fan is going to be on its way from Amazon as soon as I can get it delivered on a day I'll be here to accept it. I also won't sleep with a window open unless a male is here with me (to sacrifice to any would be robbers/rapists :P ); my windows are literally at ground level and while I feel just as safe here as I did in AZ, if not more so, it seems like a stupid thing to keep my windows open while I'm asleep.

Curtains and ice trays are rather low on my list of priorities but I don't think the curtains are a bad investment. I just have to spread my spending money out.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed May 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Wait... you don't have curtains, but your windows are on ground level? :shock: :shock: :shock: :stoned:
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed May 30, 2012 2:46 pm

I have blinds.

I also have two rather large bushes right outside my living room and bedroom windows, making it near impossible to see to the street. [random storytime] I was walking around one day in my underwear (this was not unusual, having the blinds open was) when I got this feeling I should close the blinds. Not even 5 minutes later, a man was walking around my bedroom window, trimming the bushes.[/random storytime]

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed May 30, 2012 3:54 pm

It also depends on what temperature levels you're comfortable at. I'm guessing it was probably really hot (or really humid, or both) for Alea to be hot, since she's fairly used to heat. My brother keeps his house at 68 with central air, which I find a bit chilly. When it does get hot here, up to 85 or so and it's in the upper 70s in my house, I am warm but not dying. We do have a ceiling fan in the LR and a couple window fans in the other rooms, which help a lot.

However, none of that helped last night when it was in the low 90s and we lost power for about 10 hours. Now, THAT was hot.

re: Alea's story - that happened to me on occasion at our mobile home. I would walk around in my underwear before/after a shower and I didn't bother with blinds very often. Once in awhile, the maintenance man would wander through our yard to check the water meter or something and I would have to dive behind some furniture.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed May 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Double post: Also, this time of year having open windows and fans can create a problem. Each day I vacuum my hard wood floors and have a thick layer of yellow pine pollen in the bagless bin area when I empty it.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:53 pm

My phone died with an hour and a half left in a very quite evening at work. I don't know what to do when I can't text!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:14 pm

The humidity in my apartment caused my tea to harden into clumps of tasteless blah. The hot water did nothing for it. So sad. So first world.

GS
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ganon's Bane
First Joined: 02 Feb 1922

Postby GS » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:48 pm

I don't own a couch.
I don't want to do things. I want to not do things.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:45 pm

I've been super sick for the past week or so, and have been losing my voice. So of course I get 4 media bookings.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:51 pm

The 700 Club puts me to sleep without medication, so long as I can disengage and not hear any of the words spoken. I want to put my hand over Pat Roberson's mouth and tell him to SHUT UP. And that it's possible to be a conservative without being a liar and possible to be a Christian without being mean and elitist.

ETA: And just now he told a woman who said she'd tried six inpatient treatments for crack that it takes 21 days to make a habit so that's all it would take for her to quit. You know, not like most inpatient treatment programs are 28 days or anything. Then he told her that she should quit living in a small, dark room with the blinds closed (because now apparently she's a movie-style crack whore?) and walk in the sun to get serotonin in her eyes. I CANNOT.

And what thread does this even go in now? I guess this is my new first world problem.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:33 pm

I somehow let myself run out of cereal and decided it's just cold enough that walking to the store tonight isn't happening. I don't know what I'm going to do for breakfast tomorrow but I am sad.

Tell me more about those starving people in [3rd world country] again, please?

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:30 pm

My purple nail polish isn't as thick as my blue nail polish, so I have to do more then one coat if I want purple nails.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:50 am

My cranberry muffin looked delicious on cursory inspection but upon eating, the cranberries were only scattered on the top, visible surface. Boo!

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:37 am

Thats not right! If you buy a muffin with stuff on top you have every right to expect the same through to the bottom. You been robbed!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:51 am

My big stress in life right now, the thing that is causing me to lose sleep and occasionally freak out and do things like accidentally flush my pedometer down the toilet, is that I have to read a lot and draw/design a lot for work.

Sometimes I feel like such a wimp/bitch.

KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Postby KennEnder » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:56 am

indeed, I usually feel that our society is set up kind of funny... we like to "force creativity" and "make people have fun" ... it's easy to pretend that people can be creative 24/7, or have fun just because there are cookies and coke on the table - but in reality, those (and many other activities) are rather rare occurrences; inspiration and genius cannot be ordered up like a piece of toast... and trying to (as we always do) just puts enormous, counterproductive stresses on us :(
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:06 pm

I think my cell phone it trying to die... its screen keeps flashing white or white lines....

KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Postby KennEnder » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:35 pm

My car spontaneously didn't want to start for 10 minutes after I loaded it with stuff from Home Depot :(
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:31 am

I haven't even owned this car 24 hours yet and it's already dirty. Stupid rain.

On the other hand... I have a new car! :mrgreen:

The enemy's fly is down.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:43 am

Congrats! :)

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:46 pm

my new headphones mic won't turn off and it makes all my music sound like static

on the other hand I have head phones and a phone to use them with
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

Cassandra
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Cassandra » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:07 pm

I picked up some toothpaste from the store.
I didn't realize until I went to use it that it was the wrong brand and it was too late to go to the store again.
& I had to brush my teeth, I mean c'mon...
So I opened it and used it.
Now I have to use up the whole tube before I can go buy my favorite brand.
"Even though faith is above reason, there can never be any real disagreement between faith and reason, since it is the same God who reveals the mysteries and infuses faith, and who has endowed the human mind with the light of reason." -The Catholic Church, Session III, Chapter IV, Canon 5 of the First Vatican Council
http://endersansible.com

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:34 pm

or you can be like Ramona and squeeze the whole thing into the sink :mrgreen:
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 pm

Facebook was rude and reorganized my profile so my info tab doesn't show any of the interesting things I typed out in long form, like favorite books, etc. So I tried to enter them in as likes using the official "Books" section of my profile, and got this:

Apparently I read too much.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:04 am

One year after having my laptop stolen, I finally bit the bullet and sorted through all of my bird pictures (from backups and online sources) to figure out how much was lost for good. Out of 210 birds on my life list, 26 are not to be found from any source. I'm keeping them on the list, because that's just too many to take off (and I DID see them). But now I have to get new pictures of those.

Boothby
Former Speaker
Former Speaker
Title: Battle School Engineer

Postby Boothby » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:34 am

EP13:

Ooh, that would just burn me up! I would have clicked "CANCEL," instead of "CONFIRM," just to let them know who's boss!!!!
--Boothby

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:15 am

Guyssssss, I bought a new coat from Nordstrom online and it hasn't even shipped yet and I want it! (1)

This wouldn't even be possible if my stupid Christmas bonus was a Nordstrom gift card. (2)
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”