Everything That Is Not Allergies And Sinuses But Still TMI

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:05 pm

None of the libraries that I go to even have self-checkout, even the city-ish ones.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Just for a TMI, I'd venture to say at least half of the quiet time I have while I'm on the Circ desk is spent in some sort of sexual fantasy (thinking it, not doing it, weirdos). This is probably why I get so damn annoyed when a patron won't check out their own book at the Self Check that is a whopping 3 or 4 feet away from me. "He's getting to the good part in my head, you lazy, incompetent person! Now I have to start over from the beginning!"
So what you're saying is that you could teach the patrons a thing or two about self-service?
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:16 pm

"Something important," haha. No, I think most people would welcome the interruption and are bored. I am probably in the minority on this one.
i only assume someone is bored if they look bored.

but i think you should wear a sign that says "not bored, just fantasizing" or "go away!" or "i'm picturing you naked" or "you're doing dirty things in my mind"

perhaps when you fantasize you look bored. in which case you need to step up your skills!
Ubernaustrum

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:27 pm

So what you're saying is that you could teach the patrons a thing or two about self-service?

Please meet our regular patrons and tell me you can be/stay aroused with that image in your head or hearing that joke.

"i'm picturing you naked" or "you're doing dirty things in my mind"
See above and as an addendum, I suspect I'm weird in this regard but I don't fantasize about strangers. Ever. Even the really attractive ones. I think to myself, "Hey, they're pretty good looking." and then move on. I will occasionally think, "Hey, they're pretty good looking. I wonder if they'd go out with me." but I don't progress to dirty thoughts of anyone unless I'm interested in the emotional stuff, too, and know them well enough to know they're not an attractive douche.
perhaps when you fantasize you look bored. in which case you need to step up your skills!
Hm. Might have a point. I tend to be pretty hard to read if I'm not engaged with someone else. As soon as it's time to escape into myself, my face goes kind of blank. My family knows this look rather well and will tend to ask what it is I'm so caught up in or will leave me alone, if they're not feeling curious.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Please meet our regular patrons and tell me you can be/stay aroused with that image in your head or hearing that joke.

I just meant that you could show them how to use the self check-out.

Wow, you are a perv. :?
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Here's a TMI: I have always had really dry and flaky feet. Just on the bottom, the soles. Sometimes they're almost normal, a lot of times they're really gross and peely with dead skin in tiny little patches. I would pick at them when I was little, but have grown out of the habit. Every once in a while, though, I get a thick tiny patch that hooks on socks or carpet, so I just reach down and peel it off. But right now I have this really aggravating patch, about 4 mm square, that I can't. It's too thick. If I pull it off I'll bleed everywhere, and I know this because I stupidly pulled it halfway off. So it's now getting caught on everything and hurts when it does and I can't really do anything about it and it's so aggravating.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:42 am

Try clipping the worst of it off with nail clippers, and then let it heal up and take a pumice to it.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:45 am

That's what I'm going to do. Well, minus the pumice stone, because I don't have one. I was just going to wait until after I took a shower, so it was super-soft, easier to manipulate.

Row--row.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 pm

I used to get that all the time. For some reason I don't think I've noticed it in the last... I wanna say couple of years or so. I'm not sure if I starting doing something different to make it go away.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 am

That's what I'm going to do. Well, minus the pumice stone, because I don't have one. I was just going to wait until after I took a shower, so it was super-soft, easier to manipulate.
You should get a pumice stone. I have the same problem and they REALLY help.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:35 am

Actually I completely neglected to "trim" it and then checked on it last night and it had completely healed to the foot. So that's pretty cool.

Row--row.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:40 am

I'd still get a pumice stone for prevention. It's a lot easier.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:46 am

It actually sounds like a fungus to me. I'd get anti-fungal stuff and see if it helps.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:25 am

My feet tend to shed once a year. Nothing deep, just the top first layer of skin. It's really gross. The ball of my foot tends to get really built up with a callous, and then split, and I usually end up pulling that skin away absent minded.

I also had a plantar wart problem that wasn't so little. I had one, and then one soggy foot in a soggy shoe afternoon later my foot has eight or nine. Then somehow my other foot got them. Took months for me to get rid of them. Finally the doctor just cut them away with a scalpel. We tried the OTC freeze-burn-them-off thing and it didn't work at all. It really looked terrible. (Gross, FYI)

Thankfully, those are gone.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:30 pm

I'd just like to be able to eat, you know? I feel nauseated pretty much all the time and I HATE IT. I take zofran sometimes as much 15 doses a week and have done so for over a year.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:22 pm

What causes the nausea? Or is it idiopathic?
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:45 pm

After ultrasounds, nuclear scans, bloodwork, endoscopies, and biopsies.... it's still a crapshoot. I do have a hiatal hernia, but that shouldn't really be making me sick like this. My doctor is still adamant that it's my gallbladder. He even sent me to consult with a surgeon, who told me that considering the ultrasound showed no stones and my HIDA scan showed no problems at all, it would be a 50/50 chance of helping if I had it removed. I really don't want to have unnecessary surgery, especially considering I have no other symptoms and no family history.

At least it's not cancer, though, which was our first fear, because my maternal grandmother had it in her thirties.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Re: Everything That Is Not Allergies And Sinuses But Still T

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:54 pm

double post.

I am now almost completely convinced that the stress of these growing pains is what made me so sick last night, because I read a couple "intense" posts and whoop, there goes lunch.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 am

Alright, this one is pretty gross and about zits, but I need to tell someone, because it's just too weird.

I get zits on my back. I guess this is pretty common. Nothing too serious, just the occasional big one, right on my shoulder blade. They hurt like hell, so I normally do my best to make them not feel welcome. This has led to me bleeding through an expensive shirt when I don't even think about if it's a good time to pop one or not, but thus is life.

So yesterday the huge (relatively, we're not talking a mutant-sized ones, just ones that would stand out if they were on a face) zit on my back was bugging me, so I reached beneath my shirt, scratched off the tip or whatever you call it and pinched the offender. I thought I immediately felt something give way, thus signaling the end of the encounter, but when I brought my hand back to the front of me, I saw that I had a tiny black stone clenched between my fingers. It looked like an extremely tiny blueberry: almost perfectly round, with a tiny puckered "stem" at one end. Except it was as hard as a rock, and about two millimeters in diameter.

I kind of freaked out for a bit, before throwing it away in disgust and hearing it "ting" off of the wall. Like, WHAT THE HECK?

I've had light to moderate acne on my face and chest since I was sixteen, and normally deal with it by just leaving it alone; the ones on my back are pretty much the only ones I even can pop because the rest just kind of hover and scar up everything. But I've never had that. Anyway, from what the uninformed internet tells me, it was probably just the most gigantic blackhead ever. Which is equally disgusting.

Row--row.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:11 pm

This is probably way TMI, but ah well.

I have recently been eating Honey Smacks for breakfast, and it makes my pee smell like Honey Smacks. This does not happen with any other sugary cereals, and the scent is not just vaguely sweet. It smells EXACTLY like Honey Smacks. Clearly it just goes straight through my body.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:16 pm

I haven't eaten Honey Smacks in years, but I know when I've had too much sugar because my pee smells exactly like it, too!

That sucks about the zit!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:14 pm

I think that happens to me with Honey Smacks too. It also happens with Cheerios. And coffee. I guess my pee is suggestible. :D

The other theory, of course, is that my super sniffer just allows me to smell things in my pee that other people wouldn't notice.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:23 pm

I would have thought that sweet smelling pee suggested diabetes.

You know how doctors used to test for that, right?
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Taste people's pee, right?

And mine does not smell sweet at all, just like actual cereal. Especially the cheerios.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Yup. They tasted it.

Which reminds me of when I had my students do a urinalysis lab without telling them that the urine was artificial.

Well, actually, I did tell them that I made it, but was somewhat vague on how. :wink:
Last edited by neo-dragon on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Well, actually, I did tell them that I made it, but was somewhat vague on how. :wink:
HA!

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:02 pm

My dog has some seriously funky butt issues right now. I noticed her sitting strangely and went to investigate, with caution, and it looks infected or something. It's all swollen and red and puffy and I surprisingly didn't gag or throw up seeing it. I am worried but not terribly grossed out; now that is love.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander

Postby VelvetElvis » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Maybe she has anal gland issues?
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Yeah, my only other guess is she got stung or bit but that seems too...I don't know, complicated. Occam's Razor and all that jazz.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Time for puppy to go to the vet!
-Kim

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Definitely. I'm not a fan of doctor types for me but for her? Better to be safe than sorry.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:08 pm

I like how your dogs bring out your maternal side. :D
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:37 pm

Being pregnant with a cough creates a unique and embarrassing problem. I cannot prevent myself from peeing every time I have to cough. I hate holding my cough until I can make it to the bathroom.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Is this a common problem? I'd never heard of such a thing until now.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:06 pm

I don't think late term incontinence is UNcommon...but what do I know?

Return to “Milagre Town Square”