Confessions of a 20-something mother

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:38 pm

Confession: I love sneezing. It's such a funny feeling. I also love hiccuping (when it doesn't hurt).
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:12 am

Confession: I took an online Stanford-Binet IQ test, and found out that my IQ was 122 - somewhat above average. And while it made me happy, I was also disappointed, because I wanted 10 more points- 132- the minimum score to be eligible to join Mensa. Maybe the fact that I took the test in a language that isn't my native language has something to do with it?..
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:06 am

I need more jeans. I think I have exactly one unholy pair. That's not a good collection.
I offer my services as official butt checker-outer.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Wouldn't "butt watcher" be more suited for this forum?

Confession: I've been ignoring the Enderverse section of pweb because I'm ashamed I haven't made time to read the new book, even though I've had it for two months, now.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Confession: I use pweb as more of an outlet than anything else. I used to have friends here, but I really don't talk to any of them anymore. I lurk, and post only to vent. I've come to realize that I'm not seen that way, and I don't really understand why.
The password is "guilty"

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:30 pm

Confession: As a very curious person, the latest Dear You is totally KILLING me. I keep dissecting it trying to figure out who it's to. Dang. I'm never going to know.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:55 am

Man, I hear that. I keep checking PWeb, hoping that someone will respond, but figuring/knowing that no one will.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:29 am

Confession: It was to me and it was very good to hear all of it.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Oh, right. A confession. I take this show way too seriously. The first time I saw the Grave Digger episode, I refused to go home by myself, I was that freaked out. (Another thing that pisses me off was how they didn't either 1) catch Gravedigger or 2) follow up on it.)

OH MY GOD, Kirsten did you watch tonight's episode?! I totally thought of you when I saw it!
-Kim

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:31 pm

Confession: I've long felt that were anyone in my family (or local friends) to find Pweb and make it known, I'd never post again because it'd lose its purpose for me.

Last night, a family member spotted it before I was able to close the browser and started asking questions, that I might have answered if I had the time just then.

My confession is, a very large part of me wanted them to open the browser (since I currently save my tabs, Pweb would pop right back up) again and start reading. I was very much tempted to open it again for them, but I was on my way out.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:11 pm

Oh, right. A confession. I take this show way too seriously. The first time I saw the Grave Digger episode, I refused to go home by myself, I was that freaked out. (Another thing that pisses me off was how they didn't either 1) catch Gravedigger or 2) follow up on it.)

OH MY GOD, Kirsten did you watch tonight's episode?! I totally thought of you when I saw it!
Yes! Yes, I did! My subconscious is very happy that they finally resolved this.

That said, I was actually rather disappointed for a few reasons. This episode not have NEAR the impact on me that the first one did.

*Spoilers for Bones*
The whole "ghost" thing seemed a little too contrived -- perhaps if we had some hint that this was a major inner struggle for Booth prior to this episode it would have meant more. It also took away from the seriousness of Booth's situation. When it was Hodge and Brennan, the fact that they were together was hopeful, but, in some ways, made it more scary/worrisome as the spoke their fears to each other. With Booth it was distracting to be trying to figure out who the ghost was and if he was real, which took away from the drama of the situation. Also, seriously, the whole point of the Grave Digger is that she buries people, not just randomly blows them up. With regards to the identity of GD, again, disappointed. They treated it like any other episode -- introduce a bunch of random people in the first scene and then use one of them. But this is not one episode. GD needed to have been included somewhere else along the line. Plus, I'm SURE that they initially intended it to be Vega and the journalist because of how totally invested they were in GD's infallibility in the first episode when it turned out GD miscalculated and there were only 12 hours of air for two people. Then, a little bit later, they get a call saying Hodge and Brennan only have 12 hours and everyone's like, "He learned from his mistake" but no one except the people in the room at that moment knew he made a mistake! Now, obviously, they had to get rid of the notion it was those two at the beginning because they were such obvious suspects; still, though, it feels a bit retconned. Oh, and I wish Sweets would've waited to deliver his lines about how "she won't talk" until she'd sat in menacing silence a time or two. Although, really, once they had her locked up, she did look like a creepy killer. I think it was the eyeshadow.

Oh, and this is really nitpicky, but I wish that Brennan would have taken off her stupid earrings at some point.
I haven't seen all of season 4, but honestly, I'm getting less and less enthralled with the show. Although I did like their circus act. :)
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Confession: I don't want to tell him the latest because he told me so.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Silly confession: I joined facebook finally. The reason? I wanted to see the hoops & yoyo fb page. I'm so addicted to hoops & yoyo. I mean just listen to the pirate february bit currently on their homepage.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:24 pm

confession, the main reason I want to visit NYC at some theoretical point in the future is that it might result in the opportunity to sample Kelly's cooking. :)
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:48 pm

confession, the main reason I want to visit NYC at some theoretical point in the future is that it might result in the opportunity to sample Kelly's cooking. :)
I was thinking that I needed to sample Kelly's cooking as well. All the food sounds amazing! Besides, I blame it on Kelly that I've started making bread every week. We even took some of our wheat to my mother-in-law's house this weekend because she has a grinder, so this week's bread was made with fresh ground wheat flour! Thanks for inspiring me, Kel! (BTW, french toast made with homemade bread is AMAZING!)
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Confession: I originally thought that was for me. I made it fit. Then, when I found out it wasn't, I sighed a huge sigh of relief.

Confession: I always have an exit strategy planned.

Confession: I'm depressed tonight, but not for myself.
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:56 am

I have a pint glass mug I got for being an usher in my cousin's wedding, it has etched on it, "Adam" and "Usher" below my name. I use it for drinking water pretty much every day. Looking at it tonight I was thinking about how perfect it was for holding a pint, as regular 8 oz glasses annoy the heck out of me for holding what I consider to be a single drink/gulp for the most part. now I'll often still down a pint of water in one go and fill it up again to drink more slowly over the next ten minutes to two hours, but it's nice not feeling I have to drink two-three glasses of water to slake just your everyday thirst. (this water drinking stuff is related to how I got my college nickname, not passing that name on here. :-p) anyway as I was looking at it tonight I thought of "they come in pints?! I want one" from fellowship of the ring.

And that leads (finally) to the confession.

Confession: everytime I hear or think the word, "Pint," the phrase, "little half-pint of cider half-drunk up" comes to mind. and I sort of think that those books, and that phrase in particular led to an early interest in cooking, as well as in math (in order to figure out how much liquid, precisely, Laura was supposed to be).

And I really really really should reread those books. I've never read any of them on my own except Farmer Boy and the last time I heard the others was when my Mom went through the ritual read through of the series when Sally was six-sevenish and I was eleven-twelvish.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:13 am

Yay, Little House!

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:39 am

Nethack is a long, difficult game (at least, before you've beaten it). I had a saved game I'd been playing on and off for months. It was the first time I'd even gotten to Gehennom, and I was even several levels deep, had defeated Vlad, and had lots of good equipment, heavy enchantments, etc.

Nethack is also known for the ability to die in just a few turns if you're not paying attention, no matter how well you're doing. It's happened to me before, and it's annoying, but okay, whatever. This is the first time I lost a game because I quit without saving. I'm just a f****** idiot. I don't know if I'll ever be able to muster the effort to try again, now.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:08 am

Confession: Since optimism hasn't worked out that well for me the last few weeks, I've turned to pessimism.
We do! We do!
We do! We do!
We do! We do!
We do, we do!

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:00 pm

I've been researching effective suicide methods for the first time in three years. Because, you know, if I ever was to do it, it better work.
The password is "guilty"

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:49 pm

I went to my old middle school yesterday for a community event for the first time in almost 20 years. Beforehand, I wasn't able to remember it at all (except for the library) which was kind of disconcerting. As soon as I walked in, it all came flooding back...which was also kind of disconcerting. Those were not happy years.

Now to my confession: I snuck away from the event and walked down the very dark hallways to the library. I found a book and read for almost an hour before reluctantly rejoining the group.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Wil's edits of Kimmie's picture make me wish I'd been going out with my boyfriend when we were in Europe last year. We could have had the most amazing pictures ever. But no, we were just friends, and didn't take that many photos together at all... Lame.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:25 am

Whenever I see "G D" or "G_D", I keep thinking of when some people censor themselves from writing God by saying G-d (or G-D). In a way, it keeps looking like Alea signs some of her stuff as God.

dgf hhw

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:42 pm

Confession: Whenever I see G D, I read it as 'God Dammit'. So Alea signs stuff as God and curses herself at the same time. Silly girl. :D

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:23 am

I didn't know Behemoth and Leviathan were Biblical creatures, for some reason. Somehow I thought Leviathan was Indian... perhaps because Leviathan and Shiva are espers in FFVI, and Shiva was one of the first esper names I recognized from something else... so I just associated unknown esper names with India/Hinduism.

dgf hhw

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Confessions » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:48 am

I can't tell if I have an anxiety disorder or if I'm just overanalyzing. Either way, I need new techniques for coping with stress, because mine are not working anymore.
The password is "guilty"

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:23 am

Today's/tomorrow's Sinfest reminds me of Home Alone. If anyone else knows why, you get a gold star.

dgf hhw

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:19 am

Confession: I never saw neither of the Home Alone movies. Nor did I see the Star Wars movies or Titanic. And I most certainly don't intend to.
We do! We do!
We do! We do!
We do! We do!
We do, we do!

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:03 am

Today's/tomorrow's Sinfest reminds me of Home Alone. If anyone else knows why, you get a gold star.
You're still afraid of Old Man Marley, though, right?
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:05 am

I can forgive you for Titanic and Home Alone, but you really do need to see the original Star Wars movies.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:04 pm

You're still afraid of Old Man Marley, though, right?
He freaked the crap out of me when I was little. Same with that furnace. Brrrrrr, the furnace.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

3nder
Soldier
Soldier

Postby 3nder » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:35 pm

WOW i haven't been able to get onto this forum for ages because my computer broke but now I'm back and im surprised that this topic is still going. but apparently now i have anger problems because i want to kill about one third of my school because i was bullied all through primary school because i was good at math and science and i get told i need an outlet otherwise i might click one day and ill ruin my whole life....

im not a violent person i just hate alot of people and if i do kill them its win win because i wont have to bother about any of them any more and they will get what they really deserve in hell... wait thats the tiny Satan in me talking.

Its good to be back.
Never go to bed angry....
Stay up and plot your revenge.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:21 pm

Hey... hey there 3nder, hey... Hey, how about... instead of desiring to kill people who teased you, maybe you should like, I dunno, get over it? Move on? Be good at math and science and have a successful career and watch them wallow in obscurity while you go on to find a cure for people who have emo murderous urges?

Yea, that'd be nice, wouldn't it? Yea...

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:36 pm

Yeah, I'm inclined to think that not killing them is the real win-win scenario. They get to not be dead, and you avoid ruining your entire life over some adolescent angst.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Return to “Milagre Town Square”