File Recovery

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
lyons24000
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Darn Red Shells!

File Recovery

Postby lyons24000 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi everyone. Haven't been around in a while. Missed ya!

Anyhow, last night a bunch of stuff was erased off my computer. Pictures, word documents, etc. I was wondering if there was any free program or any computer capabilities that that will help me retrieve all of the files. I downloaded a program that allowed me to retrieve about half of the missing files.

Also, I downloaded about four or five different programs and some of them found the missing files, gave me a preview of those files but then told me I needed to purchase the program to retrieve everything. Unfortunately, I do not have the money to buy anything but I really want to those files back.

Can anybody help me? I know that a lot of the people on here are computer literate geeky supernerds :P and so was wondering about getting some help. I've been to about a dozen different websites but they don't really help me at all because the programs they recommend must be purchased.

Thanks in advance.
"This must be the end, then."-MorningLightMountain, Judas Unchained

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:59 pm

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Except... you shouldn't be doing ANYTHING on the computer in which you deleted the files on, including downloading. Why? Because you will probably over-write the files you deleted and you'll never be able to get them back. Still, you might be able to recover them with this program still. Download it using a different computer and put it on a flash drive. Then open the program on the flash drive and recover the files that way.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:35 pm

I used DiskInternals NTFS REader to recover files off an Hd that had been dead and shuttered for two years.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

lyons24000
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Darn Red Shells!

Postby lyons24000 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks Wil
"This must be the end, then."-MorningLightMountain, Judas Unchained

Return to “Milagre Town Square”