Friday Night Fight Thread

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Friday Night Fight Thread

Postby CezeN » Mon May 31, 2010 2:43 pm

You guys know those more serious debates, the ones where you randomly pair up two people and discuss who would win in a fight.

Because of the serious nature of these debates, I think they deserve their own thread.

Who would win in a fight?
(winning is not limited to killing, but includes trapping the opponent in an area outside of the initial ring so that he/she cannot continue the fight; getting the opponent to "submit" or backdown or surrender; knocking your opponent out of existance; and disabling your opponent long enough for him/her to miss getting up by the 20 second count
Disclaimer: Don't try these moves at home)

1. Goku

vs.

Superman

....GO!
ETA: Stats will be shown below.
Last edited by CezeN on Mon May 31, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon May 31, 2010 2:45 pm

You did this wrong. It's supposed to be on Fridays, so you can call it the Friday Night Fight Thread.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Mon May 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Do you want me to change it to that or something?
While giving the rest of the time to discuss this fight, and moving on to the next one on Friday?

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon May 31, 2010 2:51 pm

Your call. Seriously, though, I would maybe have started out a little more broadly or given some stats; I'm not nerdy enough to know who the top guy is, so I'd vote for Superman on recognition alone.

Unless your goal was to narrow your potential audience to only the nerdy. Then it is fine as is.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Mon May 31, 2010 2:54 pm

Goku hands down. Let's run down the list:

Chi blasts. Sure, Superman has laser eyes, but Goku's chi blasts can destroy planets. Yeah. Planets. It took the Empire a moon-sized super-battle-station to do that. And they had the Force.

Goku can teleport. Duh.

Goku gives off such a powerful aura that the Earth (or whatever planet he's currently on) shakes violently and things start to levitate around him.

Goku has far superior hand-to-hand combat skill as a life-long supernatural martial-artist.

Even being conservative, the best Superman can do in terms of speed is match Goku. And that's not taking teleportation into consideration.

Goku lost his tail early on, which was his only weakness. Without it, he has nothing to exploit. Superman has two weaknesses, Kryptonite and red-sun radiation.

Goku has the Spirit Bomb. End of story there.

Goku can transform into higher plateau levels of power. Superman only has one level.

Even going all-out, Superman just can't touch Goku. Seriously. It's no contest.
Discord ID: AJ#0001

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Mon May 31, 2010 3:00 pm

[geek]
Goku would win.

Even if they're about equal in terms of physical strength, speed, and invulnerability Goku has a couple of distinct advantages. First, fighting ability. As far as I know Superman has very little actual combat training while Goku is perhaps the greatest martial artist in the dragon ball universe. Fighting is his whole life. Second, Superman has nothing that compares to Goku's ki blasts. I know he has his heat vision, but dbz characters well below Goku's peak level have demonstrated the ability to literally destroy planets with single attacks.
[/geek]

*edit to add
yeah, Satya pretty much covered my arguments and then some.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Mon May 31, 2010 3:07 pm

Because the first battle I think was totally lopsided, I have a second one right off the bat. I think this one is a bit more even, but might draw some zealous side-pickers: A THREE WAY BATTLE OF THE BLOOD!

Blade ______________versus______________ Vampire Hunter D ______________versus______________ Alucard

ImageImageImage

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Mon May 31, 2010 3:24 pm

Okay some stats.

First, I'll like to start off showcasing each of these fighters in action.

Goku:

Superman:
(can't find a gif and I spent a super long time looking)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoejLjTx8hQ
Skip to :40

Goku:
Wikipedia
Through constant training, Goku has achieved many abilities; aside from his extreme strength and incredible durability, he also possesses super speed,[19] reflexes and can perform energy blasts which are formed from chi. As a child, Goku wielded the Nyoi-bo (如意棒, lit. "Mind Stick"?, renamed "Power Pole" in the English dub), a magic staff that extends and retracts on command, which was given to him by his adoptive grandfather.[1] He also learns, through simple observation, Master Roshi's energy blast technique the Kamehameha (かめはめ波, lit. "Turtle Striking Wave"?), which becomes his signature move. Originally Goku's main means of conveyance was on a magic cloud called Kinto-un (筋斗雲, lit. "Somersault Cloud"?, renamed "Nimbus" in the English dub), which was given to him as a child by Roshi for saving his pet sea turtle.[21] After his training with Kami he learns to fly through the technique Buku-jutsu (舞空術, lit. "Air Dance Technique"?) and uses the cloud less and less as the series progresses.

Another notable technique of Goku's is the Kaio-ken (界王拳, lit. "World King Fist"?), an attack that multiplies the user's chi for an instant, taught to him by King Kai.[22] However, Goku's most powerful attack is the Genki Dama (元気玉, lit. "Good Spirit Ball"?, renamed "Spirit Bomb" in the English dub), a powerful sphere created by gathering chi energy from surrounding life forms, which he also learned from King Kai.[11] Goku also learns a teleportation skill called Shunkan Ido (瞬間移動, lit. "Instant Movement"?, renamed "Instant Transmission" in the English dub), which he learned from the inhabitants of a fictional planet called Yardrat.[23]

Goku is also the only Saiyan in the series to achieve all the Saiyan transformations seen in the manga. In Dragon Ball, he is able to transform into a gigantic ape called an Oozaru,[24] albeit after his tail is removed by Kami, he loses the capacity to achieve this form.[25] However, in Dragon Ball GT, Goku is able to use this transformation again after regrowing his tail using the Elder Kai's help.[26]

During the events of Dragon Ball Z, Goku becomes the first Super Saiyan in a millennium after being overcome with rage by the murder of Krillin at the hands of Frieza and as the series progresses he achieves every single advanced level of Super Saiyan. Each transformation changes Goku's appearance and enhances his abilities.

Goku can also fuse with Vegeta and create a warrior who has the combined power and skills of both. One method is by using the Potara Earrings presented to Goku by the Elder Kai, which results in a 'perfect fusion', creating Vegito.[28] The other method is by performing the Metamorese Fusion Dance, which creates Gogeta, or if performed incorrectly forms the obese Veku.
Superman:
Wikipedia:
As an influential archetype of the superhero genre, Superman possesses extraordinary powers, with the character traditionally described as "faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound", a phrase coined by Jay Morton and first used in the Superman radio serials and Max Fleischer animated shorts of the 1940s[93] as well as the TV series of the 1950s. For most of his existence, Superman's famous arsenal of powers has included flight, super-strength, invulnerability to non-magical attacks, super-speed, vision powers (including x-ray, heat-emitting, telescopic, infra-red, and microscopic vision), super-hearing, and super-breath, which enables him to blow out air at freezing temperatures, as well as exert the propulsive force of high-speed winds.[94]

As originally conceived and presented in his early stories, Superman's powers were relatively limited, consisting of superhuman strength that allowed him to lift a car over his head, run at amazing speeds and leap one-eighth of a mile, as well as incredibly tough skin that could be pierced by nothing less than an exploding artillery shell.[94] Siegel and Shuster compared his strength and leaping abilities to an ant and a grasshopper.[95] When making the cartoons, the Fleischer Brothers found it difficult to keep animating him leaping and requested to DC to change his ability to flying. (This was an especially convenient concept for short films, which would have otherwise had to waste precious running time moving earthbound Clark Kent from place to place.)[96] Writers gradually increased his powers to larger extents during the Silver Age, in which Superman could fly to other worlds and galaxies and even across universes with relative ease.[94] He would often fly across the solar system to stop meteors from hitting the Earth, or sometimes just to clear his head. Writers found it increasingly difficult to write Superman stories in which the character was believably challenged,[97] so DC made a series of attempts to rein the character in. The most significant attempt, John Byrne's 1986 rewrite, established several hard limits on his abilities: He barely survives a nuclear blast, and his space flights are limited by how long he can hold his breath.[98] Superman's power levels have again increased since then, with Superman currently possessing enough strength to hurl mountains, withstand nuclear blasts with ease, fly into the sun unharmed, and survive in the vacuum of outer space without oxygen.
next time, if I know the people, I'll actually summarize their powers for the stats.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Mon May 31, 2010 3:28 pm

Hey hey, Satya, this debate isn't over.

I'm sure people can think up arguments for Superman, let's give it more time.

Okay?

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Mon May 31, 2010 3:42 pm

Goku hands down. Let's run down the list:

Chi blasts. Sure, Superman has laser eyes, but Goku's chi blasts can destroy planets. Yeah. Planets. It took the Empire a moon-sized super-battle-station to do that. And they had the Force.

Goku can teleport. Duh.

Goku gives off such a powerful aura that the Earth (or whatever planet he's currently on) shakes violently and things start to levitate around him.

Goku has far superior hand-to-hand combat skill as a life-long supernatural martial-artist.

Even being conservative, the best Superman can do in terms of speed is match Goku. And that's not taking teleportation into consideration.

Goku lost his tail early on, which was his only weakness. Without it, he has nothing to exploit. Superman has two weaknesses, Kryptonite and red-sun radiation.

Goku has the Spirit Bomb. End of story there.

Goku can transform into higher plateau levels of power. Superman only has one level.

Even going all-out, Superman just can't touch Goku. Seriously. It's no contest.
Your list is great and all, but this isn't a summation of all their skills, apply what you're saying to Superman.

I consider Superman more invincible than Goku. After all, Goku still needs to breath. All those weapons are great, but would they even be able to pierce Superman's invunerable shell of a skin? I don't think so.

Superman fights superpowered villains all the time. If extremely powerful energy attacks could do him in, he'd be dead by now(though I'm sure he's probably died once or twice in some random issue).

On the otherhand, Goku has died - how many times? Quite a lot.

I also posit that Superman's strength outmatches Goku.
Same with his speed, after all, Superman travels across galaxies, from planet to planet. Even at the speed of light, those trips would take forever.
On the otherhand, Goku has to use a ship.
So, ignoring the teleportion, I think that Superman is faster than Goku.

Also, Goku is way more mortal than Superman. His tail isn't the only weakness that Superman can exploit. I'd say that he could be killed by gas, poison, need for warmth, air, sustenance, etc.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Mon May 31, 2010 3:48 pm

Arguments for Superman?

Let's see...

He calls Batman for help. Batman comes up with a way to neutralize Goku. Superman wins.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Mon May 31, 2010 3:51 pm

I consider Superman more invincible than Goku. After all, Goku still needs to breath. All those weapons are great, but would they even be able to pierce Superman's invunerable shell of a skin? I don't think so.
Goku flies through space all the time. You obviously weren't paying attention. And Superman being able to be pierced by an exploding shell is proof enough he's vulnerable.
On the otherhand, Goku has died - how many times? Quite a lot.
And guess what? He came back from the dead. And only after being killed by enemies that would reduce Superman to ashes in moments.
Goku has to use a ship.
Only at the beginning. Which is another thing - Goku keeps getting stronger and stronger, Superman is just the same. If your battle is "Goku at his strongest" and 'Superman at his strongest' this isn't even a contest.

Even at a TENTH of his power, Goku was fighting enemies that would annihilate Superman in an instant. And at his ultimate power? GOKU KILLS A f****** GOD. Are you kidding me? No, wait - it gets better - HE KILLS SEVEN GODS IN A ROW, BECOMING A GOD HIMSELF. Superman gets beat by f****** BATMAN at one point. Sure, he exploits Superman's weakness, but that's just more proof that Superman is vulnerable. He gets beat by a guy with no superpowers. At all.

Superman is at best as "physically strong" as Goku, at best is "physically fast" as Goku, has more weaknesses, can't fire energy blasts, isn't as good at hand-to-hand-combat and never gets any better than he is.
Last edited by Satya on Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Mon May 31, 2010 3:51 pm

The rule is that if you want to incorporate someone outside of the initial fight, both parties get the same amount of help.

So, if Superman calls Batman, Goku calls Bulma?
Bulma being genius enough to make a time machine, which Goku could use...

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Mon May 31, 2010 3:54 pm

The rule is that if you want to incorporate someone outside of the initial fight, both parties get the same amount of help.

Superman is the "strongest" in the DC universe. But there are several characters in the DBZ universe that approach Goku - Vegeta, the Dragons, Ultimate Gohan, etc. If the argument becomes "DC vs DBZ" it's just as lopsided as Goku vs Superman.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Mon May 31, 2010 4:00 pm

Even at a TENTH of his power, Goku was fighting enemies that would annihilate Superman in an instant. And at his ultimate power? GOKU KILLS A f****** GOD. Are you kidding me? No, wait - it gets better - HE KILLS SEVEN GODS IN A ROW, BECOMING A GOD HIMSELF. Superman gets beat by f****** BATMAN at one point. Sure, he exploits Superman's weakness, but that's just more proof that Superman is vulnerable. He gets beat by a guy with no superpowers. At all.
Are you talking about GT? Because it's really debatable whether that counts as dragon ball canon. And I don't think that either Goku or Superman can fly through space unprotected for very long.

As I said above, I think that they're about equal in terms of invulnerability. Conventional threats like bullets bounce off both of them with no effect. Both of them have withstood blows that make mountains shake.
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Mon May 31, 2010 4:05 pm

But Goku has also withstood blasts that would destroy the planet he's on if he didn't stop it. Something that would blow up the planet Superman was on would KILL Superman, no question.

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Mon May 31, 2010 4:06 pm

Comics = Canon. Superman exists mostly in comics, and so does Goku.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Mon May 31, 2010 4:16 pm

That's sort of my point, Satya. GT was NOT based on the original dragon ball manga. It was a bastardized continuation that the anime producers created to keep making money off the franchise. The real story ends when Goku flies off with Uubu at the end of dbz.
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Mon May 31, 2010 4:23 pm

Goku flies through space all the time. You obviously weren't paying attention. And Superman being able to be pierced by an exploding shell is proof enough he's vulnerable.
It's been a long time, but I doubt he flew through space "all the time". Maybe he eventually advanced to that point, maybe.

I also doubt that Superman was pierced by an exploding shell, unless it was Kryptonite, so proof?
Oh wait, that was able to harm him near his beginning. Similar to how Goku simply knew martial arts in the beginning, and could have easily been killed by a laserbeam.
Moot point.
And guess what? He came back from the dead. And only after being killed by enemies that would reduce Superman to ashes in moments.
Without Kryptonite, they wouldn't. And the issue of whether his enemies have been stronger than Superman's is a different topic, altogether.
Only at the beginning. Which is another thing - Goku keeps getting stronger and stronger, Superman is just the same. If your battle is "Goku at his strongest" and 'Superman at his strongest' this isn't even a contest.
Do you read Superman comics? I doubt Superman doesn't get stronger, since he's pretty much immortal.

Near invulnerability: In the 1940s, "nothing less than a bursting artillery shell could break his skin"; by the 1970s he could fly through a star and shrug off a nuclear blast. In 1986, Superman was somewhat depowered. Still able to withstand artillery shells, lasers, and even nuclear explosions, he would be killed if he flew into a star. His powers have since increased, allowing him to fly into the sun unharmed.

Superman doesn't get stronger?
This argument here doesn't make sense from a logical perspective.
At one point, Goku got beat by Freeza. At several points, Goku got fcking killed. You yourself seem to be saying that we aren't talking about one point, but their strongest point. Your argument consisted of you outlining Goku's strongest point, while outlining one of Superman's weaker ones.

Furthermore, Superman has more history under his belt, and his villains are always evolving. Even today. So, there have probably been villains equal to the level of a god, that he's foughten.
Comics are literally littered with people who can bend reality and destroy whole planets, and those are the type of people Superman fights.
Superman is at best as "physically strong" as Goku, at best is "physically fast" as Goku, has more weaknesses, can't fire energy blasts, isn't as good at hand-to-hand-combat and never gets any better than he is.
http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/superm ... ities.html
In the Silver Age comics, Superman possessed the intelligence of a collection of the world's greatest minds. He had a computer-like brain, which gave him total recall and the ability to speak all earthly languages and even most alien ones. His skill with science and mathematics were beyond human comprehension.
Apparently, at one point Superman was near omnipotent and then the writers decided to lessen that after he died, so if we're talking at their strongest points, Superman is way more intelligent than Goku.

Also, at one point he learns a Kryptonian martial art
http://books.google.com/books?id=fmW4Fw ... ao&f=false

One side of it is Astral Projection.
Meaning, he could literally fight Goku without even being there, while using his superpowers.

ETA:
by the 1950s, Superman became capable of flying through space at faster-than-light speeds, as well as travel through time.
SUPERMAN CAN TRAVEL SO FAST, HE CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TIME!
Superman trumps Goku at his strongest, in terms of speed.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Mon May 31, 2010 4:36 pm

Superman is the "strongest" in the DC universe. But there are several characters in the DBZ universe that approach Goku - Vegeta, the Dragons, Ultimate Gohan, etc. If the argument becomes "DC vs DBZ" it's just as lopsided as Goku vs Superman.
I also meant that both parties get the same type of help.

If Superman called someone intelligent/powerless, same with Goku.

Also, I'm pretty sure that DC vs DBZ is definitely DC, due to the fact that DC has more characters, some of which are super overpowered, more so than anything that I think Goku has faced.
But, let's not get into that right now.

ETA: Superman is definitely not the strongest in the DC universe. Lol
wtf?lol

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Mon May 31, 2010 5:05 pm

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Goku

http://www.electricferret.com/fights/issue_156.htm

http://www.myfavoritegames.com/dragonba ... Levels.htm

And for good measure

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Goku_Vs_Superman

For pre-GT
"(Super Saiyan level 3) Goku achieved this level in Other World as he could put unlimited energy into his transformation."

For post-GT
"As a Super Saiyan 4, Goku is able to easily surpass all but the most powerful enemies in the final parts of Dragon Ball GT. (which include several gods.)"

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Mon May 31, 2010 5:12 pm

Goku teleports, grabs some Kryptonite, teleports back, and squashes Superman's face in before Superman can blink a laser out.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Mon May 31, 2010 5:20 pm

I say there's no point bring kryponite into it because virtually anyone could hypothetically beat Superman with access to enough kryptonite and it therefore defeats the whole point of the discussion. Also, if you understand Goku's character at all you know he would never use it. He would want to fight Superman at his strongest. He would settle for nothing less.
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Mon May 31, 2010 5:28 pm

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Goku

http://www.electricferret.com/fights/issue_156.htm

http://www.myfavoritegames.com/dragonba ... Levels.htm

And for good measure

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Goku_Vs_Superman

For pre-GT
"(Super Saiyan level 3) Goku achieved this level in Other World as he could put unlimited energy into his transformation."

For post-GT
"As a Super Saiyan 4, Goku is able to easily surpass all but the most powerful enemies in the final parts of Dragon Ball GT. (which include several gods.)"
Please quote the important stuff from the links you provided.
Present your actual points.
For pre-GT
Yeah, he can put unlimited energy into his transformation, when he's already dead because he doesn't have a physical body. If you want to use that form in this fight, he automatically loses.

Last, the fact that Goku could surpass gods, holds no weight in this discussion. You would have to outline the attributes of those gods, and then compare them to super man at his strongest.
Not to mention, they come from different universes, so you can't really compare Goku's Gods to those on equal level (the ones who can't get beat) in Superman's universe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the future of this thread, I will establish specific points in the characters lives that we will base this on. And will attempt to have them with canon characteristics.

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Mon May 31, 2010 5:39 pm

People who have beaten Superman:
Doomsday- Superman #75
Batman- The Dark Knight Returns #4
Captain Marvel- Kingdom Come #4
Gog
Parallax- Zero Hour #1
Dominus
Zod
Conduit
Darkseid
Eradicator
Martian Manhunter
Thor
Galactus
Amazo
etc etc etc

Goku could whoop almost all of them.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Mon May 31, 2010 8:08 pm

Again, your argument isn't valid.

Proposing that Goku can beat the people that beat Superman, does not mean that he can beat Superman.

I don't know the official name, but I'm pretty sure that's a logical fallacy.

Furthermore, whether Goku could actually beat some of the people you listed is a whole nother issue. (I think I've said something similar to this before)

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Mon May 31, 2010 9:33 pm

Goku beats Superman, by a long shot. Even if he's not using the obvious method of teleporting to a place with Kryptonite, bringing some and then kicking Superman's ass (let's say he's too stupid to think of that, or too noble, either way) Goku has taken so much pain, Superman's puny laser eyes and freeze ray can't do him nothing. Goku is invincible.

Also, about that other fight: having never seen Vampire Hunter D or the movie Blade (in fact, only saw a cartoon version of Blade once, in a Spider-Man episode), I'd have to go with Alucard. The man does some Devil May Cry-esque tricks with the pistol there.
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Satya » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:38 am

Bonito, if you've seen Hellsing it's totally worth it to yourself to see at least the first Vampire Hunter D movie. It's old school, but it's a top 5 anime classic - right up there with Akira and Ninja Scroll.

Caspian
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ducky Consort

Postby Caspian » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 am

Phht. Goku's not real.
It's not "noob" to rhyme with "boob". It's "newbie" to rhyme with "boobie".

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:56 am

I think it's important to consider the drive in this fight. Why are Goku and Superman fighting? I see two scennarios:

-For the win!
Maybe it was a piss contest, maybe it's a martial arts tournament, or maybe they are just killing time. In this case Goku would trash the ground with Superman: he gets his drive from fighting and overcoming the strongest adversaries he can meet. He has the spirit and the mind of a sportsman, citius altius fortius and whatnot. This is the kind of fight that motivates Goku, but not Superman. Superman would withstand a good hook, a few kamehameha and probably would yield. Even give the young lad's back a pat.

-For great justice!
Now here we would have a problem. For whatever reason they believe each other a threat to the world and/or to the people they care for. They fight here to protect, they fight here because they must win. Goku's advantage would be that the angrier he gets, the more powerful he becomes, due to his Saiyan DNA. But he's naive to a fault, and let's face it, not too smart. He will give his adversary a sporting chance (so he wouldn't teleport to a kryptonite reservoir to grab some). He knows even to admit defeat, even in dire situations (like when he allowed Gohan to fight in his stead, in the ending of Cell saga).
On the other hand, Superman might have a smaller arsenal of powers, but he is very intelligent (few minds can outclass him in analysis depth, and none can think faster than him, so Goku's teleportation wouldn't be a total advantage). But beyond this, there is his resolve. Superman exists to protect others, to defend certain ideals, to save the weak. And where Superman's body gives out, Superman's will triumphs. Superman would win by a small margin.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:39 pm

So, it seems we have pretty much exhausted the current versus. Oh well for going on a fixed interval of time.

I was thinking of doing -

neo-dragon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiJzRFwE9g
(Skip to 6:32 to see Neo-dragon in action!
Disclaimer: Use of the n-word. I guess nsfw)

vs.

Satya
(Here I was going to put that bad@ss picture of him with a gun, but he seems to have deleted it
Watch Satya in action with his ninjitsu!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxO3SKva4gU&NR=1)

- next lol
or do you guys want to continue with the vampire/dhampir people that Satya suggested?
Last edited by CezeN on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Either way, I'm going to keep this thread going, even if I have to talk to myself.

Stats

Neo-dragon:
-Significant martial arts skills.(see video)
-As a Chemistry teacher, chemical know how.
-----Can throw acid. Use of poison. Pretty much chemical warfare
-Superior intelligence

Satya:
-Formidable ninjitsu skills
-Sword skills
-Gun skills
-Significantly fit
----superior speed and strength
-Smart

As an excercise in my own creative writing skills, I'll probably write my own scenario for what would happen if they had to fight to the death.
:P

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Either way, I'm going to keep this thread going, even if I have to talk to myself.

Stats

Neo-dragon:
-Significant martial arts skills.(see video)
-As a Chemistry teacher, chemical know how.
-----Can throw acid. Use of poison. Pretty much chemical warfare
-Superior intelligence
That's right. I'm practically Batman.
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Don't you mean Spiderman?

Make up your mind, dammit. =/

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:24 pm

Whichever. They're both awesome.

In fact, Batman vs. Spider-man is an interesting match up.
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Return to “Milagre Town Square”