Sleep Positions

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!

Which Position Do You Sleep In?

Foetus
39%
Log
No votes
Yearner
17%
Soldier
No votes
Freefaller
33%
Starfish
11%

Total votes: 18

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Tue May 11, 2010 10:08 pm

so....
noone sleeps like a log?
Maybe it's just that none of us work like dogs.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Wed May 12, 2010 1:50 am

zeroguy +1 for the Beatles' reference!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:29 am

I was talking about this the other day with a friend, and I'm curious.

I actually almost always sleep with my childhood teddy bear. It's not a security thing (anymore), though. I spent so many years growing up sleeping with him that it's simply a physically comfortable way to lie. Also, he helps keep my shoulders from sagging and I have this weird habit of curling my wrist under, and if I make sure to wedge his head in there, I don't wake up with no circulation in my hand.

Anybody else have a similar experience?
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:06 am

Yeah. I use to have a whole host of stuffed animals as a child that eventually I just became so accustomed to I needed in order to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. I'd keep one one both sides of my head to keep it from lolling around; if my head isn't facing relatively up, I can't seem to breathe deeply. Eventually someone came over the house and stayed the night and we found out after they left they had lice - and I had to get rid of all my old friends. I had to substitute a bunch of extra pillows. It sucked for awhile but I got used to it eventually.
Discord ID: AJ#0001

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:42 am

Anybody else have a similar experience?
I sleep with a teddy bear that Brian gave me. I use him to keep my shoulder from hunching over too much and it also helps me sleep comfortably with a chest that is bigger than it used to be. I also wedge him behind my back for support when I'm feeding the baby at night.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:14 am

My #2 daughter Molly can't sleep without her totally ragged shred of her baby blanky ! She is a wedded mom now and when I went to the hospital to see them , she still clutched the little 8 inch square piece. The worst part is after 22 years that soft pink blanky is not so pink any more. :lol:

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:59 am

Eventually someone came over the house and stayed the night and we found out after they left they had lice - and I had to get rid of all my old friends. I had to substitute a bunch of extra pillows. It sucked for awhile but I got used to it eventually.
That's really tragic. I'm not kidding in the slightest. :cry: (Yes, you've found my hidden weakness, curse you! *shakes fist*)
I sleep with a teddy bear that Brian gave me. I use him to keep my shoulder from hunching over too much and it also helps me sleep comfortably with a chest that is bigger than it used to be. I also wedge him behind my back for support when I'm feeding the baby at night.
*files this for future reference*
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Postby Petrie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:24 pm

*might morphin power bumpers*

*snort*

Anyway. I know this is a very old thread but for the past few weeks, I've been making a mental note in the 5 seconds between lying down and falling into a deep, deep slumber that I can no longer fall asleep on my stomach. I have to be on my back, but just to fall asleep. Once I'm asleep, I go on my sides and wake up on my stomach but if I try to start on my stomach anymore, I can't sleep. I thought that was a strange change after pretty much needing to be on my stomach from my earliest memories until this year.
So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways, all my underdogs.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:47 pm

That is interesting.

My hips have been very uncomfortable and in some pain for the last several months or more. I can't sit in positions I used to and I can't get comfortable in my favorite sleep positions. This is a very frustrating problem when I've had these habits in place for pretty much my entire life.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Alone, I'm a free faller, but accompanied I am a log or a free faller
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 am

That is interesting.

My hips have been very uncomfortable and in some pain for the last several months or more. I can't sit in positions I used to and I can't get comfortable in my favorite sleep positions. This is a very frustrating problem when I've had these habits in place for pretty much my entire life.
I am finding this problem already. Very frustrating indeed!

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:26 am

That is interesting.

I am finding this problem already. Very frustrating indeed!
Beware: Your hips will never be the same. :(

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:30 am

Aw man. Right now it's my belly - I tend to turn from one side to the other by rolling over my stomach, which is getting increasingly awkward. My hips, though, that's frightening. They're pretty creaky as it is, I'm not sure how I'll handle NEW aches and pains and awkwardness...

GS
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ganon's Bane
First Joined: 02 Feb 1922

Postby GS » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:36 am

I wish I had a solid sleep position. I usually just toss and turn until I eventually pass out. While I am asleep, I continue to roll around. Also, while I am asleep, I shake my legs. I am apparently a nightmare to share a bed with. I don't know how I used to share a dorm bunk bed with my ex-girlfriend.

Mommy Brontosaurus
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mommy Brontosaurus » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:35 am

Apparently I don't roll around much anymore. I wake up very stiff, and also somewhat sweaty just from the unmoving skin-on-skin contact (neck on shoulder, arm over abdomen, keep your minds clean, you people!). :p
A dinosaur in a grocery store is not a very pleasant thing!
He marches through the checkout aisles and tramples over everything.
He puts his snoot into the fruit;
his tail wipes out displays.
I'll tell you just what I've observed --
A grocery store is not a place for dinosaurs to play.

(Courtesy of starlooker's mom.)

Dr. Mobius
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Stayin' Alive
First Joined: 17 Aug 2002

Postby Dr. Mobius » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:17 am

My mind didn't even go there until you told it not to!
The enemy's fly is down.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:03 am

I just want to sleep! I always start out the knight in our bed ( Julie gets upset if I don't try) but i'm up soon wandering around all night like a creepy pain racked zombie. I do sleep for a few hours straight during hunting season if I push myself too hard but I pay guite a price for it. I do implore you all to take extra care of your backs, one surgery just leads to another. So get a good nights sleep and goodnight! :?

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:24 am

Awww, buckshot, that sound no fun at all!!

Return to “Milagre Town Square”