FML

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

FML

Postby locke » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 am

So the first day I have to ride my bike to work (bought it back in January, has sat unused ever since) because the alternator/charging system in my truck finally gave up the ghost saturday night, it is raining. It never rains in Los Angeles. More to the point. It wasn't raining when I went outside to check the weather, but I could see it had been a damp/slightly raining night (ie Braveheart, "eh 't'sa gran' sof' evenin'). So I wheeled the bike out and it was barely drizzling a slightly heavy mist. Three blocks later it was drizzling. Three blocks after that it was light rain. I pulled into the building at work just seconds before it turned into a nice heavy rain.

FML

And I didn't get my car to the mechanic this morning as I intended because it actually doesn't start now, after starting every day after it started to go. So I'll have to get up earlier tomorrow and get a AAA towed in there. Or at least a jump and then milk and pray it the mile to the mechanic.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:31 am

If you're sure that's what's wrong with it, you could probably grab an alternator at AutoZone and change it yourself in about an hour.
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm

I can't believe this one didn't take off.

This new group that is essential taking over, expects us to do all the leg work, even though they are supposed to be doing it. They just dump it on us. When we say that things should be done differently or that this is an opportunity to try some of the stuff that we do, they say that we are being uncooperative. Not to mention that, I am eventually going to be laid off.

FML

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:16 pm

*admits confusion*

FML?
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:22 pm

f*** MY LIFE!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:13 am

Ah.

Gracias ago.

Futue vitam meam.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Return to “Milagre Town Square”