Pweb Chapter of Chunky Monkeys From Funky Town

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Pweb Chapter of Chunky Monkeys From Funky Town

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Our Mission Statement:
We strive to cultivate an environment where members can reject the media driven mentality that thinness equals beauty and embrace the full spectrum of God/Invisible Pink Unicorn-given human forms.

Our Mascot is Ed, The Cupcake, and symbolizes our aim to not feel guilty when indulging in life's little pleasures.

Events: Thus far, our esteemed organization has had one meeting but hopes to meet on a bi-monthly basis at a minimum. Topics of discussion include how we exercised not to lose weight but rather to be healthy, how we didn't skip dessert or meals to bolster our sense of self-worth, and there was also talk of killer whale penises earlier in the night, but I don't think that was part of the official meeting.

Rules and Requirements to Join: Appreciate your body, whatever size it is, and strive to keep it healthy, at size 2 or size 12*. You must also have a sense of humor, preferably like Scrubs, and definitely should like food.

To become a member, please write a short response as to why you'd make a good member. Skeletons need not apply.**

*Your actual size may vary, especially if you are a male.
**Skeletons with skin and a pulse may.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:54 pm

I am a fat kid because i love to make and enjoy consuming all kinds of delicious foods... I enjoy hiking, biking, walking the dog, wrestling, and running to interact with family and friends, keep happy, and keep my dog happy.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:50 pm

Teresa, you goob, you're already a member. You need to help me screen potential new members. If no one else wants to join the 6(?) of us, then we'll just use this space for club members.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:33 am

I wish to be a club member! I am too skinny and am in a kind of bent shape due to too much slouching, but I don't care.

And you already know my sense of humor, puh-leaze.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:01 am

isn't that cupcake a little small for a stormtrooper?
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:10 am

Okay, I don't know if I can make meetings, but ME. I was totally born for this club.

Or, do you want our applications to be more official-like?

Ahem.

Dear Esteemed Members of the Chunky Monkeys' Selection Board,

I have long admired your commitment to embracing bodies of all shapes and sizes. I would very much like to become a member or affiliate of your organization. Below please find an ennumerated list of reasons I would make a good memeber:

1. I have been within one size, up or down, of the size I was when I hit puberty at the age of 13-14 (which is on the largish size). The vast majority of the 16-17 years since then, I've felt pretty damn good about my body. Or, well, I try to and have a very good success rate for a woman significantly larger than media influences suggest she ought to be.

2. I was raised to believe that it is absolutely rude to make disparaging (or passive-aggressive complimentary) remarks about someone's food while they are eating it, whether it's because of caloric content or disgust with their combination, for example, of liver and peanut butter. You would be surprised how many people do not understand this basic premise of lunch room or meal/snack time courtesy.

3. I never, ever look in other people's shopping carts at the grocery store and/or judge them for the content. (Actually, I almost never judge people for their food choices, healthy or no. I'll be happy for people if they're reaching goals they've set for themselves, but if they don't or don't want to, I don't particularly care.)

4. My friends and family members come in all different shapes and sizes, and I love them all and think they are beautiful.

5. I think my very hour-glass shape looks beautiful in a wedding dress.

6. One of my favorite things to do in the morning is to eat a couple of Oreos while drinking coffee and watching Sex and the City reruns. And I don't care who knows it! (Well, I kind of do. There are certain people I wouldn't tell. They would definitely not belong in this organization. But I don't care who knows it on Pweb!)

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Kirsten
(starlooker)
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:41 am

Chunky Monkeys! I beg to be a part of you.

I believe strongly in food, specifically in delicious food. Diet food and low-fat food is disgusting. These things do not make us better! They are tasteless and unfilling. One slice of 3 year old cheddar is much more life-enriching then 150 slices of low fat cheese.
Life is too short not to eat dessert, too short to be constantly dieting and depriving yourself!

I am a proud chunky monkey.

I believe in eating healthy, but it's moderation and eating fresh foods that are much better for you then anything with diet in the name.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:46 pm

I'm already a member, I just wanted to give my support to all the other Chunky Monkeys out there!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Talk to me post-puberty, and my heart's desire would be to join the Chunky Monkeys.

Right now, however, it's practically impossible. While I highly appreciate the organization's beliefs and goals, high-school society around me does not, in fact, and (quite sadly) they pretty much decide whether I'm happy or unhappy.

And right now, when I'm in a risky situation in life, I prefer being happy to standing for good ideals.
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:52 pm

This is as gay as AIDS.

You guys just gave me intellectual diabetes.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Ah, Satya, the great humanitarian who thoughtlessly uses slurs as though they're intelligent and fancies himself above the rest of his species. While you're busy saving us and our fellow members of mankind so that you always have a group to look down upon, I'll be over here having a sense of humor with my friends about something that isn't as shallow as you like to think.

Jeff, Kirsten, Jan:

Welcome to the club!

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:42 pm

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:39 pm

I'm on a fairly restricted diet, but for food intolerance reasons, so I hope that doesn't preclude me from joining. I am still very much a foodie, and am in fact planning a food-cation for one of the next months. I have already picked out all of the restaurants I will be visiting (and the hike I'll do to offset the gluttony!). I'd make a good member because I love dosas, gnocchi, potato puffs, traveling, cookie, and I need to get over some of my residual body issues (I keep wanting to buy clothes that are too big/my high school size, there's this weird disconnect/insecurity going on I need to stop).

I finally worked out tonight. I've been feeling like I have been really pushing myself on hikes the last couple weekends, but then I haven't actually been sore after them, so maybe I'm not as out of shape as I thought after sinus infection season. Wooo!
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:01 am

This is as gay as AIDS.

You guys just gave me intellectual diabetes.
Satya,

We are very happy to inform you that your application to the Pweb Chapter of the Chunky Monkeys From Funky Town has been approved!

Sincerely,
Someone that doesn't have any authority to say that

(also, you mean super-AIDS)
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Despite my continued atrocious eating habits (sorry, but freezies make summer awesome!), I can finally feel happy with myself. I'm far happier being in shape - or on the way, as signified by my cycling victories today - than I am losing weight. I still wouldn't mind losing a bit, but the thing that genuinely makes me happy with myself I have already accomplished!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:42 am

I really like eating things! Like chunky monkey ice cream! Also, I have no trouble (or qualms regarding) ingesting 8 pounds of food in a single sitting for the right occasion.

Also, skeleton bodies creep me out.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Femme Fatale

Postby ValentineNicole » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:58 am

I wish I could join this group, but despite the astonishing progress I've made over the past few years, I highly doubt I'll ever be able to. :p

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Keep up the effort anyway! No one says it has to come naturally to you. It doesn't for me, but I keep reminding myself anyway.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:59 am

Well, today I'm down two pounds. This is not a huge victory, but I'm happy about it. I'm walking loads more than I was in Canada, and eating much healthier. I've cut out the majority of sugary drinks, my chips and candy intake is limited, and on the whole, I am happy. I was really unhappy with my lifestyle before we moved (despite my summertime high - see above).

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:34 am

That's awesome! Lifestyle changes are really huge. I can't wait to start walking everywhere again when it thaws out a bit here! David really wants me to start biking with him. Maybe this will be the year I swallow my pride...
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 pm

And as you said above, Ali, it's more important to be in good shape than to be concerned over weight.

For me, I'm in the worst shape I've been in for at least the past two years and have some of the worst eating habits I've had in about the same time, and that disappoints me to no end. Sure, I've maintained my weight but who cares when I'm getting winded doing stuff I could breeze through at this point 6 months ago?

Worse, I can make pretty depressing comments about where I'm getting my self-esteem boosts lately (not me, which is not good) but I'd rather forgo judgment on that front, even if just from myself.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri May 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Thanks to the Tiny One, I've actually lost weight. I don't expect that to last much longer, though.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri May 13, 2011 6:15 pm

Oooh, morning/all day sickness? Has it passed or still going on?
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri May 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Vague nausea for a couple months, but very little vomiting, thank heavens. And it wasn't even his fault, it was something else. But he did put a cap on my appetite, and I'd get full very fast.

But his existence also coincided with recently being in England and a dramatic upswing in physical activity, especially walking. Either way, I've lost about 5 pounds, despite increases in bust.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Re: Pweb Chapter of Chunky Monkeys From Funky Town

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:02 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -GAIN.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Taalcon
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Prodigal Son

Postby Taalcon » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:59 pm

This thread just made me remember I have Pumpkin Cheesecake in the fridge *dashes off to the fridge*

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:19 pm

Those women are aspiring to be healthy weight, not to be overweight/obese.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:24 pm

Which is the total opposite of any current ads I've ever seen. Hah. Healthy weights in magazines? Flaunted? As something positive and attractive? Don't see it.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:27 pm

I never applied to join this club. I am not feeling creative enough to come up with a formal letter or request. But here are some reasons I think I should be allowed to join.

1) I love food and just ate my sister-in-law's wonderful leftover apple pie with great pleasure.
2) I am in month two of Insanity, but not because I want the "beach body" or whatever it promises, but because my roommate wanted moral support and I like being in shape.
3) I am not much of a chunky monkey or curvy at all, but I'm okay with it. (well, excluding the part of me that would take more beauty over brains)
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:38 pm

here are some reasons I think I should be allowed to join.

Welcome to the club. It's all about what's healthy for your body, as that looks different for everyone. :)

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:14 pm

Yahoo! I'm official!

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:29 pm

I feel like this xkcd fits in this thread. 'Tis the season to embrace the Cadbury.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:41 am

I regret to inform the noble conglomeration of chunky-monkeys that despite the best efforts of cheetos, oreo goop, and nutella, and 5 months of being stationary, I remain unchunky. I hope we can still be friends. My stomach/soul belong to this club, even if my metabolism does not.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:50 am

I feel like this xkcd fits in this thread. 'Tis the season to embrace the Cadbury.
It was incredibly depressing to learn from the hovertext that the thicker filling I've found in Cadbury Eggs the last few seasons is intentional.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:52 am

I kept thinking I had gotten ones that had gotten a shell breach and thus the filling had dried up. Why would they do that on purpose? Blech!

eta: Logistically, it probably is much less messy when, inevitably, some eggs get smashed in transit. Before, there would be goo oozing out. Now, nothing, since it's dried up blah filling.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Return to “Milagre Town Square”