Things You Want To Tell Your Body

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:19 pm

Try getting a tan. I'm dead serious. Before we went on our cruise, I was having some really bad acne, and it never seemed to go away. After the cruise, I was noticeably tanner, and my face was noticeably less prone to acne. I have no idea if there's a scientific explanation for it, but it sure worked for me. Maybe the extra melanin produced protects, or something. If that doesn't work, have you ever tried any of the product advertised on TV like Proactive or the Nuetrogena? I've heard they actually work.

Something else to consider. Put a blob of cream right on top of the acne spots before you go to bed. Let it sit there over night, then wash it off in the morning. I sometimes will do that when I'm desperate, but don't go crazy and put a whole thick layer of the stuff all over your face. You just end up with really dry, cracked skin.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:24 pm

Dear Body,

I'm not sure where this recent bout of mood swings is coming from, but I'm blaming you. And I would like it to stop. Now. Absolutely right this second. I'm sick of the bouncing back and forth between doing ok and having a giant pit in my stomach. Lay off.
-Kim

Graff^
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Carrot hamburgler

Postby Graff^ » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:30 pm

Dear body,
Why the sudden tiredness all the time? One minute your fine and then next Bam! you could take a 5 hour nap.

-A confused mind
Where does friendship end and love begin?

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 pm

Try getting a tan.
I have a tan all year long on my face and arms at the very least.

And, uh, thanks, I know you guys are trying to be helpful but this is a case of me venting and not wanting advice. I meant it when I said I've had both a dermatologist and years of experience trying everything I (and family and friends) could think of. Birth control works. Pretty much nothing else does.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Thanks but I've tried everything. No, seriously. After 13 years of zits and a dermatologist, I've tried it all.
I know you don't want advice, so this isn't advice but just my experience. I am 33 and still suffering from adult acne. BCPs actually made my acne worse (all 7-8 types I tried). You haven't tried it all until you've tried Accutane. I have been on THREE courses of it in the last ten years. When I say I still suffer, I mean I get a few small pimples and maybe one large/deep one a month. The only reason my acne is relatively held at bay is the Accutane. I love it and would go on it again if my skin got bad. It has not been a permanent cure for me but it is for a lot of people. I tried everything else before and in between courses (otc, topical & oral antibiotics, retin-a, differin, tazorac, acne.org regimen, etc.).
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Wed May 05, 2010 9:03 pm

Dear Body,

Seriously? Getting sick the day before an AP test?
You disappoint me. How the eff did this even originate?
I actually decided to cry once, and your response is mucus and this weird irritation in my throat. Now, even today, more mucus and the same irritation that makes everything taste like crapola, that won't go away? No matter how much you make me cough? Eff you.

Pull it together!

-Cez
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Mon May 10, 2010 3:32 am

Dear body,

Please start breathing properly... I can't sleep because your terrible breathing is making me terribly anxious, and that is highly inconvenient as I need to be up early tomorrow and I'm not sure that I'm going to sleep at all anymore tonight. Also, I want to be rested because I have an interview tomorrow and gasping like a fish does not impress interviewers.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Dear Uterus,

Please shut up. I understand. You're ready to do the whole monthly thing. Message recieved. Got it. Do what you have to do. But do you have to be so insistent about it? Do you really need my attention for this process? Why the connection with the pain receptors when nothing is wrong and you are just functioning normally? It's Monday in the middle of the day, for heaven's sake! Ugh.

Clockwork

Dear Skin,

Yay for you! Good job! Do not be discouraged by the one obviously PMS-related blemish in the mirror today. I love me some minocyclin and Epiduo. Seriously. Way to work with the doctor on this one. I do not know why I waited to consult someone about you. Your breakouts are now few, far between, less deeply rooted, and heal about three times as fast. I am no longer scared for my wedding photos. Kudos. Rock on. And while I'm doling out the praise, way to not burn yesterday! I know, seeing everyone else all tan by the pool was a bit depressing. But, hey, let's celebrate diversity, okay? And lack of skin cancer, for that matter.

Paleface

Dear Entire Body,

The nasty cycle of "I don't have enough energy to exercise" and "I didn't exercise so I have no energy" has got to stop somewhere. Cut through the damn Gordian knot and start walking, okay? No more excuses.

Tired of Being Lazy
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Wake up!!

It's okay to feel a bit draggy after four days of 1:1, plus all the biking and walking, but this is really a bit much. Okay?

Also, would you mind hurrying up on the adjusting to the bike seat thing? Thanks.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Dear Face,

Same ol', same ol'. I hate you, too.

Glad we had this talk.

-me

Dear Body,

You and I have had some long, serious talks about weight; specifically, weight gain. With the exception of that one or two month period after soccer season ended, when you decided it'd be hilarious to watch me freak out over the gradual gain of 8lbs, you've been pretty good to me. I've been in what I consider the "right" ten lbs range for long enough to feel okay saying it's where I should be, despite what BMI would have me believe for my height.

But for the first time since ROTC, when it was more fudging the weight by automatically taking off 3 lbs to account for the clothes we were wearing and hair weight anyway and never anything I physically saw on a scale, I've dropped below this plateau I've always hit. I haven't seen this weight since I started packing it on as a teenager.

Cut it out. I liked that stopping point I found and losing more weight makes me afraid I'm going to start looking like a boy, since it always comes off the boobs and legs for me. I'd rather have all my flaws and know I look alright than lose weight and risk looking weirder. It's not like I'm not shoveling food down my throat, anyway.

I'll try not to worry unless I drop 4 more pounds, even though I don't see that happening, because that would put me in the wrong ten pound range for what I'm comfortable with.

-Me

P.S. You know if Grumpy were alive, he'd ask me if I was in love and I'd have to break it to him that people lose weight without being in love and quite often because of stress.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Dear Alea's Body,

Keep in mind what she just told you! But also keep in mind that she puts shirts like that one in the recent pic on you, you'll never look like a boy.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Dear Ali's brain,

On behalf of my body, thank you for thinking it, in particular my...eyes (that's what Jota said did it, right?), looks girly. I am, however, properly embarrassed.

Dear Cheeks,

See how much fun blushing is? Love it. Thanks.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:53 pm

Yes. Your eyes are very girly and feminine. :mrgreen:

Dear Body,

It's nice that we've mostly stopped the dizzy spells, and I truly appreciate you skipping the nausea this time. Really and truly. But I'm disappointed that we've moved on to half-dizzy, half-sparky-brain moments, and I'll ask you to kindly please stop it. We'll talk later about the constant urge to tear, even when I'm quite happy and content.

Thanks.

P.S. Brain, don't ever think I don't appreciate you, despite your weird neurochemicals. I wouldn't ever trade you!

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Dear Body'
Hang on ! get through helping finish haying this week and try to stay somewhat together till harvest and i'll try to cut back on the fentenill patches . Your faltering inner puppetier Buck

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:52 am

Dear Ali's body,

I swear that Ali keeps telling me you're not pregnant, so stop with symptoms that could be confused for pregnancy symptoms so I'll stop thinking you're pregnant. Unless you are, and then we'll all celebrate. ;)
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Satya
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Pvt. Brony
First Joined: 04 Jan 2002

Postby Satya » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Dear Body:

Congratulations on your test score. I'm proud of us. Last year at this time we weighed 178 pounds with 10.5 per cent bodyfat - today, we weighed exactly the same, but with a mere 8.5 per cent bodyfat. Good job!
Discord ID: AJ#0001

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Dear Body,

Thanks for a day with less bzzzt! moments. Also, you handled the surprise early wake-up like a champ, and you haven't quit on me yet like you usually do in such circumstances. I really appreciate it!

Dear You,

You think I'd get pregnant and pass up the chance to pull some sort of elaborate pweb prank about it? After keeping my dating, engagement, and impending marriage to a fellow pwebber secret (or at least off-board) for 3 years? With all the times I desperately wanted to whine and/or squee about wedding planning? Trust me, you'll get more than a vague "Dear Body"! :lol:

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Dear body,

I can tell you are liking the sun/summer. Skin is looking a more normal shade for my skin tone, etc, but this does not mean that during the day you can forget to eat much of anything, because then come late afternoon, you're starving, and then once you do eat, stomach hates me and is then upset all evening.

Also, for the first time since November, my cold is finally going away. Though I am still coughing mucus up & lungs are a bit eh. I can feel it shift depending on how warm/the air pressure. 4 more days. PS get a TB test, your brother may have it, and after this, it is worth checking out.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:53 pm

Dear Body,

Please have this sinus infection (AND cough) resolved by July 24, please. Also, please take care of the ringworm on my neck by then. Yeah, yeah. I know you got the ringworm because I exposed you to it at work, but I am expecting important events soon, at which there will be lots of pictures. No unsightly red lesions please.

The sinus infection and accompanying cough are just annoying at this point.

Sincerely,
Kim, driver of this meat suit
-Kim

ValentineNicole
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Femme Fatale

Postby ValentineNicole » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Dear Body,

Look like you did a year ago, please. Thank you.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:58 pm

My body is currently telling my mind that it was not very prudent to spend so much time in the sun today. Ah well, it should turn to tan before overly long.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Dear Body,

Low blood pressure? Really? Well, that's annoying.

Me
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Dear Body,

Low blood pressure? Really? Well, that's annoying.

Me
Better then high, sweetie. :)
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:23 pm

True enough, Jan :) If my blood pressure can't behave itself, I'd just as soon it was a bit low than high.

It wasn't terribly scary low, just around the low edge of normal (90/50), about 20 points lower than usual. The doctor checked it three times, I swear, he did a double take after the first reading.

It probably explains the fairly frequent bouts of dizziness upon standing I've been getting, which have been irritating me for the past couple of months. I mean, it's happened occasionally before, but these days it's been at least a couple of times a week. Fiance's been more worried about it than I was. (Other than the one where I was seeing spots in front of my eyes and actually thought I might black out. That one sucked.) My mom was prone to it as well, until she hit menopause. Emailed her about it today and she said that, yup, she went through the same thing with the dizziness. Told me to start tracking it, which is probably good advice.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:36 pm

It probably explains the fairly frequent bouts of dizziness upon standing I've been getting, which have been irritating me for the past couple of months. I mean, it's happened occasionally before, but these days it's been at least a couple of times a week. Fiance's been more worried about it than I was. (Other than the one where I was seeing spots in front of my eyes and actually thought I might black out. That one sucked.) My mom was prone to it as well, until she hit menopause. Emailed her about it today and she said that, yup, she went through the same thing with the dizziness. Told me to start tracking it, which is probably good advice.
I've dealt with this off and on for years. It's called Orthostatic Hypotension (when your blood pressure drops upon standing). I have fairly low BP normally (90/60ish) but I go through periods where everything goes black whenever I stand up from a squatting or kneeling position. I've actually found that keeping really, really hydrated has helped to some extent. I drink at least 64oz of water a day now. Having enough blood volume can keep the pressure from dropping so much when you stand. Also, gaining a bit of weight might have helped too.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Nom, the second I posted that, I had a sneaking suspicion that you likely had the same problem :) I'm going to just start assuming we are twins separated at birth or something based on the number of random medical issues we have in common.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:16 pm

I totally do the orthostatic hypotension thing too! It's happened nearly once a day for most of my life that I can remember.
-Kim

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:12 pm

I've dealt with it, too. I've passed twice, once in the shower. Luckily I wasn't hurt. It went away during pregnancy, but it's started to show up again the last 2 week or so.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Postby Petrie » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Dear Body,

You'll feel better soon. Promise. I'm also proud of you, Face, for looking almost normal this past week or so. We're good, nothing to see here.

Love,
Me
So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways, all my underdogs.

Peterlover14
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Junkie

Postby Peterlover14 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Dear body,

You better get over this...addiction. Be strong, you can do it. No more unsightly scars.

Love,
Meeeee
"I'm drowning in FOOTWEAR!"

-Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Season 7

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Dear Body,

Thank you for waiting to fail me utterly until my guest was gone and I had a couple days off work.

- The owner of your sinuses

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:29 am

Dear Body,

Please, no more waking up with a nasty tension headache. Waking up with a headache and stiff jaw sucks -- it's bad enough when they just develop as the day goes on. Stop that.

Me
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Nehali Sophia
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nehali Sophia » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Dear Body,

Thank you for waiting to fail me utterly until my guest was gone and I had a couple days off work.

- The owner of your sinuses
I'm sorry that this happened at all! but glad that it waited until after I was gone, if it had to happen!
The wonder that keeps the stars apart

Eskarina
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eskarina » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:49 am

Dear my body,

Stfu gtfo with all those pitiful conditions you're flipping on me.

Wait, you actually might.
We should have no regrets. ... The past is finished. There is nothing to be gained by going over it. Whatever it gave us in the experiences it brought us was something we had to know.
- Rebecca Beard

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:55 am

Eskarina! Welcome back! :D

(Sorry your body isn't behaving itself)

Return to “Milagre Town Square”