FOOD

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!

Dine in or Dine out?

IN
47%
OUT
53%

Total votes: 15

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

FOOD

Postby Brian » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:39 pm

this is the place to talk about food, likes, dislikes, places you love, places to watch out for, wierd quizeen, things you want to try, things you shouldn't have tried, and of course, your favorites.
yup it all goes here.
Late at night when the world grows still, and a peace upraises from your soul, I take that chance to blend myself, with all of nature as a whole.

Aesculapius
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aesculapius » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:34 pm

Well, I'd like to start off by saying: I'M A VEGETARIAN!!

Yup. I've been so all my life. And it's really not all that bad. I mean, I've lived so far without meat, right?

I LOVE chinese and japanese food. But my favourite kind would have to be indian-chinese. Hmmmm....

This might be weird but I don't like ice cream, or marshmellows, or cotton candy, or popcorn. Mostly because it's all junk and also because some of it gets stuck in my teeth (popcorn).

I'm trying to change my eating habits to make myself more healthy. It's actually kind of hard. And lately, I've been obsessing over sugary foods which makes it worse.

I'm also adding in as much herbal tea as I can to my diet. I did some research and found out that boiling water speeds up your metabolism. I hope that works!
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
-Benjamin Franklin

Aesculapiüs

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:44 pm

Cheese!

That is all.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Cheese!

That is all.
This.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Oh my gosh, cheese.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Just Another Chris

Postby Olhado_ » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:31 pm

Alright, I really do like almost any type of food and would always much prefer to dine in, then out, mostly because I am cheap. :) This does not mean I do not eat just Ramen and Mac n' Cheese. I make food you would pay an arm and leg for if you went out. It is just cheaper and more fun cooking it yourself.

I will also never turn down any resemblance of food since - and I have said it before and will say it again - if something has been eaten by some human somewhere and it has not killed them, then it cannot be all that bad.

Now, for some fun and to get out of this cheese kick...sorry Kim.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Lrh6z-VDc
Not
Even
Remotely
Dorky

Professor Frink
-The Simpsions

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Cheese!

That is all.
This.
Thirded.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Cheese!

That is all.
I am seriously not kidding when I say I have seen Will and a friend of ours stare at cheeses for 45 minutes before they finally picked some out. Nothing against cheese, it's good and all. I just find it funny.

Lately I have been loving pickles. Whole, crunchy, juicy pickles : )
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:28 pm

I do love cheese. Especially served with bread and wine or beer, depending on the cheese. This has made an excellent meal or snack for me on a number of occasions.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:53 pm

I gotta say, I love food. All sorts.

I love Indian food, both the real stuff mums and dads make and the crappy stuff you get at English takeaways (the latter is a guilty pleasure). I love Chinese food, especially if it involves tofu or fungus. Of course, I will happily eat the oily takeaway stuff too. I love Italian food. Olives (stuffed with feta, orange rind, or jalapenos). Cheese. CHEESE. Ice cream - real strawberry, or vanilla, or cookie dough. And I once heard mention of pine needle ice cream which also sounds intriguing to me. I love baking too.

I used to eat meat too, but now do not, and that has opened up new culinary vistas to me.

It's a good thing I cycle, really.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:06 pm

I would just like to chime in that I think it's apparent to all of us how I feel about cheese.
-Kim

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:25 am

I would just like to chime in that I think it's apparent to all of us how I feel about cheese.
CHOMP!

(*EATS Kimmie's avatar!*)

:twisted:
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:52 am

Chinese, Indian, Thai, Japanese, Italian, American... but above all Mexican.

Mexican food is pretty much absolutely perfect, and for a lot of the stuff it can be so easy to make.

As to dining in or out, I guess I'd say out. I like cooking, but living in a house that regularly gets trashed by parties and what not means I don't have many opportunities to make nice food here, whereas I know so many excellent restaurants around Dublin.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:57 am

FOOD! idea that came to me tonight.

Pudding Pie surprise

makes 2 pies

1 graham cracker crust

1 oreo crust (or make your own, 24 oreos, crushed mix with 1/3 cup melted butter, mix, press in pan and chill, note this makes enough for the bottom of a 9x13 pyrex pan.)

1 3.4 ounce package vanilla pudding

1 3.4 ounce package chocolate pudding

Milk

1 ounce vanilla kalua

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 ounce bailey's Irish Creme

opt 1/2 teaspoon mint or peppermint extract (or use chocolate mint Bailey's

Mix up the vanilla pudding and chocolate pudding (as directed for pie filling) but in separate bowls. Mix the Kahlua and Vanilla into the vanilla pudding Mix the Bailey's into the chocolate pudding.

pour half the vanilla pudding into the oreo pie shell and carefully spread out in an even layer, chill.

pour half the chocolate pudding into the graham cracker pie shell and carefully spread out in an even layer, chill

carefully spread the other half of the chocolate pudding over the vanilla pudding-oreo pie, trying not to smudge the layers if you care about that sort of thinig

carefully spread the other half of the vanilla pudding over the chocolate-graham pie, trying not to smudge the layers together if you care about nice presentation.

Top however appeals to you, whipped cream, whole nilla wafers (consider adding a drop of kahlua or other liquor to each nilla wafer), slices of banana (dip in lemon water to keep from browning). ginger cookies are just some ideas that occurred just now off the top of my head, so go crazy. or just serve as is.

finally, carefully watch people's eyes as they discover the surprise of alcoholic pudding!

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:33 am

Sadly, I like almost all food- the only kinds of food that come to mind which I don't like are anything involving avocado, tuna (because of the smell afterwards) and too-spicy foods. Oh, and some kinds of cheeses, especially those with mold, or those who stink. (please don't ban me!)

Other than that, I love all food. Sometimes I wish I were old, so that I could eat whatever I want, whenever I want. But life currently has a different plan for me :( My favorite food, though, is (at least currently) spaghetti bolognaise, a dish sent straight down from heaven. If I could, I would eat it non-stop, 24/7, for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between. (sadly, I can't).

About cooking: while I do cook, I cook mainly simple stuff- omelets, pastas (with delicious tomato sauce) and rice. I wish I could cook more stuff, but I can live on rice alone, so it doesn't matter that much. (In fact, when my folks were out of town for a couple of days, I lived off rice and cornflakes- my constant breakfast for a few years, now)

EDIT: This thread immediately bumped into mind this wonderful song. (sorry about the low quality)
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:50 am

I love it all! love to cook, love to eat out ,love to travel around eating out, love pie of course 8)

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:17 am

EDIT: This thread immediately bumped into mind this wonderful song. (sorry about the low quality)
It always makes me think of THIS song.

Row--row.

Aesculapius
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aesculapius » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:18 pm

I do love cheese. Especially served with bread and wine or beer, depending on the cheese. This has made an excellent meal or snack for me on a number of occasions.
I completely agree! And I think the longer its had to ferment, the better. Especially with wine (red or white).
-Benjamin Franklin

Aesculapiüs

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:14 pm

Mexican food is pretty much absolutely perfect
This is why you are my second true love.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:09 am

Who's the first?

And I have to agree with this. Enchiladas are the bestest. And Nachos. And tacos.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:19 am

Who's the first?

And I have to agree with this. Enchiladas are the bestest. And Nachos. And tacos.
I'm gonna guess and say that "who" is the wrong sort of question.

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Who's the first?

I'm gonna guess and say that "who" is the wrong sort of question.
True
Late at night when the world grows still, and a peace upraises from your soul, I take that chance to blend myself, with all of nature as a whole.

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:56 pm

I like all kinds of food and can't decide on one that i like above all the rest, maybe lasagna, i don't think i could ever turn down a good lasagna. I don't think I could turn down a good anything. Yup, I like all food, except eggplant, or pudding, those I can't stand.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:05 pm

Mmmm, eggplant parmesan. Great, you made me hungry for delicious, delicious food.

Row--row.

Aesculapius
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aesculapius » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:21 pm

I like all kinds of food and can't decide on one that i like above all the rest, maybe lasagna, i don't think i could ever turn down a good lasagna. I don't think I could turn down a good anything. Yup, I like all food, except eggplant, or pudding, those I can't stand.
What about eggplant lasagne? I've tried it before, it's actually not that bad. At first I was shocked there could ever be such a thing since I also don't like eggplant much, but after trying it, I guess it's okay.

Anyone who doesn't like honey? Either by itself or with something else? I don't like it AT ALL. bleh.
-Benjamin Franklin

Aesculapiüs

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Who's the first?
Anyone who makes me Mexican food, naturally.

In reality, Jeebsy is much lower on the list.

Stuff I've been digging on lately: muffins, strawberry yogurt, mac'n'cheese (sometimes with jalapenos)
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:00 pm

Ooooooh.... jalapeno mac'n'cheese...

*drools*

*also like mexican food so much*
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:03 am

eggplant lasagna i have actualy tried, its ok, but my dad made it one time where he substituted the eggplant for the pasta instead of just adding it in.
:cry: it was horrible, lol

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:41 am

I made a george foreman hamburger today and put cumin garlic powder and cayenne pepper in it.

it tasted kinda like tacos.:)

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:58 am

What a george foreman hamburger?

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:57 am

By Eggplant lasagna, do you mean Mousaka or simply lasagna with eggplants instead of the pasta? because Mousaka is my second favorite dish in the whole world.
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:39 pm

Oh, I'm surprised this hadn't been invented yet!! Oh, well, I just have to say that I'll eat anything that isn't cereal, cereal bars, granola, sandwiches (except hamburgers) (which is also weird, cause people eat sandwiches, cereal, and cereal bars all the time), eggplant, sprouts of any kind, meat that isn't cooked long enough, and stuff that looks weird in anyway or has exessive fat on it. OOOh, I HATE FAT. It might taste good, but it has the worst feel EVER, and i swear, I gag it every time. Especially on steak, though the rest of it is especially savory... Oh, and I might add, I lovvvveeee ketchup. I'll eat it on just about anything in large amounts. for example, I used five packs of ketchup on five chicken strips at lunch... I had to borrow some of my friend's cause I ran out...

I also love exotic food as long as there are no beans... Oh yeah! I don't like beans either... Ewww, all squishy and bland and *shudders* Yes, anyway, I love it when my mom tries new recipes. She makes Awesome Asian food (well, I guess it helps we are Asian). I'll eat just about any Asian food, and most Mexican food. Oh, and Italian is good... And Greek! Healthy, yummy, oh, yum! Oh, I could go on forever... Yes, well... that was kind of confusing... I love food...
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Brian
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Brian » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:00 pm

By Eggplant lasagna, do you mean Mousaka or simply lasagna with eggplants instead of the pasta? because Mousaka is my second favorite dish in the whole world.
no, its just eggplant instead of the pasta, it was over cooked too, made it all squishy.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Pad Thai !!!

Postby buckshot » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 am

My #3 daughter has been learning Tai cookery from a school friend and WOW! she made me pad thai last night that blew me away! I never had anything so different. The whole Thai cooking thing is great, I would never have thought that "hot , sweet , sour and spicey could go together like that. :P

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:44 pm

We are having Pad Thai tonight! Haha, weird...
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”