A Day in the Life of LilBee

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

A Day in the Life of LilBee

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:15 am

Today, I woke up and checked my email.

I went upstairs to take a shower. They sun was out--perfect day.

I took my shower.

I made my daily phone call to my mom, seeing what she wanted to me to do today. And I checked the temperature. 60 degrees on the shady side of my house--not bad.

I went outside, and got annoyed at the fact that they're building across the street.
Image Image

I got mail, which included $25 worth of graduation money. =]

I got all my stuff ready for a bike ride into town. Stopping by the bank, returning my library books, and job hunting.

I got my bike out and ready to go (though I forgot to fill up my water bottle--bad call--as was forgetting sunscreen).

After returning my books, I decided to walk around the library for a bit, and find a nice view of the mountains for pweb.
Image Image

Next, I stopped by Fred Meyer's for a very unhealthy, very delicious lunch.

I wandered around town, not finding any places that were hiring, so I hopped back on my bike and journeyed 10 miles to the next town.
I took a break along the bike path to look at one of the highway lakes.
Image Image

I stopped by Blockbuster and picked up a couple movies, and dropped off my application to Waldenbooks.

I finally came home. After biking 25ish miles on a sunny day, nothing is quite as refreshing as a nice glass of water.

Since it was too nice to stay inside, I decided to walk through my neighborhood, calling my boyfriend to confirm our hiking plans for tomorrow.

I stopped at the lake at the end of the road and tried to get some pictures of the minnows.
Image Image
Image Image

Then I stopped by the creek.

After all that, I wanted a nice break so I went out on our trampoline to read.

I finished Austenland for the fourth time (I think) today, using my Pride & Prejudice bookmark, like always.

I went inside and had some delicious nectarine dessert, and cheesy chips.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:26 am

Oh my gosh, yay! I wasn't expecting you to do one, Shannon, so this is a lovely surprise.

It's gorgeous there but you know that. I am considering moving into your creek, now, having seen it.

And biking 25 miles? Oh, you put me to so much shame. Seriously.

You also make me want to read Austenland, or any one of the many similar stories, again. That stuff is my not-guilty pleasure.

Yeah...I enjoyed your day thoroughly. :D
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:48 am

I am considering moving into your creek, now, having seen it.
Are you a mermaid!?

Lilbee, reading on a trampoline sounds so relaxing. Makes me want one just for that purpose! Seriously, you went 25 miles, yikes!? That's awesome.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:07 am

Wow, your creek is beautiful! Makes me want to go there when I retire.
And you biked 25 miles, that's amazing!

...I wish I had a trampoline to read on... I have to settle for bed.
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:53 am

Looks like a great place to live! of course I like the plane pic. :D

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:10 pm

I love that more people are doing this! I was worried that it would die.

I've read Austenland. Isn't it a fun book? Makes me want to go to England!
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:46 pm

I went around yesterday taking pictures, probably making everyone on campus think I'm some sort of weirdo, but that's. It's not nearly as adventurous or beautiful as my last day in the life, but it was pretty much a typical Friday.

I got out of bed late, picked out my outfit, and brushed my teeth. I forgot to eat breakfast.

I felt like attempting to be stylish, so I wore my awesome boots for the first time.

I walked to school and enjoyed the pretty fall colors. My camera had a hard time focusing in the morning light.

I looked at the long stairs I get to climb up every day. (Whoever decided that colleges should be on hills anyway?)

I got to class a little late, but early enough to get the bonus iClicker points.

I listened to a wonderful lecture in molecular biology and took not very good notes.

Next up was O-Chem. We had a test this week, so Friday was our first day on Alkenes.

I have an hour break after Chemistry, so I found some nice chairs to relax in.

Then I left my comfy seat to go to Philosophy, where we finished up our discussion of Aristotle.

After Philosophy, I went on a hunt for the Physics TA lab to get help on homework. I was feeling lazy so I took the elevator.
It actually was on the 2nd floor, not the 4th. Oops.

After class, I went to help my roommate with her chem lab.

Then I went to the library to watch my weekly movie for Molecular Biology: Murder, Rape, and DNA.

Finally, I was able to go home. I checked the mail.

And took my vitamins.
Yes, they are gummies. And note the awesome, disturbing Einstein on our fridge.

After that I did some homework and went out to dinner to celebrate my roommate's half birthday. Then we went and saw The Switch at the dollar theater.

And once all that was over I was tired so I went to bed before eleven, which is kind of pathetically early for a college student on a Friday night, but I like sleep. It wasn't too exciting of a day, but not too shabby.
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:33 pm

I like your combo of classes! I miss organic chem - everyone but me hated that unit in chem class, but I loved it. Apparently it runs in the blood, 'cause my mom and sister liked it too. :D

Also, awesome boots and awesome vitamins!
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Postby Petrie » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:42 pm

This may be a weird question but what scent is your deodorant?

I can't remember what brands I used before but I had this, "Eh, as long as it works" attitude. And then, somehow, I caught a whiff of Dove and my personal hygiene world got rocked; mine is Original Clean.

Yes, I'm a sad person. Whatever.

Consider me impressed that you went to classes on a Friday. I would, when I had them (for 7 of my 8 semesters, anyway), but a lot of people I knew skipped those pretty often. I was too school for cool to do that.

Lastly, seconding the awesome boots comment.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:18 pm

I actually kind of like O-chem. It's a little time consuming, but I like how my professor focuses on how it's actually usefully.

Alea, my deodorant is Fresh (or at least that's what it says on the front). I'm still very much a whatever works kind of gal. Nothing really has struck my fancy to buy it every time. Maybe I shall try Original Clean... I pretty much never skip class. I'm too much of a school nerd. =]

And thanks! I like my boots too.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:25 pm

I like the cool/cucumber one, and the sensitive skin one. I'll use either. But I like those two enough that I'll probably buy them a bunch of times before I use anything else again. I'm actively content, which is a step above "eh, this'll do".
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:43 pm

I got to class a little late, but early enough to get the bonus iClicker points.
I used these things once! Playing around with it and constantly pushing the buttons on it between questions was the only thing that kept me awake in a certain class.
Next up was O-Chem. We had a test this week, so Friday was our first day on Alkenes.
If the boards depicted are those chalkboards that move around and stuff, I always thought these were so cool. I think I've only even seen them in person once, though.
Yes, they are gummies. And note the awesome, disturbing Einstein on our fridge.
That picture is indeed awesome.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:48 am

Nice boots!

I love the fall colours and the steps. I am also sick of things being built on hills (aka my entire city).

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:16 am

If the boards depicted are those chalkboards that move around and stuff, I always thought these were so cool. I think I've only even seen them in person once, though.
All the big lecture halls in the chemistry building have them. They are very exciting. When one board gets filled up, you just fling it upwards and start on the next one.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Re: A Day in the Life of LilBee

Postby LilBee91 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Does it count as a double post when it's a year and a half later?

This has kind of died, but I made it one of my Mission 101 goals to do one of these for each season. First up: summer solstice in Minnesota. A bit of a disclaimer: my camera battery, which claimed to be full Wednesday night, was completely dead on Thursday morning when I went to take my first picture. So, I ended up using my phone instead. Thankfully my mother recently convinced me to get an iPhone, so the camera quality is almost as good as my actual camera. But if any of the pictures completely suck, blame the phone.

My day started with my alarm going of at 7:45am. It's later than I get to sleep during the school year, but for some reason it doesn't feel like it. I don't feel like getting out of bed quite yet, so I check email and Pweb on my phone. ETA: sorry if this picture is ginormous--for some reason it didn't resize like the others (at least on my internets).

I peek out the window to see the weather. Nice day. My roommate is still sleeping, so I don't open the blinds to fully enjoy it.

I go into the bathroom and realize that my hair has decided to dry exceptionally curly while I was sleeping. I consider not doing anything to it and seeing if people notice that I just rolled out of bed, but I'd previously decided that it was a straight-hair day, so that's that.

I get ready for the day. I'd been wearing glasses all week, so I figure contacts are in order as well.

I check to see if my shirt from yesterday's walk home in the thunderstorm is dry yet. Good news: it is.

Getting ready takes longer than expected, so I forego toasting a bagel in the incredibly slow toasters in the community kitchen. My bowls are dirty due to my slacking on dishes, so cereal isn't an option either. I opt for a delicious granola bar for breakfast.

Breakfast eaten and teeth brushed, I am ready to go to work. The walk takes about 20 minutes--a bit longer when I stop to take pictures of the ugly half of the river I have to cross.

There is a town fair going on this week, in attempts to make this city exciting. Nothing is open yet, but the food booths are setting up their deep fryers.

I decide to take the scenic route through downtown on the way to work. Other days I cut through the mall, go the way with the fewest turns, or just follow the green lights to avoid waiting for the walk man.

The main Mayo Clinic building is very shiny.

The plaza by the Mayo Clinic has lots of pretty statues.

This is the building I work in, full of laboratories.

I cut through a little garden area on my way to the entrance to get off the crowded sidewalks.

I take the stairs up to my lab (only three stories--I'm only a little crazy).

I leave my purse in my very empty office area. I arrive a few minutes late for my liking, but I don't have an official time I'm supposed to show up, so it's no big deal.

I don't take very many pictures at work, mainly because I don't want my phone sitting around in the lab with all the gross bacteria and whatnot. Besides, all I do all day is mix clear liquids together and grow bacteria. But, for those who care, this is the lab area where I sit all day.

On Thursdays in the summer, there is a little market downtown. I decide to go there for lunch, and see some pretty flowers on the way.

It's not technically my life, but my friend sent me this pictures of some baby moose outside his window during my lunch break.

I browse the booths for a bit.

I find a place with some awesome earrings. I buy the green ones for me and the brown ones for my mom. I got the ring too because the guy was a little short on change (I felt bad clearing them out, but I don't use cash that much and didn't have small bills).

There are lots of great food options, but I decide on a pulled pork sandwich. I eat it in the little garden area I cut through on my way to work.

Work runs late and I don't get out of there until 6:45. I decide I deserve ice cream. There is a booth at the summer market that sells delicious homemade ice cream sandwiches. Good decision.

I walk home, stopping to take a pictures of the pretty half of the river.

I love this point in my walk home: behind you is the city, and in front of you it is suddenly a quiet, green neighborhood.
Image Image

People have already started laying out blankets to save their spots for the parade the next day.

My roommate is at her dinner group when I get home, so I take the internet cable and catch up on my webcomics.

I eat some wonderful leftover macaroni and cheese. And an apple.
Image Image

I decide to read for a bit. I only get through a couple chapters before deciding a nap seems like a wonderful idea.

Around 9:30, a group of us decide to go to Walmart.

There is an awesome sign that I wish was for sale.

We buy stuff to make and decorate t-shirts for our grad school/intern program volleyball tournament this weekend.

I get some necessities.

When we finally get back, I decide it's about time for bed. I change into my awesome Dr. Seuss pajamas. I don't end up actually going to bed for a few more hours, getting distracted by t-shirt designs with my roommate and reading, but eventually I call it a night so I can be somewhat rested for Friday.

Because I have to brag: we decorated the shirts today, and they are awesome.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:19 am

That was a rather spectacular set of photos!

First, I'm pretty sure anyone who tries to say you're "cute", as in "Oh, I just want to pinch your cheeks" cute is clearly blind as a bat; you're freaking hot and that is not something I say lightly or often.

Second, for some reason your view outside from your room reminds me of college even though my campus looked nothing like that. Maybe it's just the sensation I got when looking at it, something like "This is not permanent."

Third, I love the main Mayo Clinic and the nearby sculpture area. From the little I remember of Rochester (driving through it at night, no less), those buildings don't seem to fit.

Fourth, your lab picture is pretty much everything I'd expect (and hope) to be in a science lab. That picture made me giggle for some reason.

Fifth, I thought you all were going to Walmart just as something to do/somewhere to hang out. When I was in high school, that's what we did for fun.

And sixth, I love the sharp contrast photos of city behind, neighborhood in front.

That was a lot of fun; thanks for sharing. :)

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:22 am

Awesome post! That was so much fun to see and read. Thanks for doing it.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:27 am

I just saw this, and I want to say that this picture made me sad because I can no longer find my favorite flavor of Sobe, anywhere.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:12 am

I'm not sure that it's possible to actually feel wistful toward Rochester, but this post has nearly done it for me.
From the little I remember of Rochester (driving through it at night, no less), those buildings don't seem to fit.
Downtown Rochester is slightly classier than the shopping districts the Interstate takes you through.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:07 pm

Fun pics!

It's funny that you posted this right now, since I was just planning on revving up to do another one. :)
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Continuing with my Mission 101 goal to do one of these each season for a year, may I present: A Monday in the Fall for LilBee. I realized after starting this yesterday that it is awfully similar to the one I did two years ago, but I guess that shows how much my life hasn't changed. Winter and Spring, however, should have awesome new adventures.

As I feared, when my alarm went off my laryngitis of the previous day had progressed to one of the worst sore throats of my life. I hate Mondays.

I took a shower, hoping the steam would make me feel better.

Checked Pweb (I'm an addict).

I prepared myself a breakfast for the sickly--oatmeal. I haven't actually made it in years, so I had to read up on the container.
Image Image

I then endured my least favorite sore throat treatment (aside from actual medicine--blegh): the saltwater gargle.

Being sick, I decided I deserved an actual lunch instead of my usual granola bar, apple-if-I'm-lucky combo. Thankfully, I had plenty of leftovers from the chicken noodle soup I made on Saturday.

I enjoyed the pretty fall colors on the way to school. Not pictured: me taking the elevator instead of the stairs.
(My camera can't focus for bean in the morning light)

I was a bit late for my clinical chemistry class, but didn't miss anything horrible important in the first few minutes.

After class, I went upstairs to stash my lunch in the fridge.

Then it was time for work!
Unfortunately, work was very busy and I had to talk in my ultra-raspy man voice for three straight hours.

After work, I went to my lab class and go to analyze urine samples for three hours. Woo! (I didn't take any pictures, because that's gross). After lab, it was back to work for two more hours.

Finally, my day on campus was over and I could finally rest my voice. But not until I called Boy so he could pity/mock me. And I saw more pretty colors!
Image Image

When I got home, I checked the mail--just junk.

And heated myself up some more leftover chicken noodle soup!

I was all out of underwear, so I had no choice but to do laundry.
Image Image

Having been very productive all day, despite my aching throat, I decided to reward myself with Big Bang, the debates, my love sac, and a Dr. Pepper float.
Image Image Image

To wrap the day up, I read a chapter in a new book and went to bed early!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:56 am

Very cool! Thanks for doing this. Btw, how do you take screen grabs of your phone? Is it an iphone thing or can droids do it too?
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:31 am

Very cool! Thanks for doing this. Btw, how do you take screen grabs of your phone? Is it an iphone thing or can droids do it too?
On the iPhone, you press the power and home buttons at the same time and it saves a screen shot to your pictures. I'm sure droids have the feature, but I don't know what keys you press.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:39 am

Notes I took along the way:

It is a truly rare day that I have to be up any early than 7, though usually not until 8 or 9, so that an alarm can go off in the 6 o'clocks makes me tired just thinking about it. Is this an every day thing for you or does your wake-up time vary at all throughout the week?

I appreciate your use of brown sugar in your oatmeal. I'm just going to keep track of all the people who do this and present the information to zero's mom as evidence that I'm not as weird as she thinks.

I gave up on the saltwater gargle when I kept gagging just violently enough to make me almost actually throw up. I'll take the sore throat, thanks.

I just saw the word "disease" in your notes and hoped it meant you were studying for a possible zombie infestation.

Mr. Sexy Pants! :mrgreen:

Your soup looks amazingly filling.

That was fun; thanks for sharing. 8)

wizzard
Soldier
Soldier
Title: if ever a wizz there was?
First Joined: 25 Jan 2003

Postby wizzard » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:20 am

I love the picture of the trees, the colors are amazing. And the blurriness is clearly "artistic" :wink:
I appreciate your use of brown sugar in your oatmeal. I'm just going to keep track of all the people who do this and present the information to zero's mom as evidence that I'm not as weird as she thinks.
)
I was honestly surprised the first time I saw someone eat oatmeal without brown sugar. I didn't realize it was an oddity at all.

"Morituri Nolumus Mori" -Rincewind

Don't feed the bezoar!

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:32 am

I love that you keep posting your days! I should do the same.

)
I was honestly surprised the first time I saw someone eat oatmeal without brown sugar. I didn't realize it was an oddity at all.
Brown sugar on oatmeal is totally normal. I bet you could find 100 recipes online for oatmeal that have brown sugar on them. I bet I could find them for you... but that might be considered insane by some.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:14 am

Hey! Didn't I tell you to try this?!
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:36 am

Wait, how else do you eat oatmeal? I mean, I will use golden syrup in the absence of brown sugar, but it isn't the first thing I reach for.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Wait, how else do you eat oatmeal? I mean, I will use golden syrup in the absence of brown sugar, but it isn't the first thing I reach for.
I almost always go brown sugar first. The rest of the time I use *maple* syrup.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Hey! Didn't I tell you to try this?!
You and Kirsten, yes.

Which is why using you all to prove I'm not weird may be an issue. :mrgreen:

His family sees brown sugar in oatmeal as a rare-occasion treat; regularly, they eat it with raisins and cinnamon. They also pour milk in it as though it is cereal and I just use a dash so we're clearly coming from different places on oatmeal prep. I think my habit of using brown sugar is also held against me, as a symptom of my problem with eating sugary things in general and is considered a part of why I'm so...uh, "healthy." That is to say, chubby.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Whaaaat? It's not like you're Walter in To Kill a Mockingbird and are asking for molasses to put on your meat and vegetables.

Just tell them that's how the po' folk eat their porridge and make them feel super uncomfortable for commenting on it! Make them feel like the weirdos!

(Plus, brown sugar has fewer calories than regular sugar and only like 5 more calories per tsp than cinnamon. And your proper use of milk more than makes up for those when compared with their overuse of milk.)
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:39 pm

His family sees brown sugar in oatmeal as a rare-occasion treat; regularly, they eat it with raisins and cinnamon. They also pour milk in it as though it is cereal and I just use a dash so we're clearly coming from different places on oatmeal prep. I think my habit of using brown sugar is also held against me, as a symptom of my problem with eating sugary things in general and is considered a part of why I'm so...uh, "healthy." That is to say, chubby.
Raisins and milk in oatmeal are somewhat normal too, cinnamon isn't unusual either. But I strongly dislike raisins in my oatmeal, and cinnamon is better used on other things. My favorite "oatmeal extra" (besides the sugaring) is either walnuts or sunflower seeds. My little brothers do apple sauce mixed in though.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:00 pm

One lady comes into Starbucks and gets oatmeal with butter and honey. That's the weirdest I've ever heard of. I eat it with brown sugar and dried fruit. I had it once made with steamed milk instead of water and it was really good!

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:04 pm

One lady comes into Starbucks and gets oatmeal with butter and honey. That's the weirdest I've ever heard of. I eat it with brown sugar and dried fruit. I had it once made with steamed milk instead of water and it was really good!
crockpot oatmeal starting with milk and steelcut oats is THE BEST.

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby LilBee91 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Alea, I have class at 8am everyday, so I usually set my alarm for 7. I got up a bit earlier on Monday because I opted for a morning shower.

When I was first introduced to oatmeal (the real stuff--I had instant oatmeal a lot growing up, but that's pre-flavored), I just topped it with honey. I think I got the brown sugar thing from Pweb. This was the first time I'd done it since I rarely consume oatmeal, so I don't know if I'm a valid example of not-crazy in that regard. I also cooked it in milk, because milk>water.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”