What do YOU do?

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
-Bean
Launchie
Launchie

What do YOU do?

Postby -Bean » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:06 am

For the last few days I've had a tune that I thought up playing through my head over and over again. My wife and I went to see a movie tonight, and when we got home, something just clicked and I had to start writing. I had all of the lyrics laid out in my head, wrote down the first two verses and half of the chorus, and as life would have it, had my attention torn away, just for a second, to answer a vitally important question. Oh, wait, that was just sarcasm. But really, just that tiniest fraction of a second of distraction and bang, it all disappeared. So my question is this, what do you do when you get writers block, do you just put it down, come back to it later, or do you try to power through it? What works for you? I'm struggling here and it's driving me nuts, and I know if I put it down now, it'll be six months to a year before that inspiration hits me again. I really don't want to wait that long to finish my song.
-Bean
The most important thing to know is that you don't know anything.
-Bean

mr_thebrain
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The same thing we do every night...
First Joined: 0- 7-2000

Postby mr_thebrain » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:35 am

it happens.
a lot.

whenever it happens to me. i have a couple of ways to try to get back on track. i realize i will never get back on the same exact track i was on before. so usually i'll write down what i already have into a music editing program (like finale or guitar pro) and then hope that kick starts me back into creativity. if it doesn't, a lot of times, i'll start writing crazy stuff in there in the hopes that something good will come of it. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. the most effective way i found was to take it to my band and work on it together with them.

i don't know what you would do.
Ubernaustrum

Return to “Milagre Town Square”