dream sharing?

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

dream sharing?

Postby elfprince13 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:10 pm

Has this happened to anyone before? I'm know several of you read my post to Bob about the happenings with my relationship. Last night we had identical nightmares about her leaving me. I'm significantly weirded out by this.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Re: dream sharing?

Postby Tiny genius » Sat May 05, 2012 1:23 am

Identical? I've had crazy (and I'm talking King George III on ACID crazy) dreams but I've never had the same dream as someone else on the same night (that I know of!)

That's... odd. This is years late but what the hell, found it on "unanswered posts". Time someone blew the dust of those things and had a look at them.

P.S. Just noticed your location, 127.0.0.1. Humorous. :)
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Sun May 06, 2012 2:25 pm

This used to happen to my friend Dan and me all the time. People never believed us, and we thought it was weird for sure, but it's hardly the strangest thing that had ever happened to us, so we accepted it. It hasn't happened to us in years, and probably never will again, given how the nature of our relationship has changed so drastically. But yeah. Happened to me.
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Sun May 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Philotic links/binding :)
Spooky action at a distance and quantum entaglement and smeg like that!
"Other universes may exist, but ours seems to be based on war and games" - William S. Burroughs

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Sun May 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Or, more likely, you happen to have similar dreams and because of the fuzzy, half-remembered nature of most dreams, upon discussing them you fill in each other's gaps and come to believe that they were the same.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Tiny genius
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Tiny genius » Mon May 07, 2012 5:07 am

Eh, pretty much my thoughts, I's just being silly.

But it is, as you said Jason, ;) , most dreams that are fuzzy.
I can recall some of my dreams with great clarity, even when I'm in another dream. People say "Oh I can do that in my sleep" but when it comes to looking for patterns in numbers, that's true for me. I was answering some question on a dream-maths test and noticed a pattern in an answer. Testing it in the condensation on my shower door in the morning I discovered it had been right. Odd, that. My favourite dream experience is discovering that I'm in a dream and controlling the world as if I were in the Matrix and aware of it.

But I have strayed somewhat from dream sharing itself. The closest I've ever come to this is having an idea at as near to exactly as is measurable time as somebody else. Not too exciting, really.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”