American Idol 2009

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

American Idol 2009

Postby locke » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:35 am

Okay, so I'm no longer working on the show (and can comment now that we're past the auditions) and now that the performance part has started we need a thread.

Yes, Gokey was your favorite tonight, I've been thinking top four, but who else will or should make it?

I can see Michael Sarver getting through for the second best song choice of the night (granted I didn't see his performance, just the recap), but never underestimate the power of the country vote going to the guy that sang Hick Town.

of the girls my money is on the number two contestant of the night, Alexis Grace, with the bleached blond hair with the red lock, she was the only one that really impressed me of the women, although she was still kind of middling (only heard the beginning of Tatiana's before she recovered and pulled it off).

overall the show tonight was a disaster, though. I can't believe they went live with them right away, the last few years have had pretapes for the three weeks leading into the top 12, with the top 12 night being the first live night. and the mistakes on the technical/program side (queueing the wrong contestant on the playback reel, the TD cutting to the wrong cam a couple times) were just painful to see.

And Jesus, Gokey sang Hero terrifically, better than Brooke did last year, and yet he still was not as good as he could have been. it sucks we have to wait three weeks until he performs again. :(
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:09 am

Wow, I was bored last night. I watched the first half hour, read a book during the second half hour, then I left completely to hang out online for the rest of the show.

I'm hoping once we get to the top 12, it will be more exciting. Should I watch at all until then?
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:08 pm

I'm loving it, actually.

But, I play an American Idol Pick 'Em game. It's awesome. My mom and I made the same picks this week (without talking to each other about it.)

I HATE Tatiana. She just... makes me want to kick something. Like her.

I love Anoop. I think he's adorable. I think Stevie is cute, but forgetable. I like Michael even though I don't like country music. I thought Jakie's pants were scary. I thought Casey was cute, but that the song wasn't so good and her facial expressions bothered me. Brent seems to subscribe to David Archuleta's poop-stance school of singing.

(And I'm watching the results show now, and the sound quality is terrible. It's all kinds of scratchy. I don't know if that's something to do with the show itself, my cable company, my recording or what. It's going to drive me crazy, though.)

Rules:
Before we get to the final 12:
-We will pick the top 3 each week.
-5 points per correct guess for a total of 15 possible points per week.
Once we get to the final 12:
- 5 points for each correct bottom 3 contestant each week
-10 points for picking the correct "booted" singer each week, giving a max of 25 points per week (assuming there IS a bottom 3)
-15 bonus points per correct "final 2" prediction (we’ll pick this once we get to the final 12)
-25 bonus points for eventual winner prediction (we’ll pick this once we get to the final 12)
-Kim

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Fri May 15, 2009 10:35 am

Ok, so I've been meaning to post in here for weeks, but I keep neglecting to post!

Even though I was bored out of my mind early in the season, once we got to the top 12, I've been LOVING it! It's my favorite group of contestants ever. The top 5 was just what I would have picked, as well as the top 4 and the top 3. Top 2 was harder for me. I thought all 3 deserved to be there. When it comes down to it, I wanted it to be Kris and Danny. Adam got a little boring for me in the end, even though he's got an amazing voice! Adam will win, but Danny, Kris and Alison will have amazing careers that I intend to follow!
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Fri May 15, 2009 11:40 am

actually I think Kris will win, here's why:

Adam's been coasting on his earlier success for weeks now, granted he can coast because he's in a completely different league from everyone else in the competition this year, but he is coasting, his top three performances were mediocre (for him) rather than excellent.

Danny's fans are not too likely to break for Adam, I think many of the people who were voting for Danny will go to Kris' camp. Being generous I think it'll be a 60-40 split in favor of Kris picking up Danny's votes. I think it'll probably be more like a 70-30 split in Kris' favor.

Kris has a broader demographic appeal, he's completely unthreatening and very wholesome and charming without being stepfordy (like Archuleta was).

Kris is the underdog and everyone knows it, those who really want him to win will be much more motivated than those supporting Adam, who may be a little more slack.

Adam will outdo Kris on every conceivable level next week, meaning he'll pick up more of the finale only votes that get pulled in, but Kris' supporters will be voting even more fiercely because he won't do as well as Adam.

and I've just got a feeling that Kris will win, the rest is just silly rationalization trying to sound intelligent. :-p I think it'll be the closest vote since clay v reuben

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Procrastination Fairy

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Fri May 15, 2009 2:27 pm

actually I think Kris will win, here's why:

Adam's been coasting on his earlier success for weeks now, granted he can coast because he's in a completely different league from everyone else in the competition this year, but he is coasting, his top three performances were mediocre (for him) rather than excellent.

Danny's fans are not too likely to break for Adam, I think many of the people who were voting for Danny will go to Kris' camp. Being generous I think it'll be a 60-40 split in favor of Kris picking up Danny's votes. I think it'll probably be more like a 70-30 split in Kris' favor.

Kris has a broader demographic appeal, he's completely unthreatening and very wholesome and charming without being stepfordy (like Archuleta was).

Kris is the underdog and everyone knows it, those who really want him to win will be much more motivated than those supporting Adam, who may be a little more slack.

Adam will outdo Kris on every conceivable level next week, meaning he'll pick up more of the finale only votes that get pulled in, but Kris' supporters will be voting even more fiercely because he won't do as well as Adam.

and I've just got a feeling that Kris will win, the rest is just silly rationalization trying to sound intelligent. :-p I think it'll be the closest vote since clay v reuben
I miss Danny. He was my favorite, but I knew he was going home. Everyone in my homeroom agreed.

Kris was awesome singing heartless. I loved the spin he put on it. It was totally different than the original. I almost agree with Randy that it was better.

Adam was good, but he was his usual screaming self. Can he sing a song without going an octave too high?

My mom agreed that the Danny fans aren't likely going to be voting a bunch for Adam.

Who knows? Kris might just pull it off. I want him to, not just because he's from AR like me, nut that he deserves it. He worked really hard to get to the final round (not that Adam didn't also).

I am definitly voting next week.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Fri May 15, 2009 3:09 pm

I am so relieved that Danny went home. his mutilation of Dream On was possibly the worst Idol moment this season (and the scream possibly the worst moment ever on the show) more worthy of Norman Gentle than a real siinger. And Gokey's Dream On was far less competent than anything Gentle did on the show, incredibly inept.

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:23 pm

Well, I do think the scream was way over the top.

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Tue May 19, 2009 6:08 pm

Finale!!!!!!!!!!

^Peter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ^Peter » Tue May 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Adam or Kris?

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Tue May 19, 2009 6:27 pm

KRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm from AR

^Peter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ^Peter » Tue May 19, 2009 9:58 pm

Man, both of them were really good tonight. I have to say that Adam's creepiness was over the top, though.

Pwebbers and Idol watchers!
What's your vote?

EDIT: I'm assuming that the majority of you picked Kris, now that it's over...
I just lost the game; you just lost the game.

http://www.losethegame.net/

I know! I'll use my sig as advertisement space for my classmates. http://www.youtube.com/user/Theorem42

Jeesh_girl15
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jeesh_girl15 » Thu May 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won!Kris won! Kris won! Kris won! Kris Won! Kris Won! Kris won! Kris won! Copying and pasting is very efficient

Return to “Milagre Town Square”