All I have to do is dream...

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:45 pm

If you told me I got to play Mannequin (the movie, not the object), I would be overwhelmed with 80s' joy.

However, playing with you in your store is also happy-making stuff. 8) Thank you for hosting me in your head.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:58 am

A couple days ago, I was hanging out with Jan in a department store.

My dreams have become a lot more vivid and memorable of late. I've had several fun magic-related dreams, and this morning Stephen Colbert beat the crap out of Tim Curry for looking at the screens during a live taping (when apparently he shouldn't have?). Since I was also looking at the screens, I was glad not to be beaten up.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:21 am

My dreams have become a lot more vivid and memorable of late.
You do know what vivid dreams are a symptom of, right? ;)
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:28 am

No. I fear it's something sexual when I say I not only almost always remember my dreams (for years if I write down parts of it) when I wake up but also have vivid ones the majority of the time.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:38 am

No. I fear it's something sexual when I say I not only almost always remember my dreams (for years if I write down parts of it) when I wake up but also have vivid ones the majority of the time.
Not sexual, per se. It can be a symptom of pregnancy to have more vivid dreams. Sorry for the confusion.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:13 am

Oh, phew. No chance of that here. :mrgreen: Carry on with the teasing.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:22 pm

seconds after reading this thread, for whatever reason a song popped into my head I haven't listened to in years.

I've no idea why the association popped into my mind but it was kinda startling.

The song was Vincent by Don McLean particularly:
Now I think I know
What you tried to say to me
and How you suffered for your sanity
and how you tried to set them free

They're not listening
They're not listening still
perhaps they never will.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:38 pm

Huh, I sang that song in choir, and have never heard it done by anyone else. Cool!
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:00 pm

I had a few crazy dreams last night but one that was very happy was a road trip to Arizona to surprise Alea with a visit. Wicked awesome!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:27 pm

a road trip to Arizona to surprise Alea with a visit. Wicked awesome!
My name is G D and I approve (and encourage) this message. :D

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat May 22, 2010 1:14 pm

Featured Pwebber: Mich

I had gotten back to my house after some outing, walked into my room, looked at my stereo's right cassette player (I don't actually own this stereo anymore; I gave it to my big brother in January) and saw that it wasn't shut properly. This, in my dream, could only mean one thing: Mich had been over. See, in the dream, it was normal for him to break into my house and room, look around at my collection of stuff, write out a review of some aspect of it (books, movies, music, etc.), and then stuff it into the right cassette player. I'm pretty sure they were less than favorable reviews and I ended up discarding some of the stuff he disliked.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sat May 22, 2010 3:45 pm

HA! Now I want to review random things that you own, probably with needlessly long tangents and details you don't care about. I'm glad my negative feedback was enough to influence you to choose (obviously better) products, though.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:43 am

Last night I dreamed that Rei and I were moving back to York. We had Italian food at a restaurant I've been to before, in the Shambles, but it had been reno'd and they were rude to us. Then we got caught up in a gang war on campus as we tried to locate one of my friends' house in a wacky case of mistaken identity. The Blue Hoodies were suspicious because Rei was wearing a black hoodie, and the Black Hoodies were upset there was an imposter running around. No one would believe us that it was a different black hoodie and we just wanted somewhere out of the way.

Then Hermes Trismegistus showed up out of his secret cryo-lab and everyone was too shocked to shoot. He had been searching everywhere for Rei and was thrilled to have found him. So we got into his cryo-truck and prepared to go back to his lab, and then I woke up.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:56 am

Then Hermes Trismegistus showed up out of his secret cryo-lab and everyone was too shocked to shoot. He had been searching everywhere for Rei and was thrilled to have found him. So we got into his cryo-truck and prepared to go back to his lab, and then I woke up.
Woo, alchemy! Thrice Great! :D

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:10 am

This dream did not feature any pwebbers, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

It was awesome.

Right before I woke up, I was having the best (G-rated) dream ever. I dreamed that I had discovered that if you sprinkled the spice thyme on something, you would automatically have enough time to accomplish whatever tasks you have to do associated with that. So, if I sprinkled thyme on my computer, time would pause/stretch/bend so that I could do all my paperwork and still have enough time to do other things. Sprinkle it on the computer when I have my dissertation up, and presto! Time shifts and bends and I can get it done. Sprinkle it on the wedding planner, enough time to make phone calls and plan and order things. It was so, so great.

The fact that I am having punny dreams about making enough time probably says something about my life right now.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:54 am

Woo, alchemy! Thrice Great! :D
We have this thing for Hermes. He's kind of our mascot. Rei thought this was the best dream EVER because not only did it feature Hermes, Hermes was LOOKING FOR HIM.

Claire
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: World Traveler
First Joined: 16 Dec 2002

Postby Claire » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:44 pm

This dream did not feature any pwebbers, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

It was awesome.

Right before I woke up, I was having the best (G-rated) dream ever. I dreamed that I had discovered that if you sprinkled the spice thyme on something, you would automatically have enough time to accomplish whatever tasks you have to do associated with that. So, if I sprinkled thyme on my computer, time would pause/stretch/bend so that I could do all my paperwork and still have enough time to do other things. Sprinkle it on the computer when I have my dissertation up, and presto! Time shifts and bends and I can get it done. Sprinkle it on the wedding planner, enough time to make phone calls and plan and order things. It was so, so great.

The fact that I am having punny dreams about making enough time probably says something about my life right now.
this would make a great short story!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:21 am

I had a great, coherent dream last night that was a cross between Dollhouse and Johnny Mnemonic. I was just about to find out the big reveal of the movie (it was very movie-ish) and I'd just discovered the hidden mover behind all the conflict and she was going to tell all when Brent came home and I woke up.

It was a crazy-fun dream. Might need to write it down and/or think it out into a proper story.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:34 am

"All I do is dream of you the whole night through..."

That song pops into my head pretty much every time this thread gets posted in.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:39 am

In my typical fashion of dreaming about rather normal things since even my subconscious is boring, I dreamed that I was talking to Alea on AIM.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:46 pm

Technically, this involves another pwebber, since my dear other half was involved.

I dreamed I was going to church, and it was the very worst of what Catholic mass could be. And then I had to explain to the in-laws what had happened. Ugh, I hated sitting through that mass even in a dream - 40 minutes on, and we hadn't even gotten to the psalm yet.

There was also cats and for some reason auto-detailing, but that was at a different point in the dream.

Still not pregnant, Steph! :P

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Postby Petrie » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:33 pm

I was talking to Alea on AIM.
I vote we make this a reality again. :)

My Fursdays and Fridurdays have been depressingly empty lately.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:08 pm

When did you become a little birdie? I'm always so out of the loop.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Postby Petrie » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:39 pm

Bird? :x Aren't you a science teacher?

And, uh, apparently on May 25th.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:22 pm

When did you become a little birdie?
For shame, neo.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:31 pm

I've had not one but two dreams this week so far, I am ecstatic. In last night's, I was camping out with hippies in some vague desert that looked more like Eastern Washington than California or Arizona or Utah, though we were talking about the Columbia river and water rights and drought, so it was meant to be Washington. Though, who knows really when it comes to dreams.

I think it was an omen that today would actually be warm. Wooo.
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:04 am

Featured Pwebber: Ed

I was at home, packing for a trip to visit him, when it started raining outside and subsequently, in my home - the roof must have sprung a bunch of leaks because it was pretty bad. Shortly thereafter, while trying to pack and take care of the water, some guy breaks into my house and I have to hide out in my room, holding the door shut, trying to help the lock as best as possible until someone can come help me.

I assume that gets taken care of because the next thing I know, I'm off my plane and in the car with Ed, traveling down this rural-esque road when I ask him to pull over by what appears to be a dirt road but is really paved. (I don't know why I noticed or cared about that in the dream). He parks and we walk up, coming across this almost plantation like mansion that is built so that its second level is at the road's level. He asks if I want to go in via the second story balcony and I tell him it looks unstable but I'll try stepping on.

Sure enough, it was too unstable for me, so I let him go in alone and watched from the side of the road. He walked through the kitchen just fine but then got this look on his face like he was just barely keeping cool. He rushed out, grabbed me and said we had to leave but before we made it very far, he collapsed and was shaking like he was having a seizure or something. I screamed for help but no one rushed over and for some reason, I asked him if he was still breathing (I think he said yes).

I happened, right around then, to notice this woman make a rude comment about it, so while he was still shaking -but getting better- I walked over, grabbed her by the hair, dragged her to him, and told her to help. So she started making out with him and he got better pretty quickly.

She then walked off, mad at me, and I grabbed him and started walking him back to his car.

A little ways down, the girl who had helped him magically changed into a bikini and I was really confused and annoyed because it was cold out and she should be wearing clothes. Ed, on the other hand, didn't mind her change in wardrobe.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Oh man, I was so happy for this dream.

Featured Pwebbers: Nomi and Ali

The two of them decided to come visit me in AZ and to make things even better, it wasn't Sucktown, where I currently live, and it wasn't Phoenix; they were visiting me in Tucson, which is the only city in the state I have a real (read: positive emotional) connection with. I was so stoked to finally be able to take someone to a place that really mattered to me like that, so I asked what they wanted to do, on the offchance they had some ideas. If not, I'd give them the tour of what I considered important stuff. One of them suggested a rodeo and while I'm not a fan of those at all, it was what they wanted, so off we went.

That was the basic gist of the dream but there were little things that made it a good one, that are hard to explain. Everything they did radiated kindness and warmth, which made me feel at peace. Dreams that don't make me feel bad or, at best, indifferent are pretty rare.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:04 pm

*warm fuzzies*

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:52 pm

*more warm fuzzies*

We totally need to make that one a reality some day (maybe minus the rodeo).
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:26 am

Kelly, for some reason, you are the only pwebber ever to make guest appearances in my dreams. I've randomly had dreams where I was reading pweb or posting on pweb, but you are the only pwebber ever to show up live and in person. Last night was the second time.

(At first this morning, I couldn't figure out why, as I haven't been on pweb for the past couple of days, but then I realized it probably has to do with me rereading Lolita over the weekend and recognizing the lines you used to use for your sig.)

Anyhow, I don't remember the details of the dream -- other than that it was a very involved and detailed dream -- but somehow we ran into one another at a gym. We were on some kind of massive structure, like a jungle gym on steroids, that was an absolutely brutal workout. And we were talking about workout songs, at least, partly, when not trying to climb. And I think at some point you talked me through climbing up a really tricky piece of it. And then that part of the dream ended, and you were my houseguest or something, and I was living somewhere on the Northern Plains, and we were supposed to go to dinner with my extended family, and we were in this weird restaurant/western bar kind of thing, about to leave, and I don't know exactly what happened. Somehow, I discovered that I have a really impressive gift for throwing toothpicks like darts into walls, pretty much exactly where I aimed them. And then we were all supposed to drive somewhere to watch some high school football game -- six man football, and it was kind of like a double header, and was going to involve driving long trips between the two games -- and I was getting really worried that you were going to be annoyed with my family, and I was trying to find you in a crowd to save you from having to ride with my rather boring and evangelist uncle, who I thought would get on your nerves.

That's all I really remember. Anyhow, it was kind of a fun dream.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:31 am

Aww, that does sound like a fun dream!

Although I don't ever recall quoting LOLITA in my signature; your memory is clearly better than mine!
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:35 pm

I didn't make a real attempt to remember these two dreams at all, so the only things I can say for sure are zero and Kelly were in one, and Mich was in the other; Kelly and I were heading back to a college campus just before the sun set; zero wasn't being mean to me, which is rare for his dream-self; and Jeff was hanging around with me in my room while my parents, just outside the room, were going on about how concerned for my mental health they were.

I also had one a little over two weeks ago that Eddie IMed me (just before, in reality, I did receive a message from him [insert Twilight Zone music here]) but that wasn't enough to warrant posting all by itself.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Jeff was hanging around with me in my room while my parents, just outside the room, were going on about how concerned for my mental health they were.
I'm going to assume they were questioning your mental health because I don't really exist and am an imaginary friend.

It makes complete sense.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:49 pm

Now I am questioning my mental health because I thought you were the real one and zero was the imaginary friend part of you.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”