All I have to do is dream...

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Re: All I have to do is dream...

Postby Luet » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Last night, I had a dream that my mom, stepfather and myself were visiting Jan, Paul and the girls. Ginny and I were playing a MLP board game, which was really fun and she was giving me cutie mark kisses with the ponies. I was worried about my parents embarrassing me. Also, we were planning on driving home that night, without stopping (which I don't think is possible from NL to NY).

eta: what is it with my posts starting new pages lately?!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:41 pm

eta: what is it with my posts starting new pages lately?!
That's a reason why i favor the forum format that orders posts in reverse chronological order. It has cons... but you avoid the "first post of the page disconnect" and the "last post of the page neglection" syndromes :mrgreen:

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:16 am

Oh, pweb. I don't remember the details, but we were in an awful fight, factions and shouting, and - oh, pweb, let's never fight again!
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

KennEnder
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Secret Agent Man
First Joined: 0- 0-2000

Postby KennEnder » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:34 am

That's a reason why i favor the forum format that orders posts in reverse chronological order. It has cons... but you avoid the "first post of the page disconnect" and the "last post of the page neglection" syndromes :mrgreen:
I have to agree: while there are obviously pros and cons to both formats, I think I prefer the reverse order forum format... besides, then I can just click on the link to the forum and not have to find the last numbered page of that forum.
Share this dragon - If you do - Lucky end - For them and you! Petra

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:03 am

Oh, pweb. I don't remember the details, but we were in an awful fight, factions and shouting, and - oh, pweb, let's never fight again!
reverse chronological post order was actually an issue? :O far from me wanting to rekindle the flames of war, sorry!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:56 pm

I dreamed that Ed went with me to see Ender's Game the movie and it was terrible. Not only that, the screen they were using to show it was not the regular, front of the theater screen but some ad hoc, rinky dink portable screen set up in the back of the room. We were supposed to just know that the regular theater seats turned in place, so I couldn't see well for a variety of reasons. The movie itself, outside of the conditions in the theater, was so bad I walked out and demanded my money back, all the while saying "I know this story and this is wrong."
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

TerresaWiggin
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby TerresaWiggin » Sat May 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Am I the only one who has dreams when they are technically awake? like I'm putting on my clothes and packing for school but I'm still dreaming... I had one of those Thursday morning, I was having this dream about being at this lake house with my choir and then when I finally snapped out of it I was almost entirely ready for school... so strange.
"when a school counselor called her in to tell her that the school administration was growing concerned about the fact that Petra seemed to be associating with the antisocial element in the school, she knew that she was truly at home in Maralik."

wizzard
Soldier
Soldier
Title: if ever a wizz there was?
First Joined: 25 Jan 2003

Postby wizzard » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:30 am

I had a dream last night that I was in Chicago on business, and I randomly ran into Alea. We spent the rest of the day just hanging out. This is odd, since I have never been to Chicago, nor met Alea in person. I'm taking it as a sign that I've been staying away from this place for too long.

"Morituri Nolumus Mori" -Rincewind

Don't feed the bezoar!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:44 am

Or, perhaps, a sign that you need to come to Chicago and meet Alea in person; pretty sure I haven't permanently scarred anyone else who has done so. Yet, anyway. :wink:

Seriously, though, yes, you've been away for much too long and this place misses you!

(Extra-serisouly, if you ever do make it out this way, I would love to meet you. :) )

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Postby buckshot » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:21 pm

Saturday evening I was snoozing in a favorite blind "the palace we call it" I tend to snooze often lately anyhow I wake as the moon is coming up all huge n golden and here is this BEST buck I've seen in a while standing on the crest of the hill right in front of the moon! I had the "Boss " with me and could easily have made the shot but what if I missed! How far and what if? In my youth there would be no question BANG but not now anyway not today. I am so picky now more often as not I don't shoot cuz I'm gettting lazy and may not not feel like hanging and dealing with another deer. I have a had a lot of chances to shoot nice bucks here and still have a couple days left but I don't care so much anymore as we have plenty but I do enjoy giving some away. Maybe next year I may take some more wounded vets out and get them deer, I owe them a lot but it is a lot of work, maybe I should screen them a little better it's a little ruff for me to handle someone in a wheelchair now but will see.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:57 am

I had a dream that I met some random OSC fans and they knew a bunch of pwebbers but from a different fan forum that I didn't know about. I felt really sad and left out. I think the decline of pweb is getting to me. :(
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:00 pm

I think the decline of pweb is getting to me. :(
We're just sleeping.

Soundly.

But we shall rise again.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:11 am

Oh man! I had a dream.

Wil was in it and was a huge jerk.

What more is there to say?

No, but really, it was a D&D/tabletop RPG game, played with myself, Wil, my coworker, and a character probably made up for the dream. The unknown person had to answer a phone call, and while we were waiting my coworker went into the other room. This made Wil very upset and he loudly complained (as he adjusted his fedora) that my coworker was holding the game up. While the other person was still on the phone.

Anyway. Made me laugh. I was like "I am never meeting another P-Webber in the flesh again." I blame the dream on Chris and his couch-jumping.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:23 pm

You're welcome.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Apparently, the assault of General Error on pweb has affected my unconscious.

Last night had a dream that Ali was inviting me into a pweb chat where everyone was trying to figure out how to fix the problem. Except it was an old school chat, on AIM. And I was terribly frustrated as I couldn't get AIM on my phone and wanted to join in.

Glad I woke up to pweb fixed.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:43 am

I dreamed that spammers came in and assaulted pweb in a hostile takeover leaving the mods helpless to respond and pweb a ghost town.

One of several disturbing dreams.
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:08 am

Trying to understand my brain is nigh impossible. Mostly these past few years, my dream every night has been some variation on zero breaking up with me and me not being able to contact him because he has effectively disappeared or zero breaking up with me but wanting to just be friends. It seems like getting stressed will cause the break-up dreams to go away and for me to have different, one-off nightmares. And then there was last night's dream, which was really fun and happy but fits in absolutely nowhere in my typical dream line-up these days. This is not a complaint, brain.

I was visiting Kirsten at her house -which had a sprawling back yard for Atty to play in, including all sorts of playground equipment- and got to spend the day playing with and chasing Atty around. We went on the playground structures, we played hide and seek, and a two person version of tag (where naturally I was always "It" and chasing after him). There were a few moments I worried he might get hurt while we were playing but mostly it was just this intense feeling of happiness, watching him laugh and run and occasionally go to mom to let her share his happiness.

starlooker
Commander
Commander

Postby starlooker » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:24 am

Awww. I'm glad we were able to be a happy one-off for your brain :) That sounds really lovely.

(Possibly your brain has hijacked my wake-up fantasy of actually having a backyard like that.)
into the wind, unafraid.

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:15 pm

:)

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:40 am

I was visiting Kirsten at her house -which had a sprawling back yard for Atty to play in, including all sorts of playground equipment- and got to spend the day playing with and chasing Atty around. We went on the playground structures, we played hide and seek, and a two person version of tag (where naturally I was always "It" and chasing after him). There were a few moments I worried he might get hurt while we were playing but mostly it was just this intense feeling of happiness, watching him laugh and run and occasionally go to mom to let her share his happiness.
This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Return to “Milagre Town Square”