All I have to do is dream...

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:55 pm

Maybe I went out of my way to make sure you were home, or something completely normal and not stalker-ish like that.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue May 26, 2009 4:57 pm

I dreamed a few nights ago that Adam was making me a digital slideshow.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:14 am

So, I had a ton of wacky dreams last night probably owing to the fact that I didn't take my regular night pills.

The pweb related one: I went down to NYC to see Kelly before she left for Minnesota (which I totally wish I could do!). We were hanging out and I was trying to decide if I could spend the night or if I had to drive home that night.

My non-pweb dreams:
My dad died (which wasn't the upsetting part) and the horrible funeral packed with my crazy family ensued.
Someone let my kitten outside and I was trying to chase her through the woods to find her. I was crying a lot.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Young Val
Commander
Commander
Title: Papermaster
First Joined: 12 Sep 2000
Location: from New York City to St. Paul, MN (but I'm a Boston girl at heart).

Postby Young Val » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:40 am

Oh, Nomi! I would love it if you could visit! I swear we will actually meet in person one of these days! If all goes well for a friend of mine, I may have a wedding to attend upstate in the next year... If it happens, I'll have to see if I can make arrangements for a day trip! And of course, if your dream were reality I'd insist you stay over! I make excellent breakfasts!
you snooze, you lose
well I have snozzed and lost
I'm pushing through
I'll disregard the cost
I hear the bells
so fascinating and
I'll slug it out
I'm sick of waiting
and I can
hear the bells are
ringing joyful and triumphant

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:49 pm

I think reading this shortly before going to bed influenced my dreams.

The dream itself was terrible and I don't want to recall most of it but the Pwebber was Nomi. At the end of the suckiest part, there were about 4 of us sitting around and I wanted to get a picture.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:02 pm

Awww, I'm sorry! I hope I didn't do anything mean in your dream. :(
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Oh, no, no, no! You and the others were the only good things about it; being supportive during the worst of it.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:49 am

Okay, I had a long and weird dream last night, but a main plot point of it was that all of P-Web was staying together in a mansion-sized cabin. All of us. Exact people I can remember are Adam, EL, neo, Alea, Kelly, elfprince, a bunch more, but they're all fading really fast. And what did we do? Why, we went ice skating! But the pregnant members didn't, so Steph, who was a bit more pregnant than she is IRL, and Jeebsy, who was temporarily female and named Paulette, stayed behind and were taken care of by someone.

So, uh, make of that what you will.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:34 am

I keep waiting to have a pweb dream, but I never do.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:53 am

damn, Mich, caught me.

yes, I knocked up Jeebsy :(
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:44 am

Hey, man, what you two do offstage in my dreams is completely the business of you and (temporarily female or not) Jebus.

Row--row.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:31 am

I had my first P-web dream. It was a very strange and trippy dream. There were a lot of Pwebbers there, I don't really remember all of who was there. But we all flew some where (San Diego maybe?) to surprise Alea for her birthday. I thought she would be very excited to see me since we never met. And she was excited...to see everyone else, but some how expected me to be there. I don't really remember much after that.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:21 pm

Okay, folks, Ed wins. I expect to be surprised next year in San Diego, though I don't require it be for a birthday. I vote for the end of June for Pweb's 10 year anniversary. Ok, go and make it happen!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:50 am

Featured Pwebbers: Ed, zero

I was in CA, a part I've never been to in actuality, and Ed was living there. As soon as he found out I was visiting, he invited me to meet him and hang out. He planned the day around this park and a bike path that was somewhat reminiscent of something I saw on the Simpsons forever ago (a canyon that Bart wants to jump on a skateboard or something). I wasn't crazy enough to do it but Ed was, so I watched him and was mightily impressed. All in all, a fun day and I do remember we were having some fun with innocent flirting.

When I got back to where I was staying, an apartment-looking hotel room, I saw zero was online and I was really excited to tell him all about my day. I sent him an IM and he responded with:

"I know you seem to think it'll be like last year but it's just not. I'm going to go play [game]. [game], and [game], hang out with friends, then spend some time with my family. Sorry."

Then I realized it was Thanksgiving and got sad, after realizing I was entirely alone in every which way imaginable.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:39 pm

a bike path that was somewhat reminiscent of something I saw on the Simpsons forever ago (a canyon that Bart wants to jump on a skateboard or something)
7F06: Bart the Daredevil. Good episode.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:37 pm

There are two problems with that dream.

1) Me living in Cali. I don't think that would ever happen.

2) Me jumping a canyon. That will definitely never happen.

But other than that, I am totally down for a sweet day in the park!

Maybe for the San Diego reunion?

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Featured Pwebbers: Cameron, another male who I recognized in the dream but promptly forgot about when I woke up

I was living in Chicago and found myself in the elevator of the not as of yet completed Spire, when I looked to my side and there was Cameron and Other Male Pwebber. I was incredibly excited to have some Pwebbers in my hometown -I even said as much- and as soon as we started ascending, I gave them a mini-tour of the city. When we stopped, I made them promise to let me walk them around.

And then I woke up. That was a fun dream.

ETA: I've slowed down on my Pweb dreams if the last one I had, not counting the ones featuring Bratzilla, was back in October. Tsk.

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:30 pm

a bike path that was somewhat reminiscent of something I saw on the Simpsons forever ago (a canyon that Bart wants to jump on a skateboard or something)
7F06: Bart the Daredevil. Good episode.
Everyone's sick of that memory.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:35 pm

Featured Pwebber: Pweb, the board itself

(This is what I get for getting nostalgic and thinking about the ways to make this place almost as cool as 2.0)

Somehow or another, the forum was given updates and one of those updates involved changing the theme to something very 60s/tie-dye -very colorful and distracting. It was also this massive, sprawling forum where every member was given -by admin- their own thread in a special board (like The Foyer), in which they were expected to be an expert on some area and keep the rest of us informed. To top it all off, there was a Sims/Second Life type area that, thematically, was a circus.

What I liked, upon waking, is that in the dream we were having contests, posting EG related art, etc. It was a very active forum.

Now where do I go to get my brain wiped? I obviously think about you all way too much.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:47 pm

Featured Pwebbers: Brat, Jan, Jeff, Kelsey

I was walking with Brat, both of us dressed semi-formally, and he was trying to work up the courage to broach the topic of our having gone to dinner two weekends in a row at a nice restaurant. He posed it as a question-statement coming from his roommate: "My roommate wants me to make sure you understand what these meals mean?" I informed him I was perfectly capable of understanding they were not dates, we were just hanging out. Dream or awake me is not sure if that's the answer dream-Brat wanted to hear but he dropped me off at my apartment, I settled in for the night, and signed onto Pweb, which was this long email looking thing and not the board as it is now.

The first thing I noticed was a response from Kelsey over a post that was over a year old, that she had in fact already responded to the year before and with a different answer that fit her more. The more I dug around, the more I noticed it, so I contacted Jan to warn her that something weird was going on as far as I could tell. She had noticed, too, and told me maybe it's time we tested out this technology we both had (did you see Dark Knight? Know the cell phone sonar thing Lucius is in charge of? It was pretty much that) to make sure nothing bad was going on.

We decided Jeff was the person to test it on (sorry Jeff, but you had a very attractive voice), so we "watched" him and when he made a phone call, we were somehow able to verify he was himself. That meant we could turn the technology on Kelsey to see who was potentially hijacking her account.

And then my dogs woke me up because it was nearly 8am and they think I have to be awake by then, no matter what day of the week it is.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:59 pm

We decided Jeff was the person to test it on (sorry Jeff, but you had a very attractive voice)
Hells yeah I have an attractive voice, in-dream and out-. You better believe it.

Row--row.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Oh! I feel so cool I get to be in someone's dream. And now slightly in the mood for an action/spy movie!

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:20 am

I had a pweb dream a while ago, it was really vivid. I always had vivid dreams when I slept at her place. but like every one of my dreams other than a nightmare or two from when I was five, I completely forgot it within 10.5 seconds of waking up.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Alea,I dreamed it was your wedding day and you were sad because your dad had died and he couldn't walk you down the aisle. I hugged you while you cried on my shoulder.

It was weird and I really, really hope your dad doesn't die anytime soon. Yikes!
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Game Room Wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Game Room Wannabe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:55 pm

I dreamed about Jawa... OMG.... EEK!!!
Then I dreamed you were falling down the stairs...

if you wanna dream about me, I'm not Britney Spears. :wink:
I'm a noob.
Ender is NOT a jerk.
This siggy is wasting your time...

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:56 pm

Dude, we're talking about ACTUAL dreams here.

Game Room Wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Game Room Wannabe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Dude, we're talking about ACTUAL dreams here.
I know. I can post and daydream easily... bad habit. Oh what now... I don't even know what this is... Sonic in my dreams... (reality)
I'm a noob.
Ender is NOT a jerk.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:55 pm

Alea,I dreamed it was your wedding day and you were sad because your dad had died and he couldn't walk you down the aisle. I hugged you while you cried on my shoulder.

It was weird and I really, really hope your dad doesn't die anytime soon. Yikes!
I certainly hope not. He called earlier today to ask about the weed wacker (I fried the last one) and let on that he was feeling off and wasn't sure why. Then again, by the time I get married, it may be natural that he has died. :P

Unrelated to the details, yay! I've made it into someone else's head for once. :mrgreen:

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:02 pm

It was totally weird because you didn't look anything like you and you didn't say anything, I just knew it was you and why you were hugging me.

Game Room Wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Game Room Wannabe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:07 pm

I certainly hope not. He called earlier today to ask about the weed wacker (I fried the last one) and let on that he was feeling off and wasn't sure why. Then again, by the time I get married, it may be natural that he has died. :P

Unrelated to the details, yay! I've made it into someone else's head for once. :mrgreen:
A strange tangent for a strange dream I sense coming... are you looking at marrying someone...? For... "your dad's" sake?
I'm a noob.
Ender is NOT a jerk.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:15 pm

I dreamed a few nights ago that Adam was making me a digital slideshow.
Update on this one. The slideshow he was making was for the wedding, since I was having pre-wedding nightmares, and all I could think was "But we didn't want a slideshow! I hate ceremonial slideshows!"
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:36 am

Whoa. I had SUCH a vivid pweb dream.
I was called up by a high school principal and told they would pay for my flight to their school so I could account for the actions of a member of our boards. I flew down and met the principal, who told me that since I was a mod, I was responsible for any romantic relationships on pweb, and since one had cropped up between minors, I should have done something about it.

But... the kicker is that she (the principal), just gave us all "feeling journals" so we could figure out how we all felt about this situation. I was given one with my avatar on the cover.
I asked "What am I supposed to do with this?", but she refused to answer.

Then, I woke up. And in my early morning fog, I was all...wait...am I responsible?

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:09 am

That's it, pweb, Get outta my dreams!
Actually, last night's dream was kinda nice.
Featured pwebbers: Luet and Pheeny (who is not actually a pwebber, but might as well be!)
I was going to the states for some reason and I forgot to renew my passport, so I was attempting to cross the boarder with an expired one. The customs official had to put me through all kinds of tests before she would let me pass. Mostly weird stuff like identifying plants.
Anyway, during a part where I had to say what kind of animal was what, one of the animals was Naomi's bearded dragon, Pheeney! I scooped him up and told the boarder guard "This is Pheeney." Then Naomi came from across the field and we introduced ourselves to each other, hugged and hung out all day.
Kinda lame, I know, but I thought Naomi would get a kick out of Pheeney being in my dream!

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:37 am

That's awesome! Pheeny just keeps getting more and more famous. :)

I actually had a dream with you and Paul in it a couple nights ago but the details escaped me soon after waking. It wasn't a bad dream though, so that's good!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:32 pm

I dreamed about work and clothes last night. I think Alea was there. We had fun. The rest of the details are gone.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”