Complete Randomness

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:54 pm

I can't tell if it's a good thing we're in September now or not.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:16 pm

It's a bad thing. It's a VERY bad thing. Where did my vacation go? :(
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 am

No pity from me, Mr. I-Get-Vacations :P
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Colorado Girls Parody Video.

Does your state have one?
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:38 pm

We just got Beatles Rock Band and it has won me over to the whole rock bandwagon. I just spent an hour singing Beatles songs and it cheered me up immensely (95-100% on medium for my first try!).
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:35 am

Does your state have one?
It does but it was obnoxious enough to make my ears bleed.

Also, my mom thinks my morals were compromised while in CO. I got something from Planned Parenthood (I donated to them while in Chicago last year), so now her and her boyfriend think I went to CO to have lots of wild sex or something.
We just got Beatles Rock Band and it has won me over to the whole rock bandwagon. I just spent an hour singing Beatles songs and it cheered me up immensely (95-100% on medium for my first try!).
Rock Band won me over by putting FOB's Dead On Arrival on whatever version it's on. It's the only song I've done on the game ever.

In news that's not exciting enough to put in the other thread, we have a Wii in the house now -welcome to 2006, Alea- and there's a dance game we have that I love to play. I haven't tried anything else out yet because game systems make me nervous. Baby steps.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:47 am

In news that's not exciting enough to put in the other thread, we have a Wii in the house now -welcome to 2006, Alea
When I read that, I was like "Wait, what? 2006? That's got to be a typo.", so I went to Wikipedia and, damn, it wasn't a typo. It feels like just last year that the Wii came out. But, it wasn't now that I think about it, because I remember my mother helping me hunt down a Nintendo Wii when it first came out and it was hard to get.

Good God, I hate getting older - and I'm not even that old yet! Not only do events that happened close to four years ago feel like yesterday, but there are now kids on the internet that were born after 9/11, which I remember so distinctly and it feels like it wasn't that long ago as well. Creepy.

Not only that, but birthdays don't even feel all that exciting anymore. What? 22 in three days? Oh, huh, neat.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:14 am

I couldn't forget that was 2006 if I tried and believe you me, I've certainly tried.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:55 am

Also, my mom thinks my morals were compromised while in CO. I got something from Planned Parenthood (I donated to them while in Chicago last year), so now her and her boyfriend think I went to CO to have lots of wild sex or something.
I'm sure that happened, as you spent the whole weekend with a Mormon family, and we're all about wild sex!!!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:50 pm

I have a sudden urge to go see a marching band and, separately, make a blanket fort.

Why can't I have cool/any friends to have silly adventures with? Hmph.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:39 pm

I'm working in disability support right now again, and mostly I work with one girl who has a lot of psychiatric issues as well. She has a reputation for being aggressive, even violent at times, but I suspect 90% of that was incompetent staffing - we had a huge changeover recently and she's doing so, so great.

We get along well together, and she's now at the point where I hear "I love you, Alison" or "I like you, Alison" a few times each shift. She's very sweet and affectionate, despite her aggression issues. Today I was making us dinner, and while attempting to mash the potatoes, I snapped the handle of the masher clear off. Hot mushy potaotes everywhere! A few very hot bits even splattered onto me, so I went to run my arm under cold water.

Well, after laughing uproariously at the spectacle of the broken masher and the potatoes everywhere, she got very concerned about my arm and asked if she could pray for me. She wrapped an arm around me and prayed: "Jesus, I, I hope you make Alison's arm okay, so she's not burnt, 'cause I like her, amen." Such a sincere, heartfelt prayer.

It was so sweet that I almost cried, and so funny I had to work hard not to crack up laughing.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:10 am

http://gizmodo.com/5634257/ikea-let-loo ... at-happens

The link should say it all.

I will have two of these come tomorrow!
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:13 am

Wow. That is really random.

Though, no matter how much they cleaned, there would still be cat hair in that store. If I were allergic to cats and bought a couch or something from there, I would be pissed.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:26 am

And yet I still approve...
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:10 pm

That's awesome! I would love to see how my three would respond to being let loose in a place that big.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Wow. That is really random.

Though, no matter how much they cleaned, there would still be cat hair in that store. If I were allergic to cats and bought a couch or something from there, I would be pissed.
Cat hair? My first thought was how hard it is to get rid of the scent of cat pee!
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:13 pm

http://bls.gov/web/metro/laummtrk.htm

I'm not saying on the board where I live but let's just say it's an understatement to say my place is pretty low on that list.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:30 pm

http://bls.gov/web/metro/laummtrk.htm

I'm not saying on the board where I live but let's just say it's an understatement to say my place is pretty low on that list.
Holy carp on a stick. I'm so glad you, at least, have a job.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:40 pm

:)

Me, too. There's been some other stuff happening in the district lately that, when combined with that nice and sobering figure, make me feel like a big baby for all my frustrations and whining.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Wow. Albany is doing relatively good at number 58.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:14 pm

My mother was telling me about a couple of our distant relatives who are going to Norway, and then I asked for clarification, and it turned out to be cousins of some sort, a mother and a daught. And I all of a sudden had an inspiration and told my mother, "Let's go on a mother-daughter European tour someday!"

And even though I'm aware that someday is going to quite likely be a couple of decades from now, I'm quite excited about the prospect.
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:55 am

I shot a trebuchet this weekend.

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:43 am

:D:D:D

That's brilliant! Did you build it?
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby steph » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:23 am

No, it was at the Long's Peak Highland's Festival this weekend. My dad has built one before, but this one is MUCH bigger. I was the lucky crowd member who was selected to pull the rope.

By the way, I thought of all of you, my Canadian friends, this weekend. These guys performed at the Tattoo:

"C.O.P.S."
Combined Ontario Police Services Pipe & Drum Band - Specially formed for this year’s Longs Peak Scottish/Irish Festival.

The Combined Ontario Police Services (COPS) pipe band is now under training in Ontario, Canada. The large, 60 member band is comprised of the top, award winning pipers and drummers from six of Canada’s finest police pipe bands. To qualify for membership in this special group, each contender must excel in musical proficiency, drill, dress and deportment.

They were AWESOME!

Also, the Canadian flag was flying with the American and the Scottish & Irish flags and the announcer is from Canada (although has lived in Estes Park for many years).

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:54 pm

I forgot my dance pants when I left this morning, so my mom had to bring me a pair. Only thing is, I lock my door (old habit from when brother who pawned everything for drug money lived here) and the pants she found outside of my room are okay for lounging in but add movement to the mix and they're falling off my hips like a person falling to the ground after losing a battle with gravity. Since she brought them to me after work, I kind of had to change in the car so I wouldn't miss any more of the class than was necessary. Thank god it was dark out. [/story of the day]

Oh, I'm also married* to my female coworker now. A patron is pestering her and she says the guy who asked me out in January was spotted in the library yesterday. At first we decided our story was we were both married and it rather quickly turned into a marriage between the two of us. I believe congratulations are in order. [/bonus story of the day]

*This is not meant to demean the actual act of getting or state of being married. It is a joke.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:27 pm

Random:

I don't get 'baby on board' signs. It's not like I plan to rear-end cars. I can't really try extra hard not to just because I know there might be a baby inside.

I'm almost certainly missing the point here. :?
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Random:

I don't get 'baby on board' signs. It's not like I plan to rear-end cars. I can't really try extra hard not to just because I know there might be a baby inside.

I'm almost certainly missing the point here. :?
It's so if there is an accident, the rescue workers know there's a baby in there. Kinda like those signs on people's doors that tell the fireman to rescue their pets.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:44 pm

Ahhhhhh....

I thought that might be it, but my brother said he didn't think so. But then, what does he know?
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:18 am

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am

Win!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Color Me Badd's "I Want to Sex You Up" started playing on my MP3 player this afternoon as I was working on a thing-a-ma-jigger and after I stopped giggling -an ingrained reaction dating back to the times it was still on the radio- I started questioning how my parents felt okay with me listening to it. I had to be 8 or 9 at the oldest when it came out.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:23 pm

It's Friday, bitches!

ETA: I understand that it's Wednesday, but workwise, Wednesdays are my Fridays.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:32 pm

Question for anyone who wants to answer, preceded by backstory:

Apparently someone on the board was Facebook stalking me (;)) and commented on a photo of mine in which my family is gathered for Christmas and we're all wearing shoes inside. They thought this was strange, I replied back with what may be a racist thing to say but I thought only people of Asian descent found it strange/wrong to wear shoes inside. I guess I could also add that in my experience, people who are anal about keeping their house clean also don't wear shoes around inside but I don't want to offend anymore than I may be already.

Is is strange that my family wears shoes inside? Mind you, this wasn't my house, or my brother's, or my niece's house (the people in the picture wearing the shoes); it was my dad's house and we move between the yards and the inside. The only time I wear shoes inside my own house is if I've just come in from being outside and haven't gotten around to taking them off yet.

Rei
Commander
Commander

Postby Rei » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:23 am

I will almost never wear shoes inside, unless it is clearly the norm in someone's house. And even then it feels weird.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Return to “Milagre Town Square”