Complete Randomness

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:34 pm

13, which is surprising. Maybe I didn't answer right...
I took it again... trying to answer as accurately as I possibly could about myself, and got 12 this time. What the hell.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:12 pm

I must have missed this when it was posted, I just took it and got 27.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: GD in Disguise

Postby Petrie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:44 pm

one of my best friends and I would just lie around cuddling because he was convinced he could break my hatred of hugs/etc
Sorry about coming back to this a few days later but it randomly occurred to me while I was in my 3rd hour of shelving books this morning that you are a genius, Meagan.

Do you think if I feigned hatred for cuddling and hugs, I'd get to do more of both? "I still don't like it. I guess we'll have to try again tomorrow!"

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:08 pm

one of my best friends and I would just lie around cuddling because he was convinced he could break my hatred of hugs/etc
Sorry about coming back to this a few days later but it randomly occurred to me while I was in my 3rd hour of shelving books this morning that you are a genius, Meagan.

Do you think if I feigned hatred for cuddling and hugs, I'd get to do more of both? "I still don't like it. I guess we'll have to try again tomorrow!"
I was actually thinking that the guy is the genius for claiming to be holding and cuddling a warm female body just to help her get over her hatred of it. :roll:

I'm not even kidding. I mean, really?! Will girls actually fall for that? (No offense).
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 pm

I was actually thinking that the guy is the genius for claiming to be holding and cuddling a warm female body just to help her get over her hatred of it. :roll:

I'm not even kidding. I mean, really?! Will girls actually fall for that? (No offense).
I doubt it.

Sometimes we made out to break the monotony...
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:05 pm

That sounds about right.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Well, then. Settled. I hate cuddling.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Postby zeroguy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:50 pm

I literally made a student's jaw drop today when I demonstrated knowledge of anime/manga. They also get a kick out of hearing what xbox 360 games I'm playing (and trying to get me to tell them my gamer tag :roll:).

Bottom line: I love reminding them that teachers can be "cool". :D
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:21 pm

I love reminding them that teachers can be "cool". :D
I hate to ruin your high but your students are nerds, just like you. And yes, yes, nerds are cool but one nerd impressing other nerds/nerdlings does not make you cool, it makes you in like company.

The real trick is convincing non-nerds that being a nerd is cool. That is an impressive feat, so get back to me when you've done that.

;)

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:04 pm

Once you start actually learning calculus, you come to think much less of the Model of a Modern Major General.

Also: first post since...June? July? I can't recall.
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Once you start actually learning calculus, you come to think much less of the Model of a Modern Major General.

Also: first post since...June? July? I can't recall.
October?
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Or ignoring those, September? August?

I fear you're here more than you think :P
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:22 pm

Bwahahaha, we're like a drug.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:31 am

That's true; and also the last month has moved by so slowly (due to just starting college and adapting to the workload and such) that every day felt like a week.
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:26 pm

So there were only two people at book club meeting this month. LAME. But we had a nice chat.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:33 am

so much catching up to do, drinking songs, aspergers, halloween, encyclopedia brown (read those books DOZENS of times as a child), and cuddling...

firstly, I love the song Wagon Wheel, particularly the Old Crow Medicine Show version (I actually have that CD, come to think of it) but it's worth pointing out that Wagon Wheel is a Bob Dylan song which is why it's so damn good. And I've never used the song as a drinking song but it would be a fantastic one if so used and anyways I would go to a bar that had drinking and singing and drinking and singing to that song. I'd probably even enjoy going to the bar were that the case. But in any event, it is Finnegan's Wake that is the best drinking song.

I wish I'd remembered to wish my old chem teacher happy mole day, i want the mole song that Brian sings so I can give it to him.

and I scored a 19.

For Halloween i dressed up as puss and boots (I couldn't find orange things so I did yellow (REALLY YELLOW) and didn't get a tail made and forgot my cape and didn't have a rapier (a pirate sword, really?) but it worked nevertheless) and gave my nieces little rubber rats and boxes of raisens that I told them were the finest gourmet rat droppings from france, a great delicacy. my niece was completely convinced that I'd given her poo and was not going to eat the raisins. ;)

and megxers just gets odder, I love cuddling, last night was five months for us, I made bacon wrapped steak on a bed of arugula topped with blue cheese and served with sweet potato fries and an almond/apple/manchego salad (with greens and a lemon vinaigrette) and then we downed a bottle of 2005 silver oak and watched White Christmas together which I surprised her with since its her favorite christmas movie and seemed like a good way to kick off the holiday season, and we cuddled the whole movie. Was wonderful. :)
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

steph
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Rocky Mountain Mama
First Joined: 0- 8-2000

Postby steph » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:17 am

I wish I'd remembered to wish my old chem teacher happy mole day, i want the mole song that Brian sings so I can give it to him.
I'll ask him. :)
... and watched White Christmas together which I surprised her with since its her favorite christmas movie and seemed like a good way to kick off the holiday season, and we cuddled the whole movie. Was wonderful. :)
I <3 White Christmas. It's my favorite Christmas movie also, probably because Danny Kaye is in my top two favorite actors of all time. (Gene Kelly being the other.)

We were actually just talking about White Christmas last night. This summer while caving, my cousin and brother almost toppled off the side of a cliff after a rock that Brian was on tumbled and knocked my cousin in the shoulder, and knocked my cousin into my brother. My cousin's belt had been tied to a rope that was tied off on a tree up above. My brother grabbed for my cousin as they were falling and they both held on to each other while they were dangling over the side until they gained enough composer to climb up. Anyways, we were joking last night that anytime my cousin wants something, he should just rub his shoulder and give Brian puppy dog eyes and see if it works like it did on White Christmas.
"When I look back on my ordinary, ordinary life,
I see so much magic, though I missed it at the time." - Jamie Cullum

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:13 pm

it's worth pointing out that Wagon Wheel is a Bob Dylan song.
I thought everybody already knew that. :oops:
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:58 pm

and megxers just gets odder, I love cuddling, last night was five months for us,
What's this, another pweb romance? :lol:
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:01 pm

and megxers just gets odder, I love cuddling, last night was five months for us,
What's this, another pweb romance? :lol:
Oh, Adam, ol' 5 E's is going to be pissed when she finds this out.

Adam and Meagan, cuddling in a tree (not very smart, mind you),
Watching m-o-v-i-e's!
First comes wine,
Then comes (not) marriage,
Then comes a baby in a baby carriage!

[/juvenile response]

hehehe

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:06 pm

no, not a pweb romance, awkward phrasing on my part. I can't believe Megxers dislikes cuddling, and so went off on a long tangent about the cuddling renee and I did last night, she and I met via OKC five months ago.
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:04 pm

That's too bad...I was itching for a Pweb romance, to the disturbing point of trying to get a zero/Mich bromance going but that never took off the way I hoped it would.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:40 pm

That's too bad...I was itching for a Pweb romance, to the disturbing point of trying to get a zero/Mich bromance going but that never took off the way I hoped it would.
You can't force a bromance, Petrie. zero already knew that we were bros.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:43 pm

trying to get a zero/Mich bromance going
Can you even have a bromance with yourself?
Step softly; a dream lies buried here.

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:56 pm

I wasn't trying to force it, I was trying to encourage and nurture it!

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:16 pm

but that never took off the way I hoped it would.
Psh, as if I'd broadcast to the board any bromances I may or may not be involved in.

dgf hhw

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:06 am

Bromance is just generally a terrible word and should be excised from the English language.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Petrie
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Petrie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:06 am

If it's good enough for Paul Rudd and Jason Segel, it's good enough for me.

I do hate murse (man-purse) and similar words but bromance gets the okay because it has produced a movie (see above about Paul Rudd and Jason Segel) that I thoroughly enjoyed.

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Bromance is just generally a terrible word and should be excised from the English language.
Don't be redonkulous. You just need to chillax.

Don't be like these guys.
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Double Post! (I've been here long enough. I'm entitled).

I'm just wondering, does anyone else ever have the 'awkward door holding distance' problem? You know, when there's someone behind you and you reach a door, and you're not sure if they're quite close enough to justify holding the door for them?

It's not that you don't want to hold the door, but if they're too far away it actually becomes a burden for them because they feel inclined to greatly increase their walking speed so that they don't inconvenience you by making you hold the door for an unnaturally long time. But of course it's totally rude to not hold the door if you are within obligatory door holding distance.

And it works both ways. If I'm the follower I will intentionally slow my walk to make sure that I'm safely out of the obligatory door holding distance or speed up my walk to make sure that I'm well within it. Whatever it takes so as not to fall in the awkward zone.

Note: Obligatory door holding distance is greatly extended if the follower has their hands full or otherwise looks like they may have difficulty getting the door on their own, or if going into a building and the weather outside is unpleasant.
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:36 pm

I too have this problem. I am more often the follower than the holder, however (probably something to do with chivalry and my femalehood). I consistently find myself in the awkward zone and have to quicken my pace. I secretly think this is because others enjoy watching people awkwardly rush into buildings sooner than they would like.

I vaguely recall an xkcd comic about this, but I cannot seem to find it. Am I crazy?
I used to hate gravity because it would not let me fly. Now I realize it is gravity that lets me stand.

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Oh man, I so hear you on this one. The worst is when I'm pushing a stroller through a door. There is a window of time when it's not awkward. Too early is actually okay in that case, but too late is often just a pain. People stand in the way to open the door from the inside. I know they're just trying to be helpful, but it can be frustrating.

And when my kid is begging to press the accessibility button that opens the door, you holding it open is actually causing problems. *sigh* But I totally get why people do!
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:51 pm

Totally hear you. I hate that awkward zone. And it gets even worse if by the time the person gets to the door, there's a person or more people then close enough that you have to hold it for them, too!

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:28 pm

C'mon, broseph, I think it's a brahsome word. You just need to brolax, bradooski; it's not the brolocaust.

(btw, a great title/rank for Rei would be "bro" :)

dgf hhw

Return to “Milagre Town Square”