Complete Randomness

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Sonikku13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Game Room Addict

Postby Sonikku13 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Wow. 26-4 Minnesota over (6) Purdue.

PS - Seven layer Whopper.
TG M203 Bunker, PFC, 1st Corps, CoD Division, PC Brigade, 1st BTN, Chungking (ST) Squad, SM

I've had 102 nukes on MW2.

I have Asperger Syndrome (I was diagnosed at birth). It's categorized as a "disability".

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Leekmaster Kirbyfu

Postby jotabe » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:57 am

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will not be ignored

Postby CezeN » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:47 pm

^^^I agree.

I'm gonna try that style for my next artwork ^-^
Gunny and his thoughts on First Earth:

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby jotabe » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:23 pm

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:32 am

Accepted into Emory University! Didn't know it would feel this good.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:10 am

!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

That's awesome!

:mrgreen:
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:29 am

Woah, that's awesome! It looks farncy.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:33 am

Congratulations. :)

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks you guys!

jotabe
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby jotabe » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:51 am

congrats! :)

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Congratz! What will you be studying?
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks.

I'll be double majoring in English and either Psychology or Philosophy.
Psychology is interesting so far, however I haven't actually had a philosophy class, so I don't know whether I'll like it more than Psychology.

Unless you can like triplemajor...

Graff^
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Carrot hamburgler

Postby Graff^ » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:52 pm

Would you mind telling a little more about Pschology, I'm intrested in that field of research.
Where does friendship end and love begin?

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Starlooker's the one to ask, she has a PhD in Psychology.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

CezeN
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby CezeN » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:46 pm

Yeah, what she said.

But, the most interesting thing I've learned so far, is that we are pretty much born fish. lol

We're going over Piaget's Developmental Theory/stages and according to my teacher, we are born with the ability to swim. I'm guessing it has something to do with us floating around in the womb.
But also, she said that on top of that, for the first five days while we have that ability to swim, we can also "breath under water". Well, I don't know if we can breath under water, but we can stay under water without breathing air.

She said this is true for the first five days after we're born.

So, basically, we're born fish - or I guess you could call us mermen/mermaids. (lol)

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Remembering all the "If [whatever] happens, I'm moving to Canada/Europe" I've heard through the years, I am greatly disappointed no one within earshot has said, "If healthcare reform passes, I'm moving to Canada/Europe." I wanted to laugh.

starlooker
Commander
Commander
Title: Dr. Mom
First Joined: 28 Oct 2002

Postby starlooker » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Would you mind telling a little more about Pschology, I'm intrested in that field of research.
Just saw this. What do you want to know?
There's another home somewhere,
There's another glimpse of sky...
There's another way to lean
into the wind, unafraid.
There's another life out there...

~~Mary Chapin Carpenter

megxers
Soldier
Soldier
Title: is a girl!

Postby megxers » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:53 pm

I left work early because I'm sick and had homework to finish but now I'm done and bored. And the room is kind of spinning because the cold medicine I took makes me a bit woozy. HIIIII PWEB. :shock: :idea: For some reason now i think its a good idea to plot out my next 5 years/dream CV....
So don't go worrying about me
It's not like I think about you constantly
So maybe I do, but that shouldn't affect
Your life anymore

Graff^
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Carrot hamburgler

Postby Graff^ » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:17 pm

The general tells of someone if they were lying for starters I guess.
Where does friendship end and love begin?

BonitoDeMadrid
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Bonzo was Framed

Postby BonitoDeMadrid » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:38 pm

Remembering all the "If [whatever] happens, I'm moving to Canada/Europe" I've heard through the years, I am greatly disappointed no one within earshot has said, "If healthcare reform passes, I'm moving to Canada/Europe." I wanted to laugh.
OBLIGATORY XKCD COMIC RELATING TO THE SUBJECT ATTACK!!

(tagline: "IT'S ALL REAL")
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do!

Caspian
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Ducky Consort

GAMES!

Postby Caspian » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:46 pm

*ahem*
*pulls out soapbox*
*taps microphone*

Many of you do not venture into the games room often, or at all. It has become a place where a handful of newbies post single-word posts back and forth to each other.

My fellow pwebers. The fault is not in our newbies, but in ourselves.

Forum games do not have to be mindless. They do not have to all be variations on word association. Although word association games can help stave off boredom, a "game" requires a challenge. It often implies a winner. We can have that kind of game in a forum.

I've started two new games in the games room, both of which have existed in past incarnations of pweb, but neither of which exist now. If they're going to work, people need to play them. So I'm inviting you to mosey over to the games room and play a game with me. Or make up your own game.

If you are one of the aforementioned newbies and you like your single-word threads, go ahead and keep posting in them. But if you want a more challenging game, the time has come to act.

Thank you.
It's not "noob" to rhyme with "boob". It's "newbie" to rhyme with "boobie".

Game Room Wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Game Room Wannabe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:01 pm

So, where are the posts from forum games, which are better than the posts in most other areas, supposed to go?
I'm a noob.
Ender is NOT a jerk.
This siggy is wasting your time...

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Re: GAMES!

Postby Jayelle » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:10 pm

If you are one of the aforementioned newbies and you like your single-word threads, go ahead and keep posting in them. But if you want a more challenging game, the time has come to act.

Thank you.
Did you read that part?

Unless I don't understand your question, which I kinda don't.

Also - you do realize Caspian has just as much power as you do? He can't (and isn't) telling you not to post in your threads, he's encouraging people to post in his threads.

Game Room Wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Re: GAMES!

Postby Game Room Wannabe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:17 pm

Thank you.
Did you read that part?

Unless I don't understand your question, which I kinda don't.

Also - you do realize Caspian has just as much power as you do? He can't (and isn't) telling you not to post in your threads, he's encouraging people to post in his threads.
Aye, I did. Did you ever read one of Sonic's posts in Forum Games? At a minimum, 85% are decent for any other topic style-wise, not content-wise; the content is biased to the forum, but still legitimate.

Why would he advertise his thread on another thread? :?: :?: Huge turn-off to me, you agree? :roll:

Tell me, will us "newbies" post our legitimate comments when Forum Games is the most active forum?

I wonder... is Caspian forgetting something or acting ignorant?
I'm a noob.
Ender is NOT a jerk.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:26 pm

I don't really understand where you're going with this (and it would help if you posted as your actual username since this is clearly an alt), but the Games Area is for games. Milagre is for conversation and for talking about anything.
There is no designated newbie area and oldbie area. If you want to post in games, post there, if you want to have a real conversation and if you feel your conversations are "real" enough not to be deleted like the games threads are, then POST IN MILAGRE. I've said it like ten thousand times. Milagre is the place for conversation and discussion.

Game Room Wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Game Room Wannabe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:28 pm

I don't really understand where you're going with this (and it would help if you posted as your actual username since this is clearly an alt), but the Games Area is for games. Milagre is for conversation and for talking about anything.
There is no designated newbie area and oldbie area. If you want to post in games, post there, if you want to have a real conversation and if you feel your conversations are "real" enough not to be deleted like the games threads are, then POST IN MILAGRE. I've said it like ten thousand times. Milagre is the place for conversation and discussion.
Posting in Milagre, gotcha... yeah... about the "alt" thing, i'm not one...
Last edited by Game Room Wannabe on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a noob.
Ender is NOT a jerk.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:31 pm

The Game Room can be a source of sore feelings because it boosts post count while the posts generally take little thought. That's not to say every post everywhere else takes a large amount of thought, just that they seem to require a lot less of a thought process to come up with. The Game Room threads have become more conversations (while still playing the game, of course) between a small number of people, whereas posts in other places generally are more discussion style or statements meant to induce discussion or opinion or some other form of elaboration. I think the Game Room forum is the most active part of this forum because of this. In other threads, posting requires more time and commitment than the Game Room. Also, it is generally newer people to the forum posting there, and it's great that they get to know each other, but they somewhat isolate the newer people from the rest of the community. I think Caspian is trying to remedy this problem by bringing the rest of the community to the newer people who we don't know while at the same time providing interesting and challenging new games to try out. If he didn't advertise his threads in Milagre, then most of the active members probably would have never seen them because they don't ever click on the Game Room link.

Random side note: The Game Room posts on Pweb 2.0 didn't increase post count, and seemed more active in my opinion.

Game Room Wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Game Room Wannabe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:34 pm

The Game Room can be a source of sore feelings because it boosts post count while the posts generally take little thought. That's not to say every post everywhere else takes a large amount of thought, just that they seem to require a lot less of a thought process to come up with. The Game Room threads have become more conversations (while still playing the game, of course) between a small number of people, whereas posts in other places generally are more discussion style or statements meant to induce discussion or opinion or some other form of elaboration. I think the Game Room forum is the most active part of this forum because of this. In other threads, posting requires more time and commitment than the Game Room. Also, it is generally newer people to the forum posting there, and it's great that they get to know each other, but they somewhat isolate the newer people from the rest of the community. I think Caspian is trying to remedy this problem by bringing the rest of the community to the newer people who we don't know while at the same time providing interesting and challenging new games to try out. If he didn't advertise his threads in Milagre, then most of the active members probably would have never seen them because they don't ever click on the Game Room link.

Random side note: The Game Room posts on Pweb 2.0 didn't increase post count, and seemed more active in my opinion.
If so, why is HIS topic in The Game Room? Why not just post something productive in Milagre? I don't see a problem with his advertising, but yeah, the post targeting (or close to it) people who use the Game Room doesn't seem right at all... Especially when Pl14 and Sonic post in it, and they have well over 1k posts; more than Caspian does...

Plus, why don't newer people, like me (yeah... WHO SAID I WAS AN ALT? HOW DARE YOU... :evil:) post in other forums, unless, to them, Pweb is a game or something similar?

That kinda states itself... The post on the Games Deletion Policy was already clear enough, but if people want to stay there, then what's the problem?
I'm a noob.
Ender is NOT a jerk.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:42 pm

If so, why is HIS topic in The Game Room? Why not just post something productive in Milagre? I don't see a problem with his advertising, but yeah, the post targeting (or close to it) people who use the Game Room doesn't seem right at all... Especially when Pl14 and Sonic post in it, and they have well over 1k posts; more than Caspian does...

BECAUSE IT'S A GAME.

Also, the reason why post count doesn't matter is explained in your post. Caspian may have few posts (on this version of pweb - which has only existed since 2006), but he's known around here.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 pm

There's no problem with that! I'm just saying this is a community of people. A lot of people here have known each other for a long time, and a lot are making friends with each other all the time, too. Okay, maybe not all the time, but it happens.

I'm not bashing on the Game Room forum. I loved it on Pweb 2.0, but I felt guilty for posting on this version because it still boosted post count.

Sonic and PL14 have a lot of post because they post a lot, yes, but also a good amount of their posts are in the Game Room. They're usually not very large posts with lots of thought put into them. That's how the Game Room usually is. I haven't been here as long as some people, but Caspian has been a member far longer than I have. I'm just guessing here, but I think it's safe to bet that some people on this forum have become like family to him over the years he's been here. This place really is a community. The people I've met here have changed my life, and as a community they're generally really accepting and welcoming. So is it bad that he's creating a new game? His topic is in the Game Room because it's a game. It's completely fitting to that forum.

Either you're being sarcastic and I don't get it, or you're not realizing that you're posting in another forum with every post in Milagre. That seems like a silly statement to make. PL14 and Sonic post in other areas, too. Just not as much.

I'm not really sure what problem you had with his post in the first place, though.

Game Room Wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Game Room Wannabe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 pm

There's no problem with that! I'm just saying this is a community of people. A lot of people here have known each other for a long time, and a lot are making friends with each other all the time, too. Okay, maybe not all the time, but it happens.

I'm not bashing on the Game Room forum. I loved it on Pweb 2.0, but I felt guilty for posting on this version because it still boosted post count.

Sonic and PL14 have a lot of post because they post a lot, yes, but also a good amount of their posts are in the Game Room. They're usually not very large posts with lots of thought put into them. That's how the Game Room usually is. I haven't been here as long as some people, but Caspian has been a member far longer than I have. I'm just guessing here, but I think it's safe to bet that some people on this forum have become like family to him over the years he's been here. This place really is a community. The people I've met here have changed my life, and as a community they're generally really accepting and welcoming. So is it bad that he's creating a new game? His topic is in the Game Room because it's a game. It's completely fitting to that forum.

Either you're being sarcastic and I don't get it, or you're not realizing that you're posting in another forum with every post in Milagre. That seems like a silly statement to make. PL14 and Sonic post in other areas, too. Just not as much.

I'm not really sure what problem you had with his post in the first place, though.
Yeah, but he posted something against it. Since post count doesn't matter, what is the point at saying newbies? (yeah, remember, I'm new here... is this a hidden message or just a method of advertising? [PS: I already posted I'm bad at advertising]) Sometimes people want to get away from all the regular posting, or sometimes no one posts in a particular forum. (We only have like 300 active members, right? (About 2200 of the registered members have 0 posts... like some other sites do, majority register and don't post.)
So... is there any other random stuff to talk about?
I'm a noob.
Ender is NOT a jerk.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Newbie is generally someone who recently registered, not necessarily someone who has very few posts. Some people like to lurk and not post, even though they've been around for years. And generally the name sticks while you still seem like a newbie to other members. A good way of getting around that is by actively posting in leading discussions and giving real, logical, and respectable answers to the discussions. Like megxers is still pretty new! But, at least to me, she seems and acts like someone who's been here a while.

A higher post count generally lends itself to prestige, but someone like PL14 is still considered a newbie because 1. she's still new, 2. people don't know much about her because she hasn't posted a lot about her personal opinions on more heated discussions on this board. I'm not sure I'm saying that in a really representative way of what I mean, but when people see her post, they think "newbie" not "oh, she's the one who really supports ______" or something similar.

Game Room Wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Game Room Wannabe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Newbie is generally someone who recently registered, not necessarily someone who has very few posts. Some people like to lurk and not post, even though they've been around for years. And generally the name sticks while you still seem like a newbie to other members. A good way of getting around that is by actively posting in leading discussions and giving real, logical, and respectable answers to the discussions. Like megxers is still pretty new! But, at least to me, she seems and acts like someone who's been here a while.

A higher post count generally lends itself to prestige, but someone like PL14 is still considered a newbie because 1. she's still new, 2. people don't know much about her because she hasn't posted a lot about her personal opinions on more heated discussions on this board. I'm not sure I'm saying that in a really representative way of what I mean, but when people see her post, they think "newbie" not "oh, she's the one who really supports ______" or something similar.
Oh well, I don't see why she should have to post in something heated, could be shyness = mean, but that's another story.

I already gave a few opinions... not sure how heated I intended/anticipated this would be though. :shock:

Anyways, is there a "Newbie" on Pweb? (screen name)
I'm a noob.
Ender is NOT a jerk.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby human. » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Yeah, it doesn't have to be heated. But I'm using superlatives to make my point just that the people on this forum get to know you through your posts. And posting one sentence posts doesn't really give them a chance to really know who you are.

Trust me, I know about shyness.

Return to “Milagre Town Square”