Pweb scrapbook

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Pweb scrapbook

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:31 pm

As it turns out, I am one of those unhealthy people who holds on to things way longer than I should, Pweb being no exception. Here are some of the things/people (some who made it to 3.0 and just didn't post much, some who stopped posting on 2.0) that/who came up in my latest nostalgia attack on the phone last night.

WildSurferChick (am I close?)
Ekaterina/Hannah
Xenocharm/Rachel
E N D E R/Kevin
Strokeman
Quing_Jao(sp?)/Abbie
Leto II
Soara
Papa Moose
Falka/Kama
BeanIsGod/Denny
Reticent/Nathan
JotaBeGoliza1789/Jota
VampireHunterD/Hunter
CalvinMaker/Noah
Emygdias/Rob
ChibiOuanda(sp?)/Tabitha
Thoughtreader/Teresa
Alai/Craig
Jebus
Hegemon/HA

The floating folder mascot, the little red video game emoticon no one could figure out, Ali's cookies, Olhado_-JL-Caspian's We Hate Cliques Club thanks to the Sexy Club, Rob's beach thread that was completely ridiculous, signatures that were larger than posts, the unspoken post count race and how Nicole was still winning long after she stopped posting regularly, multiple clones.

Now, I know we have something like 3 or 4 threads at least devoted to nostagia based issues, but I promise this one is slightly different.

I would like to do my own, personal, not to be put online or shared Pweb scrapbook filled with stuff from Pweb's history. Screen captures of the forum and that whole main page we used to have, avatars, screen name changes, Origin stories from the mods, etc.

So the real purpose of this thread is for me to get permission from you guys to go ahead and use your images/names/etc. I know I could have done a lot of it without your knowledge, but that doesn't seem right. To make it easier, if you're cool with me doing this, then there's no need to post. If you're not okay with me including you, post here or PM. I ask that way because I'm hoping that most of you won't mind since I plan to keep it for my eyes only.

Last thing, if anyone wants to help by sending any of the following (or whatever else you feel like adding), that'd be really nice, too:
avatar(s) used during your time on Pweb
pictures from meeting a Pwebber

People specific requests:
locke, if it's okay with you for me to include it, can I get a copy of the EnderCon odyssey? Also, I think you wrote about starting Pweb from your perspective...can I use that too, giving you credit for it of course?

Chris, can I use your Pweb Fight poster that's on Facebook, and your little avatar of your mind-room?

Any files any of you would like to contribute can be sent to PwebArchivist AT Gmail

That's a DOT com for those who don't know.

Thanks.

I also blame this on boredom.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:35 pm

I have pics from meeting some people, and if they say it's okay, I don't mind sharing. I don't mind sharing other stuff too, but if it's archive stuff I'd prefer my real name be left out. I'm thinking of future students and I don't want to make it easier than necessary for them.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:41 pm

First name okay? I won't be including any last names whatsoever.

And, like I said, it'll be for my eyes only. I will strictly be taking stuff off the internet, not putting it on.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:42 pm

I really wish I still had my Strawberry Shortcake avatar...
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:57 pm

Ohhhh... off the net! Well then, go right ahead! I have no problem with that at all. I'll even tell you who my alts are/were.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:04 pm

I have pictures from endercon that I can email to you...do you just want ones that have pwebbers in them? My screenname never changed, my join date is in my sig and I can also email you pics of all the avatars I can remember. Have fun!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:19 pm

go ahead. and check your email. :)
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander
Title: 01111010 01100111
First Joined: 0- 8-2001

Re: Pweb scrapbook

Postby zeroguy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:10 pm

Waaah, there's no Volfield/Limegiver on that list.
the little red video game emoticon no one could figure out
I really thought it was a Final Fantasy sprite falling down/falling over.
If anyone remembers the period of time when I was called "sandwich boy", there was an avatar I had that led to that. I'll try to see if I can find it.

Also, does anyone have the links to cafepress that had pweb-themed stuff? I specifically remember some Canadian Alliance things, including one that involved making limeade CA-style, or something.
Proud member of the Canadian Alliance.

dgf hhw

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:49 pm

You can use anything you like from me (if, of course you want to). I can't find my penguin avatar, but i'm sure Josh might have it (hit him up for random stuff, he's a pweb pack rat).

Ummm, I can't really think of anything to send, but if you think of something you want, don't hesitate to ask.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:15 pm

the little red video game emoticon no one could figure out
I really thought it was a Final Fantasy sprite falling down/falling over.
I was so totally confused as to what Alea meant until zero's clarification, because I've always known. It's Fighter. Duh.

And, well, I've never been a major force on this board despite my long and uninteresting history with it, but, hey, you know, permission, etc.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

endercoaster
Soldier
Soldier

Postby endercoaster » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:52 pm

I could do one last political rant if you'd like. :D
Denny

"Children are a perpetual, self-renewing underclass, helpless to escape from the decisions of the adults until they become adults themselves."

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:41 am

Ali: With permission, of course, I'd love any photos/etc you'd be willing to share.

Nomi: Really, I'll take anything you want to send and if it doesn't quite fit, at least I got to see some awesome stuff, right?

Adam: replied, your move

zero: Volfield was before my time and Limegiver wasn't a big poster for long when I arrived. And yes, sandwich-y avatars would be cool. And while I don't have links of any sort, not even to the page I was looking at, I saw a CA shirt thread on 2.0 or something of the sort. Not very helpful, eh?

Fred: Yes, I'll ask Josh (who is still alive, by the way) if I can't find a copy of it. I think I'll be set with you; I have pictures, though Josh probably has more...I know your joindate, I think...working on the avatars...unless you want to share any pics of you with h_k, I'm pretty sure I'm set.

Mich: And for some reason (maybe because I went into newbie mode for the first time in a long time), I was totally confused/shocked that you knew my name. Thanks for the permission. I'm pretty sure I snagged a picture of you.

Denny!: It's been, like, two years since I remember seeing/hearing anything from you...falling asleep in a basement is truly the last thing that pops up. No political rants, unless you really want to, but stick around a bit.

Erm...everyone/anyone else: Just to reiterate, this is staying off the web and for my eyes only. And no need to ask if I'll take something. Send anything you feel is Pweb-related, though a brief blurb would be nice if it's more obscurely Pweb-related, and I'll be happy to take a look. The email address I posted is for nothing but Pweb stuff and it's GMail, so I have space to store.

Thanks for all the help and willingness to help so far (read: for not telling me no :P). :)

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:55 pm

Also, does anyone have the links to cafepress that had pweb-themed stuff? I specifically remember some Canadian Alliance things, including one that involved making limeade CA-style, or something.
I HAVE one of the shirts if you'd like a pic of it.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

ratesjul
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ratesjul » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:43 am

I have pics from meeting some people, and if they say it's okay, I don't mind sharing. I don't mind sharing other stuff too, but if it's archive stuff I'd prefer my real name be left out. I'm thinking of future students and I don't want to make it easier than necessary for them.
I have a pic or three from meeting you that I'll contribute if you're happy.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:19 pm

Feel free to make an entire scrapbook devoted to me if you want. I should warn you though, this has been done several times before, so there is some competition for "Best Jebus Scrapbook Award" this year.

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby hive_king » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:31 am

Fred: Yes, I'll ask Josh (who is still alive, by the way) if I can't find a copy of it. I think I'll be set with you; I have pictures, though Josh probably has more...I know your joindate, I think...working on the avatars...unless you want to share any pics of you with h_k, I'm pretty sure I'm set.
You know, I still have that photo strip we took at the mall if you want I can send alea a copy of that. Other than that, anything you'd need from me, alea?
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:06 pm

Feel free to make an entire scrapbook devoted to me if you want. I should warn you though, this has been done several times before, so there is some competition for "Best Jebus Scrapbook Award" this year.
Sorry, but do I know you? It feels like I should, but I can't quite place how I would know you.
Other than that, anything you'd need from me, alea?
*thinks* I might need your official join date. With your permission, I can use one of the pictures you've posted to Pweb, so that's covered. I'm looking for avatars and think I have one or two of yours, but if you have files of anything you think I might want, feel free to send those. (Email address at bottom of first post, no spaces)

So, JL was an Ellie? Strange.
Found a post in which Alai explains ZooSex (I already knew but don't recall ever seeing that post) and found one that actually made Calvinball make sense to me, so w0ot! to that.
Oh, Fred, I found your penguino avatar.

Good stuff.

hive_king
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby hive_king » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:41 pm

*thinks* I might need your official join date. With your permission, I can use one of the pictures you've posted to Pweb, so that's covered. I'm looking for avatars and think I have one or two of yours, but if you have files of anything you think I might want, feel free to send those. (Email address at bottom of first post, no spaces)
Does anyone still have a copy of my original little prince avatar?
The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet him, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:54 pm

I'd forgotten about some of those people. Like Hannah, who should stop being not here. I seem to recall good times were had, dancing in Club Philote. They're very nondescript and indistinct memories, all the long years separating us from those good old days...

Anyway.

Yes, go ahead and use whatever you'd like.

And Leto should come back, as well.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jebus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:30 pm

Sorry, but do I know you? It feels like I should, but I can't quite place how I would know you.
Just look up on your wall, see that portrait which underneath reads "My Favourite Person Ever, Ever"? Yea, that's of me.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Just look up on your wall, see that portrait which underneath reads "My Favourite Person Ever, Ever"? Yea, that's of me.
I'd know if you were my little brother. Sorry. Still can't place you.

And thanks, Chris. I found the thread for your head club; it was pretty funny.

Up to ~220 avatars, but I'm missing at least three of Janelle's (girl in a bath tub with a laptop, darkwing, artsy looking woman), I need Kirsten's plant painting, Michael's bc this space for rent, erm...I'm probably missing a hell of a lot I just don't know I'm missing.

Yep.[/rambling]

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:54 pm

So, JL was an Ellie? Strange.

Oh yeah!!! I totally forgot about that. Before my real name was common knowledge, I was Ellie.

If you find the old "Engrish" thread by Limegiver - there's a guy in there who showed up and acted all offended. His name is Low Key, and that's my ex.

When Caspian showed up, he made a much better impression.
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:56 pm

I found that thread, read it and moved on. Obviously not knowing any of that. Darn.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jebus » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:18 am

I'd know if you were my little brother. Sorry. Still can't place you.
Stop pretending you don't love me.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:21 pm

Here they are all are. I'm actually kind of surprised that they're still there after all these years; kudos to cafepress on that.

Does anyone remember/have/feel like looking for the original Kill Evil Banned thread? I remember the story involving a crazy homeless guy, but not much else.

I also hate Alea. She ruined my Thursday by getting me to read old pweb posts. It's all her fault that I didn't do much anything else today. And reading my old posts makes me cringe, but that's nothing new.

dgf hhw

Wind Swept
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Just Another Chris
First Joined: 22 Jan 2003

Postby Wind Swept » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:38 pm

I found the thread for your head club; it was pretty funny.
*rereads*

Ah, yes. There were good dancing times had. And Hannah seems to be the only person from that particular thread to have gone missing. Hannah, and dead/pedophile/what-have-you Han Tzu.
"Roland was staring at Tiffany, so nonplussed he was nearly minused."

*Philoticweb.net = Phoebe (Discord)

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:35 am

I'm scared to ask (because I will then waste days reading) but how do you guys find old pweb threads? I'm assuming you mean from previous incarnations...

And I have the Got Limes version of the shirt.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:25 am

Stop pretending you don't love me.
Busted; you got me. I <3 you. Or something.
dead/pedophile/what-have-you Han Tzu
I have not run across that thread in which we discuss his "death" yet. I'll be infinitely depressed if that's one of the broken links.
I also hate Alea. She ruined my Thursday by getting me to read old pweb posts. It's all her fault that I didn't do much anything else today. And reading my old posts makes me cringe, but that's nothing new.
Consider it payback for TPS, XKCD, MacHall, etc? No? Fine. Hate me. If you keep reading, I am begging you to skip over mine until about...2007, though the worst of it all was 2003/2004.

Reading through, I counted no less than 4 people who actualy came out and told me they hated me (and I'm not sure I blame them with how annoying I was). I wonder how many hated me that didn't say anything...don't want to know.

Back to the point, thanks for those links to the CA stuff. *screen captures*

Nomi, I'm not using anything special, just Wayback. When I started last week, I put in Pweb's URL and then followed links for a while. I then hit a dead link, hit the "show all pages" link that popped up as an option and discovered there are something like 30252 Pweb pages. I just started browsing, learned what links to skip because they would be broken/worthless, and haven't looked back- mostly because I'm trying to go through quickly for this initial sweep through and my eyes are starting to cross. :P When I get internet (if my dad gets his way, that'll be in like 3 weeks), I'll be going through slower.

Err, I ramble a bit.

Avatars I've found so far. Doesn't look like a lot, but there are over 200 in there. I tried to clump them by join date and person, but that didn't work so well...some people, I figured out later, switched names or used multiple alts. If you guys see yours, notice I left some out and have them, send them ppplease.

And, I swear I'm wrapping up. I'm still trying to respect people not wanting me to use their pics/avatars/posts, so anyone can at anytime ask me to remove their likenesses and I'll do it, no questions asked. Don't want to cause any awkwardness or bad feelings, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

I'd be pretty much in <3 with anyone who can provide any of the following:
*Pictures of:
-Teresa
-Noah
-Dave and his cartoon-y avatar
-Danielle (WSC)
-CitiePixie (Kate)
-EnderCon
-Philly Boys
-Amka
-Kama/Falka
-Amanda (childofminds)
-Hunter (VHD)
-Janelle and Rei meeting
-Ali and Dan meeting

Think that's it.

*breathes* Done.

ETA:
Obviously, I lied. Just general observations that I'm sure I'll revise at some point.

2001 was a real fluff/nostalgia/recovery post sort of year, which I think is to be expected given that the board had just crashed.
2002 seemed to be hostile/chaotic, what with bannings, post wars, and whatever it is I'm forgetting that made it seem more serious.
2003 went back to fluff, but had some good debates (thanks, Leto and Steve)
2004 was back to a more hostile environment that I think ended once the elections were over.
2005 I just started, so I have no thoughts.

Now, completely serious about this being the last thing I say: I can't decide how I want to do this scrapbook thing. I've actually gathered quite a bit already (not that size matters, but my gmail for this project is at 362MG), but I'm not sure what to do with it. Print it out (which would leave out the EnderCon videos, not cool) somehow and do a physical scrapbook or keep it on the computer and just throw it on a disk when I'm done. Either way, I guess I have time to decide. My (hopeful) cutoff date is 2010, seeing as that's the 10 year anniversary for Pweb. If I gather the real historical type stuff now, it should be upkeep on little things until then.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Luet » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:22 pm

I finally just emailed you some stuff. Sorry it took me so long.

ender1
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: I know Photo-fu

Postby ender1 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:42 pm

You can always do it in flash

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jebus » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:10 pm

It's really cool seeing all those avatars put together, but it seems like you forgot the coolest avatar of them all.

zeroguy
Commander
Commander

Postby zeroguy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:04 am

If you keep reading, I am begging you to skip over mine until about...2007, though the worst of it all was 2003/2004.
Your repeated insistence of this is just making me want to more. I hadn't seen any of yours, though, and I don't intend to keep reading.

There are two cheese avatars? What was the other one for?

Edit: Also, maybe it was just me, but things seemed more... fluff-full, playful, whatever, when reading the old posts. Maybe it's just that the game room is separate now, or maybe pweb is growing up, or maybe it's just that chibi isn't here anymore, and so we have no more "..." threads. I miss them.

dgf hhw

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:10 am

2 version of my avatar, zero. The first one (green background) was made for me by a guy I dated junior year of HS. Eventually we broke up, badly (he basically stalked me)... but I liked the general idea of the avatar... so Josh made me the red background one.
-Kim

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:19 am

My Gods, I'd completely forgotten about the muffin...and that story that went with it. You innocence-ruiner you.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:07 am

By the magic of travel, I am at my mom's, soon to be my, house...again. (Dad has presented a timeline to me now, and is enjoying these constant trips back and forth. I find them exhausting.) Point of that is, I'm tired and decided to play with this stuff some more, which was a brilliant idea. Note the sarcasm, please.

I still have the computer from when I was in college, which was the time I was on Pweb the most. That computer is 8 years old and I'm sure close to death. I tried to move the files from that comp. to an external HD. Only that comp. won't recognize anything in the form of a USB connection, so I had to move it on disc or floppy. Only my discs are in Phoenix. And I was tired, and thus largely impatient. So I threw in a text only disc (not a RW) I actually had lying around and proceeded to burn data files onto it. Well, the data files I tried to put on it didn't quite turn out and the text files? Yeah, those were Pweb Chats that I had planned to take snippets from and they were written over or something (the word layer popped up at one point) because they're no longer there. I am annoyed or something worse, but not quite distraught. I had months and months of chats on that thing with all sorts of Pwebbers.

Nomi, thanks! I got the pictures. No need whatsoever to be sorry; I just threw EnderCon pics on the list on the offchance that anyone else had taken pictures and wanted to share. I <3 you.

Will, when I'm more awake, I'll ask you questions about that flash stuff...like why I should want to when I probably have no idea how to use it or what the benefits would be. Hmm, I think I implied questions there.

Jeebsy, what did I leave out? Besides a lot, I'm sure. Which one are you thinking of specifically? I just found ~18 more but I'm not sure they're what you mean. And I threw them together to show what I've found; I don't plan on using that image again. But yay for cool.

zero, I'm done mentioning if you're done looking. 8)

Alex, I know there's a story behind that and I know I should know what it is...but I don't remember it at the moment. Feel free to not post about it. :P

Return to “Milagre Town Square”