The Guys not talking about Guy Stuff Thread

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!

Best regular shaving option?

At the Barbar, hot towels, the whole works
No votes
Safety razor
17%
cartridge razor
25%
Blade Razor
17%
Straight Edge Razor
8%
I never, ever shave my face
33%

Total votes: 12

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:25 am

I think a little cape would be dashing.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Postby thoughtreader » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:08 am

I know this is a really old post and thus way off topic now but…
Hmmm, offtopic, but since this is a discuss what you wouldnt normally discuss guy thread, Am I the only one who feels embarassed when i get kicked in the balls in front of a bunch of girls :?: For some reason its embarassing, to me.
I've never actually been kicked in the balls, so I can't say. I have noticed that many girls seem to think it's funny or even cute when a guy doubles over in pain after taking a shot down there. It's like they think that guys exaggerate the pain for comic effect. For the record, after receiving a solid hit to the balls is one of the few occasions in which a man is allowed to cry in front of other men.
As a female wrestler I have experienced a firm kick/knee/elbow to the crotch more times then I’d like to recall. Some of which have caused a similar “doubled over in pain fetal position on the floor” reaction that men have. So while I don’t truly “know your pain” (because of the lack of sensitive “man parts” to get squished in the mix) I can relate.
Also I have only kicked a boy in the balls once on purpose, I was 3 and it was my older brother. My mom immediately took me aside and explained to me why it was wrong. And I never did it on purpose again. I have accidentally kicked/kneed/elbowed many guys many times in the crotch while wresting and I have always felt terrible afterwards.

I feel there is only on time where it is “ok/appropriate” to purposely kick a man in the balls and that is to fend off a sexual predator. In my book they forfeit the right to use the “equipment” the second they try to/succeed at raping someone.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Female wrestelers

Postby buckshot » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:14 pm

A female Wrestler? Thats too cool , What type ,or class , some details please no no , all the details leave nothing out. What a great thread! :P
"Nothing runs like a deere"

thoughtreader
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: will wrestle you to the ground
First Joined: 13 Mar 2003

Re: Female wrestelers

Postby thoughtreader » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:51 am

A female Wrestler? Thats too cool , What type ,or class , some details please no no , all the details leave nothing out. What a great thread! :P
All the Details… wow where to start.
I’ve been wresting for 10 years, I started when I was in 8th grade and wrestled all through high school and college. In middle school and high school I wrestled folk style on my schools men’s team and in college I wrestled free style on my college’s women’s team. I’ve competed in the 112,119, and 125 pound weight classes but did my best when I was 112. I took 1st in state two times in high school (8th and 2nd the other two years). Unfortunately my performance in college was affected by illness and injury and I didn’t do as well as I would have hoped I only made it to nationals twice and took 4th and 5th.

Overall I love wrestling and everything about it (even having to lose 11 pounds in a day). It gave me a true understanding of hard work and dedication. If there is anything else you want to know that you think I left out just ask and I’ll try my best to answer.

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:56 am

That's awsome! There were no female wrestlers where I went to school and i'm not shure I could wrestle with a Girl. I was always stuck in unlimited (with a belly full of water to make weight) wrestling some giant fat fish, and i'm shure I would have been scared to death to wrestle a girl! More power to ya, I wish one of my girls would try it! :P

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:34 pm

added a peeing poll for this thread,

guys: through the fly or over the fence?

girls can participate in the poll if they have thought about what they'd do if they were lucky enough to have a penis. ;)
So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:38 pm

Depends. If I have a shirt tucked in, through the fly. Otherwise, over the fence.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:50 am

I've worn a belt for the past three years, so it's always through the fly, but, before that, it was always over the fence. The belt is too troublesome, I suppose.

Row--row.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ganon's Bane

Postby Eddie Pinz » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:15 am

Both. Especially when tailgating for an Eagles game in December or January, because you usually have sweatpants on under your jeans. This means you have to go over the fence and through the fly which takes some talent.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 pm

working outside in VT in the winter means a combination of both ;) I'm normally an over-the-fence sort of person though.
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:16 am

I went ahead and bought some stuff I should have bought ages ago. I've had one non cotton (read wicking) shirt for workouts and two pair of gym shorts for a while now, and only one pair of underarmor to wear while working out. So today I bought a bunch of polyester type workout gear, and keeping in mind Stephs info about boxer briefs I got three pair of boxer briefs, two that are like a microfiber polyester that are so incredibly comfortable it was worth the 6$ each I paid (regular price $20 though) and another brand that is also polyester but only $4. I also got two more workout shirts, one that's a dodgers one. I almost got a red one for usc (and a pair of gold athletic shirts to go with, but thought I was already spending too much :-p) also got a pair of flipflops for the shower/beach a much needed laundry hamper and a new bathmat to replace the one the cat peed and pooped on. I think I've been sort of converted to boxer briefs, hopefully they'll hold up as well as boxers. ;) I decided against the nike boxer briefs because: A) they were too skin tight, clingy, B)they came halfway down my thigh C) they were white so had a see-through element. ugh. the other brands were much better. :-p

I'm sort of bothered by the use of "pair" to describe a singular shorts, pants, boxers, briefs or boxer briefs. never bothered me before now. :-p

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:19 am

...one that's a dodgers one...
And you lost me.

Luet
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Bird Nerd
First Joined: 01 Jul 2000

Postby Luet » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:59 am

one that's a dodgers one. I almost got a red one for usc
Those are my husband's two favorite teams. :)
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus in Return to Tipasa

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby buckshot » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:02 am

Since I'm in overalls so much I guess I'm a through the fence guy . And yes boxers are about the best thing ever , I think i will stick with the mariners boxers though , the dodgers dont fit me just right. :P

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Given the recent discussion here, I thought this was appropriate. Truly, there is a Sheldon comic for all occasions.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Paul calls the fly in briefs the "penis labyrinth".
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

lyons24000
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Darn Red Shells!

Postby lyons24000 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:44 pm

Through the fly is too much of a hassle although I've done it a few times before.
"This must be the end, then."-MorningLightMountain, Judas Unchained

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:45 pm

Levi talking about he and Bristol Palin on Tyra Banks is worth noting, she asks him three or four times if they were practicing safe sex, and he responds, "All the time" she questions this, pushing back on it, "All the time?" he sticks to his "All the time" for the first two times she asks it again, then comes up bashfully with the truthful response, "Most of the time." Which just goes to show that when you use a condom only "most of the time" you're probably going to wind up a parent all of the time, if you're having sex regularly.

Also a convenient time to point out to all the girls reading the thread that any guy trying to have sex without a condom has tried to have sex without a condom with every girl he's slept with, so STD red flag right there. I hate them, but they're necessary. :-p

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:25 pm

It is my firm belief that women should also carry condoms. Not just because it's safer, but because I'm tired of covering all the costs for them not getting pregnant.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:38 pm

bah, birth control is more expensive, and has side effects. they should carry one for emergencies, but so should guys.

additionally the costs are probably offset by how much money the girl spends on herself making herself look good for dates and whatnot. buying condoms is comparitively cheap to buying shoes, lingerie, makeup, outfits etc. not to mention the time (most expensive of all) spent in preparation.

we get off easy, fellas.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jebus » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Still, birth control is their problem, not mine (so long as they don't know enough details about me to track me down), am I right?

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:18 pm

I think it should be a joint effort if it's mutual pleasure..

But I was wondering, because I hate this, if you're male, and you're challenged to do something (that's not dangerously stupid or illegal, etc.), do you have to do it?

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:40 pm

Only if you don't want your testicles revoked. It's all part of the Guy Code.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:01 pm

But I was wondering, because I hate this, if you're male, and you're challenged to do something (that's not dangerously stupid or illegal, etc.), do you have to do it?
Yes. The issue is always where the line should be drawn on the whole "dangerously stupid"
thing
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:09 pm

I feel like the real challenge should be being able to say no to a challenge. I'm not sure I know any man who can do that.

When people do stupid things just to prove they can because they were challenged, it makes me sad..

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:14 pm

I've never known any guy that just goes along with anything he's dared to do. I mean, i've known a lot that do stupid things because they really want to try, but even i've done that before.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:16 pm

I've never known any guy that just goes along with anything he's dared to do. I mean, i've known a lot that do stupid things because they really want to try, but even i've done that before.
yeah, generally the challenges are just an excuse to do something cool that you'd feel too much like an idiot to try otherwise.

[edit]
ahh, what tangled webs we weave.

Mich
Commander
Commander

Postby Mich » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:58 am

I realize this is old, but who wants to go under for surgery any time soon? http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.ht ... _page_id=2

Row--row.

Confessions
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Guilty

Postby Confessions » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:44 pm

*random*
For some unknown reason, for the first time in my life, with the new girl I'm seeing, I'm no longer able to 'last' in bed. I used to be the exact opposite, sometimes even unable to finish (and just tired, I'm no marathon runner). I'm really ashamed of this, for reasons I think are obvious.

I thought that belonged here.
The password is "guilty"

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Jebus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:34 am

In your current relation are you using something other than a condom as contraceptive? I know that when I wear a condom it often dulls the sensation enough that I won't finish. If you are using one still, I'd suggest changing to a thicker type of condom, just as a temporary solution until you fix whatever's making you spunk your junk so quickly.

Eddie Pinz
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Eddie Pinz » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:48 am

It could be nerves, the tightness of her, position or numerous other things. How long has this been going on? I mean I don't always bring my A game, but there are ways around that. When this happens to me, I usually continue fooling around and get ready for round 2 in a couple of minutes. There are also condoms that provide a numbing sensation, although I've never used them and heard mixed reviews about the results.

locke
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby locke » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:09 pm

there's also a psychological function to when you climax too, I imagine, how you feel about the girl, and yourself. Guilt, attraction, distractions, anxiety, etc will all play into that beyond just the physical stimulation. I also think that guys will be surprised at the total difference in sensation sex provides compared to masturbation.

I've only ever had sex with condoms and have also either hit the I'm worn out (also not a marathon runner) stage or not climaxed due to a variety of reasons. Such as physically uncomfortable (yeah like the back of volkswagon, or front seat of a kia, more like), distracting noises (squeaky/creaky bed), awkward coordination, partners who are too quiet (meaning I have to concentrate a lot harder on picking up her nonverbal cues), thick condoms (made the mistake of using magnums for a while, though the new thin magnums are awesome), strange environment, one girl who was very 'loose' (my first, lol) or simply enjoying it too much and not pushing the extra bit to finish, lack of attraction/fading attraction, anxiety about not finishing previously, and whether or not she has climaxed. heh, there's a whole lot of reasons for me running into the issue of not finishing. In general, since (according to love line) not a lot of girls will orgasm during sex, I'd prefer if I got her there during foreplay as it takes some of the psychological pressure off me about the 'unfairness' of my orgasm if she hasn't had one as well. :)

Actually I view that confessions post with some relief, as it seems to suggest that difficulties with reaching climax for men is not necessarily a lifetime curse but something that varies with partners. Naturally I knew that already, but just hadn't reasoned it out consciously. :-p
Last edited by locke on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:22 pm

At least, the truth comes out: men and women aren't as different as many like to suppose. ;)
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Intruder!!!
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:29 pm

It was only when Jebus mentioned contraceptives that I realized that's what was different.

Yes, it was I who posted as Confessions. I'm not going to get in to why here.

I've not been using condoms with her. Stupid, I know; but I trust her not to lie to me, and she is on the pill, so why not enjoy it? Well... I guess this may just be why not to enjoy it, hah!

Eugh, I remember trying those numbing sensation condoms once... It was like having sex with a bowl of acid. Sure, you could eventually get over the burning and enjoy it enough to finish, but do you really want to spend the next 30 minutes with your johnson on fire?
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Return to “Milagre Town Square”