Doctor Who (yarr, there be spoilers here!)

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Shadow Zebra

Postby Yebra » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:55 pm

So yet another season finale solved by having a character turn into god. Not quite as bad as in season one, but still.
Yebra: A cross between a zebra and something that fancied a zebra.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Not the mama!

Postby Wil » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:28 pm

-- Journey's End --

What's this talk about "turning into god"? In season 1 rose took the time.. stuff.. in to herself and caused change in time using it. A god, sure. This time, however, the doctors regenerative... stuff... and his chopped off hand resulted in essentially three doctors. Three doctors are better than one.

I quite enjoyed this episode. It brought everything together very nicely, and it was interesting to find out that the Tardis takes 6 pilots usually. It was really neat seeing essentially EVERYONE from every other past season. I was right that it had to do with the hand... I liked that more than what I thought they would do otherwise. I also found myself quite sad that Donna was going... she actually had grown on me towards the end. I thought it was hilarious how she kept trying to get a hug from Jack. Honestly though, lets bring on the next companion. :D

Is there going to be a Christmas special?

Bean_wannabe
Soldier
Soldier
Title: I spy with my Fishy Eye
First Joined: 08 Nov 2007

Postby Bean_wannabe » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:23 am

--Journey's End--

I convinced myself halfway through that Donna was Jenny, but regenerated and using a human camouflage thing like the Doctor did last season.

I mean:
Wearing a big ring
TARDIS doors shut on her
Regeneration energy going into her looked like what came out of the watch

Anyway, I was disappointed I wasn't right

Good episode though

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Yebra » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:20 am

Okay SPOILERS.

It was a perfectly enjoyable episode but it followed the pattern of:

1) Raise the stakes
2) MAKE IT BIGGER!
3) BIGGER AGAIN!
4) Frak! How do we get out of this?
5) Um, something happens?????? (the time vortex makes Rose god, the power of prayer makes the doctor god or the power of the hand makes Donna into the doctor.... which in this story meant she could do absolutely anything by hitting a few keys and techno-babbling, so god again).
6) Everything is wonderful again!
7) Oh no! Bittersweet ending!

I mean, sure that's a fairly generic Dr Who progression, but sometimes it just gets absurd. So it turns out the entire dalek plan can be ruined (and in fact, the entire species destroyed) by hitting a few keys on the console. Sure the daleks may have the classic super-villain lair there but there are limits.

Personally daleks speaking German was a highlight though, and Dalek Caan insane cackle was great. But that does just raise the question if his goal was to wipe out the daleks....WHY DID HE RESCUE THEM FROM THE TIME WAR HAVING BROKEN THROUGH THE TIME LOCK??

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Queen Ducky
First Joined: 25 Feb 2002

Postby Jayelle » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:52 pm

-Journey's End-

Well, holy crap. I liked it, but there were bits that weren't great.
I liked all the people together - that everyone has someone and it's all happy. The bit with Rose finally getting the Doctor was satisfying, but I would have liked a bit more mystery. Seemed like the kiss was to satisfy screaming fangirls.
The Donna part made me so sad - not just that she doesn't have the memories, but that she's back to being a sucky person because of it. :(

All in all, I liked it. Can't wait for more seasons, but it looks like I'll have to.

Is there going to be a Christmas special?
Yes. It's previewed at the end on BBC versions. (you can see it on youtube).
One Duck to rule them all.
--------------------------------
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Slim
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Peacocks can't Lurk

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:41 pm

--Journey's End--

I haven't been around for a while, but I wanted to comment anyway.

This was great! The Doctor has saved the universe plenty of times before, but now he gets to save ALL the universes! How awesome is that? And the Daleks almost actually succeeded in their crazy plan to become the only life forms in the universe! Never would have thought it possible. Daleks at the height of their civilization and with them, the TARDIS door is just wood. Things have never seemed so hopeless!

I thought it was great, having all his companions there. I especially thought it appropriate that Sara Jane got to meet up with Davros again.

Yeah, I was also hoping that there was something more to Donna. That whole "too much coincidence around you" I was hoping had to do with her, that she somehow was able to bend reality subconsciously to how she wanted. Instead it was just Dalek Caan making sure things went according to plan. Even though it would have happened like this anyway. Whatever. But I thought for sure she actually did create that weird world in the Library computer, and that she actually did create "the perfect man" -- he wasn't in the Library that day. Why would he use a different name? Oh, well. Whatever the case, hopefully he can find Donna back in the 21st century and live happily ever after. :)

I did think it was weird in "Planet of the Ood," that the Ood were going to sing of "the Doctor Donna" when they didn't do anything to help them on that planet. It was all that Friend of the Ood guy. Who knew it was connected? I'm glad.

I also thought it was funny when Donna is trying to get Capt. Jack to hug her. That was great.

The heartbeat Donna was hearing? Oh, that was just the Doctor's Hand. Echoing back. That's his explanation for everything, isn't it? No wonder everything is repeating: it just echoes back.

I thought it was funny that everyone had their plan for destroying all the Daleks. (although I thought the Osterhagen Key would do something better. Actually self-destruct was at the very bottom of my list, and I said so too!) But the funny part was then the Daleks just teleported them away. D'oh! But then the Doctor's Hand shows up, but then he gets zapped. But don't worry, there's still Donna! She can save the day! "I've got it! ... but, I don't know how it works!" Zaap! D'oh! It was great.
5) Um, something happens?????? (the time vortex makes Rose god, the power of prayer makes the doctor god or the power of the hand makes Donna into the doctor.... which in this story meant she could do absolutely anything by hitting a few keys and techno-babbling, so god again).
You're not complaining against Deus Ex Machina are you? That's the whole point of Doctor Who -- The day should always be saved by the God in the Machine. ;)
So it turns out the entire dalek plan can be ruined (and in fact, the entire species destroyed) by hitting a few keys on the console. Sure the daleks may have the classic super-villain lair there but there are limits.
The console in the dungeon, no less. Probably Dalek Caan's doing.
But that does just raise the question if his goal was to wipe out the daleks....WHY DID HE RESCUE THEM FROM THE TIME WAR HAVING BROKEN THROUGH THE TIME LOCK??
My guess is that it is one of these:
1) Breaking through the time lock was enough to rescue Davros, and Dalek Caan couldn't stop him.
2) Dalek Caan didn't realize how evil the Daleks were until after he already rescued Davros.
3) Dalek Caan is insane, and his plans have no basis in rational thought.

Odd that it's Davros naming The Doctor "The Destroyer of Worlds" just after he saved every universe. Maybe he's just trying to tick off the Doctor. At least The Doctor has a name now. ;)

And then Dalek Caan has to mention: "By the way, in case you thought I was just kidding, one will still die!!!"

So it's finally confirmed that the TARDIS takes six pilots. And what better way than for his companions to fly the earth back home. Best moment ever.

Then everyone has to leave. I thought it was funny how Sara Jane says "Always pretending to be lonely, but you've got the biggest family of all! ... Anyway, I've got to go!" Everyone else: "Yeah, us too! Bye!"

Doctor+Rose: well, guess we don't have to worry about Rose anymore.
Rose: "What were you going to say?"
Doctor: "It doesn't need saying."
Doctor's Hand: "Kiss me, sugarlips."

It was so sad that Donna had to lose all her memories of the Doctor. When he said "That part of her is dead now," I thought it was just another cop-out for not really having to die. But really, loosing your best memories? That is a fate worse than death.

Hopefully her mom takes The Doctor's advise to tell Donna that she is special. That alone should make Donna more than she is.

Since The Doctor told Jenny that "being a Time Lord is so much more, a shared knowledge, a shared history, a shared suffering" I thought it would be great if he could transfer Donna's mind into Jenny a la "The Search for Spock." But of course, the Doctor thinks Jenny is dead, not to mention they would never do that.

Now, excepting a few specials, Doctor Who takes a break. But his journey will continue. Will Jenny ever turn up? Will River Song ever meet him? Will the Shadow Proclamation be after the Doctor now? And will The Black Guardian ever show up? It will be tough to top this in the future, but then again, they don't have to. This show is great!
A signature so short, it's
Slim

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:58 pm

--Journey's End--

But I thought for sure she actually did create that weird world in the Library computer, and that she actually did create "the perfect man" -- he wasn't in the Library that day. Why would he use a different name? Oh, well. Whatever the case, hopefully he can find Donna back in the 21st century and live happily ever after. :)
But he was there, at the very end! He spotted her but couldn't get her name out through his stutter before she disappeared.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

wesley
Launchie
Launchie

Postby wesley » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:44 pm

i enjoyed the finale a great deal. i'm an impatient american and gave in and watched it on youtube a few days ago. i'm still watching it tonight, though.

the lengthy wait between regular seasons is going to kill me. i'll probably while the time away by reading the old novels. i picked up a few on a recent visit to alien entertainment in chicago. they're a great nerd-centric store with a huge selection of who merch. they even had a giant dalek replica and a door painted like the tardis. it was great!

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:04 pm

Curse my lack of AA batteries. On my camera is a picture of me posing with a life-sized Dalek in London.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Just Another Chris

Postby Olhado_ » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:16 pm

Curse my lack of AA batteries. On my camera is a picture of me posing with a life-sized Dalek in London.
I think a friend at work got a photo of that or there is another Dalek out there, which is probably too scary to even think about. :P
So it turns out the entire dalek plan can be ruined (and in fact, the entire species destroyed) by hitting a few keys on the console. Sure the daleks may have the classic super-villain lair there but there are limits.
My guess is that it is one of these:
1) Breaking through the time lock was enough to rescue Davros, and Dalek Caan couldn't stop him.
2) Dalek Caan didn't realize how evil the Daleks were until after he already rescued Davros.
3) Dalek Caan is insane, and his plans have no basis in rational thought.
I believe it is number 1.

Alright, I have to say that I am a relative newbie in the Doctor Who world (Got in when Torchwood started); but I have watched every re-run that my cable provider have shown...Yep, I am a nerd with no life. :P

I thought this was a great episode and in a way I am really glad that I was away on vacation last week and was able to watch both of them back to back. It probably added much and/or relieved so much stress. :)

Honestly, the part I really liked was really watching the Doctor developed. It really showed me a lot, when Davros pointed out that the Doctor's people were basically "weapons" and that is why he "never looks back." I honestly believe this is not an insane ramblings of a mad man. I really do believe that is going to haunt the Doctor now and in the very end it was not just the loneliest that was getting to him; but the knowledge of what his companions are capable of after they meet him. And even the people who got to know him and did not survive.

Perhaps, this is all obvious or perhaps this is all a lie; but these are just observations that I notice and have stayed with me.

I really wonder not just who the Doctor's next companion is; but if he will change the way be behaves with them. For example maybe this is how River comes into the picture since the Doctor she described seemed to have more feelings, then the one up until now (or again perhaps it is all in my head).

But like I said I am a newbie in the Doctor Who world and there are still glimpse into the past stories that allude me. If I was smarter I would just get the DVDs instead of waiting on reruns. :)

Although, I really love how the Doctor commented on Gwen's past appearance on his show. I keep waiting to see Owen in one of the past versions of Doctor Who since both Tosh and Gwen's actors were in past episodes. (I don't care if he is or is not)

Also, I guess we know who will be added to Torchwood now. I always figured Martha would; but I figured it would just be someone new to the whole series, perhaps discovered in the first few episodes. And remember you can always get your fill of the Doctor's universe from Torchwood, when it starts up.

Well that is enough of my ramblings... :)
Not
Even
Remotely
Dorky

Professor Frink
-The Simpsions

Slim
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Peacocks can't Lurk

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:54 pm

--Journey's End--

But I thought for sure she actually did create that weird world in the Library computer, and that she actually did create "the perfect man" -- he wasn't in the Library that day. Why would he use a different name? Oh, well. Whatever the case, hopefully he can find Donna back in the 21st century and live happily ever after. :)
But he was there, at the very end! He spotted her but couldn't get her name out through his stutter before she disappeared.
That's what I'm saying. Well, I don't mean created in the way Donna meant it, as in created a fake man in a fake world. I mean she created a real world and created a real man in that world, who was then able to escape out of that world into our real world. But, of course, the season is over, Donna's gone, and they'll probably not do anything with it. But you know, I still like my crazy ideas. :)
A signature so short, it's
Slim

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Revival!

David Tennant quits as Doctor Who.

What a shameeeee. Now I have to go through the whole "Eick, will I like the next doctor or not?!" thing. :(

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:16 pm

*cries*

Bean_wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bean_wannabe » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:05 am

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Well, if the next one is as good as Tennant was compared to Eccleston, we're in for a treat.

GodInYourEyes
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GodInYourEyes » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:02 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: noooo! :cry:
Lost in the dark with only one light to guide us

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:01 pm

I watched the Christmas Special today.

It was okay. I am a bit tired of the cybermen, and they seemed fairly unthreatening this time.
The "other doctor" was fun and funny - I totally called that he wasn't a real doctor when the Doctor brought out the stethoscope and only held it in one place.
Rosita was funny in concept, but kinda one-dementional.

Overall.... 7 out of 10

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander
Title: Huey Revolutionary

Postby neo-dragon » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:01 pm

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Bean_wannabe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bean_wannabe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Interesting choice - doesn't look like he's had much experience

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Well that's weird. I was actually hoping for that grandfatherly type that Steven Moffatt was hinting at.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:47 pm

Saw this on a certain chan and didn't think it was true, this location being the source of all lies. But it is.

He looks so... emo?
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

elfprince13
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: The Bombadil

Postby elfprince13 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:06 pm

he looks.....eccentric, which is just what is needed from a Doctor.

also, who else watched The Next Doctor?
"But the conversation of the mind was truer than any language, and they knew each other better than they ever could have by use of mere sight and touch."

Olhado_
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Just Another Chris

Postby Olhado_ » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:45 pm

So, I am not sure what I am going to think about the new Doctor. The only thing I know it will be tough to beat David. He just brings some great facial expressions and mannerisms. :)
Not
Even
Remotely
Dorky

Professor Frink
-The Simpsions

buckshot
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Farmer from Hell

Good Dr.

Postby buckshot » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:08 pm

I'ts sad there is no channel playing the old episodes, A couple seasons with Tom Baker would be great!

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:29 am

"The End of Time"

A few random thoughts (spoilers, of course):

- The return of the Time Lords; I did NOT see that coming. What's more, they're bad?! Really bad. As in, make the Doctor pick up a gun and actually consider using it on someone to stop them, bad. That was really something. Not even the Daleks freaked him out like that.

- I like how this story, and even the ones leading up to it dealt with the Doctor's death. Knowing that he was going to die, I was always like, "big deal! He knows that he can regenerate. It's happened 9 times already." I mean, I know that he has a limited number of regenerations so using one isn't something that should be taken lightly, but the conversation he had with Wilfred really enlightened me. I never fully understood how much he loses and how much it feels like truly dying to him. And his last words, "I don't want to go!" Very sad. It really felt like a true death rather than just a change.

- Speaking of which, his rant when he realized that he had to sacrifice himself was really something. Usually the hero is ready to sacrifice himself for the the most insignificant person without the slightest regret. It was sure different to have the hero b*tch about it. It made me feel bad for Wilfred, since that's a lot of guilt to put on a nice old man who just wanted to help.

Good bye, 10th Doctor. You will be missed.

ETA:

Article about the next season including a trailer
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

neo-dragon
Commander
Commander

Postby neo-dragon » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:55 pm

- Frank Herbert's 'Dune'

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:51 pm

I watched End of Days. I... am still not sure what I think.

The ending was sad, but also tedious. But I like cheesy emotional, so I didn't hate it. I freaking LOVE that Martha and Mickey are married. I totally called that. Though, poor Mickey, in love with someone who's (been) in love with the Doctor, again.

I liked the return of the Master, and the "knock four times" reveal, I liked the Doctor realizing he had to save a regular person instead of just letting them sacrifice themselves.

There were just too many loose ends, though. What was the point in turning everyone into the Master? Did they share thoughts or not? WHO IS THE TIME LORD WOMAN??? Why did he have so much time to go see everyone before regenerating?

For the amount of time they showed the Doctor chasing the Master, they could have explained a few more things.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:57 pm

Why did he have so much time to go see everyone before regenerating?
I'm assuming that the radiation made for a slow death, and thus he had a good amount of time before he finally "died" enough to regenerate.

I'm still kind of wary about the new doctor. If it weren't for the fact that they had a new writer, I might be even more worried.

Jayelle
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Jayelle » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Anyone watch the new episode yet?

New credits: Don't love the song, LOVE the new logo.

New Doctor: He's great! I was expecting to be unsure because of how much I love David Tennant, but I am enjoying Matt Smith. He brings his own energy and charm without being a clone of #10.

New Companion: She's ginger! I think they did a good job on the backstory, it's nice when they actually make use of the whole time travel thing. I called right off the bat that she wasn't actually a cop. There's no way a cop wears a skirt that short! She's sweet, but I hope it's not just another Rose situation. She's already infatuated with the Doctor and willing to leave the night before her wedding? Uh oh.
However, she's the first companion we've had (in the current series) that has known the Doctor her whole life, so her going with him makes a great deal of sense.

New TARDIS: oooh, very steampunk. I am happy that they didn't make massive changes, it's more subtle.

First episode in general: I liked it. I think that Stephen Moffat has a knack for knowing how to make things scary, how to make time travel interesting and how to side-step some of the Deus Ex Machinas that have been used in the past. It was sweet and smart to have him have to save the world without the sonic screwdriver or the TARDIS.

All in all... I like where they're going with this. I hope the rest of the season lives up to the strong start.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:19 pm

Anyone watch the new episode yet?

New credits: Don't love the song, LOVE the new logo.

New Doctor: He's great! I was expecting to be unsure because of how much I love David Tennant, but I am enjoying Matt Smith. He brings his own energy and charm without being a clone of #10.

New Companion: She's ginger! I think they did a good job on the backstory, it's nice when they actually make use of the whole time travel thing. I called right off the bat that she wasn't actually a cop. There's no way a cop wears a skirt that short! She's sweet, but I hope it's not just another Rose situation. She's already infatuated with the Doctor and willing to leave the night before her wedding? Uh oh.
However, she's the first companion we've had (in the current series) that has known the Doctor her whole life, so her going with him makes a great deal of sense.

New TARDIS: oooh, very steampunk. I am happy that they didn't make massive changes, it's more subtle.

First episode in general: I liked it. I think that Stephen Moffat has a knack for knowing how to make things scary, how to make time travel interesting and how to side-step some of the Deus Ex Machinas that have been used in the past. It was sweet and smart to have him have to save the world without the sonic screwdriver or the TARDIS.

All in all... I like where they're going with this. I hope the rest of the season lives up to the strong start.
In a nutshell, all of this.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Ditto to everything Jayelle wrote.

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Yebra » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:30 pm

The fact that she's Scottish AND ginger leads me to suspect Moffat's somehow got hold of my weakness file...

Yeah I think it's a pretty solid start. Except the music is turned up to 11 THE ENTIRE TIME, but that's a long standing issue.

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:29 pm

That first episode was a blast! Both the new doctor and the new companion are very cute in their own ways and I'm looking forward to seeing how this new season plays out.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Tonight's ep was pretty good, except for a few minor plot holes and unfinished questions. I really enjoyed the creepy vibe the story started with. You can totally tell someone new is in charge, and I love it.

Wil
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Wil » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:27 am

1) The second episode was GREAT! Steven Moffat is definitely a very positive change for Doctor Who.

2) I think I really love this new Doctor and companion.

3) I don't know if it is just really good acting or what, but the scene where the companion hugs the doctor in last nights episode... something more there I think.

ETA: Also, it seems this Doctor has a very negative feeling toward humanity.

Yebra
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Yebra » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:21 pm

I thought it was a really weak episode. The tease had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the episode (which seems like cheating) and that whole thread really made the episode make no sense. Think of it from the little girl's point of view "Hey, that thing with the freeing the space-whale was great, but can we deal with the fact that my classmates keep disappearing? You know, the reason I was crying in the first place? Hey, where are you going?" So are they going to stop trying to feed failing kids to the whale now? Or at least stop using them as slave labour?

I'm undecided on the resolution, I like an assistant who's unafraid to push the big pretty buttons but again it was the easy option where 'everybody lives', as opposed to the doctor's own heartbreaking way of breaking the duality offered in every other choice on the ship. I just worry this is going to a recurring thing from a man whose scariest monsters are ones that make you live happily-ever-after to death.

I know the 'first adventure with new assistant' needs a certain amount of 'hey that was cool, now let's go do it again', but the heart of that story was asking if it even worth saving the people and the special telephones if you have to carve out a nation's soul to do it, and that deserved a better ending than 'ah well, oppsie, guess we didn't have to compromise our principles with horrifying reality after all - what luck!'

And it's a little weird that by the 2900s British culture has changed not one bit from the 1980s but given what they pull off with their budget I'll let that slide.

C+

Return to “Milagre Town Square”