Guys, I f****** up. - The Sentencing.

Talk about anything under the sun or stars - but keep it civil. This is where we really get to know each other. Everyone is welcome, and invited!
eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:35 pm

It's not my fault either. I thought we'd been over this.

Thanks for not being a complete asshat though. It's better than usual.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm sorry, but most people I know don't go around praying for serial killers.
Obviously you have not been to many Catholic churches. And I don't mean the ones that pray for serial killers to be executed.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

VelvetElvis
Commander
Commander
Title: is real!
First Joined: 0- 9-2004

Postby VelvetElvis » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:39 pm

Obviously you have not been to many Catholic churches. And I don't mean the ones that pray for serial killers to be executed.
Or any church, apparently.
Yay, I'm a llama again!

Slim
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Peacocks can't Lurk

Postby Slim » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:43 pm

Peters_girl --

(I don't know if you'll read this, but...)
I'll spare y'all the details, but my cousin is in jail. She messed up, but she is feeling much better now. It is an unfortunate way to learn from one's mistakes, but I hope you can make the most of your experiences so that you can change and help others out. Look for the good in everything.
A signature so short, it's
Slim

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:37 pm

Or any church, apparently.
Okay, you just made me think that religion is about 150% percent more f****** up than I already thought it was. Which is pretty intense. s***.

thatguy1944
Soldier
Soldier

Postby thatguy1944 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:22 am

Syphon what exactly are you refering to when you said "reincarnation" and "incarnation"

Eriador. Why do you insist on making every reply a wise-ass remark or something controversial? Do you find it hard to be the center of attention? Do you feel that no one will listen to you otherwise?

You don't always have to have the last word. I do not consider myself a man of God but I still try to have respect for people that I talk to. I can understand how religion and faith can sometimes get annoying. But that doesn't keep me from acting civil whenever someone brings it up in passing, or in a common discussion. Just because someone has a sliver of faith doesn't mean you should write them off as sheep, or treat them as such.

Learn some decency and tact, or find yourself surrounded by few allies. I am in no way saying that you do not have any already, maybe you like being surrounded by people like yourself... never really challenging is it? Always so much fun in your own little world... ignorant and rude as you are.

I hope that someday you become a better person, until then I pity the life you lead and those around you.

Thatguy1944
Seriously... just say ih (internal ha) from now on

because it never really is a laugh out loud...

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead
Title: Age quod agis
First Joined: 04 Feb 2002

Postby Eaquae Legit » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:55 am

Syphon what exactly are you referring to when you said "reincarnation" and "incarnation"?
Pweb has been around a lot longer than the dates would indicate. There was a big crash in 2001 where the board was wiped out, and another in 2006. If you look at the Memberlist and sort it by date joined, you'll notice that there's a huge number of people who joined up on the same couple days. Those people were a part of Pweb 1 and/or Pweb 2. A lot of the board history was lost during the "reincarnation" of Pweb 2 into Pweb 3.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:40 am

I do not consider myself a man of God but I still try to have respect for people that I talk to. I can understand how religion and faith can sometimes get annoying. But that doesn't keep me from acting civil whenever someone brings it up in passing, or in a common discussion. Just because someone has a sliver of faith doesn't mean you should write them off as sheep, or treat them as such.
I'm not doing that... If you bothered to read, I was just pointing out that if I were to start a religion, one of the first things I'd say would be something along the lines of "don't be nice to somebody who wants to kill (and possibly eat) you. Kinda obvious if you ask me...

As to making myself the center of the conversation, here's my first post:
I think I was in a similar (but more minor) situation earlier this year... All I can suggest is to stay calm, and keep quiet.

My insatiable curiosity won't let me off unless I beg for more information, but I understand that you probably don't want to share, even if you could.

Anyway, I don't mean to sound callous, but I'm not gonna pass judgement until I hear more.
I was restrained, polite, and honest. It was this response that blew it up into a confrontation:
Eriador: I'm sorry, but I've just got to say that there are times when that kind of comment might be appropriate I guess, but this sure to hell isn't one of them. Normally I could just roll my eyes and move on, but honestly, if that's the best you can genuinely do, then I think it would be most compassionate thing possible for you to just shut the f*** up.
I really don't know what pissed her off... but she did start it.

powerfulcheese04
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Momma Cat

Postby powerfulcheese04 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:42 am

*hugs Alea*

I know we aren't close, but if you ever need anything, I'm around.
-Kim

Gravity Defier
Commander
Commander
Title: Ewok in Tauntaun-land

Postby Gravity Defier » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:28 pm

Obviously, I'm still around to a degree- I just posted in Ali's thread.

There's still not much I can say, though I'd hope the intelligent members would put two and two together. If I were accused of doing something Ted Bundy-ish, for all my lack of knowledge on the intricacies of the court and legal system, I'd assume I'd still be in jail for something so serious as that.

A super-huge thank you for all the support; for those who can't for one reason or another hear me over the phone, ask those who can and you'll get a better picture of how humbled I am by all the well wishes and prayers. Always a pet peeve of mine was the fact that text can't capture emotion for those of us who aren't born with the gift of writing.

I have a lawyer now.

Anyhow, it's been hard to gag myself completely, so I can't really explain where the fear comes in, but I'm learning fast that I need to protect myself...so, with any intelligence, I'll go into 100% lurker mode for the next three weeks and hope/pray that everything is done and over with by then.
Se paciente y duro; algún día este dolor te será útil.

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:19 pm

We're all thinking about you, Alea. You know you can call or text me anytime. And I think I speak for everyone (well, at least most of us, all the cool people here) when I say if there's anything you need, at all, we'll be here.
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

Rei
Commander
Commander
Title: Fides quaerens intellectum
First Joined: 24 Nov 2003

Postby Rei » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:53 pm

Dap speaks true. I hope everything is done with for the better soon. Still praying for you.
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
~Blaise Pascal

私は。。。誰?

Dernhelm

Darth Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Some call me... Tim

Postby Darth Petra » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:11 am

Shut up, Eri. Look, we're all terrible people in one way or another, so why rub it in?
"Death is the only serious preoccupation in life."
- The Count of Monte Cristo

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:05 am

Shut up, Eri. Look, we're all terrible people in one way or another, so why rub it in?
Why not? Isn't the purpose of life to improve oneself? Isn't that what happens on every scale with every organism? So why are you complaining about a little kick in the ass?

Darth Petra
Soldier
Soldier
Title: Some call me... Tim

Postby Darth Petra » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:31 am

Why not? Isn't the purpose of life to improve oneself? Isn't that what happens on every scale with every organism? So why are you complaining about a little kick in the ass?
When someone messes up, they don't need to hear "You messed up", if they know they messed up. There is a time for confrontation...like if they don't think they messed up.
"Death is the only serious preoccupation in life."
- The Count of Monte Cristo

LilBee91
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: AK Hermione
First Joined: 10 Jan 2005

Postby LilBee91 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:42 pm

Best of luck Alea. I'm sure it will all work out for the best.

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:14 pm

When someone messes up, they don't need to hear "You messed up", if they know they messed up. There is a time for confrontation...like if they don't think they messed up.
Umm... I'm not being confrontational. I'm being supportive. Look at my earlier post if you wanna know who's confrontational.

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:17 pm

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
"Only for today, I will devote 10 minutes of my time to some good reading, remembering that just as food is necessary to the life of the body, so good reading is necessary to the life of the soul." -- Pope John XXIII

Derwyddon
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Derwyddon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:19 pm

Why do you keep all giving him fodder? Just ignore him.
Putting the P in Pweb since 2001

Eaquae Legit
Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead

Postby Eaquae Legit » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:21 pm

Because it's never a bad time for The Princess Bride?

I really don't know, to be honest.

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Neither do I, but I'm not complaining.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Ozymandias

Postby Syphon the Sun » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:12 pm

Neither do I, but I'm not complaining.
My name is Inigo Montoya.

Mich
Commander
Commander
Title: T.U.R.T.L.E. Power
First Joined: 02 Apr 2002

Postby Mich » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:22 pm

We are men of action: lies do not become us.
Shell the unshellable, crawl the uncrawlible.

Row--row.

human.
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: pequenino

Postby human. » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:44 pm

You've always been somewhat intimidating to me, but I highly respect you and although we don't know each other well, you're in my thoughts.

Jebus
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Lord and Saviour
First Joined: 07 Nov 2001

Postby Jebus » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:23 pm

I'm sorry I'm only seeing this now Alea. I hope you're ok, everybody f*cks and does stupid things and forgets themselves. Whatever you did wrong I'm sure you had a reason that made you think it was right.

Eriador, you're f*cking worthless, when you f*ck up, no one will give a sh*t.

Virlomi
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: has been eaten by a bear

Postby Virlomi » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:37 pm

P.S... Paul?

I kind of forgot how much I loved you.

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:16 pm

Yeah, well, I'm not the f***-up who got arrested now, am I?

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Syphon the Sun » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:29 pm

daPyr0x
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Firebug

Postby daPyr0x » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:39 pm

Eriador, you're f*cking worthless, when you f*ck up, no one will give a sh*t.
Originally I was going to say something along the lines of "boy who cried wolf syndrome" but thought that might be a bit far...
Then I saw that.

Damn you are a douchebag aren't you? I don't even care if I get warned for saying that, cuz it's f****** worth it. Nobody went near as far as to call you a "f***-up," and most especially not the person you're referring to as being one. And that's despite how much you deserve it. You wanna call Jebus a f***-up go right ahead; not because he deserves it any more than she does, but at least you can say "he started it." But going after a woman who for all you know could be the sweetest woman on the planet (and as far as I'm concerned, she's damn close to it) because something that happened could not only ruin her career, but her entire life; and has taken to even admitting "I f****** up." That's f****** low man, even for you.

Go die in a hole or something, will you? Do us all a f****** favour.
Stop trying to be perfect. Focus on being you; perfect will come.
"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy I could have won"

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:51 pm

Whoa.... I didn't call anybody a f***-up. I actually was asserting non-f***-up-ness. I didn't mean to imply that Alea's a "f***-up," and I'm sorry that some of you took it that way.

I just wish that you guys would accept that not everybody sees everything the same way you do. My experience of Alea has not been sufficient for me to say the same sweet things about her that you do. However, I've been constantly attacked for my reserve. Chill out guys. I may not be perfect, but you guys haven't exactly been the sweetness and candy that you seem to expect of me.

Petra456
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Actually, I'm Fred (and a monster)
First Joined: 16 Mar 2004

Postby Petra456 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:03 pm

Eriador, do everyone a favor and stay out of this thread.
Member since March 16th, 2004.

And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Syphon the Sun
Toon Leader
Toon Leader

Postby Syphon the Sun » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:07 pm

Backpeddle all you want; what you said is right out there in the open for all to see.
Whatever which way you want to spin it, you're still a toolbag. I hope the mod hammer drops hard on this one.

How you can play yourself off as the innocent victim, I'll never figure out. Poor wittle guy, everybody's picking on him. Nevermind that you've been nothing short of a dickhole for the entire thread (or, dare I say, your entire stay in our lovely community).

We're not attacking you because you don't know her, or that you don't want to (blindly) support her. If you want to think she's the most horrible person in the world, feel free. (You're absolutely wrong, but hey, you can believe the sun is made of Jello for all I care.) Nobody cares. Our problem is when you insist on being so vocal about all that, when it serves no purpose whatsoever. And, then, to make matters worse, you just keep making yourself look more and more like a toolbox.

Why do you bother? Why do you insist on being such a f*ckstick around here? Why come, day after day, only to stir up trouble? Does it make you feel good to try to screw up such a great community? Do you feel more like a man? Maybe if you tried contributing something positive around here once in a while, you wouldn't be so universally hated. But, given that you don't seem too keen on trying that, why invest so much time and energy just to be a dick?

I'd love to continue this excellent discussion of just how big a clown you are, but I'd much rather be watching re-runs of The Golden Girls.

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:08 pm

Whoa... I'll admit that tact doesn't seem to work on me, but I still don't see a concrete reason WHY.

Ela
Toon Leader
Toon Leader
Title: Get off my lawn!!
First Joined: 0- 9-2000

Postby Ela » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 pm

Eriador, you have been beyond inappropriate in your responses to this thread.

eriador
KillEvilBanned

Postby eriador » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:27 pm

You're entitled to that opinion, but why do you have to be so vocal about it!?

(But honestly, this reminds me of my gay friend who has been told several times "we're okay with you being gay and all, but why do you have to talk about it?" I find that sort of sentiment disgusting. It's as if my thoughts and opinions are somehow inferior to yours (which I don't think you think) and so they shouldn't be voiced.)

Return to “Milagre Town Square”